2017/2018 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» LP U14 ECNL?
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 06:44 pm

» Announcing New Club Invites
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 06:34 pm

» Sting 08 Weigelt- Looking for 1-2 Committed Players
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 06:28 pm

» New to Area. Best Soccer 06' Soccer Coach
by CardinalRule Yesterday at 06:15 pm

» 2nd Time thru.
by Kmp92702 Yesterday at 06:04 pm

» FBR09 Rankings February 22nd, 2018
by FBR09G Yesterday at 01:58 pm

» different shoes for grass and turf?
by President Camacho Yesterday at 12:53 pm

» 02 Girls Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C Yesterday at 11:12 am

» FBR 08 February 20th 2018
by President Camacho Yesterday at 10:33 am

» LHD2 NTX Celtic 02G McCallum - LOOKING FOR GOALKEEPER
by NTX Celtic FC Yesterday at 09:40 am

» 06 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (May 11-13)
by U90C Yesterday at 09:22 am

» Select Question for Veteran Parents
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 06:29 am

» Youth Pick-up Games this Friday
by cityfutsal 21/02/18, 05:13 pm

» U 11 Team looking to schudule scrimmage games
by Panther City FC 07G 21/02/18, 11:13 am

» 05 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (May 11-13)
by U90C 21/02/18, 10:56 am

» Liverpool 09 girls Keegan (FLYNN)
by LP_Elite 21/02/18, 10:33 am

» Sting Dallas Player Opportunities 2018
by Medicine Man 21/02/18, 06:23 am

» Texas Spurs 10/11' Blanton Looking
by tareyncarol 20/02/18, 08:10 pm

» Texas Spurs 10' Blanton Looking
by tareyncarol 20/02/18, 08:06 pm

» Texas Spurs 09' Blanton Looking
by tareyncarol 20/02/18, 08:05 pm

» Texas Spurs 08' Blanton Looking
by tareyncarol 20/02/18, 08:03 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 20/02/18, 02:24 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 20/02/18, 02:23 pm

» This topic is about absolutely nothing
by KeeperCommander 20/02/18, 12:05 pm

» Sting North 08 Shepard
by skills 20/02/18, 07:14 am

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11579 registered users
The newest registered user is Panther City FC 07G

Our users have posted a total of 168226 messages in 21185 subjects

True Age/Age Pure

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by NorthDallasSoccer on 28/07/15, 11:49 am

Yanks, you keep saying this but that hasn't been decided locally yet. Let's wait and see on implementation. There are so many moving parts to this that you cannot simply say "boom" and off you go. There was a fantastic post by one of the club directors speaking to all the moving parts - possibly in the 06 subforum. This involves UTD, municipalities, clubs, multiple sanctioning bodies and registrars. Possible re-qualification. Stuff like this ends leagues and entire clubs if not done right. Some may like that, but that sort of dislocation always carries costs that go beyond simply finding a new team. This will be a tough one to sort out.

NorthDallasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 105
Join date : 2015-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by coachdom23 on 28/07/15, 12:28 pm

Let's blow it all up and start over...


Give all teams/clubs the month June to re-arrange their rosters by birth year and tryout players. Then, on July 1st, players sign contracts.

In July, Classic leagues would hold tryout tournaments for all teams in ALL divisions - no n+1, no relegation/promotion, just a blank slate.

After the classic league tryout tournaments, the premier leagues hold their placement tournaments.


Last edited by coachdom23 on 28/07/15, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1554
Points : 5248
Join date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by AtThePitch on 28/07/15, 12:29 pm

Sounds like a plan to me.
avatar
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 585
Points : 2879
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by NorthDallasSoccer on 28/07/15, 12:35 pm

Except that CoachDom himself knows the multiple years the academy teams had in building an FBR ranking to get seeded and recruit and so forth. 5 years some kids have in building a team before qualifying (the core of the current D'Feeters team that just qualified comes to mind). And suddenly we just want a do over? In economics that is called dislocation and it always results in a poorer environment afterwards. Might it happen? Perhaps, but tearing off the scab usually leads to infection. Revolutions are rarely good. (by the way, total respect for CoachDom, and the exchange of ideas!)
avatar
NorthDallasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 105
Points : 1130
Join date : 2015-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by AtThePitch on 28/07/15, 12:38 pm

Point is change is coming... no way around that... it's a matter of how and how quickly.
avatar
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 585
Points : 2879
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by NorthDallasSoccer on 28/07/15, 12:40 pm

Absolutely, ATP. Implementation is the key. Let's pray for the wisdom of those in decision-making authority. :-)
avatar
NorthDallasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 105
Points : 1130
Join date : 2015-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by SD69 on 28/07/15, 12:48 pm

Exactly, sounds like a bunch of wishful thinkers hoping their dd will suddenly go from average to top of their age group and vice versa. A lot of people saying what IS going to happen, but haven't heard a peep from anyone in authority yet.
avatar
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1337
Points : 3351
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by coachdom23 on 28/07/15, 12:57 pm

NorthDallasSoccer wrote:Except that CoachDom himself knows the multiple years the academy teams had in building an FBR ranking to get seeded and recruit and so forth. 5 years some kids have in building a team before qualifying (the core of the current D'Feeters team that just qualified comes to mind). And suddenly we just want a do over? In economics that is called dislocation and it always results in a poorer environment afterwards. Might it happen? Perhaps, but tearing off the scab usually leads to infection. Revolutions are rarely good. (by the way, total respect for CoachDom, and the exchange of ideas!)

I appreciate a friendly exchange of ideas on this forum - always have. Hopefully, these discussions are going on behind closed doors at NTSSA, LHGCL, PPL, and APL.

The change from Aug-July to Jan-Dec is coming. There is no getting around it, and moving older players up will dramatically change the makeup of every team. I think "going nuclear" is the most fair to all teams.
avatar
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1554
Points : 5248
Join date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by NorthDallasSoccer on 28/07/15, 01:05 pm

I fear what "going nuclear" would do the smaller clubs and independents, who help keep the larger clubs honest and provide a different atmosphere that many like. Big ships take waves easier than smaller boats.

coachdom23 wrote:
I appreciate a friendly exchange of ideas on this forum - always have. Hopefully, these discussions are going on behind closed doors at NTSSA, LHGCL, PPL, and APL.

The change from Aug-July to Jan-Dec is coming. There is no getting around it, and moving older players up will dramatically change the makeup of every team. I think "going nuclear" is the most fair to all teams.
avatar
NorthDallasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 105
Points : 1130
Join date : 2015-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by Sho'Nuff on 28/07/15, 01:06 pm

coachdom23 wrote:
NorthDallasSoccer wrote:Except that CoachDom himself knows the multiple years the academy teams had in building an FBR ranking to get seeded and recruit and so forth. 5 years some kids have in building a team before qualifying (the core of the current D'Feeters team that just qualified comes to mind). And suddenly we just want a do over? In economics that is called dislocation and it always results in a poorer environment afterwards. Might it happen? Perhaps, but tearing off the scab usually leads to infection. Revolutions are rarely good. (by the way, total respect for CoachDom, and the exchange of ideas!)

I appreciate a friendly exchange of ideas on this forum - always have. Hopefully, these discussions are going on behind closed doors at NTSSA, LHGCL, PPL, and APL.

The change from Aug-July to Jan-Dec is coming. There is no getting around it, and moving older players up will dramatically change the makeup of every team. I think "going nuclear" is the most fair to all teams.

+1 'nucular'

__________________________________________________
The opinions expressed here are solely those of the author.  These comments are not intended to reflect the positions of a specific team, club, or coach.
avatar
Sho'Nuff
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1248
Points : 2905
Join date : 2013-10-22
Location : Muskogee, Oklahoma

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by Sho'Nuff on 28/07/15, 01:08 pm

Short-term, it will be crippling. I think this 4v4 through U8 is going to create a lot of opportunity for the little guys, though.

NorthDallasSoccer wrote:I fear what "going nuclear" would do the smaller clubs and independents, who help keep the larger clubs honest and provide a different atmosphere that many like. Big ships take waves easier than smaller boats.

coachdom23 wrote:
I appreciate a friendly exchange of ideas on this forum - always have. Hopefully, these discussions are going on behind closed doors at NTSSA, LHGCL, PPL, and APL.

The change from Aug-July to Jan-Dec is coming. There is no getting around it, and moving older players up will dramatically change the makeup of every team. I think "going nuclear" is the most fair to all teams.

__________________________________________________
The opinions expressed here are solely those of the author.  These comments are not intended to reflect the positions of a specific team, club, or coach.
avatar
Sho'Nuff
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1248
Points : 2905
Join date : 2013-10-22
Location : Muskogee, Oklahoma

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by herradura on 28/07/15, 01:09 pm

Big clubs deep with teams in each age group obviously have the advantage. I doubt you will see FCD, Solar, Texans, Sting saying anything negative about the change. Some of their top teams may come out even stronger.
avatar
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 673
Points : 2589
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by Guest on 28/07/15, 01:21 pm

coachdom23 wrote:
NorthDallasSoccer wrote:Except that CoachDom himself knows the multiple years the academy teams had in building an FBR ranking to get seeded and recruit and so forth. 5 years some kids have in building a team before qualifying (the core of the current D'Feeters team that just qualified comes to mind). And suddenly we just want a do over? In economics that is called dislocation and it always results in a poorer environment afterwards. Might it happen? Perhaps, but tearing off the scab usually leads to infection. Revolutions are rarely good. (by the way, total respect for CoachDom, and the exchange of ideas!)

I appreciate a friendly exchange of ideas on this forum - always have. Hopefully, these discussions are going on behind closed doors at NTSSA, LHGCL, PPL, and APL.

The change from Aug-July to Jan-Dec is coming. There is no getting around it, and moving older players up will dramatically change the makeup of every team. I think "going nuclear" is the most fair to all teams.

@Dom... being in the position that you are.... what is your take on the required changes to field sizes and goals, etc... ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by jogobonito06 on 28/07/15, 02:24 pm

Sho'nuff wrote:Short-term, it will be crippling.  I think this 4v4 through U8 is going to create a lot of opportunity for the little guys, though.



4v4 thru U8 will create a huge marketing opportunity for an "unofficial" 7v7 league. Anyone want in on this? $$$
avatar
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 279
Points : 1502
Join date : 2014-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by boilerjoe_96 on 28/07/15, 02:41 pm

jogobonito07 wrote:
Sho'nuff wrote:Short-term, it will be crippling.  I think this 4v4 through U8 is going to create a lot of opportunity for the little guys, though.



4v4 thru U8 will create a huge marketing opportunity for an "unofficial" 7v7 league.  Anyone want in on this?  $$$

Maybe PSA was behind this... they could have a corner on the 7v7 market at least on this side of town. They start 7v7 at Kinder level...
avatar
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 616
Points : 2825
Join date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by Guest on 28/07/15, 02:58 pm

boilerjoe_96 wrote:
jogobonito07 wrote:
Sho'nuff wrote:Short-term, it will be crippling.  I think this 4v4 through U8 is going to create a lot of opportunity for the little guys, though.



4v4 thru U8 will create a huge marketing opportunity for an "unofficial" 7v7 league.  Anyone want in on this?  $$$

Maybe PSA was behind this... they could have a corner on the 7v7 market at least on this side of town.  They start 7v7 at Kinder level...

Actually, I heard Pfizer was behind all of this because Xanax sales have been in a downward trend...

Why am I thinking that through this whole process, the most important thing on little Suzy's mind is going to be "Will we still be able to stop for slushies after practices with my new team?"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by coachdom23 on 28/07/15, 03:06 pm

Soccerfan79 wrote:

@Dom... being in the position that you are.... what is your take on the required changes to field sizes and goals, etc... ?


Luckily, our U11-U14 league is not affected, because we are playing 9v9 for U11 and U12 this Fall 2015. As for our U6-U10 leagues, the only issue will be MoneyGram set-up and goals. The cities we work with already have 4v4 fields with smaller goals.


I feel for the girls academy teams, who just need the powers that be to make up their minds and make a formal announcement, like boys classic did, so those teams can prepare for the changes.



avatar
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1554
Points : 5248
Join date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by Guest on 28/07/15, 03:19 pm

Where did classic league post the announcement?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by Guest on 28/07/15, 03:26 pm

NorthDallasSoccer wrote:I fear what "going nuclear" would do the smaller clubs and independents, who help keep the larger clubs honest and provide a different atmosphere that many like. Big ships take waves easier than smaller boats.

coachdom23 wrote:
I appreciate a friendly exchange of ideas on this forum - always have. Hopefully, these discussions are going on behind closed doors at NTSSA, LHGCL, PPL, and APL.

The change from Aug-July to Jan-Dec is coming. There is no getting around it, and moving older players up will dramatically change the makeup of every team. I think "going nuclear" is the most fair to all teams.

I agree with this. Some of the successful smaller club teams are successful because they are able to keep good rosters intact. When you Dribble players off of a tight-knit team, it will be devastating. My question is this...If a roster of 16 were going to lose half of their roster (Cool by going age-pure, what would keep coaches and clubs from playing the younger 8 players up in order to keep the team together. Will playing up still be an option in the new system?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by PrimeTimeSoccer on 28/07/15, 03:29 pm

pegleg wrote:Where did classic league post the announcement?

via email
avatar
PrimeTimeSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 396
Points : 1839
Join date : 2014-08-14

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by boilerjoe_96 on 28/07/15, 03:43 pm

thatwasweird wrote:
NorthDallasSoccer wrote:I fear what "going nuclear" would do the smaller clubs and independents, who help keep the larger clubs honest and provide a different atmosphere that many like. Big ships take waves easier than smaller boats.

coachdom23 wrote:
I appreciate a friendly exchange of ideas on this forum - always have. Hopefully, these discussions are going on behind closed doors at NTSSA, LHGCL, PPL, and APL.

The change from Aug-July to Jan-Dec is coming. There is no getting around it, and moving older players up will dramatically change the makeup of every team. I think "going nuclear" is the most fair to all teams.

I agree with this.  Some of the successful smaller club teams are successful because they are able to keep good rosters intact.  When you Dribble players off of a tight-knit team, it will be devastating.  My question is this...If a roster of 16 were going to lose half of their roster (Cool by going age-pure, what would keep coaches and clubs from playing the younger 8 players up in order to keep the team together.  Will playing up still be an option in the new system?

I read somewhere they want advanced players playing up.... so if kid is good enough, have at it.  Heard unsubstantiated rumors the line between select and academy will go away as well. Only makes sense that future national team candidates play up at the highest level they can compete.(at least to me)  Why hold a u10 back from U11 if they are good enough?

Every player needs to find the right level, not too easy, not too hard.  If a spring kid, and that is age group, then this affects you as you probably lost most of your team, if kid good enough to play up, play up and keep the same team.  The issue I see, is a top team at one level isn't going to be a top team up an age bracket(most likely).  Many an upset parent will be caused by the dream of state cup going away because your team is now younger for age group.... Instead of #1 team....you now 6th(or some number lower than the top)...so team could still be good, but not (SuperCopa/State Cup/Regionals/etc) good. Win Win Win is behind many upset.
avatar
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 616
Points : 2825
Join date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by AtThePitch on 28/07/15, 03:45 pm

coachdom23 wrote:
Soccerfan79 wrote:

@Dom... being in the position that you are.... what is your take on the required changes to field sizes and goals, etc... ?


Luckily, our U11-U14 league is not affected, because we are playing 9v9 for U11 and U12 this Fall 2015. As for our U6-U10 leagues, the only issue will be MoneyGram set-up and goals. The cities we work with already have 4v4 fields with smaller goals.


I feel for the girls academy teams, who just need the powers that be to make up their minds and make a formal announcement, like boys classic did, so those teams can prepare for the changes.  




Dom, maybe you can explain classic leagues announcement to us.

They say they will be grandfather in in teams starting next season so calendar won't affect them in classic league, correct?

But this will affect them if they play in any tournaments in NTX or anywhere else in the country as the rest of the country will be calendar year based, correct?

Thanks for the insight Dom.
avatar
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 585
Points : 2879
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by coachdom23 on 28/07/15, 04:16 pm

AtThePitch wrote:

Dom, maybe you can explain classic leagues announcement to us.

They say they will be grandfather in in teams starting next season so calendar won't affect them in classic league, correct?

But this will affect them if they play in any tournaments in NTX or anywhere else in the country as the rest of the country will be calendar year based, correct?

Thanks for the insight Dom.


All I know is what I read. I got out of the mind-reading business years ago when married to my first ex-wife.
avatar
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1554
Points : 5248
Join date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by AtThePitch on 28/07/15, 04:18 pm

How many ex wives do you have? Wait, dont answer that... your next soon to be ex could read this. Haha j/j
avatar
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 585
Points : 2879
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by coachdom23 on 28/07/15, 04:24 pm

AtThePitch wrote:How many ex wives do you have? Wait, dont answer that... your next soon to be ex could read this. Haha j/j

Only married twice.

My current wife doesn't like it when I refer to my only ex-wife as "my first ex-wife", but I amuse myself when I say it. And, it makes my friends and co-workers laugh.

Wife #2 will get her revenge on me. When we die, she already has plans for her headstone to read "I'm with Stupid" with an arrow pointing to my headstone.
avatar
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1554
Points : 5248
Join date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by RightWingDad on 03/08/15, 05:31 pm

Heard from a very trusted source inside NTS that USYS wants this implemented across the board, all age groups, no grandfathering in 2016.

We'll see if NTS pushes back on how this gets implemented here.
avatar
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 606
Points : 2755
Join date : 2012-06-15
Location : Dangerously close to the touch line

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum