Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Latest topics
2011 Liverpool(Gerrard) in Allen lookingToday at 10:48 amNorec
Good luck at Premier SupercopaToday at 10:46 amStixnstones
Solar 06G Jensen - Allen, Frisco, Plano, McKinneyToday at 10:43 amworldsoccer
Solar 07G Jensen: Allen, Frisco, Plano, McKinneyToday at 10:39 amworldsoccer
SOLAR 03B De LEON - Open Tryouts (D1 & D2 Classic League)Today at 10:28 amFootballer8##
Competitive teams playing indoor vs rec teams, why??????Today at 09:49 ammelashbrew
STING 06 | OPEN PRACTICE | DUNCANVILLE | JDL OPPORTUNITY Today at 09:33 amsting06fleming
D'Feeters-Kicks 03 Esquivel LHGCL D-3Today at 09:08 amJE5
Liverpool 05B Melia - Final SpotsToday at 08:44 amElopez
Solar 11g BarnesToday at 08:38 amSportsmanship
Solar 10g BarnesToday at 08:38 amSportsmanship
Solar 09g BarnesToday at 08:36 amSportsmanship
Sting 09 ShepardToday at 08:27 amskills
Looking for an Outside Defensive BackToday at 08:03 amSpence
Dallas Texans West 05G (Willie Molano) LHGCL D1Today at 07:29 amDallas Texans West
Liverpool 2010B Hunt looking for a keeper Today at 03:20 amLPBMGR
Solar East 09G WilliamsonYesterday at 11:13 pmbjwaustin
Looking for a Team (07) & (09) Yesterday at 11:12 pmCoachBoyle
Frisco Fusion 03G , adding a few more playersYesterday at 11:12 pmGWood
Solar East 12G WilliamsonYesterday at 11:00 pmbjwaustin
U12 DA LandscapeYesterday at 11:00 pmfactsmatter
SOLAR #13!!! Girls’ Select Academy Full KitYesterday at 10:45 pm13soccermama
08 Girls - Mans/Arl/GP/Burl/FTW - Looking for 2-3 More Yesterday at 10:40 pmNTXCelticFC-South Area
Dallas Texans 04G FTW looking to add playersYesterday at 10:24 pmSable
Liverpool 07G Callahan Looking for playersYesterday at 10:20 pmwhanez
Log in

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 12335 registered users
The newest registered user is D'feeters04SoccerMom

Our users have posted a total of 177094 messages in 23124 subjects

Mother Nature Wins

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Mandalorian on 02/06/15, 07:23 am

The problem isn't, where do teams deserve to be this coming year.  The problem is, once they split the divisions into 12 or 13 for D1, 10 for D2 and 10 for D3, how do you get back to a 30 team format?  The teams in D2 and D3 appear to be stuck for 2 years.  So the "penalty" they are trying to keep from handing out for the 15/16 season, is going to be given to the D2 and D3 teams in the 16/17 season.  The only 2 ways I see to split it are, 10/10/10 (lots of complaining) or 20/10 again.

Mandalorian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 54
Join date : 2014-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Holly Hunter on 02/06/15, 07:40 am

Mandalorian wrote:The problem isn't, where do teams deserve to be this coming year.  The problem is, once they split the divisions into 12 or 13 for D1, 10 for D2 and 10 for D3, how do you get back to a 30 team format?  The teams in D2 and D3 appear to be stuck for 2 years.  So the "penalty" they are trying to keep from handing out for the 15/16 season, is going to be given to the D2 and D3 teams in the 16/17 season.  The only 2 ways I see to split it are, 10/10/10 (lots of complaining) or 20/10 again.
You and I both know, no matter how hard they (LH Board) work to make this thing work someone will shoot holes in the process and it will never appeal to the masses.  Some will let kids be kids and worry less about how the divisions shake out while others will dwell on the divisions and who's being punished by the current state of affairs.  Either way, it will get the forums all aglow with the "coulda-woulda-shoulda" talk AFTER the decsions have been made.  In my humble opinion, there is no perfect solution to this problem, there just isn't, and to think that one solution would be better accepted than the next would be biased.  I assume that's why it's taking so long to post the bye schedule, they're likely struggling with the whole thing as well.  The backlash will happen no matter how it plays out.  Suspect

"If a problem has no solution, it may not be a problem, but a fact - not to be solved, but to be coped with over time." - Shimon Peres
avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 177
Points : 1525
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by SickofStupidity on 02/06/15, 08:56 am

Agreed.

But I think there are ample questions about how this was handled in April and May - lack of communication, use of turf fields sooner, decision to use turf suddenly pulled, why games without impact to relegation/promotion were played before games that would have an impact, etc.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 853
Points : 2357
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by dreadpirateroberts on 02/06/15, 08:59 am

I hope they show a backbone and make the proper 10/10/10 split. We all had enough games to show our worth. Maybe you didn't get to play the soft teams...whatever. Find a reasonable formula and use it. They should have a provision in the bylaws for this so there is no question how to do it. No matter what they do, 75% of you will complain though.

dreadpirateroberts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 153
Points : 2026
Join date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by SD69 on 02/06/15, 09:16 am

dreadpirateroberts wrote:I hope they show a backbone and make the proper 10/10/10 split.  We all had enough games to show our worth.  Maybe you didn't get to play the soft teams...whatever.  Find a reasonable formula and use it.  They should have a provision in the bylaws for this so there is no question how to do it.  No matter what they do, 75% of you will complain though.

I got an idea. FBR one last time baby! They used it heavily before when seeding QT, why not use it now? Where's Gophers?

It would also be funny to see Go's head explode when it made TX Spirit Grand Champion over Elite.
avatar
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1356
Points : 3489
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Mandalorian on 02/06/15, 09:20 am

Agreed Dread.  10/10/10 split is the way to go.  People are going to upset either way.  Just rip the band aid off and get it over with.
avatar
Mandalorian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 54
Points : 1488
Join date : 2014-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Guest on 02/06/15, 09:23 am

longest drum roll in effin' history....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Holly Hunter on 02/06/15, 09:27 am

Well that's what this forum is for...so all the professionals can explain why LH is wrong in their decision making.  We've all been doing this for years right?  We've all experienced this problem first hand, numerous times so we know exactly how this should be handled (that's sarcasm in case you didn't pick up on it).  This will set precedence for sure but to change the bylaws to reflect something like this would be a waste of LH dollars IMO.  If the LH bylaws are like any other bylaws, there is a process and it's never a simple process so to make a change.  But then again, what do I know, all the professional problem solvers on this forum seem to have it covered. 

DeadPirateRoberts, seems you already have an opinion so if they choose otherwise I can assume you'll be one of those 75%?  Wink

So SickofSilliness, did you send emails to LH asking questions so you could be communicated with on all the decisions that LH makes?  I know I sent emails asking questions and got simple but specific answers, if you ask, they will answer - may not be the answer you're looking for.  Too much information becomes inundating and unimportant so I'm curious what and when they should have communicated more than they did?  (playing devil's advocate here) Did you EVER think maybe LH didn't expect the season to end the way it did and that's why they didn't put preference on impact games as they figured they would get played sooner or later?  This is not a normal season and I can't imagine ANYONE could argue that.  We will all have to live with whatever decision is made and in the end, it's about the kids playing soccer - not us psycho parents worrying about the semantics of the divisions.  But I keep forgetting this forum is not about what's best for our kids - it's about what's best for us parents.
avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 177
Points : 1525
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Guest on 02/06/15, 09:29 am

...you seem tense.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Holly Hunter on 02/06/15, 09:37 am

WhySeauxSerious wrote:...you seem tense.
Nah, it's just gas...
avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 177
Points : 1525
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Guest on 02/06/15, 09:43 am

ahhhh haaaa.....make sure its that and not a solid or a liquid!! Dont wanna swim in SHART infested waters...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by SickofStupidity on 02/06/15, 09:45 am

HeadHaunter wrote:Well that's what this forum is for...so all the professionals can explain why LH is wrong in their decision making.  We've all been doing this for years right?  We've all experienced this problem first hand, numerous times so we know exactly how this should be handled (that's sarcasm in case you didn't pick up on it).  This will set precedence for sure but to change the bylaws to reflect something like this would be a waste of LH dollars IMO.  If the LH bylaws are like any other bylaws, there is a process and it's never a simple process so to make a change.  But then again, what do I know, all the professional problem solvers on this forum seem to have it covered. 

DeadPirateRoberts, seems you already have an opinion so if they choose otherwise I can assume you'll be one of those 75%?  Wink

So SickofSilliness, did you send emails to LH asking questions so you could be communicated with on all the decisions that LH makes?  I know I sent emails asking questions and got simple but specific answers, if you ask, they will answer - may not be the answer you're looking for.  Too much information becomes inundating and unimportant so I'm curious what and when they should have communicated more than they did?  (playing devil's advocate here) Did you EVER think maybe LH didn't expect the season to end the way it did and that's why they didn't put preference on impact games as they figured they would get played sooner or later?  This is not a normal season and I can't imagine ANYONE could argue that.  We will all have to live with whatever decision is made and in the end, it's about the kids playing soccer - not us psycho parents worrying about the semantics of the divisions.  But I keep forgetting this forum is not about what's best for our kids - it's about what's best for us parents.

You seem to have the answers, so I will ask you these:

(1) In early May, when games were scheduled up to the end of May (and some had not even been re-scheduled), the schedule was pushed to the limit, and any rain-out would push games into June - what contingencies were made then to get more games in or look at focusing on impact games?

(2) Why, after only a few days, did LHGCL suddenly cancel the games previously scheduled at the Frisco High turf fields (without a even simple explanation)

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 853
Points : 2357
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Holly Hunter on 02/06/15, 09:50 am

SickofSilliness wrote:
HeadHaunter wrote:Well that's what this forum is for...so all the professionals can explain why LH is wrong in their decision making.  We've all been doing this for years right?  We've all experienced this problem first hand, numerous times so we know exactly how this should be handled (that's sarcasm in case you didn't pick up on it).  This will set precedence for sure but to change the bylaws to reflect something like this would be a waste of LH dollars IMO.  If the LH bylaws are like any other bylaws, there is a process and it's never a simple process so to make a change.  But then again, what do I know, all the professional problem solvers on this forum seem to have it covered. 

DeadPirateRoberts, seems you already have an opinion so if they choose otherwise I can assume you'll be one of those 75%?  Wink

So SickofSilliness, did you send emails to LH asking questions so you could be communicated with on all the decisions that LH makes?  I know I sent emails asking questions and got simple but specific answers, if you ask, they will answer - may not be the answer you're looking for.  Too much information becomes inundating and unimportant so I'm curious what and when they should have communicated more than they did?  (playing devil's advocate here) Did you EVER think maybe LH didn't expect the season to end the way it did and that's why they didn't put preference on impact games as they figured they would get played sooner or later?  This is not a normal season and I can't imagine ANYONE could argue that.  We will all have to live with whatever decision is made and in the end, it's about the kids playing soccer - not us psycho parents worrying about the semantics of the divisions.  But I keep forgetting this forum is not about what's best for our kids - it's about what's best for us parents.

You seem to have the answers, so I will ask you these:

(1) In early May, when games were scheduled up to the end of May (and some had not even been re-scheduled), the schedule was pushed to the limit, and any rain-out would push games into June - what contingencies were made then to get more games in or look at focusing on impact games?

(2) Why, after only a few days, did LHGCL suddenly cancel the games previously scheduled at the Frisco High turf fields (without a even simple explanation)
Good questions - have you asked the RIGHT people?  I'm not the right people...  I'm simply trying to put things into a reality check...  so many seem to think there was some kind of conspiracy or something - that I doubt but I've been wrong before - or could be as simple as the "who knew" formula of reality.  All SHARTS aside Twisted Evil  people will likely be pissed no matter what.

avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 177
Points : 1525
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by dreadpirateroberts on 02/06/15, 09:59 am

You seem to have the answers, so I will ask you these:

(1) In early May, when games were scheduled up to the end of May (and some had not even been re-scheduled), the schedule was pushed to the limit, and any rain-out would push games into June - what contingencies were made then to get more games in or look at focusing on impact games?

(2) Why, after only a few days, did LHGCL suddenly cancel the games previously scheduled at the Frisco High turf fields (without a even simple explanation)

No point in this now.  It's done.  Maybe after they sort the divisions and all is settled for next year, they will take time to evaluate the errors made.  But now is not the time.  Its over.  Deal with it and move forward, not backward.


Last edited by dreadpirateroberts on 02/06/15, 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

dreadpirateroberts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 153
Points : 2026
Join date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by purplefrog on 02/06/15, 09:59 am

Who's hit the "Refresh" button on the Lake Highlands website more than 30 times?
avatar
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 130
Points : 1487
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by SickofStupidity on 02/06/15, 10:08 am

I completely agree with you.

However, people tend to get frustrated when they feel that communication is poor (or non-existent).


It's all about managing expectations -

When you schedule games and cancel them or move their times without communicating with people, they tend to get frustrated.

When you schedule games on turf fields in an attempt to conclude the season, then, just as suddenly, cancel those games without any communication or explanation, people get frustrated.


I don't think anyone is arguing they should be privy to every LH Board discussions - but some of the frustration stems from a lack of communication on basic items.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 853
Points : 2357
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Guest on 02/06/15, 10:11 am

purplefrog wrote:Who's hit the "Refresh" button on the Lake Highlands website more than 30 times?

Me.
I did.
they said 24 hours....can we like...report them to the better business bureau or something for that...lies!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Holly Hunter on 02/06/15, 10:16 am

SickofSilliness wrote:I completely agree with you.

However, people tend to get frustrated when they feel that communication is poor (or non-existent).


It's all about managing expectations -

When you schedule games and cancel them or move their times without communicating with people, they tend to get frustrated.

When you schedule games on turf fields in an attempt to conclude the season, then, just as suddenly, cancel those games without any communication or explanation, people get frustrated.


I don't think anyone is arguing they should be privy to every LH Board discussions - but some of the frustration stems from a lack of communication on basic items.
My guess (and this is merely my opinion)?  They're probably reviewing how this entire season went down and if they're like any other business entity, for profit or not, they'll be doing a "lessons learned" at the end of all this so they don't repeat the problems of the past.  I agree communication is golden but in any business, sometimes things get overlooked in the heat of the moment.
avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 177
Points : 1525
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Holly Hunter on 02/06/15, 10:17 am

WhySeauxSerious wrote:
purplefrog wrote:Who's hit the "Refresh" button on the Lake Highlands website more than 30 times?

Me.
I did.
they said 24 hours....can we like...report them to the better business bureau or something for that...lies!!
My finger is getting sore... maybe we report them for psychological distress...
avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 177
Points : 1525
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by SD69 on 02/06/15, 10:20 am

..carpal tunnel
avatar
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1356
Points : 3489
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Mandalorian on 02/06/15, 10:25 am

My refresh button seems to be broken... nothing happens
avatar
Mandalorian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 54
Points : 1488
Join date : 2014-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Full Kit Wankers Beware on 02/06/15, 10:26 am

HeadHaunter wrote:Well that's what this forum is for...so all the professionals can explain why LH is wrong in their decision making.  We've all been doing this for years right?  We've all experienced this problem first hand, numerous times so we know exactly how this should be handled (that's sarcasm in case you didn't pick up on it).  This will set precedence for sure but to change the bylaws to reflect something like this would be a waste of LH dollars IMO.  If the LH bylaws are like any other bylaws, there is a process and it's never a simple process so to make a change.  But then again, what do I know, all the professional problem solvers on this forum seem to have it covered. 

DeadPirateRoberts, seems you already have an opinion so if they choose otherwise I can assume you'll be one of those 75%?  Wink

So SickofSilliness, did you send emails to LH asking questions so you could be communicated with on all the decisions that LH makes?  I know I sent emails asking questions and got simple but specific answers, if you ask, they will answer - may not be the answer you're looking for.  Too much information becomes inundating and unimportant so I'm curious what and when they should have communicated more than they did?  (playing devil's advocate here) Did you EVER think maybe LH didn't expect the season to end the way it did and that's why they didn't put preference on impact games as they figured they would get played sooner or later?  This is not a normal season and I can't imagine ANYONE could argue that.  We will all have to live with whatever decision is made and in the end, it's about the kids playing soccer - not us psycho parents worrying about the semantics of the divisions.  But I keep forgetting this forum is not about what's best for our kids - it's about what's best for us parents.

You sir need to put on your LHGCL Kit and get back to work on the division alignments....
avatar
Full Kit Wankers Beware
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 52
Points : 1656
Join date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Holly Hunter on 02/06/15, 10:31 am

Full Kit Wankers Beware wrote:
HeadHaunter wrote:Well that's what this forum is for...so all the professionals can explain why LH is wrong in their decision making.  We've all been doing this for years right?  We've all experienced this problem first hand, numerous times so we know exactly how this should be handled (that's sarcasm in case you didn't pick up on it).  This will set precedence for sure but to change the bylaws to reflect something like this would be a waste of LH dollars IMO.  If the LH bylaws are like any other bylaws, there is a process and it's never a simple process so to make a change.  But then again, what do I know, all the professional problem solvers on this forum seem to have it covered. 

DeadPirateRoberts, seems you already have an opinion so if they choose otherwise I can assume you'll be one of those 75%?  Wink

So SickofSilliness, did you send emails to LH asking questions so you could be communicated with on all the decisions that LH makes?  I know I sent emails asking questions and got simple but specific answers, if you ask, they will answer - may not be the answer you're looking for.  Too much information becomes inundating and unimportant so I'm curious what and when they should have communicated more than they did?  (playing devil's advocate here) Did you EVER think maybe LH didn't expect the season to end the way it did and that's why they didn't put preference on impact games as they figured they would get played sooner or later?  This is not a normal season and I can't imagine ANYONE could argue that.  We will all have to live with whatever decision is made and in the end, it's about the kids playing soccer - not us psycho parents worrying about the semantics of the divisions.  But I keep forgetting this forum is not about what's best for our kids - it's about what's best for us parents.

You sir need to put on your LHGCL Kit and get back to work on the division alignments....
Hahaha...  yeah, don't put me in that bucket - I'd piss everyone off... LOL
avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 177
Points : 1525
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by Holly Hunter on 02/06/15, 10:42 am

WhySeauxSerious wrote:
purplefrog wrote:Who's hit the "Refresh" button on the Lake Highlands website more than 30 times?

Me.
I did.
they said 24 hours....can we like...report them to the better business bureau or something for that...lies!!
FYI - love the avatar and the namesake...  greatness...  one of those "why didn't I think of that" moments...
avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 177
Points : 1525
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by dreadpirateroberts on 02/06/15, 12:10 pm

posted..

dreadpirateroberts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 153
Points : 2026
Join date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Nature Wins

Post by dreadpirateroberts on 02/06/15, 12:12 pm

15-8-10. wow, what a coup for the bottom D1 teams...

dreadpirateroberts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 153
Points : 2026
Join date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum