Latest topics
Dallas Texans Pre Academy EligioToday at 01:57 pmmalwee
FDL Season 1 impressions?Today at 01:21 pmBENDMEOVER
07 Boys Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Jan. 31-Feb. 3, 2019)Today at 01:01 pmU90C
10 Boys Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Jan. 31-Feb. 3, 2019)Today at 01:01 pmU90C
Sting Alliance 12 Martinez - Trophy Club/Keller/Roanoke Today at 11:38 amSting Alliance
Sting Alliance 11 Martinez - Trophy Club/Keller/RoanokeToday at 11:36 amSting Alliance
Winter Cup 23rd-27th January The ColonyToday at 11:18 amTriumph FC
2010 Team Seeking Players- New Coach!Today at 10:18 amTitansAlliance
07 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Jan. 31-Feb. 3, 2019)Today at 09:36 amU90C
12 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Jan. 31-Feb. 3, 2019)Today at 09:35 amU90C
09 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Jan. 31-Feb. 3, 2019)Today at 09:34 amU90C
TEXAS CLUBS SOCCER LEAGUE - SPRING 2019 REGISTRATION OPENToday at 09:11 amU90C
PIT+ Elite Invitational Spring 2019Today at 07:32 amNicoleJames
Dallas Rush 10G Elite - Looking for KeeperToday at 02:03 amApodaca64
2010 Shooters SCYesterday at 09:41 pmEricsal
Vegas BabyYesterday at 09:41 pmFoxysoccermom
Winter Cup 03 Boys The Colony 23rd-27th Jan Yesterday at 09:07 pmTriumph FC
09 Boys Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Jan. 31-Feb. 3, 2019)Yesterday at 05:05 pmU90C
11 Boys Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Jan. 31-Feb. 3, 2019)Yesterday at 05:04 pmU90C
TOURNAMENT: U90C SPRING KICKOFF - Jan. 31-Feb. 3, 2019Yesterday at 04:55 pmExitmiester
Winter Cup 2019 The Colony 23rd- 27th January Yesterday at 03:41 pmTriumph FC
Winter Cup 2019 The Colony 23rd- 27th January Yesterday at 03:38 pmTriumph FC
⚽️ Come TRAIN & PLAY with the #CRAZYFEET ⚽️ 2006 GirlsYesterday at 01:55 pmsoccaloco
Texas Xtreme Looking to add 1-2 PlayersYesterday at 01:10 pmTexas Xtreme FC 06
Texas Xtreme 06 Looking for playersYesterday at 01:07 pmTexas Xtreme FC 06
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12827 registered users
The newest registered user is thegreatr

Our users have posted a total of 184691 messages in 24717 subjects

FIFA weather rules

Go down

FIFA weather rules

Post by canaryman on 27/05/15, 10:24 pm

Where does it say in the FIFA rules (that LHGCL follows) that a game must be started over at 0-0 if it is not finished because of weather? I have had several folks from several different clubs say that is not the case and that FIFA rules say that a game is deemed complete once the ball is kicked off in the 2nd half.

canaryman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 121
Points : 2397
Join date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: FIFA weather rules

Post by ZzzKing on 28/05/15, 06:34 am

FIGA weather rules state that if you schedule a World Cup where the game time temperature is likely to exceed 120F, you must reschedule the entire tournament to a different season of the year but in no case should the tournament venue be changed unless such change is accompanied by the appropriate, but unreported fees paid directly to the voting board members.

ZzzKing
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 16
Points : 2462
Join date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: FIFA weather rules

Post by Lefty on 28/05/15, 07:49 am

As with all FIFA rules, it is at the discretion of the highest under the table bidder.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1062
Points : 4620
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: FIFA weather rules

Post by RightWingDad on 28/05/15, 08:38 am

Lefty wrote:As with all FIFA rules, it is at the discretion of the highest under the table bidder.

cheers
avatar
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 631
Points : 3109
Join date : 2012-06-15
Location : Dangerously close to the touch line

Back to top Go down

Re: FIFA weather rules

Post by canaryman on 28/05/15, 09:19 am

Funny comments because FIFA has been in the news and all....

....but can anyone actually answer my question? When LHGCL is asked about the rule, they say that they follow FIFA rules. But if the FIFA rule is actually the opposite...there could be some teams that may feel like they were "cheated" a little.

canaryman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 121
Points : 2397
Join date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: FIFA weather rules

Post by Guest on 28/05/15, 09:38 am

canaryman wrote:Where does it say in the FIFA rules (that LHGCL follows) that a game must be started over at 0-0 if it is not finished because of weather?  I have had several folks from several different clubs say that is not the case and that FIFA rules say that a game is deemed complete once the ball is kicked off in the 2nd half.  

Here's the FIFA rule

Abandoned match
An abandoned match is replayed unless the competition rules provide otherwise.

After searching LHGCL bylaws, I don't see anything that provides for "otherwise".

BTW, I've heard plenty of people say the same thing, but I don't see anything in the bylaws that support it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: FIFA weather rules

Post by Holly Hunter on 28/05/15, 05:11 pm

OLJW wrote:
canaryman wrote:Where does it say in the FIFA rules (that LHGCL follows) that a game must be started over at 0-0 if it is not finished because of weather?  I have had several folks from several different clubs say that is not the case and that FIFA rules say that a game is deemed complete once the ball is kicked off in the 2nd half.  

Here's the FIFA rule

Abandoned match
An abandoned match is replayed unless the competition rules provide otherwise.

After searching LHGCL bylaws, I don't see anything that provides for "otherwise".

BTW, I've heard plenty of people say the same thing, but I don't see anything in the bylaws that support it.
It's not in the bylaws, it's on the website: http://www.girlsclassicleague.org/page/show/1203730-inclement-weather-procedures

"If games are cancelled or games are incomplete, they will be replayed in their entirety."
avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 192
Points : 1753
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: FIFA weather rules

Post by canaryman on 29/05/15, 07:14 am

Thank you.

I can understand not saying the game is complete until full game is played, but I still can't see the logic in playing a whole new game starting at 0-0. Why not just restart where the game was left off? If it was, for example, 2-0 with 22:00 left...why not just start from that point? Wouldn't be hard to just have refs mark down a score and time on the game card. Neither team would have any room to complain about that

canaryman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 121
Points : 2397
Join date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: FIFA weather rules

Post by TripDDs on 29/05/15, 10:53 am

canaryman wrote:Thank you.

I can understand not saying the game is complete until full game is played, but I still can't see the logic in playing a whole new game starting at 0-0.  Why not just restart where the game was left off?  If it was, for example, 2-0 with 22:00 left...why not just start from that point?  Wouldn't be hard to just have refs mark down a score and time on the game card.  Neither team would have any room to complain about that

Unless there is a strong wind favoring one side of the field and how is it determined who gets it for the half?
avatar
TripDDs
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 101
Points : 2217
Join date : 2013-04-19

Back to top Go down

Re: FIFA weather rules

Post by canaryman on 29/05/15, 12:02 pm

Still way more fair than having a team up by multiple goals and taking those away and making them start over IMO.

As far as who gets which side...I guess a coin flip like normal

canaryman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 121
Points : 2397
Join date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum