Latest topics
» 07' ODP
by TxFutbal Today at 03:28 pm

» ODP and DA to merge?
by PLAY2FEET!! Today at 03:11 pm

» Mansfield Revolution SC 02G Haub is looking for 2 players
by mcmoyer Today at 01:40 pm

» LH Week 4
by soccertard Today at 01:21 pm

» Hi-Pod Pro For Sale
by RightWingDad Today at 12:50 pm

» FC Dallas 09G West Willett
by terps37 Today at 10:55 am

» Liverpool 09 girls FLYNN
by LP_Elite Today at 10:02 am

» ODP training locations?
by Sillyparentsitsjustsoccer Today at 08:49 am

» Lake Highlands - Week 4 - Games of the week
by greaterisHe Today at 08:43 am

» Game of the Week:
by SickofSilliness Today at 07:13 am

» 09 Girls Teams - THE ROCK (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Yesterday at 01:56 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 20/09/17, 09:15 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 20/09/17, 09:14 pm

» Dallas International Girls Cup 2018 - Play Against Top Teams
by MikeStebbins 20/09/17, 05:01 pm

» Dallas International Girls Cup 2018 - Play Against Top Teams
by MikeStebbins 20/09/17, 05:00 pm

» FC Frisco Storm 04G - 1 to 2 Players
by FriscoStorm04G 20/09/17, 03:59 pm

» LP Elite looking for players
by LP_Elite 20/09/17, 02:33 pm

» LP Elite looking for players
by LP_Elite 20/09/17, 02:32 pm

» Coming soon!
by LP_Elite 20/09/17, 02:19 pm

» Twisted Parenting
by TxFutbal 20/09/17, 01:30 pm

» Solar 11G Evans - Looking for players
by alw8585 20/09/17, 12:43 pm

» Lake Highlands - Week 3
by BigErn 20/09/17, 12:43 pm

» FBR09 Rankings September 18th, 2017
by ProDallas 20/09/17, 10:16 am

» Sting Weigelt 10/11 Looking for players
by sting08 20/09/17, 09:47 am

» Sting Academy Kit #14 - YS ($75 obo)
by soccer&lotsmoresoccer 20/09/17, 08:54 am

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11346 registered users
The newest registered user is natdogg11

Our users have posted a total of 162900 messages in 20458 subjects

Who will win Flamefest?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by VultureVic on 19/06/15, 08:15 pm

db10 wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:What are D' Feeters Black doing in this tournament? Trying to beef up their GotSoccer points.
Must of felt like playing and have you looked at Kyle Owen? I think the bigger question is how did the coach from the #151 team in Cali convince their parents to fly to Dallas to play in that tournament. Did they simply yearn for hot and humid weather?


Kyle Owen has 2 d-1 teams in it. Trophy hunter.

VultureVic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 161
Join date : 2015-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by ElClassico on 19/06/15, 08:21 pm

VultureVic wrote:
ElClassico wrote:
VultureVic wrote:
SD69 wrote:Bracket A looks the toughest. Feet, FC Premier, or FCD Central could all make a strong run at getting out of bracket.

Bracket B has the #6 and #11 team in ntx in it.  Could be a tight race.
huh? 'B' has 3 PPL teams in it other than D'Feet. 'A' may be close depending how motivated D'Feet White are and the number of changes within all the teams. This is the bracket with probably the most roster changes from last year, how they gel this early in the season will probably lead to the winner of the bracket. 'C' is pointing to Sting West and unless they lost players they should have no problem advancing.

I think it looks like this in the playoffs...

D'Feet White
D'Feet Black
Sting West
Sting Harr (Wildcard)

D'Feet Black over Sting West 4-0 (I think West sticks around in the game for a while though)
D'Feet White over Sting Harr 3-1

D'Feet Black over White 3-0



I'm going off got soccer rankings...what are you basing your crazy a$$ picks off of. B looks to be the strongest bracket. #6 vs #11 should be a good show.

Bless your heart If you think FCD White who finished 4th in PPL will give a D1 team who finished the season 15-3-1 a "good show" ...but hey you keep sticking with those rankings. Heck maybe D'Feet are missing 3/4 of their team you never know.
avatar
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 359
Points : 1605
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by Looking04 on 19/06/15, 08:30 pm

Bracket A = #9, #12, and #16!

Looking04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 143
Points : 1146
Join date : 2015-01-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by VultureVic on 19/06/15, 08:44 pm

pale
ElClassico wrote:
VultureVic wrote:
ElClassico wrote:
VultureVic wrote:
SD69 wrote:Bracket A looks the toughest. Feet, FC Premier, or FCD Central could all make a strong run at getting out of bracket.

Bracket B has the #6 and #11 team in ntx in it.  Could be a tight race.
huh? 'B' has 3 PPL teams in it other than D'Feet. 'A' may be close depending how motivated D'Feet White are and the number of changes within all the teams. This is the bracket with probably the most roster changes from last year, how they gel this early in the season will probably lead to the winner of the bracket. 'C' is pointing to Sting West and unless they lost players they should have no problem advancing.

I think it looks like this in the playoffs...

D'Feet White
D'Feet Black
Sting West
Sting Harr (Wildcard)

D'Feet Black over Sting West 4-0 (I think West sticks around in the game for a while though)
D'Feet White over Sting Harr 3-1

D'Feet Black over White 3-0



I'm going off got soccer rankings...what are you basing your crazy a$$ picks off of. B looks to be the strongest bracket. #6 vs #11 should be a good show.

Bless your heart If you think FCD White who finished 4th in PPL will give a D1 team who finished the season 15-3-1 a "good show" ...but hey you keep sticking with those rankings. Heck maybe D'Feet are missing 3/4 of their team you never know.



All I know is you have #6 playing #11 tomorrow. Both teams better come ready to play. Feet black could have played lower ranked teams in Kyle Owen but chose tougher competition.

VultureVic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 161
Points : 1050
Join date : 2015-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by Sweet_feet99 on 19/06/15, 08:53 pm

I understand the sarcasm and humor, maybe that's why sting chacon decided to play up in Kyle Owen.
avatar
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 385
Points : 2308
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by db10 on 19/06/15, 10:39 pm

Sweet_feet99 wrote:I understand the sarcasm and humor, maybe that's why sting chacon decided to play up in Kyle Owen.
I'd say logistics had more to do with the decision than anything else.

__________________________________________________
"Behind every kick of the ball there has to be a thought" - Dennis Bergkamp
avatar
db10
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 354
Points : 2106
Join date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by VultureVic on 19/06/15, 10:42 pm

db10 wrote:
Sweet_feet99 wrote:I understand the sarcasm and humor, maybe that's why sting chacon decided to play up in Kyle Owen.
I'd say logistics had more to do with the decision than anything else.


Collin county is a big place. Lol.

VultureVic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 161
Points : 1050
Join date : 2015-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by Brman on 20/06/15, 12:52 am

Speaking of chacon. Heard he picked up a stud from sting cuevas.

Brman
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 1
Points : 826
Join date : 2015-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by SwitchDaField on 20/06/15, 06:52 am

Brman wrote:Speaking of chacon. Heard he picked up a stud from sting cuevas.

You have to love these first time post! Mom or Pop trying to hype their kid up.

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 291
Points : 2355
Join date : 2012-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by Cleansheets on 20/06/15, 08:07 am

Brman wrote:Speaking of chacon. Heard he picked up a stud from sting cuevas.
He's going to need more than one. I heard he lost up to six players.

__________________________________________________
Life is like playing goalkeeper, blink and the most important thing is past you.
avatar
Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1041
Points : 2833
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : ...is everything

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by Sweet_feet99 on 20/06/15, 08:14 am

Cleansheets wrote:
Brman wrote:Speaking of chacon. Heard he picked up a stud from sting cuevas.
He's going to need more than one. I heard he lost up to six players.

cheers
avatar
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 385
Points : 2308
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by haymaker on 20/06/15, 08:25 am

Don't know about first time post on chacon player thats my dd. sting pool training. Hilton takes over Gutierrez. Gutierrez takes over Hilton. Cuevas no originals now = hp

haymaker
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 8
Points : 1274
Join date : 2014-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by HeadHaunter on 20/06/15, 11:34 am

Just for sanity sake - why are the big clubs already doing the "pool" practices?  Isn't that an ECNL thing?  Are they trying to leverage their teams for this new ECNL Jr. thing?  Why do it?  Why piss parents and coaches off by taking one team and handing it to another coach?  Why the merry-go-round?  Do they think they are preparing these kids for ECNL when it matters?  ECNL Jr. is just an offshoot or money grab from LH so what's the big deal?  They'll just reshuffle when it's time for the big show - i.e. ECNL Sr.  A truly relevant and logical explanation would be great cause I've seen this with the likes of Dallas Texans, FC Dallas and Sting.  I'm sure if Solar had the teams they would be doing it too as well as D'Feeters - they just don't have a pool of 04 teams to choose from.
avatar
HeadHaunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 136
Points : 1212
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by db10 on 20/06/15, 01:16 pm

HeadHaunter wrote:Just for sanity sake - why are the big clubs already doing the "pool" practices?  Isn't that an ECNL thing?  Are they trying to leverage their teams for this new ECNL Jr. thing?  Why do it?  Why piss parents and coaches off by taking one team and handing it to another coach?  Why the merry-go-round?  Do they think they are preparing these kids for ECNL when it matters?  ECNL Jr. is just an offshoot or money grab from LH so what's the big deal?  They'll just reshuffle when it's time for the big show - i.e. ECNL Sr.  A truly relevant and logical explanation would be great cause I've seen this with the likes of Dallas Texans, FC Dallas and Sting.  I'm sure if Solar had the teams they would be doing it too as well as D'Feeters - they just don't have a pool of 04 teams to choose from.

Money mostly. But maybe there's a girl on a ""lower team" last year that has improved greatly, does she not deserve a shot at the A team? Or at least that is what the theory should be. More likely is it give the coaches of the top teams a chance to grab the talent without having to worry about pesky things like development.

__________________________________________________
"Behind every kick of the ball there has to be a thought" - Dennis Bergkamp
avatar
db10
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 354
Points : 2106
Join date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by jogobonito06 on 20/06/15, 02:04 pm

I don't know the whys behind it for any specific club around here, however pool-training vs. team-centric training is a standard at the developmental ages in all the top academies in the world.
avatar
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 267
Points : 1334
Join date : 2014-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by Zizou on 20/06/15, 03:21 pm

db10 wrote:
HeadHaunter wrote:Just for sanity sake - why are the big clubs already doing the "pool" practices?  Isn't that an ECNL thing?  Are they trying to leverage their teams for this new ECNL Jr. thing?  Why do it?  Why piss parents and coaches off by taking one team and handing it to another coach?  Why the merry-go-round?  Do they think they are preparing these kids for ECNL when it matters?  ECNL Jr. is just an offshoot or money grab from LH so what's the big deal?  They'll just reshuffle when it's time for the big show - i.e. ECNL Sr.  A truly relevant and logical explanation would be great cause I've seen this with the likes of Dallas Texans, FC Dallas and Sting.  I'm sure if Solar had the teams they would be doing it too as well as D'Feeters - they just don't have a pool of 04 teams to choose from.

Money mostly. But maybe there's a girl on a ""lower team" last year that has improved greatly, does she not deserve a shot at the A team? Or at least that is what the theory should be. More likely is it give the coaches of the top teams a chance to grab the talent without having to worry about pesky things like development.

Do you think the ability for all girls within a age group to be able to train with the top coaches and players is not development? Yes, academy pool training is where all the big clubs are moving towards to develope their players. Within our club 01, 00, and 99 are often working together with 2-3 coaches running the session once a week. The other practice is done with your individual team mates and coach.

Zizou
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1762
Points : 3244
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by VultureVic on 20/06/15, 07:30 pm

Good thing feet didn't play Kyle Owen.

VultureVic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 161
Points : 1050
Join date : 2015-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by HeadHaunter on 20/06/15, 10:48 pm

Zizou wrote:
db10 wrote:
HeadHaunter wrote:Just for sanity sake - why are the big clubs already doing the "pool" practices?  Isn't that an ECNL thing?  Are they trying to leverage their teams for this new ECNL Jr. thing?  Why do it?  Why piss parents and coaches off by taking one team and handing it to another coach?  Why the merry-go-round?  Do they think they are preparing these kids for ECNL when it matters?  ECNL Jr. is just an offshoot or money grab from LH so what's the big deal?  They'll just reshuffle when it's time for the big show - i.e. ECNL Sr.  A truly relevant and logical explanation would be great cause I've seen this with the likes of Dallas Texans, FC Dallas and Sting.  I'm sure if Solar had the teams they would be doing it too as well as D'Feeters - they just don't have a pool of 04 teams to choose from.

Money mostly. But maybe there's a girl on a ""lower team" last year that has improved greatly, does she not deserve a shot at the A team? Or at least that is what the theory should be. More likely is it give the coaches of the top teams a chance to grab the talent without having to worry about pesky things like development.

Do you think the ability for all girls within a age group to be able to train with the top coaches and players is not development? Yes, academy pool training is where all the big clubs are moving towards to develope their players. Within our club 01, 00, and 99 are often working together with 2-3 coaches running the session once a week. The other practice is done with your individual team mates and coach.
Those age groups ARE ECNL tho correct?  Why do that BEFORE ECNL?  If a player has improved that much, wouldn't the coach say something and maybe the parent look to move up and do the shopping?  Pool practices and the coaching rotisserie at U11-U13 seems a bit of a BS move to me but that's why I'm asking...
avatar
HeadHaunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 136
Points : 1212
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by SD69 on 21/06/15, 03:59 am

Why would a coach do that if they were trying to make their team a top team?
avatar
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1333
Points : 3193
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by Zizou on 21/06/15, 07:34 am

HeadHaunter wrote:
Zizou wrote:
db10 wrote:
HeadHaunter wrote:Just for sanity sake - why are the big clubs already doing the "pool" practices?  Isn't that an ECNL thing?  Are they trying to leverage their teams for this new ECNL Jr. thing?  Why do it?  Why piss parents and coaches off by taking one team and handing it to another coach?  Why the merry-go-round?  Do they think they are preparing these kids for ECNL when it matters?  ECNL Jr. is just an offshoot or money grab from LH so what's the big deal?  They'll just reshuffle when it's time for the big show - i.e. ECNL Sr.  A truly relevant and logical explanation would be great cause I've seen this with the likes of Dallas Texans, FC Dallas and Sting.  I'm sure if Solar had the teams they would be doing it too as well as D'Feeters - they just don't have a pool of 04 teams to choose from.

Money mostly. But maybe there's a girl on a ""lower team" last year that has improved greatly, does she not deserve a shot at the A team? Or at least that is what the theory should be. More likely is it give the coaches of the top teams a chance to grab the talent without having to worry about pesky things like development.

Do you think the ability for all girls within a age group to be able to train with the top coaches and players is not development? Yes, academy pool training is where all the big clubs are moving towards to develope their players. Within our club 01, 00, and 99 are often working together with 2-3 coaches running the session once a week. The other practice is done with your individual team mates and coach.
Those age groups ARE ECNL tho correct?  Why do that BEFORE ECNL?  If a player has improved that much, wouldn't the coach say something and maybe the parent look to move up and do the shopping?  Pool practices and the coaching rotisserie at U11-U13 seems a bit of a BS move to me but that's why I'm asking...

How can you say BS! My DD enjoys interacting with other coaches and players within the club. Pool training sessions are sharp, intense, and most of all developing. Plus I have stated this before, eventually ECNL will begin as early as U-11 with pool training and league play. Who cares about whether it's ECNL, LHGCL, PPL, it's working with players to develop. Plus those are just leagues where your player is in league or what coach to team they play for should not stop them from working with the best a club has to offer.


Last edited by Zizou on 21/06/15, 07:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Zizou
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1762
Points : 3244
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by Zizou on 21/06/15, 07:39 am

SD69 wrote:Why would a coach do that if they were trying to make their team a top team?

Why would he not, a developed pool of players to choose from 40+ .

Zizou
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1762
Points : 3244
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by Barca on 21/06/15, 08:32 am

cheers
My dd loves working with the various coaches in the pool play practice settings. I would prefer that she have that opportunity to work with better players who will push her and make her work for her spot. Nothing wrong with increased competition. There are some dd's in PPL leagues that could easily play in D1 and even in ECNL but for various reasons, they are where they are. Some of the reasons that I am aware of is that some parents don't even know what ECNL is. With pooled practices, those dds  are given a chance to stand out. Plus, they get to see where they line up with the other dd's. I'm in total favor of a baseball type setting with majors, minors, juniors, etc... and players can move up and down at will based on performance. Why not? If I'm paying 3000/year then I want the best opportunity for my dd. JMO
avatar
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 365
Points : 2038
Join date : 2013-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by Zizou on 21/06/15, 10:57 am

Coaches that develope these top teams rely on 3-4 stud players or possibly even one player in the U-11-U13 age groups. Academy pool training has the influence to develope 15-20 or more solid players. People ask why NTX seems to be under represented at the next level, well these academy's are training and developing more than just the 3-4 players it takes to be nationally ranked at U-11

Zizou
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1762
Points : 3244
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by upper95 on 21/06/15, 11:18 am

Back on topic. remaining games cancelled.

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 192
Points : 3193
Join date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by Zizou on 21/06/15, 11:32 am

That sucks!

Zizou
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1762
Points : 3244
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by VultureVic on 21/06/15, 12:49 pm

Zizou wrote:That sucks!


Pure laziness. Games could play right now.

VultureVic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 161
Points : 1050
Join date : 2015-04-30

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum