Latest topics
» Game of the Week:
by BWsBW Today at 05:27 pm

» Lake Highlands - Week 3
by Fightjunkie Today at 04:33 pm

» THE WARRIORS, #1 Ranked Team in NORTH TEXAS, Looking to add
by Futbol4life Today at 04:27 pm

» 07 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Today at 04:08 pm

» Futsal Training @ GameOn Fort Worth
by burlesonsole Today at 02:51 pm

» FBR09 Rankings September 18th, 2017
by boilerjoe_96 Today at 02:44 pm

» FBR 08 September 19th, 2017
by FBR08G Today at 11:45 am

» Looking for 08g
by DallasKicksGamez Today at 10:29 am

» Looking for players!!
by DallasKicksGamez Today at 10:23 am

» Coming soon!
by LP_Elite Today at 07:56 am

» Lady Aztecs FC West - Need 02/01 Players
by ladyaztecsfcwest Yesterday at 05:35 pm

» Ennis Thunder FC 03G (Midfield/forward needed)
by Speedy23 Yesterday at 02:37 pm

» Solar 08 Cavalle Blue - Goalkeeper
by FMSolar Yesterday at 02:20 pm

» Should Be Good
by Cam203030 Yesterday at 01:23 pm

» Can a rec player play as a guest with Selects at Tourney?
by tigerdad Yesterday at 12:00 pm

» Rumblings in 06 Land
by NoSpinZone Yesterday at 11:45 am

» 07 Girls Teams - League Challenge Cup (Nov. 17-19)
by Axel Foley Yesterday at 10:50 am

» FBR09 Rankings September 6th, 2017
by boilerjoe_96 Yesterday at 09:47 am

» 05 Talent Pool
by SkeetsG06 Yesterday at 08:18 am

» Game of the week 04
by Cam203030 17/09/17, 08:52 pm

» When you struggle to compete
by SoccerDad75033 17/09/17, 09:35 am

» Whats the word on Solar/FCD/Texans DA vs ECNL
by BigErn 15/09/17, 05:46 pm

» New Futsal league in N Ft Worth
by EagleMountainSportsPlex 15/09/17, 09:38 am

» 06 Girl forward
by Spence 15/09/17, 07:47 am

» Looking for Youth Large Kit FCD
by FcdDad06g/07b 14/09/17, 09:59 am

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11343 registered users
The newest registered user is soccerparenting101

Our users have posted a total of 162812 messages in 20441 subjects

Boring 04 Forum

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by adufresne on 16/04/15, 06:18 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
adufresne wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:
adufresne wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:Adufresne, I take it then that you thought your team played good vs us?


Well...I think our GK touched the ball maybe twice.  I think we can't finish, but if we could that game would've been 5-0 or worse.  We've played better.

There it is. You can't and you didn't win 5-0. You barely won, by the skin of your teeth vs. a smaller, weaker, inferior opponent. And you've played better - like in the 2-2 tie in the recent tournament when a  players shot off the left post in the first half ended up with us being one goal short of beating yall 3-2, is that the game you played better in? But check this, we have a hard time finishing too.

And furthermore, you made my point, did you not? You outplayed us and barely won. You said "we've played better". All I said was you would need to play better to beat Owen. So what is it about my original comment that you have a problem with?


Well I'm not going to argue with you on the internet about little girls soccer. Barely won?  Whatever helps you sleep at night. I don't care about the score. The team Texas Spirit North played against on Tuesday night was far superior than they were. If that team plays like that against Owen, the score will be the same or worse. That is just one of the problems I had to your original post. None of it made sense regarding either matchup or assessment.

Talk about hitting happy hour early. Far superior is an assinine comment. Bigger, slower albeit talented, but with a lot less heart would be a more accurate comment. You say you're not going to argue about little girls soccer, yet that's exactly what you initiated when you piped up to a simple honest comment. Btw, I know you don't care about the score, but score sheet said 1-0 (and last time 2-2 and the time before that 1-0 despite complete domination). What does barely won mean? Okay, let me rephrase it, I should have said if you all don't do a better job of finishing, Owen could get the W.


Slower? You're crazy. We had at least 90% possession. At least. You're goalie was chasing balls all day. The only balls we we're chasing were the ones booted to the adjacent field due to pressure. Slower? Tip it on back.......

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 241
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by go99 on 16/04/15, 06:28 pm

KnKsDad wrote:A few interesting matchups this weekend with D1 implications...

Let's see if the immovable object (Odyssey defense) can stop the irresistable force (Spirit stud forward). Odyssey has a way of taking the opponent's primary option out of the game, so you have to have balance against them.

Elite's defense is vulnerable to speed, so Chacon should give them a good run. They'll definitely be motivated - might pull off a shocker.

D'Feeters better watch out for Owen who is trying to halt the slide. If they play like they did vs TSN they could be in for an L.

Nothing wrong with this assesment.

I can see odyssey putting a halt to the spirit attack. They defend well and move the ball to keep possesion.

if elite has a soft spot it is not cleaning up garbage booted over the top. Coach has recognized it and worked on it. But with the team being on pace to break at least any recent record of goals against I would hesitate to call it a vunerability. Sting will be motivated but every team is motivated for that game. could the spoiler be 2 injured elite players?

D'feeters is all over the map with performances so tough to call it a automatic win. I would have had stinkyfeet at 2nd or 3rd best but certianly not performing to that standard on a consistant bases
avatar
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2876
Points : 5654
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by bwgophers on 16/04/15, 06:47 pm

go99 wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:A few interesting matchups this weekend with D1 implications...

Let's see if the immovable object (Odyssey defense) can stop the irresistable force (Spirit stud forward). Odyssey has a way of taking the opponent's primary option out of the game, so you have to have balance against them.

Elite's defense is vulnerable to speed, so Chacon should give them a good run. They'll definitely be motivated - might pull off a shocker.

D'Feeters better watch out for Owen who is trying to halt the slide. If they play like they did vs TSN they could be in for an L.

Nothing wrong with this assesment.

I can see odyssey putting a halt to the spirit attack.  They defend well and move the ball to keep possesion.

if elite has a soft spot it is not cleaning up garbage booted over the top.  Coach has recognized it and worked on it.  But with the team being on pace to break at least any recent record of goals against I would hesitate to call it a vunerability.  Sting will be motivated but every team is motivated for that game. could the spoiler be 2 injured elite players?

D'feeters is all over the map with performances so tough to call it a automatic win.  I would have had stinkyfeet at 2nd or 3rd best but certianly not performing to that standard on a consistant bases


Question Question Question

'04 LP Elite has given up 5 goals in 15 U11 D1 games to date...

'02 FCD Premier gave up 3 goals in 19 U11 D1 games.
'01 Solar Red gave up 3 goals in 19 U11 D1 games.
'01 Sting Flanagan gave up 5 goals in 19 U11 D1 games.
'00 Solar Red gave up 5 goals in 19 U11 D1 games.

What recent record for goals against are they on pace to break???

__________________________________________________
If you're gonna talk the talk...   don't show up in a wheelchair with two broken legs...
avatar
bwgophers
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 2356
Points : 4262
Join date : 2013-04-02
Location : Enjoying Semi-Retirement as the Michael Slater Honorary Professor Emeritus of FBR at the Chamber of Imaginary Knowledge

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by adufresne on 16/04/15, 07:15 pm

Awe now....What is this????? A voice of reason?l. You can't come on here with that. You have to bring drama and innuendo around here.

__________________________________________________
"You cant win the Kentucky Derby unless you're on a thoroughbred."

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 241
Points : 1536
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by go99 on 16/04/15, 07:57 pm

The srsa record lol
avatar
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2876
Points : 5654
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by purplefrog on 16/04/15, 08:19 pm

No voice of reason allowed...the 04 forum is finally getting good again
avatar
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 118
Points : 1195
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by Guest on 16/04/15, 10:15 pm

Gophers schooled you Go....hehehehehe

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by go99 on 16/04/15, 10:29 pm

I know I feel kinda like dts after that sting game
avatar
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2876
Points : 5654
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by SD69 on 16/04/15, 10:34 pm

Ouch
avatar
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1333
Points : 3190
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by Guest on 16/04/15, 10:36 pm

You should....damn shame

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by Guest on 16/04/15, 10:38 pm

BTW...congrats to baby Go. Heard she delivered a beauty.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by go99 on 16/04/15, 10:44 pm

I just hope the girls can stay focused and finish out the year. All of the rain outs and mid week gains is priming a team for a slip up.
avatar
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2876
Points : 5654
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by jsullivan81 on 17/04/15, 08:15 am

bwgophers wrote:
go99 wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:A few interesting matchups this weekend with D1 implications...

Let's see if the immovable object (Odyssey defense) can stop the irresistable force (Spirit stud forward). Odyssey has a way of taking the opponent's primary option out of the game, so you have to have balance against them.

Elite's defense is vulnerable to speed, so Chacon should give them a good run. They'll definitely be motivated - might pull off a shocker.

D'Feeters better watch out for Owen who is trying to halt the slide. If they play like they did vs TSN they could be in for an L.

Nothing wrong with this assesment.



I can see odyssey putting a halt to the spirit attack.  They defend well and move the ball to keep possesion.

if elite has a soft spot it is not cleaning up garbage booted over the top.  Coach has recognized it and worked on it.  But with the team being on pace to break at least any recent record of goals against I would hesitate to call it a vunerability.  Sting will be motivated but every team is motivated for that game. could the spoiler be 2 injured elite players?

D'feeters is all over the map with performances so tough to call it a automatic win.  I would have had stinkyfeet at 2nd or 3rd best but certianly not performing to that standard on a consistant bases


Question Question Question

'04 LP Elite has given up 5 goals in 15 U11 D1 games to date...

'02 FCD Premier gave up 3 goals in 19 U11 D1 games.
'01 Solar Red gave up 3 goals in 19 U11 D1 games.
'01 Sting Flanagan gave up 5 goals in 19 U11 D1 games.
'00 Solar Red gave up 5 goals in 19 U11 D1 games.

What recent record for goals against are they on pace to break???

I am glad I wasn't the only one who saw Go was mistaken with his holier than thou assesement on the GA record. A few 03 teams last year had a similar GA record. So, it's not some magical feat. But, they still have a few games left. Who knows, maybe they can get the "record" for the 04's.

However, when we last played Go's team, I mean his kid' team, we stood no chance. So, while a lot of may poke, the team our DD's play for don't really compare.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 2194
Join date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by go99 on 17/04/15, 08:45 am

I'm glad you guys decided to pile on so I went and rechecked my "holier than thou" statement. So no Jsulli you too are wrong. NO 03 team had similar GA record. But I am sure SOMEONE also saw you were mistaken in your holier than thou assesment on the 03 GA record I just beat them to pointing it out.

SOLAR CHELSEA RED 03 103 GF 7 GA and no other 03 teams below that. Welcome to the WRONG club

FCD premier 02 74 GF 3 GA but also managed 2 ties and second place behind texans with 69 GF and 6 GA

solar red 01 had 56 GF and 3 GA but again finished 3rd with 5 draws. Sting flanny finished 50 GF and 5 GA

So my mistake I didn't look far enough down the table to spot the teams that didn't manage to win their league. So yes it is some "magical feet" that is rarely accomplished (unless you want to tell me that 5GA is not impressive because the competition just isn't very good). The GF is fairly impressive but wont reach the rarified air of the 100+ club.
avatar
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2876
Points : 5654
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by jsullivan81 on 17/04/15, 09:10 am

I was referring to GA only. Not GD. SRSA had 7 GA in the 03 world their first year. A Sting team in DIII had 6 GA their first year of select. So, yes I would say 5, 6, 7 are all "similar" in GA. And keep in mind, 5 isn't the final number. You guys may end up with 10 GA, you know with Chacon having all that speed and stuff.

Initially you werent talking wins / losses and only GA. However, carry on if expanding the scope furthers your case.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 2194
Join date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by SickofSilliness on 17/04/15, 09:15 am

A little defensive go?

Last I checked, YOU were the one to come on here with the bold statement "the team being on pace to break at least any recent record of goals against."

jsulli said "A few 03 teams last year had a similar GA record." - to which you took offense

So - lets look at the record:

'04 LP elite - 5 GA, 15 games - .333 GA average
'03 Solar - 7GA, 19 games - .368 GA average

So yes, go, I would agree with a "similar" GA record.


Looking at prior years - you are now trying to qualify your original boast of breaking the "recent" GA "record".

How recent?  One year?  lol!

In the past 4 years (which I would call recent) - 2 teams already hold the "record".  Two others have tied it.  So no, go, 5 GA would not be "breaking" the record.

You also never said "the teams who won D1 and had the lowest goals against record"

You were clear - recent record of goals against

You don't hold it, you won't hold it.

SickofSilliness
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 523
Points : 1739
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by PurplePonyPower on 17/04/15, 09:21 am

You folks sound like you've given up the ghost of chasing Elite down and are instead vigorously pursuing Go's misstatements. I guess the fat lady is singing.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 196
Points : 1406
Join date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by BrianWilliams on 17/04/15, 09:47 am

Oh, I was there.

I saw go singing with my own two eyes.

It wasn't pretty.
avatar
BrianWilliams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 128
Points : 1446
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by soccernovice04 on 17/04/15, 09:49 am

You can always count on BW to supply the hard numbers to quash any braggadocio! Twisted Evil Let's move on to a more subjective topic. I went through the remaining games for the top 12 teams. Nothing scientific or data driven but here is my prediction of how I think this will all end up with "29" being the magic number. And before anyone asks, my dd doesn't play for any of these teams. And yes, I put the Elite/Premier game down as a Draw. Anyone have a take on how they see it?
Team                    Points
1. Liverpool Elite        53
2. DT South               48
3. Liverpool Premier   47
4. Texas Spririt          46
5. D'Feeters Black      44
6. DT Scott                37
7. Sting Gutierrez       37
8. Odyssey                35
9. Sting Chacon         30
10. DT Red Stark        29
11. TS North              28
12. Liverpool Owen     27

soccernovice04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 75
Points : 2335
Join date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by go99 on 17/04/15, 09:56 am

yes I was clear GA and I was wrong and so was Jsulli. Solar has 7 and I feel elite can beat that. No I was definitely not counting D3 if I am doing that why not also count PPL or arlington or hell the local YMCA league. So no 5, 6, 7 are not similar just as 5 is not similar to 3. and I said on pace so if you are going to do the math if they keep the 5 at the end of the season it ends up being .2 I am not qualifying and not defensive at all. I have no problem with being wrong (I do it quite often). I missed the other teams because I didn't bother to look at the teams that didn't win their league. It's not a qualification it is a reason why I was wrong. In fact I don't believe I ever said I wasn't wrong. I owned it. In fact I welcomed other to the "wrong" club which I was part of.

So to clarify I WAS WRONG.

As face as my CASE goes, it is simple. The idea that elite is susceptible to speed is an overstatement considering they have a "SIMILAR" GA to the best GA ever in classic league.

It's rarified air and to suggest that 5 GA is pedestrian was just silly. While the team will not hit the rare air of the 100+GF club (they will fall below that but above the standard norm for the high) the GA is impressive and amongst the best defensive efforts.

So not defensive. No problem being wrong. But a few of you do seem to have your panties in a wad over it.

With all that being said they could give up a ton in the last few games. I don't think so but they are 10/11 so it certianly could happen. Personally I hope teams send bodies forward in an all out attack to "teach me a lesson".
avatar
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2876
Points : 5654
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by go99 on 17/04/15, 10:00 am

PurplePonyPower wrote:You folks sound like you've given up the ghost of chasing Elite down and are instead vigorously pursuing Go's misstatements. I guess the fat lady is singing.

The fat lady was warming up in qualifying. She started singing in October
avatar
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2876
Points : 5654
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by Guest on 17/04/15, 10:15 am

That's the old Go that I remember...
The stronger the team the more confident his posts are.

Lmmfao....lord don't let elite ever disband!! Go might spontaneously combust!!

Too bad our team took a step backwards...now all I can do is Roast elite parents in a non soccer related manner.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by go99 on 17/04/15, 10:46 am

actually I never changed. I took a step back to see if the 04's had anything to say (without me bringing a little fire to the boards). Based on the "boring 04 forum" thread I would say that was a no. Not so boring now is it ? Twisted Evil had a couple of MIA's show up to comment on my post. Your team didn't take a step backwards they had a slip. I expect they will crush someone this weekend. If they don't maybe then you can classify it as a step backwards

Don't care if people hate me, hate the team, hate a coach but post something that counts as an actual opinion

for example soccernovice. Nice and safe

Team Points
1. Liverpool Elite 53
2. DT South 48
3. Liverpool Premier 47
4. Texas Spririt 46
5. D'Feeters Black 44
6. DT Scott 37
7. Sting Gutierrez 37
8. Odyssey 35
9. Sting Chacon 30
10. DT Red Stark 29
11. TS North 28
12. Liverpool Owen 27

but no substance and a qualification of "no dog in the fight" to keep people from pouncing. Tell us what you really think of those teams and why they will finish that way

Okay why is owen at the bottom? What keeps scott in 6th? Who sucks? Who will blow it in the end? If everybodies lips are firmly planted to everyone elses backside then nobody can actually talk.

I miss the good old days of my sons team "sucks and don't deserve to be in d1". This or that coach couldn't coach a fat kid to eat cake etc. Hell I haven't been threatened with an ass kicking in months

Safe is boring
avatar
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2876
Points : 5654
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad on 17/04/15, 10:48 am

soccernovice04 wrote:You can always count on BW to supply the hard numbers to quash any braggadocio! Twisted Evil Let's move on to a more subjective topic. I went through the remaining games for the top 12 teams. Nothing scientific or data driven but here is my prediction of how I think this will all end up with "29" being the magic number. And before anyone asks, my dd doesn't play for any of these teams. And yes, I put the Elite/Premier game down as a Draw. Anyone have a take on how they see it?
Team                    Points
1. Liverpool Elite        53
2. DT South               48
3. Liverpool Premier   47
4. Texas Spririt          46
5. D'Feeters Black      44
6. DT Scott                37
7. Sting Gutierrez       37
8. Odyssey                35
9. Sting Chacon         30
10. DT Red Stark        29
11. TS North              28
12. Liverpool Owen     27

I could see this playing out close to how you have noted it above, although the infamous 'player pass' might be used by some to skew the actual results. Word on the street is Sting Gutierrez has already tapped into this big club 'gift' and I wouldn't be surprised if Owen, Chacon, or Red don't follow suit. It is in the big clubs best interest to get as many teams into D1 as possible. In my perfect world, all teams would play 'player true' (meaning only those players rostered in the Fall or added as full time players during the season). This would ensure the teams who qualify for D1 next year are actually the teams who qualified.

Best example I heard once was it is kind of like when our DDs plan to go to college, they will need to take their own SAT / ACT . . . won't be able to get someone else to take it for them. Unfortunately, there are some parents who would and do attempt to pay others to take the SAT/ACT for their kids, which in turn disadvantages those who try to do it one their own merits. It also sends the wrong messages of what is right and wrong to their DDs. Just saying Smile
avatar
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Points : 1905
Join date : 2012-11-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by soccernovice04 on 17/04/15, 11:09 am

Peak_Performance_Dad wrote:
soccernovice04 wrote:You can always count on BW to supply the hard numbers to quash any braggadocio! Twisted Evil Let's move on to a more subjective topic. I went through the remaining games for the top 12 teams. Nothing scientific or data driven but here is my prediction of how I think this will all end up with "29" being the magic number. And before anyone asks, my dd doesn't play for any of these teams. And yes, I put the Elite/Premier game down as a Draw. Anyone have a take on how they see it?
Team                    Points
1. Liverpool Elite        53
2. DT South               48
3. Liverpool Premier   47
4. Texas Spririt          46
5. D'Feeters Black      44
6. DT Scott                37
7. Sting Gutierrez       37
8. Odyssey                35
9. Sting Chacon         30
10. DT Red Stark        29
11. TS North              28
12. Liverpool Owen     27

I could see this playing out close to how you have noted it above, although the infamous 'player pass' might be used by some to skew the actual results.  Word on the street is Sting Gutierrez has already tapped into this big club 'gift' and I wouldn't be surprised if Owen, Chacon, or Red don't follow suit.  It is in the big clubs best interest to get as many teams into D1 as possible.  In my perfect world, all teams would play 'player true' (meaning only those players rostered in the Fall or added as full time players during the season).  This would ensure the teams who qualify for D1 next year are actually the teams who qualified.

Best example I heard once was it is kind of like when our DDs plan to go to college, they will need to take their own SAT / ACT . . . won't be able to get someone else to take it for them.  Unfortunately, there are some parents who would and do attempt to pay others to take the SAT/ACT for their kids, which in turn disadvantages those who try to do it one their own merits.  It also sends the wrong messages of what is right and wrong to their DDs.  Just saying Smile
At least the last 3 games of the season a team can only CPP one player. Not trying to minimize the effect that the 1 "ringer" could have on the outcome, but I'm thinking most teams will be able to counter with an exceptional player of their own. My thoughts are that LP Owen has the toughest remaining schedule. The outcomes of the games against DT Stark and TSN will be the deciding factors in who gets the last spot.


Last edited by soccernovice04 on 17/04/15, 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total

soccernovice04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 75
Points : 2335
Join date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad on 17/04/15, 11:12 am

soccernovice04 wrote:
Peak_Performance_Dad wrote:
soccernovice04 wrote:You can always count on BW to supply the hard numbers to quash any braggadocio! Twisted Evil Let's move on to a more subjective topic. I went through the remaining games for the top 12 teams. Nothing scientific or data driven but here is my prediction of how I think this will all end up with "29" being the magic number. And before anyone asks, my dd doesn't play for any of these teams. And yes, I put the Elite/Premier game down as a Draw. Anyone have a take on how they see it?
Team                    Points
1. Liverpool Elite        53
2. DT South               48
3. Liverpool Premier   47
4. Texas Spririt          46
5. D'Feeters Black      44
6. DT Scott                37
7. Sting Gutierrez       37
8. Odyssey                35
9. Sting Chacon         30
10. DT Red Stark        29
11. TS North              28
12. Liverpool Owen     27

I could see this playing out close to how you have noted it above, although the infamous 'player pass' might be used by some to skew the actual results.  Word on the street is Sting Gutierrez has already tapped into this big club 'gift' and I wouldn't be surprised if Owen, Chacon, or Red don't follow suit.  It is in the big clubs best interest to get as many teams into D1 as possible.  In my perfect world, all teams would play 'player true' (meaning only those players rostered in the Fall or added as full time players during the season).  This would ensure the teams who qualify for D1 next year are actually the teams who qualified.

Best example I heard once was it is kind of like when our DDs plan to go to college, they will need to take their own SAT / ACT . . . won't be able to get someone else to take it for them.  Unfortunately, there are some parents who would and do attempt to pay others to take the SAT/ACT for their kids, which in turn disadvantages those who try to do it one their own merits.  It also sends the wrong messages of what is right and wrong to their DDs.  Just saying Smile
At least the last 3 games of the season a team can only CPP one player. Not trying to minimize the effect that the 1 "ringer" could have on the outcome, but I'm thinking most teams will be able to counter with an exceptional player of their own.

Good point, although it still could impact the results at some level. It will be interesting to see if some of the surprising results we have seen over the past few weeks for a team or two change during the final three games. Smile

Best of luck to your DDs, especially if they are on one of the 6-8 teams working for the final few D1 spots.
avatar
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Points : 1905
Join date : 2012-11-20

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum