North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

03 The Plano Labor Day Invitational Tournament - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

03 The Plano Labor Day Invitational Tournament

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

03 The Plano Labor Day Invitational Tournament - Page 2 Empty Re: 03 The Plano Labor Day Invitational Tournament

Post by YANKS ON THE PITCH 21/08/15, 10:28 am

SameGameNewName wrote:Before we mail in the results a little history....
Teams in Plano tournament vs. Solar Hopkins Last 3 matches between the teams.
FWFC
1-1 08/30/2014 TIE
0-0 2/8/2015 TIE
1-0 2/8/2015 FWFC WON
ELITE
1-1 TIE 10/26/14
2-0 ELITE WON 11/16/2014
0-0 TIE 05/04/2015
0-0 PK  SOLAR WON 06/06/2015
STING G
1-2 SOLAR WON 5/29/14
0-1 SOLAR WON 09/06/2014
3-1 STING WON 06/07/2015

I said I walked out on a thick secure limb with my prediction but by no means is this a lock for Solar to win.  These 5-6 have the fire power and the history of playing them well (FWBlack, Elite, Gut, Hilton, OK) they will bring some competition. One World South Tex may surprise some folks as well, my dark horse!

YANKS ON THE PITCH
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

03 The Plano Labor Day Invitational Tournament - Page 2 Empty Re: 03 The Plano Labor Day Invitational Tournament

Post by SolarPower00 21/08/15, 10:45 am

SameGameNewName wrote:The Gold Standard of soccer rankings.
Youth Soccer Rankings

Really accurate! Not sure how they do it but puts the gotsoccer rankings to shame

And Yanks, One World is very athletic but not ready for our NTX top5.
Last year they played in the silver division in the PLD
I expect them to get gold status this year though
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by justme76 21/08/15, 11:23 am

SolarPower00 wrote:
SameGameNewName wrote:The Gold Standard of soccer rankings.
Youth Soccer Rankings

Really accurate! Not sure how they do it but puts the gotsoccer rankings to shame

And Yanks, One World is very athletic but not ready for our NTX top5.
Last year they played in the silver division in the PLD
I expect them to get gold status this year though

This brings up another fun question then.   Last year there were 4 brackets, gold and 3 silvers.    Aside from the obvious teams, who gets into gold this year?

justme76
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 21/08/15, 11:53 am

[/quote] I said I walked out on a thick secure limb with my prediction but by no means is this a lock for Solar to win.  These 5-6 have the fire power and the history of playing them well (FWBlack, Elite, Gut, Hilton, OK) they will bring some competition. One World South Tex may surprise some folks as well, my dark horse![/quote]

One World is aggressive and athletic, but not ready for the top 5 or even 10. They won last weekend in Austin against Sting Flanny 3-2, after they lost to them 4-1. LOTS of kickball. I wouldn't pick them to make it out of bracket unless they get a lucky draw.

Last edited by jj4mel on 21/08/15, 02:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrenalinetx 21/08/15, 12:44 pm

I know a lot about hopkins and his style of coaching. As far as your daughter well it's called playing against your team!

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 21/08/15, 12:58 pm

Adrenalinetx wrote:I know a lot about hopkins and his style of coaching. As far as your daughter well it's called playing against your team!  

Really?  You haven't said anything really about his style of coaching other than he likes speed.  But you know his parents like to win, don't all competitive parents like to win?  I don't think I know one person that doesn't like to win.  You also know or stated that he's going to keep his son busy with personal skills training.  You know ALOT to not have been associated with the team.  Please just stop before I really call out who you are on this forum.  Nothing like bitter parents to keep the drama going.  I'm going to let you have it as I said earlier so you may continue to vent and express your displeasure for the man, team and/or parents.  I don't have anything against you or yours, but you obviously are holding a grudge.  Just let it go...........
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 21/08/15, 01:16 pm

2ddsinsoccer wrote:
Adrenalinetx wrote:I know a lot about hopkins and his style of coaching. As far as your daughter well it's called playing against your team!  

Really?  You haven't said anything really about his style of coaching other than he likes speed.  But you know his parents like to win, don't all competitive parents like to win?  I don't think I know one person that doesn't like to win.  You also know or stated that he's going to keep his son busy with personal skills training.  You know ALOT to not have been associated with the team.  Please just stop before I really call out who you are on this forum.  Nothing like bitter parents to keep the drama going.  I'm going to let you have it as I said earlier so you may continue to vent and express your displeasure for the man, team and/or parents.  I don't have anything against you or yours, but you obviously are holding a grudge.  Just let it go...........

I have no dog in Adrenaline's hunt, but my DD has competed against yours since the early Juventes days at Primetime even in 3v3. I know how your DD plays, I know how you manage the sideline and I know a LOT about Hopkins coaching technique and his skills sessions. Never played for your team, but have competed against your DD for so many years, everyone eventually gets to know everyone and EVERYONE talks. Good and Bad. That is how we get to know other coaches and teams. Heck, I even see 1/4 of the parents from your team posting on Facebook. Too small of a community to not know something about everyone in soccer.

I am looking forward to another season watching my DD competing against Solar Hopkins and the rest of the teams this year. I think it is going to be an exciting season.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 21/08/15, 01:29 pm

Yeah JJ but his comments are personal.  I don't know anyone who always has something negative to say about a team they've never played for.  Every time the team is mentioned in a thread, Adrenaline has something negative to add.  It's all good.  No need to defend good ole Adrenaline.  We go way back don't we Adrenaline???  

Tell me JJ, do you know Jon Hopkins son does personal skills training for our team?  I mean of course you do now but before I said it did you know it?  I haven't seen you at any of the local parks or JP II when he's there doing it and it is nothing that is advertised.  

Adrenaline is a former parent and is bitter.  There is a difference in comments when you just know of a team or situation and when comments are personal.  Kind of like the LW haters and DM haters, those were all parents that used to be on those teams.  He can have his beef, that's fine.  Lets just not try to pretend that it isn't personal.  

When something is directed at me, I will address it.  Adrenaline said our parents like to WIN.  That is correct, we do, right alone with everyone else. Sting parents, FCD parents, Texans parents, etc. all like to win too yet I don't find any comments where Adrenaline chimed in on those teams. Say Solar Chelsea and he's all over it.
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 21/08/15, 02:29 pm

2ddsinsoccer wrote:Yeah JJ but his comments are personal.  I don't know anyone who always has something negative to say about a team they've never played for.  Every time the team is mentioned in a thread, Adrenaline has something negative to add.  It's all good.  No need to defend good ole Adrenaline.  We go way back don't we Adrenaline???  

Tell me JJ, do you know Jon Hopkins son does personal skills training for our team?  I mean of course you do now but before I said it did you know it?  I haven't seen you at any of the local parks or JP II when he's there doing it and it is nothing that is advertised.  

Adrenaline is a former parent and is bitter.  There is a difference in comments when you just know of a team or situation and when comments are personal.  Kind of like the LW haters and DM haters, those were all parents that used to be on those teams.  He can have his beef, that's fine.  Lets just not try to pretend that it isn't personal.  

When something is directed at me, I will address it.  Adrenaline said our parents like to WIN.  That is correct, we do, right alone with everyone else. Sting parents, FCD parents, Texans parents, etc. all like to win too yet I don't find any comments where Adrenaline chimed in on those teams. Say Solar Chelsea and he's all over it.

I knew about the skills practices from a SRSA parent. I personally heard they were good sessions. If they were closer, I would be inclined to send my DD out.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrenalinetx 21/08/15, 03:21 pm

Lol I am not a former parent and not bitter. Let's get that straight ! I haven't said one negative thing about coach hopkins nor the players. Yes parents like to win I get that but at the same time you want the team to get challenged as well. Some one posted that comment and I agree. That's why I give props to sting g and srsa for going outside the box and try something new.

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Neo 21/08/15, 03:41 pm

And what are they doing differently?
Neo
Neo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrenalinetx 21/08/15, 04:06 pm

Well srsa plays up in lake highland and will play a few tournament up as well. Sting G lately including a few tourney at the end of last year where playing up (meaning 02s). I know fc dallas premier and fc dallas red have also played a few tourney up.

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Neo 21/08/15, 04:17 pm

Most of the competitive teams do. I know DTS, FWFC, STING G, FCD ELITE, and FCD RED have done so this Summer. I'm sure we are missing a few as well. FCD ELITE and DTS have won and I'm sure I am missing some others off the top of my head. Several of the others have made the finals etc. In fact it is kind of an "in the box" approach.
Neo
Neo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrenalinetx 21/08/15, 04:19 pm

Yeah exactly.

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca 21/08/15, 07:18 pm

Let me start by saying that I am not a hater of the organization that is Solar. I admire how the club has been able to signifcantly dominate, recruit, and acquire the best 03 talent in NTX. Although I have never taken my dd out for a tryout, I would if I were able to just to see where she would fit in. But as I have stated on numerous occasions, its about playing time. Since my dd gets it and is satisfied with where she is at, then I won't mess with a good thing. I love winning just as much as anyone else does and I would love for it to happen on a consistant basis. However, I some how feel that I might get bored already knowing that there is little to no competition to play and you already know the outcome before it happens. In such a scenario, I would want to hope that my dd would get challenged from time to time by trying something different. Not sure if select girls are allowed to play vs boys but I might look at that if playing up does not work out. Playing up would make the most logic but I have to believe the only reasonable conclusion as to why they do not choose to play up in tournaments/league is because SRSA is already in the 02 world, which is why Solar C. stays in the 03 world. Say what you will about their model, but I think there is more to it than we have thought about.

ECNL is right around the corner. It is obvious that there are only 11 positions on the field at one time. What is the best way for me to ensure that my club gets the best 22-24 dds to play consistant time before ECNL? Have two rock solid Pre-ECNL teams to create the ECNL Squad. Voila! What a plan!! Sting and FCD are doing it with their multiple clubs. Not sure about Texans plan since it is well known that GA operates on his own and rarely do you see the player shuffling, CPP, tournament guesting outside of his own South teams and Feet is the club who hasn't figured this out yet. There is hope for Feet with their two 04 squads and expansion to the south in the future.

Ultimately, the real test of which club is the best 03 club will play itself out in the ECNL world. There is too much sharing of players back and forth to truly get a good gauge of whose club/team is better. As of right now, the best 03 team(s) is in the Solar world. With that comes the big target on your back because everyone is out to dethrone consistent winners. This plays itself out all time whether it is the SEC, Patriots, Yankees, Cowboys, etc... Everyone likes a good cinderella story.  Unfortunately, there won't be any cinderellas in Plano nor in LHGCL. We all know how it will play out barring any massive change, Solar Chelsea is the GOLD standard in our division. We should all be so lucky to have our dds start on a team like theirs. Kuddos to your past and future success!! In the meantime, lets have some fun and enjoy the games that are coming. Life is too short and our kids are growing too fast. I look forward to our match ups with any Solar team and will pray like hell that we win them all.
Barca
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrenalinetx 21/08/15, 07:42 pm

Well said!!!

cheers

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Neo 21/08/15, 10:45 pm

OK, I'm now officially convinced this is some kind of Book Club or something.
Neo
Neo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 21/08/15, 11:36 pm

Barca wrote:There is hope for Feet with their two 04 squads and expansion to the south in the future.

Barca, are you saying that JK is the D'Feeter's messiah?
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca 22/08/15, 08:09 am

RightWingDad wrote:
Barca wrote:There is hope for Feet with their two 04 squads and expansion to the south in the future.

Barca, are you saying that JK is the D'Feeter's messiah?
Sure, as long as he doesn't screw it up. Rolling Eyes
Now back to my study
Barca
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Neo 22/08/15, 10:17 am

That is awesome Barca! Thanks for the chuckle.
Neo
Neo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DDteach15 22/08/15, 03:17 pm

Which 16 teams will be placed in gold this year?

DDteach15
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by YANKS ON THE PITCH 22/08/15, 05:06 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:ANDROMEDA FC 03G GOLD
ANDROMEDA FC 03G BLUE
ASC 03 GIRLS XTREME
AUSTIN TEXANS 03G NTH
AUSTIN TEXANS 03G RED NTH
BATON ROUGE SA BRSC 03 G BLACK GOLD
CABOSA SHREVEPORT UNITED '03G BLUE
CVFC 03 RED GOLD
CYCLONES FC CYCLONES GST 03GMAYBE
DALLAS TEXANS 03G DALLAS GOLD
DALLAS TEXANS 03G RED DALLAS (F ANDROMEDA 03G RED)
D'FEETERS 03 PFEIL GOLD
ECLIPSE SC 03G
FC DALLAS 03G NORTH
FC DALLAS ETX 03 GIRLS LEDESMA
FC DALLAS WTX 03G RICHARDSON
FC DALLAS YOUTH 03G ELITE (F:LFC AMERICA 03G ELITE) GOLD
FC DALLAS YOUTH ETX 03G GALVAN (FMR ETUFC 03G)
FC DALLAS YOUTH FC DALLAS 03G EAST
FC Dribble E$$ 03G
FC FRISCO XTREME 03G
FORT WORTH FC 03G BLACK GOLD
GRAPEVINE SOUTHLAKE SA THUNDER 03G BLACK
HOUSTON EXPRESS 03G NAVY
HOUSTON EXPRESS 03G WHITE MAYBE
HPSA SCOTS 03G
LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 03 GIRLS BARNES
LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 03 GIRLS SHANKLY
LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 04 GIRLS ELITE
MAYA F.C. MANCHESTER UNITED RED
MCLOUD SA (TRI-LAKES) FEARLESS RED 03
MUSTANGS FC 03 BUSSEY MAYBE
MUSTANGS FC 03 WILSON
NEOFC 03 BLUE
NORTHEAST SOCCER SW RUSH PREDATOR 03 MAYBE
NYSA FURY 03 MAYBE
ODYSSEY '03 GIRLS BLUE
ODYSSEY 03G GOLD
OKLAHOMA FC OFC 03 GOLD
OKLAHOMA FC OFC 03 WHITE
ONE WORLD SOCCER 03 GIRLS GOLD
SA UNITED 03 GIRLS BLACK MAYBE
SAO PAULO FC 03G SEDEH(F:SOLAR03ROYAL)
SOLAR CHELSEA 03GGOLD
SPACE CITY FC SCFC 03G
SPARTA FC 03G GOLD
SPORTING ARKANSAS 03G RED
SPORTS GROUP 1 SG1 03G BLACK
STING 03G GUTIERREZGOLD
STING 03G HILTONGOLD
STING AUSTIN 03G
STING CENTRAL 03 SKAIFE MAYBE
STING EAST 03G DUNSTAN MAYBE
STING EAST 03G SHEPARD F:FCDALLAS 03G EAST RED
STING NORTH 03G LARRY
STORM FC 03
TEXAS FURY 03 SHEPHARD
TEXAS SPIRIT 03G CENTRAL
TEXAS SPIRIT NORTH 03 (FMR LP RUSH) GOLD
TEXAS THUNDER 03G
TRI-LAKE FEARLESSF14
TSC HURRICANE 03 BANHAM GOLD
TSC HURRICANE 03 SHARP
TUSC BLITZ UNITED 03 GIRLS GOLD
VELOCITY FC TX 03G

My 16 but gave myself some MAYBE's.  I would be shocked if LP Elite gets GOLD???
YANKS ON THE PITCH
YANKS ON THE PITCH
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchfit 22/08/15, 05:57 pm

So much has changed between all of these teams. A strong portion of the cosmos went to solar, a strong portion of solar went to Sting Gutierrez, FC premier and red gained a few. The reality is that until everyone has an opportunity to play each other with their actual teams, and families are back from vacation, we won't know how to predict anything. I'm certain PLDT will be a good indication of what the season has in store. Unless there are guest players.

Pitchfit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrenalinetx 22/08/15, 06:25 pm

Team will have guest players better believe it!

Last edited by Adrenalinetx on 23/08/15, 12:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 22/08/15, 06:28 pm

Too bad DTS with their Fever crew is not in this tournament. GA always fields a winning side somehow.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca 22/08/15, 08:00 pm

RightWingDad wrote:Too bad DTS with their Fever crew is not in this tournament. GA always fields a winning side somehow.
Historically, they go to Austin.
Barca
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next