2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Blue Star Fields
by jogobonito06 Today at 09:40 am

» Quiet Forum
by Kenny_Powers Today at 12:52 am

» TOURNAMENT: GULF COAST OPEN - Gulf Shores Area - Jan 12-15
by U90C Yesterday at 03:24 pm

» FootyID Camp | Winter 2017
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 10:17 am

» Revolution FC 08G - Lee looking for 2 or 3 players
by Revolution_Girls FC 08/12/17, 04:22 pm

» FC Dallas-West '11's/'12's
by Honeybadger 08/12/17, 10:38 am

» STING DALLAS 2011G/2012G “Officially starting to build out o
by psaldivar 08/12/17, 09:41 am

» Tetra Brazil: Winter Futsal Camp (Dec 18-22)
by jondavies3 08/12/17, 07:58 am

» Sting North 08 Shepard
by skills 08/12/17, 07:57 am

» TX Alliance SC in Alliance-Keller Area looking to add player
by TXAllianceSoccer 07/12/17, 03:07 pm

» Solar 08 Cavalle - Flower Mound
by NTXSoccaDad 07/12/17, 02:51 pm

» TX Alliance SC in Alliance-Keller Area looking to add player
by TXAllianceSoccer 07/12/17, 02:50 pm

» TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC - REGISTRATION DEADLINE APPROACHING
by NTXSoccaDad 07/12/17, 02:46 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 07/12/17, 02:22 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 07/12/17, 02:22 pm

» CAMP IS FULL - GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP
by musaisaya 07/12/17, 01:58 pm

» FBR09 Rankings December 4th, 2017
by BigErn 07/12/17, 12:21 pm

» Futsal
by MFCCoach 07/12/17, 11:28 am

» Futsal
by MFCCoach 07/12/17, 11:27 am

» Fever United 05 Phiri NPL Open Session Sunday December 17th
by ChessNotCheckers 07/12/17, 12:07 am

» STING EAST FREE 1HR SKILLS SESSIONS STARTING DECEMBER 15th
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:28 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:23 pm

by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:22 pm

by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:21 pm

by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:15 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11458 registered users
The newest registered user is Boom2017

Our users have posted a total of 166035 messages in 20897 subjects

True Age/Age Pure

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: True Age/Age Pure

Post by NorthDallasSoccer on 28/07/15, 11:49 am

Yanks, you keep saying this but that hasn't been decided locally yet. Let's wait and see on implementation. There are so many moving parts to this that you cannot simply say "boom" and off you go. There was a fantastic post by one of the club directors speaking to all the moving parts - possibly in the 06 subforum. This involves UTD, municipalities, clubs, multiple sanctioning bodies and registrars. Possible re-qualification. Stuff like this ends leagues and entire clubs if not done right. Some may like that, but that sort of dislocation always carries costs that go beyond simply finding a new team. This will be a tough one to sort out.

NorthDallasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 on 28/07/15, 12:28 pm

Let's blow it all up and start over...

Give all teams/clubs the month June to re-arrange their rosters by birth year and tryout players. Then, on July 1st, players sign contracts.

In July, Classic leagues would hold tryout tournaments for all teams in ALL divisions - no n+1, no relegation/promotion, just a blank slate.

After the classic league tryout tournaments, the premier leagues hold their placement tournaments.

Last edited by coachdom23 on 28/07/15, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch on 28/07/15, 12:29 pm

Sounds like a plan to me.
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthDallasSoccer on 28/07/15, 12:35 pm

Except that CoachDom himself knows the multiple years the academy teams had in building an FBR ranking to get seeded and recruit and so forth. 5 years some kids have in building a team before qualifying (the core of the current D'Feeters team that just qualified comes to mind). And suddenly we just want a do over? In economics that is called dislocation and it always results in a poorer environment afterwards. Might it happen? Perhaps, but tearing off the scab usually leads to infection. Revolutions are rarely good. (by the way, total respect for CoachDom, and the exchange of ideas!)
NorthDallasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch on 28/07/15, 12:38 pm

Point is change is coming... no way around that... it's a matter of how and how quickly.
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthDallasSoccer on 28/07/15, 12:40 pm

Absolutely, ATP. Implementation is the key. Let's pray for the wisdom of those in decision-making authority. :-)
NorthDallasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 on 28/07/15, 12:48 pm

Exactly, sounds like a bunch of wishful thinkers hoping their dd will suddenly go from average to top of their age group and vice versa. A lot of people saying what IS going to happen, but haven't heard a peep from anyone in authority yet.
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 on 28/07/15, 12:57 pm

NorthDallasSoccer wrote:Except that CoachDom himself knows the multiple years the academy teams had in building an FBR ranking to get seeded and recruit and so forth. 5 years some kids have in building a team before qualifying (the core of the current D'Feeters team that just qualified comes to mind). And suddenly we just want a do over? In economics that is called dislocation and it always results in a poorer environment afterwards. Might it happen? Perhaps, but tearing off the scab usually leads to infection. Revolutions are rarely good. (by the way, total respect for CoachDom, and the exchange of ideas!)

I appreciate a friendly exchange of ideas on this forum - always have. Hopefully, these discussions are going on behind closed doors at NTSSA, LHGCL, PPL, and APL.

The change from Aug-July to Jan-Dec is coming. There is no getting around it, and moving older players up will dramatically change the makeup of every team. I think "going nuclear" is the most fair to all teams.
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthDallasSoccer on 28/07/15, 01:05 pm

I fear what "going nuclear" would do the smaller clubs and independents, who help keep the larger clubs honest and provide a different atmosphere that many like. Big ships take waves easier than smaller boats.

coachdom23 wrote:
I appreciate a friendly exchange of ideas on this forum - always have. Hopefully, these discussions are going on behind closed doors at NTSSA, LHGCL, PPL, and APL.

The change from Aug-July to Jan-Dec is coming. There is no getting around it, and moving older players up will dramatically change the makeup of every team. I think "going nuclear" is the most fair to all teams.
NorthDallasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sho'Nuff on 28/07/15, 01:06 pm

coachdom23 wrote:
NorthDallasSoccer wrote:Except that CoachDom himself knows the multiple years the academy teams had in building an FBR ranking to get seeded and recruit and so forth. 5 years some kids have in building a team before qualifying (the core of the current D'Feeters team that just qualified comes to mind). And suddenly we just want a do over? In economics that is called dislocation and it always results in a poorer environment afterwards. Might it happen? Perhaps, but tearing off the scab usually leads to infection. Revolutions are rarely good. (by the way, total respect for CoachDom, and the exchange of ideas!)

+1 'nucular'

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sho'Nuff on 28/07/15, 01:08 pm

Short-term, it will be crippling. I think this 4v4 through U8 is going to create a lot of opportunity for the little guys, though.

NorthDallasSoccer wrote:I fear what "going nuclear" would do the smaller clubs and independents, who help keep the larger clubs honest and provide a different atmosphere that many like. Big ships take waves easier than smaller boats.

coachdom23 wrote:

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 28/07/15, 01:09 pm

Big clubs deep with teams in each age group obviously have the advantage. I doubt you will see FCD, Solar, Texans, Sting saying anything negative about the change. Some of their top teams may come out even stronger.
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28/07/15, 01:21 pm

coachdom23 wrote:

@Dom... being in the position that you are.... what is your take on the required changes to field sizes and goals, etc... ?

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 on 28/07/15, 02:24 pm

Sho'nuff wrote:Short-term, it will be crippling.  I think this 4v4 through U8 is going to create a lot of opportunity for the little guys, though.

4v4 thru U8 will create a huge marketing opportunity for an "unofficial" 7v7 league. Anyone want in on this? $$$
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 on 28/07/15, 02:41 pm

jogobonito07 wrote:
Sho'nuff wrote:Short-term, it will be crippling.  I think this 4v4 through U8 is going to create a lot of opportunity for the little guys, though.

4v4 thru U8 will create a huge marketing opportunity for an "unofficial" 7v7 league.  Anyone want in on this?  $$$

Maybe PSA was behind this... they could have a corner on the 7v7 market at least on this side of town. They start 7v7 at Kinder level...
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28/07/15, 02:58 pm

boilerjoe_96 wrote:
jogobonito07 wrote:

4v4 thru U8 will create a huge marketing opportunity for an "unofficial" 7v7 league.  Anyone want in on this?  $$$

Maybe PSA was behind this... they could have a corner on the 7v7 market at least on this side of town.  They start 7v7 at Kinder level...

Actually, I heard Pfizer was behind all of this because Xanax sales have been in a downward trend...

Why am I thinking that through this whole process, the most important thing on little Suzy's mind is going to be "Will we still be able to stop for slushies after practices with my new team?"

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 on 28/07/15, 03:06 pm

Soccerfan79 wrote:

@Dom... being in the position that you are.... what is your take on the required changes to field sizes and goals, etc... ?

Luckily, our U11-U14 league is not affected, because we are playing 9v9 for U11 and U12 this Fall 2015. As for our U6-U10 leagues, the only issue will be MoneyGram set-up and goals. The cities we work with already have 4v4 fields with smaller goals.

I feel for the girls academy teams, who just need the powers that be to make up their minds and make a formal announcement, like boys classic did, so those teams can prepare for the changes.

coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28/07/15, 03:19 pm

Where did classic league post the announcement?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28/07/15, 03:26 pm

NorthDallasSoccer wrote:I fear what "going nuclear" would do the smaller clubs and independents, who help keep the larger clubs honest and provide a different atmosphere that many like. Big ships take waves easier than smaller boats.

coachdom23 wrote:

I agree with this. Some of the successful smaller club teams are successful because they are able to keep good rosters intact. When you Dribble players off of a tight-knit team, it will be devastating. My question is this...If a roster of 16 were going to lose half of their roster (Cool by going age-pure, what would keep coaches and clubs from playing the younger 8 players up in order to keep the team together. Will playing up still be an option in the new system?

Back to top Go down

Post by PrimeTimeSoccer on 28/07/15, 03:29 pm

pegleg wrote:Where did classic league post the announcement?

via email
PrimeTimeSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 on 28/07/15, 03:43 pm

thatwasweird wrote:

coachdom23 wrote:

I agree with this.  Some of the successful smaller club teams are successful because they are able to keep good rosters intact.  When you Dribble players off of a tight-knit team, it will be devastating.  My question is this...If a roster of 16 were going to lose half of their roster (Cool by going age-pure, what would keep coaches and clubs from playing the younger 8 players up in order to keep the team together.  Will playing up still be an option in the new system?

I read somewhere they want advanced players playing up.... so if kid is good enough, have at it.  Heard unsubstantiated rumors the line between select and academy will go away as well. Only makes sense that future national team candidates play up at the highest level they can compete.(at least to me)  Why hold a u10 back from U11 if they are good enough?

Every player needs to find the right level, not too easy, not too hard.  If a spring kid, and that is age group, then this affects you as you probably lost most of your team, if kid good enough to play up, play up and keep the same team.  The issue I see, is a top team at one level isn't going to be a top team up an age bracket(most likely).  Many an upset parent will be caused by the dream of state cup going away because your team is now younger for age group.... Instead of #1 team....you now 6th(or some number lower than the top)...so team could still be good, but not (SuperCopa/State Cup/Regionals/etc) good. Win Win Win is behind many upset.
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch on 28/07/15, 03:45 pm

coachdom23 wrote:
Soccerfan79 wrote:

Luckily, our U11-U14 league is not affected, because we are playing 9v9 for U11 and U12 this Fall 2015. As for our U6-U10 leagues, the only issue will be MoneyGram set-up and goals. The cities we work with already have 4v4 fields with smaller goals.

I feel for the girls academy teams, who just need the powers that be to make up their minds and make a formal announcement, like boys classic did, so those teams can prepare for the changes.  

Dom, maybe you can explain classic leagues announcement to us.

They say they will be grandfather in in teams starting next season so calendar won't affect them in classic league, correct?

But this will affect them if they play in any tournaments in NTX or anywhere else in the country as the rest of the country will be calendar year based, correct?

Thanks for the insight Dom.
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 on 28/07/15, 04:16 pm

AtThePitch wrote:

Dom, maybe you can explain classic leagues announcement to us.

They say they will be grandfather in in teams starting next season so calendar won't affect them in classic league, correct?

But this will affect them if they play in any tournaments in NTX or anywhere else in the country as the rest of the country will be calendar year based, correct?

Thanks for the insight Dom.

All I know is what I read. I got out of the mind-reading business years ago when married to my first ex-wife.
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch on 28/07/15, 04:18 pm

How many ex wives do you have? Wait, dont answer that... your next soon to be ex could read this. Haha j/j
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 on 28/07/15, 04:24 pm

AtThePitch wrote:How many ex wives do you have? Wait, dont answer that... your next soon to be ex could read this. Haha j/j

Only married twice.

My current wife doesn't like it when I refer to my only ex-wife as "my first ex-wife", but I amuse myself when I say it. And, it makes my friends and co-workers laugh.

Wife #2 will get her revenge on me. When we die, she already has plans for her headstone to read "I'm with Stupid" with an arrow pointing to my headstone.
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad on 03/08/15, 05:31 pm

Heard from a very trusted source inside NTS that USYS wants this implemented across the board, all age groups, no grandfathering in 2016.

We'll see if NTS pushes back on how this gets implemented here.
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum