2017/2018 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Open Practice Dallas Texans 09G Scarfone
by Mpereztx10 Today at 09:00 am

» Speed & Agility Training in Plano
by mamabee Today at 08:44 am

» Liverpool FC IA 08 Girls (The Colony)
by SGS Yesterday at 10:59 pm

» Playoffs coming...
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 09:16 pm

» D'Feeters Black 08 Girls
by Dfeeters Black Yesterday at 04:47 pm

» D'Feeters Black 09 Girls
by Dfeeters Black Yesterday at 04:46 pm

» 05 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (May 11-13)
by U90C Yesterday at 04:39 pm

» 09 Girls Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C Yesterday at 02:38 pm

» U8 Girls Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C Yesterday at 02:35 pm

» U7 Girls Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C Yesterday at 02:32 pm

» Solar 06G The Colony - adding to roster
by SolarWest Yesterday at 02:21 pm

» Solar 09G Covey
by skipper Yesterday at 01:52 pm

» Solar 08G Covey
by skipper Yesterday at 01:51 pm

» List of Soccer Clubs/Teams in Garland
by FCsoccer1 Yesterday at 01:31 pm

» Looking for GK Trainer - Mid Cities Area
by Sideline Mom Yesterday at 01:19 pm

» Solar 11G Evans Opening
by mamabee Yesterday at 01:18 pm

» Bio Banding Initiative ( CLICK LINK )
by Foxysoccermom Yesterday at 12:59 pm

» Fever United 09 White (Keller,Colleyville, Southlake)
by DVaughn14 Yesterday at 11:58 am

» 09 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (May 11-13)
by U90C Yesterday at 11:47 am

» American Academy of Soccer - Forming '11 Academy Team
by Mccarthy23 Yesterday at 11:36 am

» American Academy of Soccer - Forming '10 Academy Team
by Mccarthy23 Yesterday at 11:35 am

» American Academy of Soccer - Forming '09 Academy Team
by Mccarthy23 Yesterday at 11:35 am

» Summer Camps - Alliance/Keller/North Fort Worth Area
by TXAllianceSoccer Yesterday at 10:41 am

» Summer Camps - Alliance/Keller/North Fort Worth Area
by TXAllianceSoccer Yesterday at 10:39 am

» 07 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (May 11-13)
by U90C Yesterday at 10:17 am

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11705 registered users
The newest registered user is soccermom4life

Our users have posted a total of 171017 messages in 21489 subjects

Mother Nature Wins

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by SickofStupidity on 03/06/15, 08:19 am

Would be nice to get some more answers from LH - I would like to think that how promotion / relegation will occur next year has been determined when deciding to make 15 team brackets and take 33 teams in U12.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 791
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Guest on 03/06/15, 08:26 am


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Guest on 03/06/15, 09:38 am

SickofSilliness wrote:Would be nice to get some more answers from LH - I would like to think that how promotion / relegation will occur next year has been determined when deciding to make 15 team brackets and take 33 teams in U12.

Who cares? They've already proven that what you were told you were playing for doesn't mean anything.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Holly Hunter on 03/06/15, 10:02 am

OLJW wrote:
SickofSilliness wrote:Would be nice to get some more answers from LH - I would like to think that how promotion / relegation will occur next year has been determined when deciding to make 15 team brackets and take 33 teams in U12.

Who cares?   They've already proven that what you were told you were playing for doesn't mean anything.  
Ah, there it is...  what was it our kids were playing for again?  a spot on the USWNT?  I thought they were playing because they enjoy the sport and the joy of competition - what more is there?
avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 164
Points : 1454
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Guest on 03/06/15, 10:18 am

Ok, I'll play.

A spot in the USWNT? No
Competition? Yes
Enjoyment of the game? Yes
To move up and play better competition? Yes. This one was denied after we had already achieved it.

Now I have a question for you. What part of my original statement do you find to be factually incorrect?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by progressiveparent on 03/06/15, 10:23 am

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad


Last edited by progressiveparent on 03/06/15, 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total

progressiveparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 20
Points : 1282
Join date : 2014-11-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Guest on 03/06/15, 11:05 am

Ohhhhh.......now I see the light. Your ingenious retort has convinced me. Don't know how I could possibly hope to win against such searing logic as that.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by oldboot on 03/06/15, 11:16 am

Sardonic crybaby?
avatar
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 400
Points : 2886
Join date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Holly Hunter on 03/06/15, 11:19 am

OLJW wrote:Ok, I'll play.

A spot in the USWNT? No
Competition? Yes
Enjoyment of the game? Yes
To move up and play better competition? Yes. This one was denied after we had already achieved it.

Now I have a question for you. What part of my original statement do you find to be factually incorrect?
Nothing was incorrect about the statement.  If a team earned a promotion they did not get (mathematically speaking) then I can see where there should be some concern or people being upset.  OR is it the fact that really only one team was relegated our of LH into the QT's?  OR was it that you were hoping a team or two you felt didn't deserve to be promoted, got promoted - excluding mathematics, of course?  This is an unprecedented season and everyone was running out of time, I'm quite sure this is not the norm and what was done was about as close to fair (I didn't say completely fair) as they could get without actually playing the remaining games.  It says you were denied even after you had already achieved it?  Was your team unfairly relegated?  Just curious cause I thought all teams that were mathematically able to be promoted WERE promoted.  That statement leaves me scratch
avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 164
Points : 1454
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by oldboot on 03/06/15, 11:29 am

This debate will continue forever, because the reality is that there was no GOOD solution to the problem. Regardless of what was decided, someone would have been on here making a case for how their team was unfairly affected.

The lesson here is that life is rarely "fair" and you can either spend your energy focusing on how you've been treated unfairly or you can focus on the things you can control and move forward. It should be a great lesson for our kids. Apparently, there are plenty of parents who are still learning as well.
avatar
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 400
Points : 2886
Join date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by KnKsDad on 03/06/15, 12:03 pm

The preachy life lesson stuff can be a bit annoying at times, particularly when someone is venting about a perceived injustice. Usually it comes from those who don't have a dog in the fight or just happened to get the "fair" treatment on that particular go 'round.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 926
Points : 3238
Join date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by oldboot on 03/06/15, 12:20 pm

So venting = good and preaching = bad.  I think my monkey brain can comprehend that.

How's this:  Suck it up and move on.  Is that a little less preachy?

Can I get an amen? Anybody?


I wonder if any of the LHCL volunteers who've spent countless hours over the last month trying to fix problems caused by extreme weather conditions (that haven't happened in the last 117 years) find any of this annoying?
avatar
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 400
Points : 2886
Join date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by KnKsDad on 03/06/15, 12:24 pm

HeadHaunter wrote:
OLJW wrote:Ok, I'll play.

A spot in the USWNT? No
Competition? Yes
Enjoyment of the game? Yes
To move up and play better competition? Yes. This one was denied after we had already achieved it.

Now I have a question for you. What part of my original statement do you find to be factually incorrect?
Nothing was incorrect about the statement.  If a team earned a promotion they did not get (mathematically speaking) then I can see where there should be some concern or people being upset.  OR is it the fact that really only one team was relegated our of LH into the QT's?  OR was it that you were hoping a team or two you felt didn't deserve to be promoted, got promoted - excluding mathematics, of course?  This is an unprecedented season and everyone was running out of time, I'm quite sure this is not the norm and what was done was about as close to fair (I didn't say completely fair) as they could get without actually playing the remaining games.  It says you were denied even after you had already achieved it?  Was your team unfairly relegated?  Just curious cause I thought all teams that were mathematically able to be promoted WERE promoted.  That statement leaves me scratch

I'll act as mediator and provide a different frame of reference by saying that it wasn't this time (and hasn't been in the past) necessarily handled as fairly in another age group.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 926
Points : 3238
Join date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Holly Hunter on 03/06/15, 12:36 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
HeadHaunter wrote:
OLJW wrote:Ok, I'll play.

A spot in the USWNT? No
Competition? Yes
Enjoyment of the game? Yes
To move up and play better competition? Yes. This one was denied after we had already achieved it.

Now I have a question for you. What part of my original statement do you find to be factually incorrect?
Nothing was incorrect about the statement.  If a team earned a promotion they did not get (mathematically speaking) then I can see where there should be some concern or people being upset.  OR is it the fact that really only one team was relegated our of LH into the QT's?  OR was it that you were hoping a team or two you felt didn't deserve to be promoted, got promoted - excluding mathematics, of course?  This is an unprecedented season and everyone was running out of time, I'm quite sure this is not the norm and what was done was about as close to fair (I didn't say completely fair) as they could get without actually playing the remaining games.  It says you were denied even after you had already achieved it?  Was your team unfairly relegated?  Just curious cause I thought all teams that were mathematically able to be promoted WERE promoted.  That statement leaves me scratch

I'll act as mediator and provide a different frame of reference by saying that it wasn't this time (and hasn't been in the past) necessarily handled as fairly in another age group.
My interpretation here is that we're speaking about the 04s (U11s) only, I believe the U11 to U12 age group promotion is NEVER handled the same as other age groups due to the change from a 20 team supergroup to actual divisional groups so not sure that statement holds water in this argument but thanks for trying to mediate...
avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 164
Points : 1454
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by db10 on 04/06/15, 01:19 pm

Not sure how any team in the 04's can complain. 5 extra stayed in D1, 1 extra promoted to D2 and only 1 sent back to the QT.

__________________________________________________
"Behind every kick of the ball there has to be a thought" - Dennis Bergkamp
avatar
db10
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 356
Points : 2323
Join date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by SD69 on 04/06/15, 01:25 pm

Only complaint that can be argued is that some teams who would've been near the bottom 4 or 5 of D1 next year have to compete with 5 additional teams for the potential recruits looking to be in D1 next year.
avatar
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1345
Points : 3421
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum