2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Blue Star Fields
by jogobonito06 Today at 09:40 am

» Quiet Forum
by Kenny_Powers Today at 12:52 am

» TOURNAMENT: GULF COAST OPEN - Gulf Shores Area - Jan 12-15
by U90C Yesterday at 03:24 pm

» FootyID Camp | Winter 2017
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 10:17 am

» Revolution FC 08G - Lee looking for 2 or 3 players
by Revolution_Girls FC 08/12/17, 04:22 pm

» FC Dallas-West '11's/'12's
by Honeybadger 08/12/17, 10:38 am

» STING DALLAS 2011G/2012G “Officially starting to build out o
by psaldivar 08/12/17, 09:41 am

» Tetra Brazil: Winter Futsal Camp (Dec 18-22)
by jondavies3 08/12/17, 07:58 am

» Sting North 08 Shepard
by skills 08/12/17, 07:57 am

» TX Alliance SC in Alliance-Keller Area looking to add player
by TXAllianceSoccer 07/12/17, 03:07 pm

» Solar 08 Cavalle - Flower Mound
by NTXSoccaDad 07/12/17, 02:51 pm

» TX Alliance SC in Alliance-Keller Area looking to add player
by TXAllianceSoccer 07/12/17, 02:50 pm

» TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC - REGISTRATION DEADLINE APPROACHING
by NTXSoccaDad 07/12/17, 02:46 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 07/12/17, 02:22 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 07/12/17, 02:22 pm

» CAMP IS FULL - GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP
by musaisaya 07/12/17, 01:58 pm

» FBR09 Rankings December 4th, 2017
by BigErn 07/12/17, 12:21 pm

» Futsal
by MFCCoach 07/12/17, 11:28 am

» Futsal
by MFCCoach 07/12/17, 11:27 am

» Fever United 05 Phiri NPL Open Session Sunday December 17th
by ChessNotCheckers 07/12/17, 12:07 am

» STING EAST FREE 1HR SKILLS SESSIONS STARTING DECEMBER 15th
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:28 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:23 pm

by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:22 pm

by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:21 pm

by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:15 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11458 registered users
The newest registered user is Boom2017

Our users have posted a total of 166035 messages in 20897 subjects

03 Healthier with 3 Divisions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

03 Healthier with 3 Divisions

Post by NoFanOfDrama on 12/06/15, 10:28 am

The more I think about this 2 division 03 group, the more I don't like it.

D1 is supposed to be for the best of the best. Clearly there were a couple of teams that were outclassed and the system was going to relegate them down with 2 potential contenders moving up.

When you look at all sports, teams in a conference play each other 2x per year. With the teams as evenly matched as they were in D1 (save the bottom two and the top team), playing 2x per year just makes the most sense.

Now we have fewer games and there are teams in D1 which simply don't belong there, and teams in D2 that don't belong their either. Period. End of story.

Some will say "There was no other way because of the incomplete season." Bull crap. It would have been very easy to use goal differential to weight the games played and determine a value per game. Then you weight the total number of games played against the total possible, and bingo, you have your formula for determining D1, D2, D3.

There are three clear levels of play in this league - LHGCL isn't doing ANYONE any favors by collapsing it down while there are still this many teams competing.

LHGCL got lazy - that's all there is to it. Perhaps there was political pressure to give clubs the ability to recruit by saying "LHGCL D1 Bye." Certainly, there are teams in D1 that should not be able to make that claim.

After this upcoming debacle of a season, LHGCL will realize how ridiculous this was and will go back to 3 divisions. I just wish they had the guts to admit collapsing to 2 divisions is a HUGE mistake and correct it before the next kickoff.

NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 Healthier with 3 Divisions

Post by ArnoldZiffel on 12/06/15, 01:20 pm

I read the subject line & thought you would talk about the health of the players.
When there's a disparity between competing teams, frustration fouls occur, injuries happen due to physical over matching. The refs are going to have their hands full with this mess.
Maybe half the games will be even contests. The other half ... why bother?
Seeing Keegan get beat down last year was bad. This will be worse.
ArnoldZiffel
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama on 12/06/15, 01:36 pm

The reasons are numerous, and what you brought up are all very good points.

We need to all ask our coaches/organizations to appeal to LHGCL to change their structure. Otherwise you will have lower caliber players cheap shotting when they are getting their clocks cleaned.
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 12/06/15, 01:45 pm

OK, NFOD, I've got no dog in this fight, but I'll bite. You said "clearly a couple of teams that were outclassed" and "Certainly, there are teams in D1 that should not be able to make that claim".

Ok, we all agree on Keegan - who else was outclassed? - DT Scott? Fever? Hilton? I think each would argue that they played well in D1 a majority of the time and should have had a legitimate shot at staying in the division.

Long story short, the best will rise to the top, the rest will settle where they should by the time the 3 division system is re-implemented. I personally think it will make the season more interesting and also give quality players opportunities to stay with their current team and still get to play at a higher level.
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama on 12/06/15, 01:56 pm

herradura wrote:OK, NFOD, I've got no dog in this fight, but I'll bite. You said "clearly a couple of teams that were outclassed" and "Certainly, there are teams in D1 that should not be able to make that claim".

Ok, we all agree on Keegan - who else was outclassed? - DT Scott? Fever? Hilton? I think each would argue that they played well in D1 a majority of the time and should have had a legitimate shot at staying in D1.

Long story short, the best will rise to the top, the rest will settle where they should by the time the 3 division system is re-implemented. I personally think it will make the season more interesting and also give players opportunities to stay with their current team and still get to play at a higher level.

So based on this, everyone should also get a trophy. How about ice cream socials after every game? Why not just make one big group and draw straws randomly.

The privilege of playing at this level is exactly that, a privilege. These teams work hard to get here, why diminish that accomplishment?

Conversely, it's bad enough to get your butt handed to you in a tournament by one of these D1 teams, to have to play them in the regular season is just adding to the misery. You can wave the "it's good for them to play harder teams" flag all you want, but I can guarantee you that Keegan didn't like getting trounced every game and that beating did very little to develope them.

You even said yourself, when this settles back to a 3 team tier, it will be better. THAT is my point! Why do we have to go through this lunacy?
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 on 12/06/15, 02:04 pm

Outside of Keegan, who will have a difficult time sustaining a season against the other D1 teams?

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca on 12/06/15, 02:22 pm

Actually, two woud have gone down and only one would have moved up into a 9 team D1 division.

I would like to see us play the 14 games in the fall and then split the division with the last remaining games taking place in a 3 division format in the Spring. That would be a maximum of 24 games for Div 2 & 3; 23 for D-1. More games, yes, but that would make up for the lost games this past season. Format only sucks if you are one of the "would have been" D1 teams that is currently losing a high volume of players to other teams. Couple of Titanics out there shuffling the chairs on a sinking ship.

Last edited by Barca on 12/06/15, 02:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC on 12/06/15, 02:39 pm

We have written to Lake Highlands to complain bitterly about what they have done. To just say top 5 up to D1 and bottom 5 down to D3 (we can dress it up but its relegation regardless of LH saying D2)is so wrong. Our Triumph team and the Dfeeters were 2 of the 3 teams who played the least amount. We had 2 of the bottom 3 teams to play. Of course we could have lost them but we also could have won them. We earnt the right to play in D2 but now LH have decided to put us in D3 for playing less games (still had 5 to play) As a previous poster put...they took the easy way out. In the the 03's I'm sorry but it was nearly all done and dusted and I don't think anyone would complain if they promoted and relegated teams when the league canceled the rest of the season
Questions still to be answered
We lost 5 games so cheaper league fees?
We are playing 4 less this year so cheaper league fees?
5 + 4 = 9 games nearly a season they owe us, nearly a season so cheaper league fees?
Field maintenance fee, surely they won't ask for this! What maintenance did they do, we didn't use them!
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Koba on 12/06/15, 02:42 pm

NFOD, I'd venture to say that FWFC Black, LP Rush, Sting Flanny will give your team all they can handle.
Koba
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC on 12/06/15, 02:46 pm

Then why aren't we in D1. We just beat FWFC Black?
See that's why it's so wrong!
Of course we didn't earn the right to be in D1 but we also didn't earn the right to be in D3 either
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama on 12/06/15, 02:51 pm

Koba wrote:NFOD, I'd venture to say that FWFC Black, LP Rush, Sting Flanny will give your team all they can handle.

LOL...you are completely off your rocker.
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BurnOnYou on 13/06/15, 02:26 pm

Doesn't have to be goal differential.
Not my work, but elegant in its simplicity. In D1
154 total games when wins and losses for each team.  Divide by 10 and you get 15.4 games.  Take points earned by each team and divide that by number of games that team played and you get a points per game number for each team.  Multiply that points per game for each team by 15.4 and you get a points per team when extrapolated against the 15.4 games.
In D1 when this was done it showed a minimal difference in rankings.  By the way Herradura,  fever won one game in the spring against Keagan and Texans had a very steep hill to climb, needing 6 points with 4 games and having to play most of the class of the division in their final games.
LHGCL wimped out and took the path of least resistance and intestinal fortitude.  Don't think they put any real thought in how to address this issue...

BurnOnYou
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer on 15/06/15, 11:03 am

Personally I would have just maxed out point for all of the remaining games. So DI would end like this:

1. Gold
2. Sting G
3. LP Elite/FCD
4. FCD Pre
5. Cosmos
6. DT South
7. Sting H
8. DT Scott
9. Fever
10. LP Keegan

Fever and Scott tie with points but they played H2H earlier in the year so Scott gets to stay and Fever and Keegan drop.

In DII -

1. FWFC
2. LP Rush
3. Sting F
4. FCD Red
5. Andro
6. DFeet
7. Triumph
8. Texans
9. LP Barnes
10. FCD Blue

FWFC moves up, LP Barnes and FCD Blue move down.

DII

1. Sting Sanchez
2. Odyssey
3. Sparta
4. Mustang
5. Mutiny
6. Sting Skaife
7. Solar
8. Solar Royal
9. TX Lightning
10. Warriors

Sting Sanchez to DII, Odyssey, Sparta, Mustangs, and Mutiny all stay DIII. Sting Skaife, Solar, Solar, TX Lightning and Warriors must re-qualify if they want to.

Given the jacked up number of games played this seems like a pretty fair option. It really didn't change much, a few teams are ranked higher than when they finished but I after the way the schedules played out I hope no one is going around bragging about where they finished in leagues where there were a 3 to 5 games played difference. It is NTX soccer so I'm sure there's some folks out there saying that stuff though. This solution literally took me 15 minutes while waiting on hold for customer service to pick up the phone.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 15/06/15, 11:50 am

GrandTX for LHCL President 2016!
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by blastit on 15/06/15, 01:07 pm

I completely agree with those 3 divisions!

blastit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum