North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ODP Region III camp Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

ODP Region III camp

Go down

ODP Region III camp Empty ODP Region III camp

Post by Goalkick 10/05/15, 10:57 am

Can anyone who has had a DD attend the camp give some feedback... Positive and/or negative... Thanks

Goalkick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

ODP Region III camp Empty Re: ODP Region III camp

Post by ledger 11/05/15, 08:00 am

Goalkick wrote:Can anyone who has had a DD attend the camp give some feedback... Positive and/or negative... Thanks

My dd went last year and really enjoyed it. They trained a lot so she definitely needs to show up in good shape. They train and play games during the day. From that, some players are invited to additional training sessions where they identify the regional pool players. At the end of the camp, they post who made the regional pool. My dd had a positive experience and came back looking better than when she left. She was exhausted when she came home, so it is physically challenging.

ledger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer315 11/05/15, 10:05 am

Sorry, totally different experience for my dd. She went in 2013, so they may have changed the camp last year - hopefully they did. Her group trained for 1 1/2 or 2 hours in the morning and then had a game in the afternoon. Several players were invited to the additional training to select the Regional Pool team. A lot of down time and do not expect a lot of instruction.

With that said, the ODP program was beneficial for her by having a different voice coaching her other than her club coach.
soccer315
soccer315
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 11/05/15, 10:17 am

My DD has been and enjoyed camp. They worked real hard and was beneficial for her. Rather expensive camp, as most are. But, with high school and club soccer, my DD needed to give one up to avoid burnout. So ODP went to the side. Hated to see that but it happens.

Good luck.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 11/05/15, 10:25 am

Don't expect the camp to have the top players this year I believe that it's supercopa weekend.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ20 11/05/15, 11:50 am

DD enjoyed subregional camp in OK, but did not enjoy regional camp.... game in am and 1-2 hours training in afternoon. Complained about the facilities and food in Alabama. Echo the previous sentiment "too much down time".... she did not feel she had to work very hard as compared to regular club practice or skill sessions she normally attends. She does not want to go this year and for the cost Im not gonna make her.

JJ20
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by goldenshoe 11/05/15, 02:43 pm

My DD went last year as well. Did NOT enjoy the bus ride at all. She said that camp was overall Okay. She did agree that they were not busy enough. Maybe it is because she was not selected to train with other 'exclusive' groups. She did tell me that only the top team received attention at the camp, but that is just how it is I guess.....

goldenshoe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiki-taka 11/05/15, 04:24 pm

Last year there was a lot down time. They even watched the US games at world cup. Kind of an expensive week to watch soccer on the TV. While they had fun watching the game and cheering in US together, as paying parents, a little torn about the use of time. Overall still a good experience for the attendees.
Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SkeetsG06 13/05/15, 10:23 am

This summer will be my dd's 3rd year attending the camp. She has thoroughly enjoyed every year. In particular, she has enjoyed meeting and competing against players from other states as well as exposure to college coaches. IMO, region camp is the most important step of ODP. Specifically, if your dd can make the region team / pool, so many doors will be opened for her, especially if your dd does not play for an ECNL Club or is not on the national team/pool. The ODP region pool players can get the opportunity to go to a national camp with national team coaches, play other region teams in front of 100+ college coaches, as well as travel abroad. Net, there are a lot of positives.

Negatives -
1) it's hot as hell in Alabama during July. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate...rest,rest, rest. Texas girls are not use to the humidity.
2) Travel to and from camp - (a) via plane was expensive so people complained ab cost, (b) via bus was looong ride on the way back. On the way to, travel is overnight so not as bad. But on the way back is brutal.

SkeetsG06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Hamster 15/05/15, 02:32 pm

Region III camp in Alabama is a waste of time, effort, & money.

They played briefly in the morning and evening.  The bulk of the afternoon was spent watching TV.  My DD complained to her coach and he explained that "many of the players can't handle the Alabama mid day heat" . . . Rolling Eyes .  (I'd hate to see what happens to those same players if they had to play the LHGC qualifier in August in Texas!)

Now the U12 ODP camp in Oklahoma was very good.  The whole day was loaded with field time and skill sessions.   Facilities are top notch too.  She very much enjoyed OK.

She does not want to attend the Alabama camp again.

Save your money and go to any one of the excellent area college camps (A&M, SMU, etc...)  It will be better for her.
Mia Hamster
Mia Hamster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Type 1 left-footer 16/05/15, 11:08 am

My DD has attended for 3 years. She has enjoyed it and even though they do not train all day, the day is pretty full.
A daily schedule includes trainings, traveling back and forth to the dining hall (which does take time to eat with multiple other states there eating too), showers (there are really only 4 showers for about 35 girls LOL), ice baths, loads of walking, meetings and games.
They did watch the game last year and it was truly an amazing thing to have an entire theater full of girls that hung on every play of that game. They got to be surrounded by girls from multiple states that sided with either Germany or Argentina.
They got evaluations from a coach that didn't know nor care what club team that they played for or who their parents were, just how they played for those three days. It was either an eye-opener for some or a boost to their egos for others.
A few college coaches that DD is interested in playing for stopped by to watch her games. They spoke with the ODP coach or just sat on the bench to watch the games.
Does the bus ride suck? Welcome to college ball ladies, not all colleges are going to fly your happy arses around for your games, most of the colleges are going to have you riding the bus too.
Is it a steep amount of money? Yes, but it's a camp not a coupon budgeting campaign. And remember that states like Florida have ODP programs that bring great college coaches out to watch your DD play. Those ODP programs are still very strong and pulled a lot to add to the Regional pool at the close of camp.
Type 1 left-footer
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by meriusrex 17/06/15, 12:39 am

With this years rosters already set and payment deadline passed, this is just another view on ODP...
DD went to Oklahoma, then Alabama last year, and will return this year. Oklahoma was a great introduction to what ODP camps consists of with a little less intensity...great experience. Alabama is different in that not all players have the same training or camp experience. There were players last year that did not enjoy the camp as much because they were not invited to any of the mixed trainings or the all-star game. But isn't that the point to regionals? Some will be selected to train in more challenging sessions in an attempt to see if they are national pool material...not everyone is going to achieve that. With that said, players that stay with ODP with the end goal of having a better experience the next year may find that they enjoy camp the 2nd time around because they know what to expect and what is required of them to get the results they are hoping for. Hope this helps...

meriusrex
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down