North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Boring 04 Forum - Page 7 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Boring 04 Forum

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Boring 04 Forum - Page 7 Empty Re: Boring 04 Forum

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad 17/04/15, 11:12 am

soccernovice04 wrote:
Peak_Performance_Dad wrote:
soccernovice04 wrote:You can always count on BW to supply the hard numbers to quash any braggadocio! Twisted Evil Let's move on to a more subjective topic. I went through the remaining games for the top 12 teams. Nothing scientific or data driven but here is my prediction of how I think this will all end up with "29" being the magic number. And before anyone asks, my dd doesn't play for any of these teams. And yes, I put the Elite/Premier game down as a Draw. Anyone have a take on how they see it?
Team                    Points
1. Liverpool Elite        53
2. DT South               48
3. Liverpool Premier   47
4. Texas Spririt          46
5. D'Feeters Black      44
6. DT Scott                37
7. Sting Gutierrez       37
8. Odyssey                35
9. Sting Chacon         30
10. DT Red Stark        29
11. TS North              28
12. Liverpool Owen     27

I could see this playing out close to how you have noted it above, although the infamous 'player pass' might be used by some to skew the actual results.  Word on the street is Sting Gutierrez has already tapped into this big club 'gift' and I wouldn't be surprised if Owen, Chacon, or Red don't follow suit.  It is in the big clubs best interest to get as many teams into D1 as possible.  In my perfect world, all teams would play 'player true' (meaning only those players rostered in the Fall or added as full time players during the season).  This would ensure the teams who qualify for D1 next year are actually the teams who qualified.

Best example I heard once was it is kind of like when our DDs plan to go to college, they will need to take their own SAT / ACT . . . won't be able to get someone else to take it for them.  Unfortunately, there are some parents who would and do attempt to pay others to take the SAT/ACT for their kids, which in turn disadvantages those who try to do it one their own merits.  It also sends the wrong messages of what is right and wrong to their DDs.  Just saying Smile
At least the last 3 games of the season a team can only CPP one player. Not trying to minimize the effect that the 1 "ringer" could have on the outcome, but I'm thinking most teams will be able to counter with an exceptional player of their own.

Good point, although it still could impact the results at some level. It will be interesting to see if some of the surprising results we have seen over the past few weeks for a team or two change during the final three games. Smile

Best of luck to your DDs, especially if they are on one of the 6-8 teams working for the final few D1 spots.

Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 17/04/15, 05:43 pm

adufresne wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:
adufresne wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:
adufresne wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:Adufresne, I take it then that you thought your team played good vs us?

Well...I think our GK touched the ball maybe twice.  I think we can't finish, but if we could that game would've been 5-0 or worse.  We've played better.

There it is. You can't and you didn't win 5-0. You barely won, by the skin of your teeth vs. a smaller, weaker, inferior opponent. And you've played better - like in the 2-2 tie in the recent tournament when a  players shot off the left post in the first half ended up with us being one goal short of beating yall 3-2, is that the game you played better in? But check this, we have a hard time finishing too.

And furthermore, you made my point, did you not? You outplayed us and barely won. You said "we've played better". All I said was you would need to play better to beat Owen. So what is it about my original comment that you have a problem with?

Well I'm not going to argue with you on the internet about little girls soccer. Barely won?  Whatever helps you sleep at night. I don't care about the score. The team Texas Spirit North played against on Tuesday night was far superior than they were. If that team plays like that against Owen, the score will be the same or worse. That is just one of the problems I had to your original post. None of it made sense regarding either matchup or assessment.

Talk about hitting happy hour early. Far superior is an assinine comment. Bigger, slower albeit talented, but with a lot less heart would be a more accurate comment. You say you're not going to argue about little girls soccer, yet that's exactly what you initiated when you piped up to a simple honest comment. Btw, I know you don't care about the score, but score sheet said 1-0 (and last time 2-2 and the time before that 1-0 despite complete domination). What does barely won mean? Okay, let me rephrase it, I should have said if you all don't do a better job of finishing, Owen could get the W.

Slower?  You're crazy.  We had at least 90% possession. At least. You're goalie was chasing balls all day. The only balls we we're chasing were the ones booted to the adjacent field due to pressure. Slower? Tip it on back.......

Seriously? Can't you at least be honest in your statements? First off, speed and possession are not the same thing. With respect to speed, I venture to say the three fastest players on the field were not wearing your colors, but faster doesn't necessarily mean better, I grant that. With respect to possession, even if that were a true statement, that makes my point all the more, meaning play like that against Owen and you could lose.  What I think the real issue is, is that you simply have a problem with my audacity to even make a comment suggesting anything remotely negative about your team. Relax big guy, your D1 status is secure.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 17/04/15, 05:59 pm

soccernovice04 wrote:
Peak_Performance_Dad wrote:
soccernovice04 wrote:You can always count on BW to supply the hard numbers to quash any braggadocio! Twisted Evil Let's move on to a more subjective topic. I went through the remaining games for the top 12 teams. Nothing scientific or data driven but here is my prediction of how I think this will all end up with "29" being the magic number. And before anyone asks, my dd doesn't play for any of these teams. And yes, I put the Elite/Premier game down as a Draw. Anyone have a take on how they see it?
Team                    Points
1. Liverpool Elite        53
2. DT South               48
3. Liverpool Premier   47
4. Texas Spririt          46
5. D'Feeters Black      44
6. DT Scott                37
7. Sting Gutierrez       37
8. Odyssey                35
9. Sting Chacon         30
10. DT Red Stark        29
11. TS North              28
12. Liverpool Owen     27

I could see this playing out close to how you have noted it above, although the infamous 'player pass' might be used by some to skew the actual results.  Word on the street is Sting Gutierrez has already tapped into this big club 'gift' and I wouldn't be surprised if Owen, Chacon, or Red don't follow suit.  It is in the big clubs best interest to get as many teams into D1 as possible.  In my perfect world, all teams would play 'player true' (meaning only those players rostered in the Fall or added as full time players during the season).  This would ensure the teams who qualify for D1 next year are actually the teams who qualified.

Best example I heard once was it is kind of like when our DDs plan to go to college, they will need to take their own SAT / ACT . . . won't be able to get someone else to take it for them.  Unfortunately, there are some parents who would and do attempt to pay others to take the SAT/ACT for their kids, which in turn disadvantages those who try to do it one their own merits.  It also sends the wrong messages of what is right and wrong to their DDs.  Just saying Smile
At least the last 3 games of the season a team can only CPP one player. Not trying to minimize the effect that the 1 "ringer" could have on the outcome, but I'm thinking most teams will be able to counter with an exceptional player of their own. My thoughts are that LP Owen has the toughest remaining schedule. The outcomes of the games against DT Stark and TSN will be the deciding factors in who gets the last spot.

Agree with you Peak. And Novice, I wonder if most teams counter with an exceptional player of their own? Even though they are able, not all will. The best thing would be for LH to make sure all the remaining 04 games were on the same day, but that works against their interests as well.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 17/04/15, 06:54 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
adufresne wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:
adufresne wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:
adufresne wrote:

Well...I think our GK touched the ball maybe twice.  I think we can't finish, but if we could that game would've been 5-0 or worse.  We've played better.

There it is. You can't and you didn't win 5-0. You barely won, by the skin of your teeth vs. a smaller, weaker, inferior opponent. And you've played better - like in the 2-2 tie in the recent tournament when a  players shot off the left post in the first half ended up with us being one goal short of beating yall 3-2, is that the game you played better in? But check this, we have a hard time finishing too.

And furthermore, you made my point, did you not? You outplayed us and barely won. You said "we've played better". All I said was you would need to play better to beat Owen. So what is it about my original comment that you have a problem with?

Well I'm not going to argue with you on the internet about little girls soccer. Barely won?  Whatever helps you sleep at night. I don't care about the score. The team Texas Spirit North played against on Tuesday night was far superior than they were. If that team plays like that against Owen, the score will be the same or worse. That is just one of the problems I had to your original post. None of it made sense regarding either matchup or assessment.

Talk about hitting happy hour early. Far superior is an assinine comment. Bigger, slower albeit talented, but with a lot less heart would be a more accurate comment. You say you're not going to argue about little girls soccer, yet that's exactly what you initiated when you piped up to a simple honest comment. Btw, I know you don't care about the score, but score sheet said 1-0 (and last time 2-2 and the time before that 1-0 despite complete domination). What does barely won mean? Okay, let me rephrase it, I should have said if you all don't do a better job of finishing, Owen could get the W.

Slower?  You're crazy.  We had at least 90% possession. At least. You're goalie was chasing balls all day. The only balls we we're chasing were the ones booted to the adjacent field due to pressure. Slower? Tip it on back.......

Seriously? Can't you at least be honest in your statements? First off, speed and possession are not the same thing. With respect to speed, I venture to say the three fastest players on the field were not wearing your colors, but faster doesn't necessarily mean better, I grant that. With respect to possession, even if that were a true statement, that makes my point all the more, meaning play like that against Owen and you could lose.  What I think the real issue is, is that you simply have a problem with my audacity to even make a comment suggesting anything remotely negative about your team. Relax big guy, your D1 status is secure.

You know what........you're exactly right. I am amazed at how fast Spirit North. It was like our girls were dragging plows. Especially our midfielders. They hardly ever won any balls. It was like they were in slow motion. We got lucky to win by the skin of our teeth.
Hopefully we can get lucky again tomorrow. How did you know I was a big guy?

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 17/04/15, 08:48 pm

So, does anybody consider that Madonna's kiss upon Drake might have been abuse or inappropriate.

Or is this the wrong forum?

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 17/04/15, 10:39 pm

pale
adufresne wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:
adufresne wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:
adufresne wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:

You know what........you're exactly right. I am amazed at how fast Spirit North. It was like our girls were dragging plows. Especially our midfielders. They hardly ever won any balls. It was like they were in slow motion. We got lucky to win by the skin of our teeth.
Hopefully we can get lucky again tomorrow. How did you know I was a big guy?

They were also heartless....ie lacked any desire to play hard. That coupled with being slow. Wasn't just one thing causing the issue. Fyi
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 28/04/15, 02:59 pm

At least this thread had a little action. Now it's back to boredom. We need to get out from under this dark cloud. So let's fall back on an old standby, so what about FCD Premier beating Chacon this past Sunday - that a way to keep things interesting, any CPP on the part of FCD?

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerchicken 28/04/15, 03:15 pm

KnKsDad wrote:At least this thread had a little action. Now it's back to boredom. We need to get out from under this dark cloud. So let's fall back on an old standby, so what about FCD Premier beating Chacon this past Sunday - any CPP on the part of FCD? That a way to keep things interesting.

Are they allowed to cpp from other clubs?
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 28/04/15, 03:18 pm

I heard it was that Sting West forward who made all the difference

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 28/04/15, 03:21 pm

Are you asking that seriously? Because if you are then no they are not, just other teams within the club.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 28/04/15, 03:24 pm

KnKsDad wrote:Are you asking that seriously? Because if you are then no they are not, just other teams within the club.

What if he was not?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 28/04/15, 03:30 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:Are you asking that seriously? Because if you are then no they are not, just other teams within the club.

What if he was not?

You know it's a "he"? Ah, yes if it was a she it would be soccerchick, I get it. And if he/she was not, I would have to further advise..lol

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerchicken 28/04/15, 03:31 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:

What if he was not?

My bad, I was confusing cpp with ecnl, when they bring in kids from other clubs.
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 28/04/15, 04:29 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
SickofSilliness wrote:

What if he was not?

You know it's a "he"? Ah, yes if it was a she it would be soccerchick, I get it. And if he/she was not, I would have to further advise..lol

My bad.  Poor use of the reference "he".  If he/she were a "he",  he would be soccerrooster or soccercock. She could be soccerhen.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerchicken 28/04/15, 04:40 pm

Either way, I'm sure I would find you two equally repulsive.
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 28/04/15, 04:43 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:
SickofSilliness wrote:

What if he was not?

My bad.  Poor use of the reference "he".  If he/she were a "he",  he would be soccerrooster or soccercock.  She could be soccerhen.

soccercock..LOL What is this forum coming to?

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 28/04/15, 05:00 pm

Back on a serious note, for those teams playing in State Cup this weekend, will that end up being an advantage or disadvantage to those teams that then have to play two league games during the week following?

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 28/04/15, 05:08 pm

"repulsive"? definitely soccerchick but soccercock is right up there with lord bates
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerchicken 28/04/15, 05:32 pm

go99 wrote:"repulsive"? definitely soccerchick but soccercock is right up there with lord bates

I'm sure in your case it would be "lil" soccercock.  Possibly pigs in a blanket.
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 28/04/15, 05:51 pm

Yep that's what I though. Lol. Don't quite get the pigs in a blanket though
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/04/15, 06:29 pm

go99 wrote:Yep that's what I though. Lol. Don't quite get the pigs in a blanket though
If I didn't know any better go, I'd think soccerchicken is trying to say you have a sausage wallet.

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 29/04/15, 07:28 am

KnKsDad wrote:Back on a serious note, for those teams playing in State Cup this weekend, will that end up being an advantage or disadvantage to those teams that then have to play two league games during the week following?

The real question regarding State Cup, is will the inability to receive players from those teams playing in state cup impact the teams who have been using CPP this season.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 29/04/15, 07:43 am

SickofSilliness wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:Back on a serious note, for those teams playing in State Cup this weekend, will that end up being an advantage or disadvantage to those teams that then have to play two league games during the week following?

The real question regarding State Cup, is will the inability to receive players from those teams playing in state cup impact the teams who have been using CPP this season.

It could also effect the big slow and heartless teams. Go, don't forget your sausage wallet when you go to work.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 29/04/15, 07:50 am

I never leave home without it
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 29/04/15, 08:04 am

Thank the heavens we don't play Spirit North. The soccer gods looked favorably upon Us.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/04/15, 10:39 am

Man KnKs got deep under your skin eh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down