Latest topics
» Game of the Week:
by BWsBW Today at 05:27 pm

» Lake Highlands - Week 3
by Fightjunkie Today at 04:33 pm

» THE WARRIORS, #1 Ranked Team in NORTH TEXAS, Looking to add
by Futbol4life Today at 04:27 pm

» 07 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Today at 04:08 pm

» Futsal Training @ GameOn Fort Worth
by burlesonsole Today at 02:51 pm

» FBR09 Rankings September 18th, 2017
by boilerjoe_96 Today at 02:44 pm

» FBR 08 September 19th, 2017
by FBR08G Today at 11:45 am

» Looking for 08g
by DallasKicksGamez Today at 10:29 am

» Looking for players!!
by DallasKicksGamez Today at 10:23 am

» Coming soon!
by LP_Elite Today at 07:56 am

» Lady Aztecs FC West - Need 02/01 Players
by ladyaztecsfcwest Yesterday at 05:35 pm

» Ennis Thunder FC 03G (Midfield/forward needed)
by Speedy23 Yesterday at 02:37 pm

» Solar 08 Cavalle Blue - Goalkeeper
by FMSolar Yesterday at 02:20 pm

» Should Be Good
by Cam203030 Yesterday at 01:23 pm

» Can a rec player play as a guest with Selects at Tourney?
by tigerdad Yesterday at 12:00 pm

» Rumblings in 06 Land
by NoSpinZone Yesterday at 11:45 am

» 07 Girls Teams - League Challenge Cup (Nov. 17-19)
by Axel Foley Yesterday at 10:50 am

» FBR09 Rankings September 6th, 2017
by boilerjoe_96 Yesterday at 09:47 am

» 05 Talent Pool
by SkeetsG06 Yesterday at 08:18 am

» Game of the week 04
by Cam203030 17/09/17, 08:52 pm

» When you struggle to compete
by SoccerDad75033 17/09/17, 09:35 am

» Whats the word on Solar/FCD/Texans DA vs ECNL
by BigErn 15/09/17, 05:46 pm

» New Futsal league in N Ft Worth
by EagleMountainSportsPlex 15/09/17, 09:38 am

» 06 Girl forward
by Spence 15/09/17, 07:47 am

» Looking for Youth Large Kit FCD
by FcdDad06g/07b 14/09/17, 09:59 am

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11343 registered users
The newest registered user is soccerparenting101

Our users have posted a total of 162812 messages in 20441 subjects

Mother Nature Wins

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Mandalorian on 01/06/15, 10:34 am

SD69-That would have been much easier to type... Very Happy

Sweet Feet- I hope I'm wrong too.

Mandalorian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 54
Join date : 2014-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by purplefrog on 01/06/15, 10:45 am

SD69 wrote:
Mandalorian wrote:I think it ends up like this:
D1
1 LP Elite
2 D'Feet Black
3 Texans South
4 LP Premiere
5 Spirit
6 Texans Scott
7 Odyssey
8 Sting Gutierrez
9 LP Owen
10 Sting Chacon

D2
11 Texans Red
12 FCD
13 Spirit North
14 Solar
15 Sting Hilton
16 LP Redknapp
17 Sting Cuevas
18 Mustangs
19 Sting West
20 Andromeda

D3
21 Kicks
22 Sting Angell
23 GSSC
24 D'Feet White
25 LP St John
26 Aztecs
27 Re-qualify
28 Re-qualify
29 Re-qualify
30 Re-qualify
So basically just current standings?

Based on the message from LH, I don't think it would end up this way. This would mean teams that have a "mathematical opportunity" to get promoted or avoid relegation would not be promoted or not obtain a bye.
avatar
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 118
Points : 1195
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by JonSneauxTargaryen on 01/06/15, 10:46 am

depending on the outcome....the dynamics or participation of some open try outs could change drastically...

if they keep the current standings then why even make the announcement that they will be in the lab?

__________________________________________________
"When enough people make false promises words stop meaning anything and then there are no more answers only better and better lies" --Jon Snow/Aegon VII Targaryen
avatar
JonSneauxTargaryen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 214
Points : 1075
Join date : 2015-05-13
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Mandalorian on 01/06/15, 11:05 am

I don't know what would have been wrong with another year of the super group? If you keep the current standings, and keep the super group, looks like GSSC is the only one that would have a complaint.
avatar
Mandalorian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 54
Points : 1215
Join date : 2014-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by SD69 on 01/06/15, 11:09 am

Mandalorian wrote:I don't know what would have been wrong with another year of the super group?  If you keep the current standings, and keep the super group, looks like GSSC is the only one that would have a complaint.
and SRFC.
avatar
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1333
Points : 3190
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by purplefrog on 01/06/15, 11:12 am

SD69 wrote:
Mandalorian wrote:I don't know what would have been wrong with another year of the super group?  If you keep the current standings, and keep the super group, looks like GSSC is the only one that would have a complaint.
and SRFC.

and Spirit Red
avatar
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 118
Points : 1195
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Mandalorian on 01/06/15, 11:21 am

Spirit Red maybe more than SRFC. If Spirit Red beats East TX and ties SRFC. Then they are in and Aztecs are out.
avatar
Mandalorian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 54
Points : 1215
Join date : 2014-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by tigerdad on 01/06/15, 11:28 am

I think everyone will be surprised when the team lists come out, but don't expect divisions of 10 teams as it will look completely different next year. I am sure they will use promotion and relegation to get back to that the following season but this will be a transition year. I looks like D1 will be 12-13 teams based on mathematical probabilities. I don't know how things will work out for the bottom of D1 and the top of D3, but I would expect only two teams to be relegated completely out of the league and have to requalify.
avatar
tigerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 164
Points : 2369
Join date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by purplefrog on 01/06/15, 11:28 am

I heard SRFC was up 2-0 on Tx Spirit Red when the game was cancelled in the 2nd half. That win would have put them in 5th...
avatar
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 118
Points : 1195
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by canaryman on 01/06/15, 11:37 am

tigerdad wrote:I think everyone will be surprised when the team lists come out, but don't expect divisions of 10 teams as it will look completely different next year.  I am sure they will use promotion and relegation to get back to that the following season but this will be a transition year.  I looks like D1 will be 12-13 teams based on mathematical probabilities.  I don't know how things will work out for the bottom of D1 and the top of D3, but I would expect only two teams to be relegated completely out of the league and have to requalify.

Agree

canaryman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 114
Points : 1904
Join date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by soccerisfun on 01/06/15, 12:03 pm

OK - so let's assume 2 teams relegated.

2 open slots in qualifying (making a 7 team division, 30 teams overall), or

4 open slots in qualifying (making a 9 team division, 32 teams overall)

If the first, it makes the QT even more competitive for only 2 slots.

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 191
Points : 1762
Join date : 2013-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Mandalorian on 01/06/15, 12:14 pm

tigerdad wrote:I think everyone will be surprised when the team lists come out, but don't expect divisions of 10 teams as it will look completely different next year.  I am sure they will use promotion and relegation to get back to that the following season but this will be a transition year.  It looks like D1 will be 12-13 teams based on mathematical probabilities.  I don't know how things will work out for the bottom of D1 and the top of D3, but I would expect only two teams to be relegated completely out of the league and have to requalify.

I don't see it.  Texans Red looks to be the only team with a real shot to get into D1.  Unless the argument is that D1 needs an even number of teams (12 teams).  What would the argument be for Spirit North to make D1 (13 teams)?
avatar
Mandalorian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 54
Points : 1215
Join date : 2014-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by $occerF@n on 01/06/15, 12:21 pm

Is Redknapp going to Sting with MS or are they staying put with a new coach....so many questionot marks? And someone is going to angry with whatever they come out of the lab with...I personally feel the best way to figure it out is on the field

$occerF@n
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 70
Points : 1524
Join date : 2013-10-01
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by soccerisfun on 01/06/15, 12:22 pm

FC Dallas could "mathematically" get in on points.

Spirit North could tie Chacon, but looks like they would lose the tiebreaker on head-to-head

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 191
Points : 1762
Join date : 2013-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by WestsideSoccer on 01/06/15, 12:24 pm

Mandalorian wrote:
tigerdad wrote:I think everyone will be surprised when the team lists come out, but don't expect divisions of 10 teams as it will look completely different next year.  I am sure they will use promotion and relegation to get back to that the following season but this will be a transition year.  It looks like D1 will be 12-13 teams based on mathematical probabilities.  I don't know how things will work out for the bottom of D1 and the top of D3, but I would expect only two teams to be relegated completely out of the league and have to requalify.

I don't see it.  Texans Red looks to be the only team with a real shot to get into D1.  Unless the argument is that D1 needs an even number of teams (12 teams).  What would the argument be for Spirit North to make D1 (13 teams)?

If you MATH as the basis of remaining teams schedule then there should be a 11 team D1 group next year with only DT Red being added.

WestsideSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 289
Points : 2390
Join date : 2012-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Mandalorian on 01/06/15, 12:29 pm

WestsideSoccer wrote:
Mandalorian wrote:
tigerdad wrote:I think everyone will be surprised when the team lists come out, but don't expect divisions of 10 teams as it will look completely different next year.  I am sure they will use promotion and relegation to get back to that the following season but this will be a transition year.  It looks like D1 will be 12-13 teams based on mathematical probabilities.  I don't know how things will work out for the bottom of D1 and the top of D3, but I would expect only two teams to be relegated completely out of the league and have to requalify.

I don't see it.  Texans Red looks to be the only team with a real shot to get into D1.  Unless the argument is that D1 needs an even number of teams (12 teams).  What would the argument be for Spirit North to make D1 (13 teams)?

If you MATH as the basis of remaining teams schedule then there should be a 11 team D1 group next year with only DT Red being added.

Agreed.
avatar
Mandalorian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 54
Points : 1215
Join date : 2014-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by soccerpapa2 on 01/06/15, 12:36 pm

13 teams in Div 1??? Does that mean a 24 game season (play everyone twice)? Otherwise there would no "one true champion"!

soccerpapa2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 104
Points : 2332
Join date : 2011-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by SD69 on 01/06/15, 12:54 pm

Mandalorian wrote:
WestsideSoccer wrote:
Mandalorian wrote:
tigerdad wrote:I think everyone will be surprised when the team lists come out, but don't expect divisions of 10 teams as it will look completely different next year.  I am sure they will use promotion and relegation to get back to that the following season but this will be a transition year.  It looks like D1 will be 12-13 teams based on mathematical probabilities.  I don't know how things will work out for the bottom of D1 and the top of D3, but I would expect only two teams to be relegated completely out of the league and have to requalify.

I don't see it.  Texans Red looks to be the only team with a real shot to get into D1.  Unless the argument is that D1 needs an even number of teams (12 teams).  What would the argument be for Spirit North to make D1 (13 teams)?

If you MATH as the basis of remaining teams schedule then there should be a 11 team D1 group next year with only DT Red being added.

Agreed.

With Chacon at 10th with 27 points, that is the magic mathematical number.

Texans Red could and most likely would reach it.
FDC could mathematically reach it.
TSN could reach that number, but with Chacon's head to head tiebreaker, they would be left out. It would depend on how LHGCL would hand it.
avatar
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1333
Points : 3190
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Mandalorian on 01/06/15, 12:55 pm

We will all know in a few hours.
avatar
Mandalorian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 54
Points : 1215
Join date : 2014-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Sweet_feet99 on 01/06/15, 01:02 pm

$occerF@n wrote:Is Redknapp going to Sting with MS or are they staying put with a new coach....so many questionot marks? And someone is going to angry with whatever they come out of the lab with...I personally feel the best way to figure it out is on the field

I agree, playing it out is the best way. Some teams may look horrible on paper vs a team, yet on the field it could be a different story. And at this age any given day, any team can be beaten by an underdog.
avatar
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 385
Points : 2305
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by SD69 on 01/06/15, 01:06 pm

Agree about playing it out, but it being June and all, I'm not sure that was a viable option. LH probably should've pulled the turf field trigger when May rolled around. At least with games that had promotion/relegation on the line.
avatar
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1333
Points : 3190
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Sweet_feet99 on 01/06/15, 01:10 pm

True. Felt like season was never gonna end. Also didn't feel like it ever really started.
avatar
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 385
Points : 2305
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by HeadHaunter on 01/06/15, 01:11 pm

Sweet_feet99 wrote:
$occerF@n wrote:Is Redknapp going to Sting with MS or are they staying put with a new coach....so many questionot marks? And someone is going to angry with whatever they come out of the lab with...I personally feel the best way to figure it out is on the field

I agree, playing it out is the best way. Some teams may look horrible on paper vs a team, yet on the field it could be a different story. And at this age any given day, any team can be beaten by an underdog.
Who cares - they're 11/12, they'll get their chance to show the world they are the true champions of the U11 world, only they'll get to do it as U12s...  ya'll are cra-cra with all this "one true champion" B.S.  The kids want to play but there are bigger things to worry about right now, like preparing for the next season, resident camps, vacations, school graduations and a whole slew of other things these 11 year olds have coming up that had NOTHING to do with soccer.  So I think calling "uncle" is a fine proposal to let these kids get a few weeks of summer before the expectations go all "World Champion" on them again.  affraid
avatar
HeadHaunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 136
Points : 1209
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by SickofSilliness on 01/06/15, 01:11 pm

SD69 wrote:Agree about playing it out, but it being June and all, I'm not sure that was a viable option. LH probably should've pulled the turf field trigger when May rolled around. At least with games that had promotion/relegation on the line.

People were posting this a month ago.

Other posters suggested this as May moved forward.  

LHGCL secured turf fields for a couple nights, then yanked those at the last minute with NO explanation - and some of the games played those nights had no promotion/relegation impact.

SickofSilliness
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 523
Points : 1739
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by SD69 on 01/06/15, 01:17 pm

One thing for sure, boards haven't been this interested in where LH places everyone since last July.
avatar
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1333
Points : 3190
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Mandalorian on 02/06/15, 07:23 am

The problem isn't, where do teams deserve to be this coming year.  The problem is, once they split the divisions into 12 or 13 for D1, 10 for D2 and 10 for D3, how do you get back to a 30 team format?  The teams in D2 and D3 appear to be stuck for 2 years.  So the "penalty" they are trying to keep from handing out for the 15/16 season, is going to be given to the D2 and D3 teams in the 16/17 season.  The only 2 ways I see to split it are, 10/10/10 (lots of complaining) or 20/10 again.
avatar
Mandalorian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 54
Points : 1215
Join date : 2014-07-15

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum