North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

QT schedule posted  - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

QT schedule posted

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

QT schedule posted  - Page 3 Empty Re: QT schedule posted

Post by sportsnerd 26/07/15, 08:34 pm

Cyclones have to win. A 3-3 tie only gets them 14 points and they lose first tiebreaker, goal differential. Lightning is +2 and cyclones would be even. Even if galaxy wins it has to be max points 3-0 win. Lightning has them on GD. Someone needs 15 to get in past lightning as they have better tiebreaker.

sportsnerd
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 00scrmom 26/07/15, 09:27 pm

Cyclones 1 Galaxy 1

Solar, NTFC and Lightning congrats on making LH!
00scrmom
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/07/15, 09:30 pm

Yep, congrats

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 26/07/15, 10:08 pm

Hard earned by all three. Good work ladies. I personally think it speaks volumes when EVERY team has a chance to make it going in to the last games. The three that made it in had to earn it. I wish all the tea best of luck this year.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 26/07/15, 10:11 pm

Well, it went to a 1 to 1 tie between the Cyclones and Galaxy leaving Lightning in third place overall. Good play by all. Welcome back to Lake Highlands Lightning and welcome to LH Solar Silver and NTFC.
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vikarius_lee 26/07/15, 10:25 pm

1-1 tie
Vikarius_lee
Vikarius_lee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfan00G 26/07/15, 10:45 pm

Congrats Solar Silver! cheers

soccerfan00G
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebird 27/07/15, 06:24 am

Congrats to all!

Woohoo Texas Lightning

Firebird
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach2200 27/07/15, 08:22 am

After watching the teams play, LHCL did not get this right. IMO, Solar, Cyclones, and Galaxy were the three best teams. Not fair that lightning got in because Solar laid down in their last game ( they knew they we already in.) Again IMO. NTFC would not match up well at all in the Solar division. Would have been good for LHCL to have gotten the best teams. NTFC and Lightning are in for very log seasons. I really don't see them winning many games, if any. Just saying

Coach2200
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 27/07/15, 08:36 am

Coach2200 wrote:After watching the teams play, LHCL did not get this right. IMO, Solar, Cyclones, and Galaxy were the three best teams. Not fair that lightning got in because Solar laid down in their last game ( they knew they we already in.)  Again IMO. NTFC would not match up well at all in the Solar division. Would have been good for LHCL to have gotten the best teams. NTFC and Lightning are in for very log seasons. I really don't see them winning many games, if any. Just saying

I have no dog in fight so not affected by this weekend's results. But to reference a team "laid down" is a strong accusation against a coach and team. My understanding is they found out they were thru right before kick. If that is true, it would be natural to have a letdown. On the flip side, Lightning had to give it their all to have a shot. That is a combination that can provide the result that transpired. You very well may end up being accurate with regards to how well these teams will do (I think they will compete very well personally). And, if I were a Cyclones or Galaxy supporter I could understand where you are coming from. But, they all played their three games and it is what it is. There always seems to be surprises and good/deserving teams are left out. Been on that side before and it is not a good feeling. Good luck to all the teams regardless of what league you land in.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach2200 27/07/15, 08:46 am

Take it how every you want. I didn't have a dog in the hunt either. My daughters team had a bye. I simply stated that the league would have benefited with a more competitive produce had they seeded this correctly. It is what it is. I'm only saying that NTFC and Lighting might be happy now, but miserable the rest of the season.

Coach2200
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 27/07/15, 09:07 am

Coach22, if you have no dog in the, hunt then why the animosity toward two teams that made it in based on their efforts? NTFC did extremely well in their bracket and Lightening hung in and didn't give up. Although both Galaxy and the Cyclones are good teams, they weren't able to bring it to the table. As to the division games, we will all have to wait and see. However, I, for one, am not going to throw mud at any team before the season starts. At this point, the three newbies have just as much chance as the rest. Why take the joy away from two teams who worked hard in the extreme heat to move on?

Congrats again to Solar, NTFC, and Lightning, you ALL worked hard.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol4life 27/07/15, 09:18 am

Coach2200 wrote:Take it how every you want.  I didn't have a dog in the hunt either. My daughters team had a bye.  I simply stated that the league would have benefited with a more competitive produce had they seeded this correctly. It is what it is. I'm only saying that NTFC and Lighting might be happy now, but miserable the rest of the season.

Coach - Your evaluation may be based on minimal information regarding how NTFC would shake out in the other bracket, but a little history would help. NTFC did not get to play Solar Silver in the spring due to the weather, but in October 2014 it was NTFC 5 to SS 1. Lightning plays tough, but has never beaten NTFC in any recent history (that would have been a valuable game to play at the Kyle Owen a month ago but for whatever reason Lightning didn't show).
Not enough history with the other teams to know either way, so don't get too tired out jumping to conclusions. The season will play out soon enough.
Futbol4life
Futbol4life
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach2200 27/07/15, 09:20 am

Omg, no animosity!! Only stating opinion. I watched the games, and there was a CLEAR difference in the level of soccer between the teams. AGAIN OPINION ONLY, I did not see NTFC play nearly the precision of either Galaxy, Cyclones or Solar. In addition, I watched teamed like Liverpool, Sting Bruno, and Flash Struggle through LHGL last year. I see NTFC and Lightning potentially being in the same boat. I could be wrong, and hope they do play compeditively. I don't see that being the case. IN MY OPIONION.

Coach2200
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 2_cents_worth 27/07/15, 10:02 am

Sounds like a good strategy on Solar's part. They had the bracket locked up, so play your subs most of the game to avoid injuries to your starters, and produce an outcome that eliminates 3 teams, and brings a less competitive team into LH guaranteeing at least one win in the regular season.
2_cents_worth
2_cents_worth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/07/15, 10:32 am

Couple things concerning Silver

1. I know people associated with this team

2. We scrimmaged them 2 weeks ago, they can play.

3. There was no plan to dump the last game. The girls just mailed it in and that's what happens when you mail it in.

4. Coach was definitely not happy that they mailed it in.

Back to top Go down

Post by 00scrmom 27/07/15, 10:42 am

Futbol4life wrote:
Coach2200 wrote:Take it how every you want.  I didn't have a dog in the hunt either. My daughters team had a bye.  I simply stated that the league would have benefited with a more competitive produce had they seeded this correctly. It is what it is. I'm only saying that NTFC and Lighting might be happy now, but miserable the rest of the season.

Coach - Your evaluation may be based on minimal information regarding how NTFC would shake out in the other bracket, but a little history would help. NTFC did not get to play Solar Silver in the spring due to the weather, but in October 2014 it was NTFC 5 to SS 1. Lightning plays tough, but has never beaten NTFC in any recent history (that would have been a valuable game to play at the Kyle Owen a month ago but for whatever reason Lightning didn't show).
Not enough history with the other teams to know either way, so don't get too tired out jumping to conclusions. The season will play out soon enough.

Hi Futbol. To answer the Kyle Owen question. Lightning informed the TD well before schedules came out that they had to withdraw from the tournament. They hadn't even paid for the tournament either. The TD was informed that they didn't have a goalie and didn't want to play without one. For whatever reason, the TD still added them to the list, which makes no sense because they got no money out of them. It would have been good to see them play NTFC but just didn't work out. Will see how they match up in league play. Agree, NTFC is a tough opponent. They will fair well in LH. Best of luck to them!
00scrmom
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 27/07/15, 10:48 am

OLJW, I know the team and coach as well and I know that the coach would never have his team lay down and let the other team win. That isn't his style. Even great teams can have bad days. I am also quite certain that the Lightning coach wouldn't take kindly to the thought that their efforts really didn't matter.

Coach,

Sting Bruno didn't go through QT, they were given a bye spot and moved into LH. Flash was in D3 already and yes they struggled but were saved by the bell so to speak at the last moment by LH and avoided going through QT. As to Liverpool, you are right, they struggled and in the end fell apart (as did Sting Bruno).

None of us know how these three teams will do in the combined D2 group this year. Since the teams will only play each other once this coming season, all teams will have to be on their toes. There are already teams in D2 who will be ready to take on the new ones as well as those with a bye. When LH switches back to three divisions after this season, it will be interesting to see which teams fall down and which ones float up.

All I can say is that I hope we get all games played this next season and all teams stay relatively healthy. cheers
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by 2028 27/07/15, 10:53 am

textigerfan wrote:
Coach2200 wrote:After watching the teams play, LHCL did not get this right. IMO, Solar, Cyclones, and Galaxy were the three best teams. Not fair that lightning got in because Solar laid down in their last game ( they knew they we already in.)  Again IMO. NTFC would not match up well at all in the Solar division. Would have been good for LHCL to have gotten the best teams. NTFC and Lightning are in for very log seasons. I really don't see them winning many games, if any. Just saying

I have no dog in fight so not affected by this weekend's results.  But to reference a team "laid down" is a strong accusation against a coach and team.  My understanding is they found out they were thru right before kick.  If that is true, it would be natural to have a letdown.  On the flip side, Lightning had to give it their all to have a shot.  That is a combination that can provide the result that transpired.  You very well may end up being accurate with regards to how well these teams will do (I think they will compete very well personally).  And, if I were a Cyclones or Galaxy supporter I could understand where you are coming from.  But, they all played their three games and it is what it is.  There always seems to be surprises and good/deserving teams are left out.  Been on that side before and it is not a good feeling.  Good luck to all the teams regardless of what league you land in.    

Tiger said it best! "But, they all played their three games and it is what it is."
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 00scrmom 27/07/15, 10:57 am

Amen InaB! Health and good weather should be in all our soccer prayers!

There are a lot of roster changes this year. Many teams disbanded and lots of movement of players, mixed in with the changed format.  100% agree that all teams will need to be on their toes.  It's a new year with a different dynamic.

Last edited by 00scrmom on 27/07/15, 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed wording)
00scrmom
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 27/07/15, 11:04 am

I watched silver play Galaxy and Lightning...Galaxy was not as close as the score indicated. Silver could have been playing against 10 men and Galaxy wo their GK after 1st water break. The GK played our forward on a break rather than the ball and should have been handed a red (missed the resulting PK). I am glad she wasn't gone because she put on a show. Silver missed/had saved 8 chances. Galaxy was the better team at the start of second half to equalize, but nobody watching that game could have doubted the result was a fair result.

Silver found out right before kickoff of the Lightning game that they were in. The silver forward that Galaxy in particular battered played basically on 1 leg most of the game and another who missed the Galaxy game because of illness and played at 3:30 Sunday (dehydrated and hurting) despite the heat and lack of necessity. All the players played hard, but met a desperate Lightning team. Silver was NOT the better team on the field in that game...but to say they laid down is accusatory and wrong.

Lightning scored before silver got the smiles off their faces and silver chased hard all day. The second goal was on a corner...and if you know ANYTHING abt Lightning, you know they kill on headers in the box. The third goal was on a pk on a deflected handling. Silver had AT LEAST as many chances as Lightning, but just didn't find it. The last 15 minutes was corners and goal kicks on Lightnings end. There was NO lack of effort or over playing subs...which if you ever watch one of our teams you will realize is free subbing w no discernable drop off.

Ask Lightning if they were surprised by the result, and they will yes as much as we were, but silver didn't lay down or hand over an easy win. They just didn't have it in the tank and Lightning kicked our tails...the let down was a natural result of getting the news, but one we will fix.

Also, NTFC is not built the same way some other teams are, but I predict they will be top 5 in D2. They play a lot like Fever, and if you can't match their athletes, they will have 4 goals before half. If Lightning plays desperately, they will challenge the top, if not, then they won't. Silver will be okay too. Injuries, illness, external commitments, weather, all play roles in the season. I think D2 will be VERY competitive...and that is the first thing Silver learned yesterday. I also think (and have said for years) that QT is a snapshot. LH is a marathon. Teams like Galaxy and Cyclones can play with anyone in D2 for sure, but they didn't make it. Either would have with a win Sunday night though right??

Good luck to all of the teams.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach2200 27/07/15, 11:40 am

With all due respect. I watched NTFC this weekend and 2 other times this year. IN NO WAY would I ever compare them to Fever!!! They play dump and run. At times they have position against weaker opponents, but struggle to control the ball against good teams. Like you said, the season will tell the story. Anyone bold enough to make D2 predictions? FC FT Worth ? Fever? Texans? What about an improved Spense team or even an upgraded Gunnar's?

Coach2200
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdood 27/07/15, 12:13 pm

Based on what I have heard, most teams have upgraded as talent from other teams moves up. I would not discount any of the top 7 seeded teams as potential winners of D2. The bottom 7 probably has a surprise team or 2 that will rise. I understand being skeptical of teams coming into the 14 team format from QT. They have something to prove and should be determined.

Soccerdood
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 27/07/15, 12:16 pm

I agree Soccerdood. I think the race for D2 will be potentially tougher than the D3 race last season. Some teams seem to have really improved their roster. Also, only playing everyone once and the shorter season could be a significant factor as well.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 27/07/15, 12:57 pm

I agree that Fever is better overall, and definitely better than NTFC at possessing the ball, but as far as physicality and athletics, NTFC and Fever both bring excellent speed, size and aggression. That is what I meant. If you saw Fever a year ago, they looked like a more efficient NTFC (in the games that I have seen NTFC-I didn't see them in the QT).

I did see NTFC play a few other games...One against FWFC, and a couple of others, and IMO, they were the clear second seed behind Silver. I said it early on, that I felt the 1, 3, 4, and 5 were in the same bracket...but ALL had a chance to win and get in on the last day if the chips fell right...the chips fell right for Lightning. If Galaxy had to play NTFC instead of Solar, I am not sure Galaxy wins that game, and if Fusion had played Lightning, I don't know that Lightning wins...

BUT those are all "what ifs?" now...

IMO, Fever and DTR (FWFC) will be the favorites in D2...the rest of everyone is going to have to win games instead of draw to separate...

I think that beyond that, it will look a lot like the QT. EVERY team will compete and take points off of you if you don't show up...NOBODY can overlook any opponent (including the favorites). I wouldn't be surprised to see injuries be the main issue that divides 3 from 9. Top to bottom, this is a very strong field of teams...I see a BUNCH of them hovering around similar point totals and beating each other regularly.

The D2 teams coming in FCDE, DTFW both progressed as the season moved last year. Both are tough to beat...Sting Central and FCUSA (Sporting), (LP) Spence, Solar, Gunners, NTFC, FCD Red will all be solid. I haven't seen much of Meja, Lightning, or Flash recently (excepting Lightning's game w Silver). You may be right that Lightning will struggle, and there will be 4 that will be in QT next year, but I don't think that Cyclones or Galaxy would be much higher than them in a preseason ranking...That said, ANY and ALL of them will struggle if they don't put away chances...much like Solar yesterday, thus when a team DOES capitalize, they can win.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Vikarius_lee 27/07/15, 01:37 pm

Agreed,I try not to confuse efforts with results.
I'm Sure Solar played well despite a 0-3 score.
After receiving news that they made it, I wouldn't get mad if they were ecstatic. They are 15 years old .

Cyclones had some sort of controversy in their game.
They fought back and scored an excellent tying goal.
Both Galaxy and Cyclones knew that one goal in the last 20 minutes would advance one of them. Both teams had fantastic efforts. The results didn't come.
Lightning did very well. Max points vs a bracket winner shows that despite struggling in the other games. They played the "Whole " tournament. Start to finish for a chance.
I consider all four of these teams as equals. All eight qualifying teams helped make the 3 QT winners better.
In turn will make LH D2 better.
Thanks for showing us a hint of the exciting season ahead.
Vikarius_lee
Vikarius_lee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next