2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» FBR09 Rankings November 21st, 2017
by ProphAC Today at 09:44 pm

» Week one of the LH season
by Soccerscrub11 Today at 09:26 pm

» Sporting United Greenville
by Soccerscrub11 Today at 09:20 pm

» No More BW!
by Soccerscrub11 Today at 09:19 pm

» lake highlands next season
by Soccerscrub11 Today at 09:16 pm

» Will ECNL survive?
by Jugglemaster Today at 07:52 pm

» D'Feeters 08 JDL (Colón)
by pingo99 Today at 06:37 pm

» 05 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C Today at 05:10 pm

» 04 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C Today at 04:31 pm

» TOURNAMENT: UPPER 90 CHALLENGE - December 1-3, 2017
by U90C Today at 04:26 pm

» 08 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C Today at 02:48 pm

» 06 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C Today at 02:46 pm

» Sting Central 10s new teams
by sting71 Today at 02:36 pm

» Full FCD Youth Large kit, bibs, etc for sale.
by psaldivar Today at 02:06 pm

» D'Feeters 06G - [Aranha]
by DNWGS Today at 01:53 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya Today at 12:42 pm

» TEXAS WINTER CLASSIC - REGISTER NOW
by musaisaya Today at 12:41 pm

» Texas Spirit 05 - Allen Plano Mckinney
by BFC Today at 12:19 pm

» Thunder FC 08G Black - Adding players, incl. GK
by Thunder08Girls Today at 11:30 am

» 09 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C Today at 10:08 am

» 07 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C Today at 10:07 am

» 03 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C Today at 10:06 am

» DA Composite
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 08:46 pm

» Dallas Texans Fall Festival
by OkieEnergyDad Yesterday at 08:19 pm

» D'Feeters 09G - Looking for players
by DNWGS Yesterday at 06:20 pm

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11436 registered users
The newest registered user is Soccerscrub11

Our users have posted a total of 165522 messages in 20824 subjects

SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by MustangGT on 19/05/15, 08:50 pm

Lp Elite and DT South best teams. All of the Texas top 4-5 teams are technical and athletic. The difference between them is that Elite is most disciplined and committed to technical play regardless of opponent. Elite is a scoring machine. DTS can play a similar technically sound game unless well challenged to which they will default to their best in class speed and athleticism.

DTS and Elite have beat all the other top 3-4 teams multiple times over the last 1-2 years.

DTS vs Elite have gone 2 wins and 1 draw favoring Elite with a line of 3-3, 2-1, and 3-1. I hear the last game was played without subs for DTS. This makes since as the athletic edge would falter without any subs allowing Elite's disciplined technical edge to win out.

It's a clean toss up between Texas Spirit, Texans, and Lp Premier with Texas Spirit slightly edging out the other 2 more times than not in tournament play.

Anyhow that's my view on the group.

MustangGT
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 145
Join date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by Beachgirl71 on 19/05/15, 09:20 pm

Good soccer in Georgia and Florida typically. That Georgia team doesn't have much in GotSoccer but it looks like they play a lot of good teams from the southeast per soccerincollege.com. Anyone seen them play?

Beachgirl71
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 10
Points : 929
Join date : 2015-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by adufresne on 19/05/15, 09:43 pm

MustangGT wrote:Lp Elite and DT South best teams. All of the Texas top 4-5 teams are technical and athletic. The difference between them is that Elite is most disciplined and committed to technical play regardless of opponent. Elite is a scoring machine. DTS can play a similar technically sound game unless well challenged to which they will default to their best in class speed and athleticism.

DTS and Elite have beat all the other top 3-4 teams multiple times over the last 1-2 years.

DTS vs Elite have gone 2 wins and 1 draw favoring Elite with a line of 3-3, 2-1, and 3-1. I hear the last game was played without subs for DTS. This makes since as the athletic edge would falter without any subs allowing Elite's disciplined technical edge to win out.

It's a clean toss up between Texas Spirit, Texans, and Lp Premier with Texas Spirit slightly edging out the other 2 more times than not in tournament play.

Anyhow that's my view on the group.



This is a crap assessment from a South parent. Elite beats everybody cause they're solid players from top to bottom. Has nothing to do with "technical play". They keep it in your end and grind you down. They're the best team but if you can match up, you can beat them(MAYBE)

South is fast and physical and possess the ball well but not ahead of the other 3.

LP Premier and Elite are basically the same team just not as good individually from top to bottom.

Scott is probably more "possession" than any. They just play very defensive.

Spirit is VERY potent on offense but lacks defensively.


That's my take on the group as unbiased and not in the tourney.

__________________________________________________
"You cant win the Kentucky Derby unless you're on a thoroughbred."

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 246
Points : 1605
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by JonSneauxTargaryen on 19/05/15, 09:51 pm

Mustang isn't a south parent though...

__________________________________________________
"When enough people make false promises words stop meaning anything and then there are no more answers only better and better lies" --Jon Snow/Aegon VII Targaryen
avatar
JonSneauxTargaryen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 248
Points : 1173
Join date : 2015-05-13
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by adufresne on 19/05/15, 09:54 pm

WhySeauxSerious wrote:Mustang isn't a south parent though...

My bad. I still disagree. No disrespect. Just saying.....


Then why the game analysis and scoring recap?

__________________________________________________
"You cant win the Kentucky Derby unless you're on a thoroughbred."

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 246
Points : 1605
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by go99 on 19/05/15, 11:16 pm

okay this is fun.

LP Elite. There is a reason they are the #1 ranked team. Should be expected to win the tournament. Open practices before the tournament could lead to a lack of focus but not likely. Likes to play a fast aggressive possesion style. adufresne was right lock you in your own end and grind you down is the MO. weakness could be can be drawn into a kickball battle. Bad news is they are capable of winning ugly too.

DTS - I wouldn't call them possesion but one of the most athletic and aggressive teams top to bottom we have seen. Losing some of the more athletic kids could cost them though. They will bring it in this tourney though so expect them to go deep in the tournament.

LP Premier - actually will leave that off. Don't want it to be taken the wrong way

Texans scott- Solid team if not a little defensive. They will be a tough nut to crack but seems to lack offensive punch but also not rock solid in D. Should make it out of bracket but not enough bite to go much further

TXspirit - I don't get this team. The times we played them I just didn't think there was much there. But then they play other teams and show real firepower. If you don't play good team defense there forward can make you pay but overall I don't think the team soccer is good enough.

1 Elite
2 DTS ( could change depending on player loss)
3 Premier Play every game like they play elite and they will pass dts
4 Scott "solid"sums them up. Will do well
5 Tx spirit Scores planty of goals but gives them up as well

Kingwood - Last time we saw them they really tried to move the ball and play nice soccer. Were a little short on talent and not as used to 11v11. Should be better on both fronts. Will be interesting to see them

TSC. Were a hard charging aggressive team that also tried to play well. They have been putting out some good squads so also will be interesting

With this tournament being during the open period it will be also interesting to see the rosters of the local teams and how much change there will be.
avatar
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2882
Points : 5724
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by Beachgirl71 on 20/05/15, 12:20 pm

Kids would leave a team before this tournament just because it's the open period?

Beachgirl71
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 10
Points : 929
Join date : 2015-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by HotShot36 on 20/05/15, 12:37 pm

I don't think kids will be leaving teams that are playing in this tournament but there might be kids who are interested in switching teams acquiring guest releases to play with teams in this tournament. This could give some teams a different look from when you last saw them.
avatar
HotShot36
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 44
Points : 1900
Join date : 2012-10-21

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by Beachgirl71 on 20/05/15, 12:54 pm

Good point. Seems though that if most of these teams carry 16 players, unless existing kids leave, adding anyone during the open period would cause issues. Issues as far as chemistry and playing time. Not sure it's a move Id make as a coach unless of course you're also losing kids simelataneously.

Beachgirl71
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 10
Points : 929
Join date : 2015-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by KnKsDad on 20/05/15, 04:05 pm

Beachgirl71 wrote:LP Elite is best by a goal and maybe toe over every other team in NTX.  Athletic, technical and good size.  Battle tested.  
Texans South is very athletic and tons of speed but not as composed at LP and 2 goals weaker than then every day of the week.
Texans are very good as well, more technical than South but 2-3 goals worse than LP.
Spirit should be able to compete here at about the same level as Texans.  

Bottom line is that it's LP Elite's to lose and I don't know if the Texas teams will be the one to do it IF it has a chance of happening.  LP is the real deal.

Not trying to pick on you, but still waiting for you to substantiate what makes Cleveland FC solid. IMO pretty much every team in this tournament could be characterized as solid, but you singled out two (and I'm familiar with TSC) when you coulda picked any of the others, so would think you have a basis for making that statement. They may be an exceptional team, I don't know, but just wanted more specifics if you have them.

Also, why not include Premier in your little list if you're gonna mention South, Scott and Spirit?

With respect to the other comment about soccer in GA and FL, no doubt good soccer is played there, but as someone else alluded to, a #4 team in GA/#72 in the nation probably won't be able to get it done in this tourney. IMO, any one of the NTX teams in this tourney would be able, with rare exception, to give any other states #1 a tussle if matched up rostered vs rostered.

A few of these out of state teams will likely get drove, unless they're loaded up with guests, which I suspect will end up being the case with a lot of these teams and the subsequent results will then make my comments look foolish.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 924
Points : 3082
Join date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by adufresne on 20/05/15, 04:43 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
Beachgirl71 wrote:LP Elite is best by a goal and maybe toe over every other team in NTX.  Athletic, technical and good size.  Battle tested.  
Texans South is very athletic and tons of speed but not as composed at LP and 2 goals weaker than then every day of the week.
Texans are very good as well, more technical than South but 2-3 goals worse than LP.
Spirit should be able to compete here at about the same level as Texans.  

Bottom line is that it's LP Elite's to lose and I don't know if the Texas teams will be the one to do it IF it has a chance of happening.  LP is the real deal.

Not trying to pick on you, but still waiting for you to substantiate what makes Cleveland FC solid. IMO pretty much every team in this tournament could be characterized as solid, but you singled out two (and I'm familiar with TSC) when you coulda picked any of the others, so would think you have a basis for making that statement. They may be an exceptional team, I don't know, but just wanted more specifics if you have them.

Also, why not include Premier in your little list if you're gonna mention South, Scott and Spirit?

With respect to the other comment about soccer in GA and FL, no doubt good soccer is played there, but as someone else alluded to, a #4 team in GA/#72 in the nation probably won't be able to get it done in this tourney. IMO, any one of the NTX teams in this tourney would be able, with rare exception, to give any other states #1 a tussle if matched up rostered vs rostered.

A few of these out of state teams will likely get drove, unless they're loaded up with guests, which I suspect will end up being the case with a lot of these teams and the subsequent results will then make my comments look foolish.


Probably referring to this

http://youthsoccerrankings.us

__________________________________________________
"You cant win the Kentucky Derby unless you're on a thoroughbred."

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 246
Points : 1605
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by KnKsDad on 20/05/15, 04:48 pm

I've been exposed..btw, you and I don't see things eye to eye typically, but it's a travesty that you'all aren't in it unless of course you chose not to be.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 924
Points : 3082
Join date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by adufresne on 20/05/15, 04:51 pm

KnKsDad wrote:I've been exposed..btw, you and I don't see things eye to eye typically, but it's a travesty that you'all aren't in it unless of course you chose not to be.


That's above my pay grade but I appreciate the sentiment nonetheless. We'll see a few of those teams in a couple of months anyway. Don't need to give anything away just yet.

__________________________________________________
"You cant win the Kentucky Derby unless you're on a thoroughbred."

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 246
Points : 1605
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by Beachgirl71 on 20/05/15, 07:05 pm

Your logic on a team being ranked in the 60s or 70s nationally and not being able to compete has one fatal flaw. Any states play very few tournaments that use GotSoccer. Disney for example is one of the only tournaments in the southeast that I know of. That Georgia team on the flip side is ranked 9th in the country on soccerincollege.com. Let's put it into perspective even further. LP Elite, the team everyone is saying a world beater, played Braddock Roads from Va twice, last time at Jefferson Cup and both were one goal LP elite wins. But very close games. That same Braddock team played the top Ga team at Disney and the Braddock team was very fortunate to escape with a tie. The
Georgia team coming to Copa plays that top Georgia team all the time and it appears they are very evenly matched.

Don't let the gotsoccer bias mislead you and don't give the cup to any north Texas teams just yet.

Beachgirl71
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 10
Points : 929
Join date : 2015-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by PurplePonyPower on 20/05/15, 07:18 pm

That Braddock team had one shot on goal while elite had something like 25. No excuses but it shouldn't have been close.  I don't remember elite playing them twice.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 196
Points : 1470
Join date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by adufresne on 20/05/15, 08:52 pm

Well see what she has to say on June 16 or so

__________________________________________________
"You cant win the Kentucky Derby unless you're on a thoroughbred."

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 246
Points : 1605
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by Beachgirl71 on 20/05/15, 08:54 pm

Yes we shall. Sounds like there is no reason for any other teams to come out here.

Beachgirl71
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 10
Points : 929
Join date : 2015-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by adufresne on 20/05/15, 09:00 pm

Well the games still have to be played but the track records are there. No one can deny that. The SoCal teams can hang but not sure about the rest. You can't compare a score in one game vs a score in another. The scores don't necessarily tell the tale.

__________________________________________________
"You cant win the Kentucky Derby unless you're on a thoroughbred."

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 246
Points : 1605
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by CowboyBill on 20/05/15, 09:32 pm

Track records are there for what to be supported? The fact that a bunch of Texas teams play each other a lot and everyone appears to agree on the order I which those teams fall? What's that have to do with the other teams coming from out of state? There is little to no track record there or logical correlation to the Texas teams.

That's like arguing that I'm the best team in the Big 12 because I beat up on the other teams around me all the time but I never play a team from another conference so I consider myself King of the World.

The world is not flat. There is more out there than the bubble some of you guys appear to live in. LP Elite has played out of state a little bit show me where the others have.

CowboyBill
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 2
Points : 920
Join date : 2015-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by adufresne on 20/05/15, 09:49 pm

Good luck to all. Hell my kid not even playing in the thing so I'm definitely not going to argue about it. But I will say this.....Elite has lost 1 game to 04G in like 3 or 4 years. If yall can make it 2 then more power to you but don't come on here talking about some team that that tied some team that played somebody 1 time a few months ago and gotsoccer rankings.

__________________________________________________
"You cant win the Kentucky Derby unless you're on a thoroughbred."

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 246
Points : 1605
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by Saul Goodman on 20/05/15, 10:04 pm

CowboyBill wrote:Track records are there for what to be supported?  The fact that a bunch of Texas teams play each other a lot and everyone appears to agree on the order I which those teams fall?  What's that have to do with the other teams coming from out of state?  There is little to no track record there or logical correlation to the Texas teams.  

That's like arguing that I'm the best team in the Big 12 because I beat up on the other teams around me all the time but I never play a team from another conference so I consider myself King of the World.

The world is not flat.  There is more out there than the bubble some of you guys appear to live in.  LP Elite has played out of state a little bit show me where the others have.  


Valid points. The Vegas Cup is a perfect example of when the bubble burst. You have 3 teams (LP Premier, DT Scott, and Spirit) who most thought would go deep into the tournament and 2 of them couldn't even make it out of bracket play. These 3 teams are also in the SuperCopa.

__________________________________________________
It's All Good-Man
avatar
Saul Goodman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 45
Points : 1122
Join date : 2014-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by JonSneauxTargaryen on 20/05/15, 10:53 pm

I hope a team from Louisiana wins it...

__________________________________________________
"When enough people make false promises words stop meaning anything and then there are no more answers only better and better lies" --Jon Snow/Aegon VII Targaryen
avatar
JonSneauxTargaryen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 248
Points : 1173
Join date : 2015-05-13
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 20/05/15, 11:41 pm

CowboyBill wrote:Track records are there for what to be supported?  The fact that a bunch of Texas teams play each other a lot and everyone appears to agree on the order I which those teams fall?  What's that have to do with the other teams coming from out of state?  There is little to no track record there or logical correlation to the Texas teams.  

That's like arguing that I'm the best team in the Big 12 because I beat up on the other teams around me all the time but I never play a team from another conference so I consider myself King of the World.

The world is not flat.  There is more out there than the bubble some of you guys appear to live in.  LP Elite has played out of state a little bit show me where the others have.  

CowboyBill, I take it your daughter plays for Kitterman? Your team will be considered an out of state team.  Kitterman has played multiple Texas teams especially LP Premier, DT Scott and LP Elite (all three in Super Copa).  Unless Im missing something, either
1.) You're new to the team,
2.) Other team parents have not filled you in on mentioned teams above, or
3.) Kitterman has reloaded and a new found confident has emerged.

So which one is it  Cool ?

DT South - Played in Kansas
DT Scott - Played in Nevada
TX Spirit - Played in Nevada, Oklahoma
LP Premier - Played in Nevada, Colorado, Oklahoma

I may be missing a few ..


Last edited by Son_ofa_Pitch on 21/05/15, 08:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
avatar
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 843
Points : 2982
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by bird04 on 21/05/15, 07:18 am

My daughter plays for Kitterman and I don't recognize the moniker "CowboyBill" from the OK message boards...but if I did, I would agree with Pitch...NTX teams excellent and the real deal and have definitely "played out of state". He/she must be from somewhere else...everyone on Kitterman knows NTX is where you go for comp....

bird04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 42
Points : 1060
Join date : 2015-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by db10 on 21/05/15, 08:30 am

The simple fact is that this is a tournament, a bad bounce, a bad call can change everything. We also need to remember that some of the teams outside of NTX are built for these tournaments while the NTX teams are built for the grueling season. Not many teams face the battle each game that the top 8-10 provide. Let's be honest any of those top 8 could make noise on a national stage. The key in a tournament is to be flexible and be able to change tactics if what you're doing isn't working. Will a team like Elite or DTS be willing to do this? Will elite's D carry the ball out of their half rather than trying to force long passes? Can DTS adjust if they face a team as athletic as them that know how to close down forwards in the open field?

__________________________________________________
"Behind every kick of the ball there has to be a thought" - Dennis Bergkamp
avatar
db10
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 357
Points : 2170
Join date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 21/05/15, 08:41 am

db10 wrote:The simple fact is that this is a tournament, a bad bounce, a bad call can change everything. We also need to remember that some of the teams outside of NTX are built for these tournaments while the NTX teams are built for the grueling season. Not many teams face the battle each game that the top 8-10 provide. Let's be honest any of those top 8 could make noise on a national stage. The key in a tournament is to be flexible and be able to change tactics if what you're doing isn't working. Will a team like Elite or DTS be willing to do this? Will elite's D carry the ball out of their half rather than trying to force long passes? Can DTS adjust if they face a team as athletic as them that know how to close down forwards in the open field?

True, a bad bounce here, a bad bounce there and anything can happen.. I'm not going to pull the 10/11 yrs old card.  They will make mistakes and adjustments will be needed/made. That's the beauty of great/good teams, they make it happen.  Regardless of who Elite plays, they will have to bring their "A" game and vice versa..
avatar
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 843
Points : 2982
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum