2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» NCAA Women's Soccer Championships Today!
by Spolar Today at 09:10 am

» Parent brawl
by Zizou Today at 08:47 am

» Thanksgiving Mini-Camp - EPT & Full Circle Futbol
by fcdallas06west Today at 12:47 am

» Liverpool Red White & Blue Cup
by Liverpool Tournaments Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Liverpool Red White & Blue Cup
by Liverpool Tournaments Yesterday at 11:35 pm

» No More BW!
by RightWingDad Yesterday at 10:50 pm

» New To Area
by McKinneyLocal Yesterday at 03:15 pm

» D'Feeters 08 JDL (Colón)
by pingo99 Yesterday at 11:44 am

» ISO Dallas Texans L/S Black Game Jerseys ****NEED ASAP****
by justsayin02 Yesterday at 11:06 am

» DA Composite
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 06:48 am

» Showcase tips requested
by Wildone 17/11/17, 08:38 pm

» FBR09 Rankings November 6th, 2017
by ProphAC 17/11/17, 07:50 pm

» NEW Texas Spirit 09 - Clark @ Pit Plano!
by acst 17/11/17, 04:07 pm

» Will ECNL survive?
by greaterisHe 17/11/17, 04:04 pm

» 04 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:22 pm

» 09 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:21 pm

» 05 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:15 pm

» What will be medicine mans next move??
by KeeperCommander 17/11/17, 01:24 pm

» 03 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:45 am

» 05 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:44 am

» TOURNAMENT: UPPER 90 CHALLENGE - December 1-3, 2017
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:42 am

» 04 Girls Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 17/11/17, 09:35 am

» DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking
by KeeperCommander 17/11/17, 08:22 am

» Dallas International Girls Cup 2018
by Jugglemaster 17/11/17, 12:45 am

» U10 Girls / 2008 Girls Team Needed for Saturday and Sunday
by CDA SOCCER 16/11/17, 09:59 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11433 registered users
The newest registered user is Liverpool Tournaments

Our users have posted a total of 165418 messages in 20813 subjects

Lake Highlands Officiating

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lake Highlands Officiating

Post by twotone on 14/09/15, 10:04 pm

Dallas Cup recruits refs from all over the world. I ended up in the homestay program expecting to host a team with my club and ended up hosting 2 referees from Japan. I think they list all the states and countries the refs are from in the program. My refs were in a group that included a Women's World Cup referee.

Different experience hosting refs for Dallas Cup than players, though.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit on 14/09/15, 10:25 pm

CBTeamworks wrote:
CUZete90 wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:
Lefty wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:Just curious but what percentage of refs speak english?

I don't think it matters a bit.  Some of the best ones I've see as far as seeing and controlling the game as well as getting their message across didn't speak a bit of English.

Were they legal to work in this country or paid in cash? Also curious if their job requires background checks like coaches do?

Looks like someone had a little time on their hands sitting in their seat at the AAC tonight waiting for the Donald Trump rally to start. Rolling Eyes

Sounds like you don't know and don't care. BTW, if they don't speak english then most likely they're undocumented and there would be no way to do a background check for an official that works with our kids.
CBT,  you are so clueless on so many levels.... Who brings that crap here?? Your 2 questions and 2 statements revealed more about you than I cared to know. I think Cuz offered some good advice-take that crap to to the trump rally.  

By the way- I DO KNOW AND I DO CARE--Don't hide your bias behind "our children". Geez!

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks on 15/09/15, 11:47 am

I'm not biased against legal immigrants that use the English language. I am biased against illegal immigrants who crossed our borders illegally (they've broken our laws). I don't have a problem with Spanish speaking refs as long as they can also speak English. Pretty simple. No reason for any of our leagues to be using any illegal immigrants. Every reason for all officials to have to undergo background checks just like coaches. If you disagree with this then please explain yourself.
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan on 15/09/15, 12:11 pm

I have to firmly agree all officials would have background checks prior to being on the field. I know in Texas Assocoation of Sports Officials (TASO), it is mandatory. TASO covers officiating in many high school sports including football.
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrenalinetx on 15/09/15, 12:55 pm

Wow!!!!

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone on 15/09/15, 01:43 pm

This is insane. All referees are registered with US Soccer, thru US Youth Soccer, thru North Texas Soccer. There's 3 background checks for you right there.

Still has nothing to do with the ability to speak English being necessary to referee a youth soccer game. Still has nothing to do with illegal immigration.

CBT, you're over your head on this one and dead wrong. Surely your last name is Running Bear and you're a registered Native American considering most everyone in this country came from somewhere else.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack on 15/09/15, 02:01 pm

I think we should build a wall around the UTD Fields and make the Mexican Refs pay for it.
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15/09/15, 02:32 pm

soccerjack wrote:I think we should build a wall around the UTD Fields and make the Mexican Refs pay for it.

I nominate CBT to head up gate duty checking passports and green cards.

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad on 15/09/15, 02:45 pm

As long as a ref can run well enough to get into position to see the play at hand, and be willing to call it as he see's it....That's pretty much all I need from a CR's and AR's...and it does not depend on language spoken.

I don't mind them missing a call here and there but I get really perturbed when they stay near center circle and miss-call something in the corner...or miss it totally. A lazy ref is without excuse.
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack on 15/09/15, 02:53 pm

If you elect me as LH Commish, I will send all the Mexican refs packing and bring in good looking Czech women to officiate for free, might even find a future wife. The problem is the current Commish does not know how to negotiate a good soccer deal. This will not cost anyone a dime. Trust me.
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Kit Wankers Beware on 15/09/15, 03:25 pm

soccerjack wrote:If you elect me as LH Commish, I will send all the Mexican refs packing and bring in good looking Czech women to officiate for free, might even find a future wife.  The problem is the current Commish does not know how to negotiate a good soccer deal.  This will not cost anyone a dime.  Trust me.

LOL, I see what you did there.  Now get out of the GOP kit and get back to work.
Full Kit Wankers Beware
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleansheets on 15/09/15, 04:28 pm

Packrabbit wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:
CUZete90 wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:
Lefty wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:Just curious but what percentage of refs speak english?

I don't think it matters a bit.  Some of the best ones I've see as far as seeing and controlling the game as well as getting their message across didn't speak a bit of English.

Were they legal to work in this country or paid in cash? Also curious if their job requires background checks like coaches do?

Looks like someone had a little time on their hands sitting in their seat at the AAC tonight waiting for the Donald Trump rally to start. Rolling Eyes

Sounds like you don't know and don't care. BTW, if they don't speak english then most likely they're undocumented and there would be no way to do a background check for an official that works with our kids.
CBT,  you are so clueless on so many levels.... Who brings that crap here?? Your 2 questions and 2 statements revealed more about you than I cared to know. I think Cuz offered some good advice-take that crap to to the trump rally.  

By the way- I DO KNOW AND I DO CARE--Don't hide your bias behind "our children". Geez!

Why do you have to bring our next President into this? Shocked

Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleansheets on 15/09/15, 04:33 pm

I second soccerjack as commish. We can call him Commissioner Gordon and we'll get him a red phone that lights up. That way he can call go99 when the refs don't do what we want them to.

Last edited by Cleansheets on 15/09/15, 04:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Left off an "s")

Back to top Go down

Post by Sho'Nuff on 15/09/15, 05:04 pm

cheers
RightWingDad wrote:As long as a ref can run well enough to get into position to see the play at hand, and be willing to call it as he see's it....That's pretty much all I need from a CR's and AR's...and it does not depend on language spoken.

I don't mind them missing a call here and there but I get really perturbed when they stay near center circle and miss-call something in the corner...or miss it totally. A lazy ref is without excuse.
cheers

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad on 17/09/15, 08:25 am

When a player cannot beat another player with skill, they resort to physical play...the more the skill gap, the more physical the player gets until they start winning balls. Referees too often let this go until the more skilled player gets hurt. That's my issue with the refereeing at this age.

Coaches are to blame as well, as many do not teach tactics. There are ways to defend a player that is more skilled or faster than you. i.e. Marking tight, denying the ball, proper positioning, staying goal-side to deny shots/passes, etc. Conversely, if you are on offense going against a skilled defender, give and go's, quicker, more precise passing, switches, etc. can cause a skilled defensive player to lose their shape and open up opportunities, rather than bulldogging your way through. If referees were to control the game from the outset instead of waiting until somebody gets hurt, coaches would have no other option than to teach these actual soccer tactics.
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack on 17/09/15, 10:03 am

10sDad wrote:When a player cannot beat another player with skill, they resort to physical play...the more the skill gap, the more physical the player gets until they start winning balls.  Referees too often let this go until the more skilled player gets hurt.  That's my issue with the refereeing at this age.

Coaches are to blame as well, as many do not teach tactics.  There are ways to defend a player that is more skilled or faster than you.  i.e. Marking tight, denying the ball, proper positioning, staying goal-side to deny shots/passes, etc.  Conversely, if you are on offense going against a skilled defender, give and go's, quicker, more precise passing, switches, etc. can cause a skilled defensive player to lose their shape and open up opportunities, rather than bulldogging your way through.  If referees were to control the game from the outset instead of waiting until somebody gets hurt, coaches would have no other option than to teach these actual soccer tactics.  

cheers So true. What's bad is when it seems normal for kids to grab jerseys and constantly use their hands for a push. This has become acceptable, see it in most games and rarely called. It just gets worse when never called.
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by progressiveparent on 17/09/15, 10:15 am

10sDad wrote:When a player cannot beat another player with skill, they resort to physical play...the more the skill gap, the more physical the player gets until they start winning balls.  Referees too often let this go until the more skilled player gets hurt.  That's my issue with the refereeing at this age.

Coaches are to blame as well, as many do not teach tactics.  There are ways to defend a player that is more skilled or faster than you.  i.e. Marking tight, denying the ball, proper positioning, staying goal-side to deny shots/passes, etc.  Conversely, if you are on offense going against a skilled defender, give and go's, quicker, more precise passing, switches, etc. can cause a skilled defensive player to lose their shape and open up opportunities, rather than bulldogging your way through.  If referees were to control the game from the outset instead of waiting until somebody gets hurt, coaches would have no other option than to teach these actual soccer tactics.  
Best post on this subject.
Good soccer does not have to be dangerous soccer.  clown

progressiveparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty on 17/09/15, 10:39 am

And if the games were called overly tight vs overly loose, as they currently are, then it would encourage and reward the development and use of skills and tactics.

Lefty
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity on 17/09/15, 10:42 am

Lefty wrote:

And if the games were called overly tight vs overly loose, as they currently are, then it would encourage and reward the development and use of skills and tactics.  

I believe that the development of skills and tactics will better be served through the change of age group years, and I think US Soccer is on-board with that as well.   Very Happy

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad on 17/09/15, 10:54 am

SickofSilliness wrote:
Lefty wrote:

I believe that the development of skills and tactics will better be served through the change of age group years, and I think US Soccer is on-board with that as well.   Very Happy
I doubt it will change it that much. It is still a 1 year span...just now the January babies will be bigger than the December babies, instead of the September babies vs the July babies.
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad on 17/09/15, 11:19 am

10s, I agree. I'm not sure how the age group changes (Age Pure) helps produced more skilled players. North Texas soccer has a reputation of winning through physicality rather than skill and tactics (soccer IQ). It's what pay-to-play demands.
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty on 17/09/15, 12:25 pm

RightWingDad wrote:10s, I agree. I'm not sure how the age group changes (Age Pure) helps produced more skilled players. North Texas soccer has a reputation of winning through physicality rather than skill and tactics (soccer IQ). It's what pay-to-play demands.

The pay for play needs to win can be managed if you change the way the games are called.

It would change what player attributes determine who wins in most cases, and what coaches will focus on to try and win.

Lefty
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad on 17/09/15, 12:48 pm

Lefty wrote:
... if you change the way the games are called.  

Honestly I'd welcome, no...love to see games called tighter. But don't you think it's systemic in youth soccer? Haven't you been to tournaments in Oklahoma, South Texas...Nevada, California and elsewhere and seen the same type of officiating? I'm not the smartest chimp in the zoo, but I don't think they are flying NTX refs all over the country.

It must be the $ or the fact that "hey, it's just youth soccer...who gives a rip".

I think gone are the days where people took pride in their craftsmanship regardless of pay. Goodness knows that's true in the marketplace.
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 17/09/15, 02:09 pm

Having multiple standards in officiating isn't specific to youth soccer, just watch the English teams in the UCL. They're like bulls in a china shop. Kinda like our girls going out of state. Hard for them to adjust when everything is pretty much allowed in LH.
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead on 17/09/15, 02:39 pm

ElClassico wrote:Having multiple standards in officiating isn't specific to youth soccer, just watch the English teams in the UCL. They're like bulls in a china shop. Kinda like our girls going out of state. Hard for them to adjust when everything is pretty much allowed in LH.

My dd has played in LHGCL, ECNL, and college.  She's played in tournaments all over the country, and we never really saw much difference in the way games were called anywhere.  The most physical games she's had, where we were actually in fear that someone would be badly hurt before the game was over, were not even close to the Southwest, let alone restricted to North Texas or Lake Highlands.

Refs all over, call the game differently.  Some will allow almost no contact, with whistles blowing constantly, while others seemingly would allow a mugging with a billy club.  

In my experience, most players adjust to however the game is being called.  Would I like to see tighter games called?  Yes I would.  You'd see better soccer and fewer injuries.  What's not to like?

But it's just crazy to read how screwed up the referees (and virtually everything else) are in LHGCL, and how good everything is elsewhere.  There are some awesome referees here, and some really crappy ones.  Same as everywhere else.

The problem is a soccer problem, not restricted to Lake Highlands or North Texas.
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty on 17/09/15, 04:04 pm

ballhead wrote:
ElClassico wrote:Having multiple standards in officiating isn't specific to youth soccer, just watch the English teams in the UCL. They're like bulls in a china shop. Kinda like our girls going out of state. Hard for them to adjust when everything is pretty much allowed in LH.

My dd has played in LHGCL, ECNL, and college.  She's played in tournaments all over the country, and we never really saw much difference in the way games were called anywhere.  The most physical games she's had, where we were actually in fear that someone would be badly hurt before the game was over, were not even close to the Southwest, let alone restricted to North Texas or Lake Highlands.

Refs all over, call the game differently.  Some will allow almost no contact, with whistles blowing constantly, while others seemingly would allow a mugging with a billy club.  

In my experience, most players adjust to however the game is being called.  Would I like to see tighter games called?  Yes I would.  You'd see better soccer and fewer injuries.  What's not to like?

But it's just crazy to read how screwed up the referees (and virtually everything else) are in LHGCL, and how good everything is elsewhere.  There are some awesome referees here, and some really crappy ones.  Same as everywhere else.

The problem is a soccer problem, not restricted to Lake Highlands or North Texas.

The so called 'problem', if it is actually a problem, is that on the women's side the problematic style works (measuring stick being wins) all the way through the World Cup.

Lefty
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum