Latest topics
» Dallas Texans 2016 Kit #5 (Select)
by unknowingmom Today at 12:40 pm

» Beat the Heat Tournament (Edmond, OK)
by 030409SOCCERDAD Today at 12:39 pm

» 08 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 10:41 am

» U7 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 10:40 am

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 10:39 am

» 06 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 10:38 am

» TOURNAMENT: U90C Labor Day Open - Sept 1-4
by U90C Today at 10:37 am

» Solar 08 Cavalle - Flower Mound
by FMSolar Today at 09:54 am

» Turf Cup 3v3 Tournament - August 19th & 20th
by Soccer08 Today at 08:03 am

» Need a Keeper - RedHots FC 05G
by RH05G Yesterday at 10:16 pm

» 8'x24' Flat Double-Sided Training Goals Plus Cart
by JustaSport Yesterday at 08:54 pm

» schedules Lake highlands classic league
by Soccermomma2017 Yesterday at 08:45 pm

» Schedule for Lakehighlands Girls 07
by Soccermomma2017 Yesterday at 08:26 pm

» Tatu's Sting 00' & 01' ECNL Open Tryout Schedule
by Zizou Yesterday at 12:02 pm

» Sting 2011 Shepard
by skills Yesterday at 11:37 am

» Trophy Hunting?
by Onlychild Yesterday at 11:10 am

» Sting Academy Kit #23 - Youth Medium/Small
by s@ccerm@m Yesterday at 10:39 am

» FS: NWT FC Dallas Jerseys
by mcbeal42 Yesterday at 10:32 am

» Sting Kit For Sale AS
by 8701tx 19/08/17, 02:32 pm

» Sports Organization Management Software Jevin Dan Ptak TX
by KeeperCommander 19/08/17, 01:12 pm

» Dallas Texans 08 JDL Tryout Schedule
by Dtsoccer8 19/08/17, 12:51 pm

» FC Dallas 02G Black is looking
by FCD02GBLACK 19/08/17, 12:13 pm

» Hello Plano Labor Day Tournament... Is anybody in there?
by dadof3 18/08/17, 10:48 pm

» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr 18/08/17, 12:42 pm

» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr 18/08/17, 12:41 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11290 registered users
The newest registered user is Igamez7924

Our users have posted a total of 161592 messages in 20311 subjects

03 PPL Landscape

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 03 PPL Landscape

Post by Toe-punch on 18/09/15, 09:30 am

Don't take offense BIG. In the last 2 years teams, more than a handful of teams have left Plano for LH (Sting Sanchez, Dunstan, Mustangs, Andro Blue, TX Lightning). That's a good chunk of what was D1 in fall 2013. Still some very solid teams left, but not as competitive top to bottom as it was when those teams were there. PPL still sends the most teams to LH. Also consider the sources team MAY be one of the newest LH teams to join the fold.

Toe-punch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrenalinetx on 18/09/15, 12:33 pm

Well what happens is
1) girls try out and move up into some lake highland teams
2) girls start playing other sports and quitting soccer
3) most important coaching starts showing

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemykeeper on 01/10/15, 12:36 pm

I am new to the forum and wondering what everyone is thinking about PPL 03G now that we are about halfway through the fall season.  Predictions on how it comes out?  :-)

Last edited by lovemykeeper on 01/10/15, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
lovemykeeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe-punch on 01/10/15, 02:53 pm

Halfway through, I still stand by what I posted a few weeks ago. Some firepower has left and D1 doesn't look to be as competitive. It's Evolution, Triumph and everyone else right now. Both of those teams look very good, so no disrespect to them. Just no one else stepping up and making any noise. Figured Texans would be in that mix for the top spot, but they were dismantled by Triumph. Still lots of soccer to play though. Evo vs. Triumph may be for the fall title.

D2 looks about what I figured it would. May take a couple more games for someone to separate from the pack. Still wide open. It'll be interesting to see who earns promotion. There are a few teams there that could provide better competition in D1 than a few of the teams there now.

In D3, FCD East doesn't seem to be tearing it up the way some thought. Really, theres no noise being made by those coming down from LH.
Toe-punch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sendit on 01/10/15, 04:50 pm

What we learned from the posts over summer, this may have been the year for highest turnover on teams. I imagine lots of teams in PPL and LH are starting to develop identity of who they will be.
sendit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemykeeper on 02/10/15, 09:01 am

@Toe-punch - thanks for the input. I am enjoying seeing the different perspectives here. Looking forward to seeing how it all comes out. :-)

@ Gimeemore - I have no perspective on what a usual amount of turnover and movement is but I am gathering that it was a higher than usual amount for this year. Hopefully things settle down some for next year!
lovemykeeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by HereForTheConvo on 02/10/15, 03:58 pm

I, too, thought it would be a 2-team race in PPL D1. However, I thought those two teams would be Evolution and DT Red when the two of them surprisingly didn't qualify for LH. Anyone have any insight into Triumph's strong play as they were in D2 last year?

HereForTheConvo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe-punch on 02/10/15, 05:28 pm

HereForTheConvo wrote:I, too, thought it would be a 2-team race in PPL D1.  However, I thought those two teams would be Evolution and DT Red when the two of them surprisingly didn't qualify for LH.  Anyone have any insight into Triumph's strong play as they were in D2 last year?

We played them when they were FM United.  I always liked their team and the coach.  They showed a lot of class when one of our players were injured during one of of matches last year.  They were better each time we played them.  Looks like the same girls to me when we played them earlier in the season.  Someone else mentioned in the thread that coaching starts to surface and I agree.  Now that the field has evened out physically, gimmick soccer doesn't work anymore.

Same can be said of Evolution.  They've been a solid team for a while and well-coached.  They seem to have found another gear this year though and have added some scoring punch and have always been tough to score against.

I think someone else will emerge as a challenger as the year goes on, but no one is stepping up yet.

Toe-punch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SteamingBean on 06/10/15, 09:19 am

For the nine people who read PPL posts (which includes Herradura but only when she’s drunk) - I'm new here this fall so my darling d could become a field player after a number of years in and around the teams currently over in LH, so I haven't learned all these teams yet, and know nothing of the division strength compared to last season. But between her new team and my niece’s rival team, I’ve now seen each team play a grand total of once (a few twice). So with this incredible accurate and brilliant knowledge here’s the end-of-season landscape. (And you thought FBR was accurate)

Final;
1. Evolution 27 pts
2. Triumph 22 pts
Evo will either win or tie in the final Triumph match. Will be fun game Oct 24.
3. Texans 17 pts
4. Sting N 15 pts
5. LP-S 14 pts
#3, 4, and 5 could all swap
6. Aztecs 12 pts
This is set. 12 pts in the bank
7. Gremio 9 pts
8. GSSC 5 pts
9. Tx Thunder 3 pts
10. WF Xpress 1 pt
#7-10 claw it out against each other a lot the last three weeks.

The battle in this gang is not at the top. That will be Evolution, followed by Triumph. The only drama is at the bottom, for which two of the bottom four teams do not get demoted.

The above poster is correct about Evolution and Triumph. They were both disciplined, well-coached, had great position, and quick to the ball. They played good defense, were solid all the way around, and their GKs made smart plays. Pardon the GK notes, but as a parent of 3 ½ former keepers I still keep a close watch on them and have seen some noteworthy performances so far including Evo, Triumph, a great save by the Sting N and Shankley keeps. Gremio had zero defense and theirs got pelted and pummeled. She must have made 20 saves (seemed like 100).

Maybe I was expecting worse, but I am overall impressed with the play from top to bottom. Despite their low scoring offense, even Xpress had a good forward I’d put on just about any team, their O was able to put some pressure on and find cracks in our D, and their keeper made one of those fun terrific saves I like to see.

Keep up the good work playing hard, learning, growing and having fun ladies!
SteamingBean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by HereForTheConvo on 18/10/15, 11:39 am

And, so it's as everyone predicted.  Colleyville Evolution vs. Triumph Royle for the Plano D1 Fall title on Saturday afternoon.  Both teams have separated themselves from the rest rather easily.....so definitely a battle between the two best teams in that division.  Evo comes in the favorite, but Triumph has been scoring at about the same rate as Evo.  I don't expect a 2-1 score here.....something like 5-4.  Here's hoping it turns out to be the match we want it to be.

Last edited by HereForTheConvo on 18/10/15, 08:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

HereForTheConvo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SteamingBean on 18/10/15, 01:59 pm

I'm thinking 2-1 is reasonable, or a tie, or my prediction of 3-2 giving Evolution the edge. These teams score 4.9 and 4.3 goals per game against the rest of the pack, but won't score as easily against each other.

And as sure as I say that it will be 6-5 or something..
SteamingBean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe-punch on 18/10/15, 05:40 pm

Both teams surprised everyone by pretty much tearing through the competition. I'd give Triumph the edge. To me, they seem poised to make the same noise Sparta made a couple of years ago coming out of the APL. Solid team from back to front and well coached. Triumph's team speed gives them the edge IMO. Speed kills.
Toe-punch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemykeeper on 19/10/15, 09:09 am

It has indeed fallen to Triumph and Evolution. Should be a fantastic game. I am interested to see whether it ends up a high scoring offensive game or whether the defenses are dominant enough to keep the scores down- both teams are clearly strong on both sides of the ball. All of these girls have played some fantastic soccer and should be proud of their seasons. :-)
lovemykeeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BIGENCHILADA on 21/10/15, 10:22 pm

4-0 blowout - as good as both teams are, Evo proved to have the better day. Eitherway, both dominated the rest of D1 and have been lucky players haven't been poached, left on their own, or moved on to ECNL teams. As for the quality of teams in PPL, player movement, coaching. There are many players in lh that shouldn't be there, and many in APL or PPL that should be in lh. Players from lh get tired of the drama, low playtime, etc and they move down to APL or PPL where they should be. players move up from APL and PPL.
BIGENCHILADA
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe-punch on 22/10/15, 01:25 am

BIGENCHILADA wrote:Eitherway, both dominated the rest of D1 and have been lucky players haven't been poached, left on their own, or moved on to ECNL teams.

Why does this smell of bitterness Big? Credit both for keeping their teams intact and improving. I'm sure your Ladies will fare better against both in the spring.
Toe-punch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemykeeper on 22/10/15, 07:31 am

I am a bit confused, Big. The Evolution/Triumph match hasn't happened yet. The only "4-0 blow outs" last weekend were Evo over Texans and Gremio over Thunder. Evo/Triumph has yet to be determined - they'll be trying to dodge the storms on Sat. What's your guess, everybody?
lovemykeeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemykeeper on 22/10/15, 07:36 am

Toe-punch wrote:
BIGENCHILADA wrote:Eitherway, both dominated the rest of D1 and have been lucky players haven't been poached, left on their own, or moved on to ECNL teams.

Why does this smell of bitterness Big?  Credit both for keeping their teams intact and improving.  I'm sure your Ladies will fare better against both in the spring.  

And yes- I think it speaks very highly of the coaching at both of these organizations that they have developed such successful and loyal teams. Kuddos, gentlemen. Don't know which team Big's ladies play for but I wish all of the hard working girls and coaches the best through the rest of the year.
lovemykeeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemykeeper on 04/02/16, 10:30 am

Just wondering whether anyone has anything to say/speculate/predict about PPL for the Spring? :-)
lovemykeeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BIGENCHILADA on 04/02/16, 09:04 pm

Dont think it matters really - I thought someone at PPL said there would be Jumbo divisions and qualifying / seeding to determine AP divisions in the Fall.
Seeding may count as D1#1 would then play the lowest seed qualifying,
D1#2 then plays second to last lowest etc. I dont see much of a change in D1 with Evo and Triumph finishing at the top again and the rest holding their own against each other. Will be interesting to see how the new teams moving up to D1 Warriors and FCD WTX fair against the competition. Also i hear alot of teams having hurt players coming out of MS Soccer season.
BIGENCHILADA
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemykeeper on 05/02/16, 08:18 am

I hate to hear there may be some injured girls and hope everyone gets healed up quickly and is able to hit the fields with their teams.
And I understand why you say it doesn't really matter (I assume because of the overturned apple cart that will be the 2016-2017 regardless) but I know that every game matters to the girls and their coaches (as it should) and I am looking forward to some fun match ups. :-)
I have heard good things about the Warriors and don't know anything about FCD WTX but am curious to see where these two teams will fall in the mix. Having no idea what will happen next year, I am excited to enjoy the spring season before the chaos hits in full Dribble. lol
lovemykeeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by HereForTheConvo on 20/02/16, 05:06 pm

Triumph Royle with the 2-1 victory over Evo this afternoon. 0-0 at half and it appeared Royle just had a little more left in the tank in the 2nd as they pull out the victory. Two good teams that had to wait longer than they thought to get a crack at one another. Not sure what Age Pure has in store for these two teams, but it would be good to see them play one another again in the future.....possibly in Lake Highlands next year.

HereForTheConvo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by txdad03*(Now '02) on 20/02/16, 08:11 pm

Yes, great game by both teams.  Hard fought on both sides!
txdad03*(Now '02)
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemykeeper on 22/02/16, 10:21 am

It was a good (and clean, classy) game from both teams. Looks like FCD WTX is coming up from D2 and making some noise as well, though. And with the Texans starting off in the hole, this season could shake out quite differently from the last.
lovemykeeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by HereForTheConvo on 22/02/16, 12:00 pm

FCD WTX definitely making some noise with the tie with Evolution yesterday. Add that to their "not yet posted" victory over Shankly on Saturday and they're in first place (albeit with a "game in hand" for Sting Larry and Royle). Surprising, but good on them after being promoted from D2 over the break.

Also, the Warriors with a surprise win over DT Red on Saturday. Red handing out gifts last weekend to WTX and Larry and then following it up with a disappointing lose in their first official game of the Spring. The two teams coming up from D2 both making noise. DT Red played A LOT of soccer over the break. Possibly too much??? Ah, not sure you can play too much soccer, right?

Should be fun to watch this all play out. It's great to see multiple teams playing for the top spot and it appears we have that with Larry, WTX, Royle and Evo. However, based on the schedules, if we don't have any rain outs, it'll all be over in a flash. Can't remember the season ending by March 20th in the past. Don't blink or you might just miss the action.

HereForTheConvo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemykeeper on 22/02/16, 12:39 pm

It will be a lightning fast season if it plays out as scheduled but I am sure we will get enough rainouts to push it back into April. Think we will start tomorrow, actually. FCD WTX v Triumph may be the game to watch but we'll have to wait for the end of the season to see how that comes out.
BigEnchilada mentioned the possibility of injuries as a factor- anyone know what teams may be facing challenges due to injuries?
lovemykeeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by HereForTheConvo on 22/02/16, 02:50 pm

Unfortunately, not tied in close enough to know of any injuries outside of our own team.  My DD plays for (letting the proverbial cat of the bag here) Royle and we had an injury in the game against Evo.  Obviously, not what BigE was referring to but, unfortunately, as the girls get bigger and stronger, injuries will become more common place.

We would be ecstatic if the D1 title came down to Royle and WTX on the 20th (or whenever it would get played).....because, simply put, it would mean we were able to do well against a lot of the solid teams we have between then and now (Larry, DT Red, Shankly, the Warriors and the Aztecs).

HereForTheConvo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum