Latest topics
» 06 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 09:34 am

» FBR 09G April 30th 2017
by FBR07G Today at 09:30 am

» 2011's Academy Team - Wylie Area
by Mutiny06G Maroon Yesterday at 09:50 pm

» Sting Select Partial Kit #4 YM
by Fightjunkie Yesterday at 09:44 pm

» Beat the Heat Tournament (Edmond, OK)
by KeeperCommander Yesterday at 08:51 pm

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 04:35 pm

» TOURNAMENT: U90C Labor Day Open - Sept 1-4
by U90C Yesterday at 02:51 pm

» U8 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 02:49 pm

» Register Now: Fall 2017 U6-U10 Academy Leagues
by Soccergoal Yesterday at 01:18 pm

» Dallas Texans 2016 Kit #5 (Select)
by unknowingmom Yesterday at 12:40 pm

» 08 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 10:41 am

» U7 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 10:40 am

» Solar 08 Cavalle - Flower Mound
by FMSolar Yesterday at 09:54 am

» Turf Cup 3v3 Tournament - August 19th & 20th
by Soccer08 Yesterday at 08:03 am

» Need a Keeper - RedHots FC 05G
by RH05G 20/08/17, 10:16 pm

» 8'x24' Flat Double-Sided Training Goals Plus Cart
by JustaSport 20/08/17, 08:54 pm

» schedules Lake highlands classic league
by Soccermomma2017 20/08/17, 08:45 pm

» Schedule for Lakehighlands Girls 07
by Soccermomma2017 20/08/17, 08:26 pm

» Tatu's Sting 00' & 01' ECNL Open Tryout Schedule
by Zizou 20/08/17, 12:02 pm

» Sting 2011 Shepard
by skills 20/08/17, 11:37 am

» Trophy Hunting?
by Onlychild 20/08/17, 11:10 am

» Sting Academy Kit #23 - Youth Medium/Small
by s@ccerm@m 20/08/17, 10:39 am

» FS: NWT FC Dallas Jerseys
by mcbeal42 20/08/17, 10:32 am

» Sting Kit For Sale AS
by 8701tx 19/08/17, 02:32 pm

» Sports Organization Management Software Jevin Dan Ptak TX
by KeeperCommander 19/08/17, 01:12 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11291 registered users
The newest registered user is GRANITZA12

Our users have posted a total of 161614 messages in 20313 subjects

03 LH Week 1 Predictions

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 03 LH Week 1 Predictions

Post by backinbusiness on 31/08/15, 12:34 am

crazyball wrote:
backinbusiness wrote:I was able to see the DTS and FWFC game... DTS keeper had 0 saves.... FWFC keeper had at least 3 saves. True, both missed off the crossbar but DTS played better soccer and had more opportunities... Looking at both teams I can see where DTS can get better but FWFC are at their peak... GA may need to move some players around. Also, Spirit scored but was "offsides" then they outplayed Elite.  Great keeper play from Spirit.  G should have had at least 3 in the first 5 minutes.... After that F outplayed them... F has size!!  D1 should be very interesting this year.

Sounds like you had alot of time on your hands today to know so much about so many games.  Interesting.

Sure did!!!! Actually you could see 4 games from one spot. Plus I have friends who dds play for the mentioned teams and we talked about the games when we ALL went to eat at Chilli's.

backinbusiness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer on 31/08/15, 08:33 am

I got to watch some minutes of several of the games yesterday.  My 98's team finished up their game on 5 so I hung a round to catch a few of the match-ups.  I got to watch more of the Hilton/Mutiny game because we have 6 former players on that team.   They aren't a bad team at all and after watching them play, I'd say they will stun a few more teams this season.   Last year, they were a team put together last minute in order to retain a bye.   This year they have more chemistry and have added more talent and I think they will improve.  While I only saw one card given (not saying there weren't more) I only saw one though, I don't think they were intentional fouls. Sometimes those non-intentional fouls really hurt too and can look bad but still not be done on purpose.  Believe me when I say I've seen intentional fouls and what kind of serious injuries can occur.  I didn't hear any parents yelling to take anyone out and the Coach is a pretty cool dude so I don't think he'd teach such behavior.  There are a couple of girls on the team though that came from other teams, one that even broke one of our girls foot but even then, I don't think she tried to do it.  Mutiny led the game until nearly 10 minutes left when Hilton tied it up with a PK in the box.  From what I saw the Coach made some defensive changes and then Hilton scored again.  Had that switch not have happened, it was likely they would have ended in a tie.  

Hilton might have slept on Mutiny as I think I lot of teams will and go in over confident.  Hilton is not a bad team but Mutiny is also not as bad as everyone thinks.  I stayed to watch the game and catch up with old friends while the younger DD went to watch another former teammate play on Cosmos.  Now that game, I'm not sure what happened Cosmos just couldn't seem to find a rhythm.  I think they have too many new pieces and haven't quite gelled yet.  

DTS and FWFC battled it out like Backinbusiness stated.  They looked pretty evenly matched to me and I saw both miss opportunities that could have been game changers.  Of all the games, I can say with certainty that whichever team had the wind had the upper hand in that half on all the games except for Sting G and F who scored their goals against the wind.

I saw both scores of the Sting G and F games but didn't see much else so I can't tell you about that game.   The Spirit/Elite match up was too far away so I couldn't tell you much about that game either.   I saw the first score as I stopped to talk to one of the parents who was serving as Field Marshall and thought Elite was going to run away with it but found out later that was the only score of the game.  So while I always thought it was impossible to watch so many games at the same time and always gave my "yeah right" to those who have said they've done it, I found out yesterday it is possible to catch a glimpse of at least  4 games at once if you're standing in the right spot.

Last edited by 2ddsinsoccer on 31/08/15, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer on 31/08/15, 10:08 am

Just set up camp on field 5 and you can generally watch some of all the games.

Spoke with a few parents this morning and from what I was told it was your typical first week of LH's. If you were fortunate to come out of week one with a win count yourself lucky.

Solar was solar and has the most consistent offense in the age group. DFT is probably cursing the weather from last spring.
Sting G/Sting F - Sting G put pressure on early but Sting F didn't break. Apparently the forwards for Sting F are going to cause a size mismatch for most defenders. Sting G might be the most bi-polar team in the age group. Tied this game but will probably come out and win the PLD Tournament.
FCD Elite/TX Spirit - If both teams would have hit their point blank shots the score could have been 8-5 Elite (or something like that). Spirit keeper played very well by all accounts and the goal that went in was just a great header that she couldn't have stopped.
FWFC/DTS - Pretty much heard the same as 2DD relayed it. Evenly matched. DTS is still trying to figure a few things out lineup wise. If they can find the right pieces they should have some success.
Mutiny/Sting H - Didn't hear anything about it but from the sounds of things this would have been interesting to watch.
Cosmos/FCD R - Red has quietly put together a really good team. Playing with a ton of confidence. Cosmos is still a work in process. Lost quite a bit and it's going to take a bit to get things going again.
FCD P/Andromeda - Sloppy was the word used to describe this game.

From the feedback I got the only real shock was Sting G and Sting F, other than that the teams that played better ended up getting the W's. Sounds like it's going to be a fun season for some of you all. Good luck.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthDallasSoccer on 31/08/15, 11:31 am

2ddsinsoccer wrote:Believe me when I say I've seen intentional fouls and what kind of serious injuries can occur.  I didn't hear any parents yelling to take anyone out and the Coach is a pretty cool dude so I don't think he'd teach such behavior.  There are a couple of girls on the team though that came from other teams, one that even broke one of our girls foot but even then, I don't think she tried to do it.  Mutiny lead the game until nearly 10 minutes left when Hilton tied it up with a PK in the box.

Alex would immediately sit anyone he thought was trying to harm another girl. Immediately. I would imagine he'd release her if it happened repeatedly. Of all the coaches in NTX I've been around, he's the most concerned with this sort of thing; even moreso now that he's President of the club.

And yes, the combination of new talent and time to gel has led to a much more cohesive unit on the pitch.
NorthDallasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Till-I-Collapse on 31/08/15, 12:22 pm

So NorthDallas --- how many yellow cards were issued yesterday?
Till-I-Collapse
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthDallasSoccer on 31/08/15, 12:54 pm

Till-I-Collapse wrote:So NorthDallas --- how many yellow cards were issued yesterday?

I don't know - I wasn't at the game. I'm simply speaking to Alex's lack of patience for unsportsmanlike play. That goes all the way back to his Dallas Inter days.

NorthDallasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthDallasSoccer on 31/08/15, 01:52 pm

Achilles kicks would be a straight red. So the yellows and whatever you are alleging are not connected. Again, if Alex knew of any deliberate attempt to injure that player would be gone.

I've been witness to far worse and multiple threats and the offended players simply made the ref aware and it all stopped. What you are suggesting has no place in this league.
NorthDallasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer on 31/08/15, 02:14 pm

Well time will tell if this was just a one time deal for this player or if it's a chronic issue. Clearly by now Alex is aware of the issue. Unfortunately the team has a bad reputation it seems. I have no idea if it's warranted or not since I haven't watched them play.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer on 31/08/15, 03:15 pm

I saw all 3 goals.  The 1st one Mutiny got off the rebound and then Hilton pulled his keeper.  The 2nd goal Hilton got off the pk and then the one Hilton scored right after the defensive switch which could have been made because of a player card.  The card I did see I thought came after that second goal but hey, I could be wrong.  I figured the game was about over then so I left.  I only saw one card but like I said earlier, that didn't mean they didn't happen.  I thought I was clear in stating that I was also checking out the other games going on on fields 3 and 5 respectively so the other cards could have happened when I turned away.

Out, I'm not trying to discredit you, I only stated what I saw which was the one.  I'm clearly not a fan of dirty play and I'm sorry if your DD got hurt because of it.  I wasn't up close and personal.  It very well could have been intentional, or just as well could not have been. I know parents sometimes encourage their kids to take such actions. I stood up on the hill near the field 5 flag with some friends and was away from the goal your team was shooting on in the 2nd half.  Time will tell if it continues to be a pattern and I REALLY hope its not.  Mutiny the underdog will be my favorite this season next to Solar Chelsea 03. Laughing
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on 31/08/15, 03:56 pm

2dd...I don't feel like you attempted to discredit me. It's not hard to count yellows as they happen so infrequently in LHGCL that one card is shocking, two is down right unbelievable and three is like a siting of the Lochness Monster -- you won't forget it and it may never happen again.

This will hopefully be my last post on that subject as the team, coach and offender is someone else's problem now. My DD wasn't injured and moved off the forward position mid-way through the 1st half and into the midfield so I stopped watching those particular shenanigans. I'm told that they continued with that child and the replacement forward but I didn't specifically see it then so I can't confirm nor deny it.

This being the most insignificant year of my DD's soccer career I'm a little more sensitive to injury proned shameful play than usual. However, like Drake said to Meek Mill in "Back 2 Back"...

"Whoa, very important and very pretentious...
When I look back I might be mad that I gave this attention..."
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ISEEYOU on 31/08/15, 10:07 pm

Is this the same coach that disappeared from his team for an extended period of time last season? When did this guy become such a standard of excellence?
ISEEYOU
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthDallasSoccer on 31/08/15, 11:18 pm

ICU wrote:Is this the same coach that disappeared from his team for an extended period of time last season? When did this guy become such a standard of excellence?

Nope. You must be thinking of someone else.
NorthDallasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum