Latest topics
» Game of the Week:
by Son_ofa_Pitch Today at 04:57 pm

» Lake Highlands - Week 3
by Fightjunkie Today at 04:33 pm

» THE WARRIORS, #1 Ranked Team in NORTH TEXAS, Looking to add
by Futbol4life Today at 04:27 pm

» 07 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Today at 04:08 pm

» Futsal Training @ GameOn Fort Worth
by burlesonsole Today at 02:51 pm

» FBR09 Rankings September 18th, 2017
by boilerjoe_96 Today at 02:44 pm

» FBR 08 September 19th, 2017
by FBR08G Today at 11:45 am

» Looking for 08g
by DallasKicksGamez Today at 10:29 am

» Looking for players!!
by DallasKicksGamez Today at 10:23 am

» Coming soon!
by LP_Elite Today at 07:56 am

» Lady Aztecs FC West - Need 02/01 Players
by ladyaztecsfcwest Yesterday at 05:35 pm

» Ennis Thunder FC 03G (Midfield/forward needed)
by Speedy23 Yesterday at 02:37 pm

» Solar 08 Cavalle Blue - Goalkeeper
by FMSolar Yesterday at 02:20 pm

» Should Be Good
by Cam203030 Yesterday at 01:23 pm

» Can a rec player play as a guest with Selects at Tourney?
by tigerdad Yesterday at 12:00 pm

» Rumblings in 06 Land
by NoSpinZone Yesterday at 11:45 am

» 07 Girls Teams - League Challenge Cup (Nov. 17-19)
by Axel Foley Yesterday at 10:50 am

» FBR09 Rankings September 6th, 2017
by boilerjoe_96 Yesterday at 09:47 am

» 05 Talent Pool
by SkeetsG06 Yesterday at 08:18 am

» Game of the week 04
by Cam203030 17/09/17, 08:52 pm

» When you struggle to compete
by SoccerDad75033 17/09/17, 09:35 am

» Whats the word on Solar/FCD/Texans DA vs ECNL
by BigErn 15/09/17, 05:46 pm

» New Futsal league in N Ft Worth
by EagleMountainSportsPlex 15/09/17, 09:38 am

» 06 Girl forward
by Spence 15/09/17, 07:47 am

» Looking for Youth Large Kit FCD
by FcdDad06g/07b 14/09/17, 09:59 am

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11343 registered users
The newest registered user is soccerparenting101

Our users have posted a total of 162811 messages in 20441 subjects

LHGCL U12 Division Placement

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LHGCL U12 Division Placement

Post by Soccerboy on 06/08/15, 01:05 pm

CPP will be the saving grace for a lot of under qualified teams. Who would you give the 15 spot to? Would you move Sting West up to D1? Though Sting West would probably be a better choice than the 2nd Guit/Hilton team, they are unknown despite adding 8 new "upgraded" players

Soccerboy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 69
Join date : 2013-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL U12 Division Placement

Post by DukeGirl on 06/08/15, 01:24 pm

Lovin' me the former Redknapp parents doing some LP bashing Smile Is it my imagination or is there WAY less drama on the boys side? Methinks y'all take 12-year-old girls soccer much too seriously, just sayin'

DukeGirl
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Points : 1152
Join date : 2014-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL U12 Division Placement

Post by 10sDad on 06/08/15, 02:13 pm

DukeGirl wrote:Lovin' me the former Redknapp parents doing some LP bashing Smile Is it my imagination or is there WAY less drama on the boys side?  Methinks y'all take 12-year-old girls soccer much too seriously, just sayin'
Methinks DukeGirl likes the Kool-Aid.
avatar
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 448
Points : 2354
Join date : 2012-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL U12 Division Placement

Post by RocketDog on 06/08/15, 02:22 pm

You call this drama, dukegirl? I call it clarification.

And for the record, I am one parent. That would be singular. Not "parents."

Sort of like the redknapp "team." I believe that was singular as well.
avatar
RocketDog
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 39
Points : 1763
Join date : 2013-01-05

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL U12 Division Placement

Post by KnKsDad on 06/08/15, 02:47 pm

Soccerboy wrote:My understanding is that there are 2 teams. One is a "super team" which was created by taking the best of Guit and Hilton. The other  team is also good, but not "super".  In either case Sting should keep both D1 byes

For clarification are you meaning they should keep their byes for this upcoming season or are you meaning they should keep their byes for 2016/17 based on their expected performances in this upcoming season? If the latter, I would have to disagree with the caveat being that of CPP use. Sting as a club and these two teams in particular have been known to regularly share players and if neither team has a full roster of 18 there is high likelihood that the sharing will continue into the coming season which certainly would help improve the chances of both staying in D1.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 924
Points : 3018
Join date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL U12 Division Placement

Post by KnKsDad on 06/08/15, 03:01 pm

DukeGirl wrote:Lovin' me the former Redknapp parents doing some LP bashing Smile Is it my imagination or is there WAY less drama on the boys side?  Methinks y'all take 12-year-old girls soccer much too seriously, just sayin'

So I don't have to go back and read all the posts, please give some examples of that bashing. Seems to me the comments from folks were more directed towards the worthiness of either one of these two LP teams having an LH bye because of the constitution/competitiveness of their current rosters and not really having earned their spots as compared to other more deserving teams. If that is what you mean by LP bashing then that bashing is well deserved.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 924
Points : 3018
Join date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL U12 Division Placement

Post by Soccerboy on 06/08/15, 03:16 pm

I was actually referring to this seasons (15/16) bye.
However, the real elephant is LHGCL. 5 teams in current D1 don't belong. I understand the whole "weather" debate and don't want to rehash that argument, but the bottom D1 teams, teams 11-15 are going to have a long season. The bottom 5 D1 teams won't have Kicks and Angel and Mistangs to beat like they did last year. LH should have set D1 at 10 teams, (due to the freaky weather, I'll concede 12 teams, but definitely not 15).

Soccerboy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 69
Points : 1672
Join date : 2013-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL U12 Division Placement

Post by jogobonito06 on 06/08/15, 03:24 pm

LHGCL should go back to 12 getting in at U11 and forget all this nonsense.
avatar
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 267
Points : 1331
Join date : 2014-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL U12 Division Placement

Post by RocketDog on 06/08/15, 04:08 pm

Dukegirl....one more thing....did you ever get an answer to your self titled "stupid question" from last summer as to lh policy on pierced ears/earrings in games? Wow. Great post.

Now THAT was bashing.
avatar
RocketDog
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 39
Points : 1763
Join date : 2013-01-05

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL U12 Division Placement

Post by Sweet_feet99 on 06/08/15, 07:50 pm

SD69 wrote:??? How would Sting keep both D1 byes if the better players from the 15th ranked team left for the 8th ranked team. I can see the argument for the 8th placed team getting better, but don't understand the 15th seed getting better when losing their best players.

I'm guessing it would depend on what type of player the coach is looking for. Best player or best player that fits his/her system or style. My understanding is that Sting Hitlon has gotten much taller and is more physical now. And Sting G is shorter and more skillful. Not all sting players wanted to be on the so called Super Sting team. Both teams should be very competitive. I'm sure it's going to take sum time to build chemistry. That's just my opinion. Heck I could be way off.
avatar
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 385
Points : 2305
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL U12 Division Placement

Post by Sweet_feet99 on 06/08/15, 07:58 pm

Soccerboy wrote:I was actually referring to this seasons (15/16) bye.
However, the real elephant is LHGCL. 5 teams in current D1 don't belong. I understand the whole "weather" debate and don't want to rehash that argument, but the bottom D1 teams, teams 11-15 are going to have a long season. The bottom 5 D1 teams won't have Kicks and Angel and Mistangs to beat like they did last year. LH should have set D1 at 10 teams, (due to the freaky weather, I'll concede 12 teams, but definitely not 15).

I can't speak for all teams 11-15 but I can speak for one team in that group. One team will have just as many problems competing as any of the teams not in the top 5. Season ended the way it did, and I agree a few teams benefited from the rain. But a few teams also didn't get to take advantage of their being only 10 teams in D1. Guess we will have to wait and see how it all plays out. Some Teams that look good on paper aren't always as good as they think. And I think every team plays the same teams as everyone else. So everyone benefited from teams like kicks and Angel. But not every team 11-15 got to play those bottom teams.
avatar
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 385
Points : 2305
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

c'mon man

Post by Ivanovich on 06/08/15, 11:23 pm

Soccerboy wrote:I was actually referring to this seasons (15/16) bye.
However, the real elephant is LHGCL. 5 teams in current D1 don't belong. I understand the whole "weather" debate and don't want to rehash that argument, but the bottom D1 teams, teams 11-15 are going to have a long season. The bottom 5 D1 teams won't have Kicks and Angel and Mistangs to beat like they did last year. LH should have set D1 at 10 teams, (due to the freaky weather, I'll concede 12 teams, but definitely not 15).

This is entirely too sensible.  And probably correct.  Please stop posting.  And for future inspiration, see RocketDog's non-sequitur about some earrings post.  Who cares what that was about - that was misdirection genius.  

(Please lord, let me get a reply post that includes something about kool aid or that I'm a first time poster who must not be trusted.  I'll forgo my 12 year old's certain soccer scholarship in exchange for this simple wish.)

Ivanovich
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 1
Points : 775
Join date : 2015-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL U12 Division Placement

Post by KnKsDad on 07/08/15, 05:43 pm

Soccerboy wrote:I was actually referring to this seasons (15/16) bye.
However, the real elephant is LHGCL. 5 teams in current D1 don't belong. I understand the whole "weather" debate and don't want to rehash that argument, but the bottom D1 teams, teams 11-15 are going to have a long season. The bottom 5 D1 teams won't have Kicks and Angel and Mistangs to beat like they did last year. LH should have set D1 at 10 teams, (due to the freaky weather, I'll concede 12 teams, but definitely not 15).

You say you understand the whole weather debate and don't want to rehash that argument, so why do you bring it up and make the strong statement that 5 teams in current D1 don't belong? The whole weather thing is the reason for the situation to begin with. Is your purpose simply to get a dig at teams 11-15? Since my DD's team is in that 11-15 group I take a little exception to the digs. Just curious, is your team at the bottom end of that top ten that will have to fight tooth and nail against 11-15 to keep a D1 bye? Or perhaps did your team not make the cut and you feel slighted because you belong in that 11-15 conversation?  I guess the part about not belonging has yet to be determined. As was stated by someone else, even the top 10 teams got the benefit of padding their win totals by playing the bottom few last season and additionally not every team in that 11-15 group got to play all of their remaining games against teams in that bottom few. Also, the weather not only caused games to be cancelled, but also shifted the order of the original schedule all around. Who's to know what the rankings would have looked like had the order of the games remained the same but the season still cut short. Shucks, I guess I allowed myself to be drawn into a rehashing, my bad. One last thing though, one could make the argument that there are a few top 10 teams that, on paper, currently shouldn't be in D1 either due to offseason changes, but I guess that also will be decided on the field.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 924
Points : 3018
Join date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL U12 Division Placement

Post by Soccerboy on 08/08/15, 09:40 am

The dig was actually pointed at LHGCL, not any particular team or DD.
1. LH squandered away fair weather day with lack of planning
2. LH should have let the season "be settled on the field", by renting some turf fields
3. LH could have done a better job setting the brackets. 3 of the top 15 teams had no mathematically chance of making a10 team division 1
4. Due to LH's gaffs, lower division teams will have a hard to impossible chance to advance after this season.

Soccerboy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 69
Points : 1672
Join date : 2013-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL U12 Division Placement

Post by Sweet_feet99 on 08/08/15, 10:03 am

Soccerboy wrote:The dig was actually pointed at LHGCL, not any particular team or DD.  
1. LH  squandered away fair weather day with lack of planning
2. LH should have let the season "be settled on the field", by renting some turf fields
3.  LH could have done a better job setting the brackets.  3 of the top 15 teams had no mathematically chance of making a10 team division 1
4. Due to LH's gaffs, lower division teams will have a hard to impossible chance to advance after this season.
cheers

Well when you put it like that, I agree. Wanted to see how things were going to end. Let's see what teams took advantage of LH mistakes.
avatar
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 385
Points : 2305
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum