» Sting Kit For Sale AS
by 8701tx Yesterday at 02:32 pm

» Sports Organization Management Software Jevin Dan Ptak TX
by KeeperCommander Yesterday at 01:12 pm

» Dallas Texans 08 JDL Tryout Schedule
by Dtsoccer8 Yesterday at 12:51 pm

» FC Dallas 02G Black is looking
by FCD02GBLACK Yesterday at 12:13 pm

» Hello Plano Labor Day Tournament... Is anybody in there?
by dadof3 18/08/17, 10:48 pm

» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr 18/08/17, 12:42 pm

» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr 18/08/17, 12:41 pm

» 01 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 18/08/17, 12:15 pm

» Equal Playing Time For Players ?
by KeeperCommander 18/08/17, 10:28 am

» TOURNAMENT: U90C Labor Day Open - Sept 1-4
by U90C 18/08/17, 09:56 am

» 09 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 18/08/17, 09:35 am

» FBR 09G April 30th 2017
by FBR07G 18/08/17, 09:07 am

» BMS Friday Soccer Skills Sessions
by psaldivar 18/08/17, 08:57 am

» Adidas Germantown Invitational
by db10 18/08/17, 08:20 am

» 07 LH QT
by 7WhiskeyPapa 17/08/17, 08:19 pm

» FDSP Training Program 2017/2018
by cityfutsal 17/08/17, 07:45 pm

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 17/08/17, 03:56 pm

» 09 Girls Team looking for players - Sting Mendoza - Dallas
by dorn993678 17/08/17, 02:47 pm

» 99 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 17/08/17, 01:09 pm

» Looking to scrimmage 8/19
by LittleFeet10 17/08/17, 12:19 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11289 registered users
The newest registered user is sleighphillips

Our users have posted a total of 161576 messages in 20308 subjects

03 LH Week #3 Predictions

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 03 LH Week #3 Predictions

Post by Barca on 24/09/15, 05:50 pm

jsullivan81 wrote:
RightWingDad wrote:
str8facts wrote:
RightWingDad wrote:
herradura wrote:DT (0) vs Solar (2) - actual (0-0) would love to hear commentary on this game - any bus parking going on?

I did not see this game, but I can tell you that RS is not a guy who parks the bus. If RS plays the right lineup, then I still think they are a top 6 team. If not they'll still find a way to stay D1.

well u haven't watched a lot of his games against the top teams then. his mo is to park the bus which is why that comment came up. he plays for the tie and has around 8 parked inside 18.  not sure how his team plays against bottom tier.

Well, str8facts, once apon a time my dd played for RS. We NEVER packed the box. We may have had issues getting our forwards and midfielders in sync in the attacking third, but never did we "park-the-bus". Just getting the facts straight :-)

So what you are saying is, your DD plays defense and due to her playing ability there was never a need to park the bus. The only losses were due to the kids not playing defense since those other kids could not get forward or get in sync?

I realize that's not what you're saying, but its how some may interpret it.
Agreed! If you watch enough of their games, you will note that RS is a defensive minded coach. There is nothing wrong with that philosophy if it works. Parking the bus is also more probable with this mindset. According to your (RWD) previous posts, you mentioned that the team was now loaded with forwards. So what gives in your reports? I'm confused...scratch Is it possible that the talent is already there and it is just how the talent is being used that may come into question? Whatever the case, kudos for shutting down the best team in our division. Not many teams can make that claim.

Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by calcio9990 on 24/09/15, 08:43 pm

2ddsinsoccer wrote:I AGREE RWD!  I told my DD to shoot high because of her height and I know she'll come out and take it off her foot.  Part of the reason we couldn't score. We were aiming too high and anything on the ground, she's all over.  

Hmm...
Maybe should have said to aim low...  
All brawn and no brains???

It's the USA way, carry on

calcio9990
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer on 25/09/15, 09:32 am

calcio9990 wrote:
2ddsinsoccer wrote:I AGREE RWD!  I told my DD to shoot high because of her height and I know she'll come out and take it off her foot.  Part of the reason we couldn't score. We were aiming too high and anything on the ground, she's all over.  

Hmm...
Maybe should have said to aim low...  
All brawn and no brains???

It's the USA way, carry on

Is it?? Clearly you have no brains or maybe you just can't read. I understand though, you too were trying to throw shade. It's all good. I let the haters hate.

If you had brains and you could read, you would have saw that I said you can't aim low on said keeper because anything low or on the ground, she's all over. I also said, she'd come out and take the ball off a forward's foot.

It's the smart way against a short keeper.

Carry on.
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer on 25/09/15, 09:54 am

What's truly wrong here is you have individuals like calcio9990 who come on here and try to issue insults about 12 year old kids and then hide behind their little screen names.

I can see that's becoming the USA way.

2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin on 25/09/15, 09:57 am

Its ok, problem solved, with my latest purchase, she now has the entire goal covered.

good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer on 25/09/15, 10:00 am

She sure would have it covered. Surely she wouldn't miss anything wearing those. No one would dare go in the box on her with those things on. Glad we don't play you guys again this season. Very Happy
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad on 25/09/15, 10:08 am

Humm, might make goal kicks a little hard...but then she has a very capable back line who could help out with that if needed.
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad on 25/09/15, 10:39 am

Barca wrote:
jsullivan81 wrote:
RightWingDad wrote:
str8facts wrote:
RightWingDad wrote:
herradura wrote:DT (0) vs Solar (2) - actual (0-0) would love to hear commentary on this game - any bus parking going on?

I did not see this game, but I can tell you that RS is not a guy who parks the bus. If RS plays the right lineup, then I still think they are a top 6 team. If not they'll still find a way to stay D1.

well u haven't watched a lot of his games against the top teams then. his mo is to park the bus which is why that comment came up. he plays for the tie and has around 8 parked inside 18.  not sure how his team plays against bottom tier.

Well, str8facts, once apon a time my dd played for RS. We NEVER packed the box. We may have had issues getting our forwards and midfielders in sync in the attacking third, but never did we "park-the-bus". Just getting the facts straight :-)

So what you are saying is, your DD plays defense and due to her playing ability there was never a need to park the bus. The only losses were due to the kids not playing defense since those other kids could not get forward or get in sync?

Agreed! If you watch enough of their games, you will note that RS is a defensive minded coach. There is nothing wrong with that philosophy if it works. Parking the bus is also more probable with this mindset. According to your (RWD) previous posts, you mentioned that the team was now loaded with forwards. So what gives in your reports? I'm confused...scratch Is it possible that the talent is already there and it is just how the talent is being used that may come into question? Whatever the case, kudos for shutting down the best team in our division. Not many teams can make that claim.

In my best tribute to Yogi..."I never said any of the thing in my posts that I said".

OK, the Texans did upgrade their attacking 1/3rd over the summer as noted by their early tournament success. I also stand by my comments as to a possible 5-6 finish this year, injuries aside....and I know they have had some, like many teams out there including ours.

Is RS a little more defensive minded than some/most....maybe. While my dd never played in a defensive position she never felt he wanted her to sit back in the 18 yard box and defend. Yes, he always wanted her to fight for the 50/50 ball, and get back and help out defensively if needed. But we never sat back and just defended hoping to earn a nil-nil draw.

If any of you have ever listened to him during warmups, at practice or during games his mantra has always been "Quicker, stronger, harder, faster" in relation to quick decision making, stronger passes with pace, etc. He is a possession guy, with slight defensive leanings. If he only intended to park the bus, sit back and defend and earn scoreless draws....I doubt he'd be coaching for the Texans for very long. Like his style or not, if you look across his 04, 03 and 01 teams...collectively they are always in the D1 range. I know many a coach who'd be thankful to have a team or teams like that. You could argue that it's a formula that has achieved success. Of course, I'm sure it does not hurt being The Dallas Texans. Just like OU or A&M (would have added UT...but there's room for debate on that one this year) the Texans will attract top talent just because.

My DD learned a ton while there, got better and made good friends. No regrets and it's why we're a family that are fans-from-afar...except of course when we play them Wink

Best of luck to all the hard working DD's. Those who persevere and work hard will find opportunities as many of their peers drop the beautiful game for other pursuits. U13/14 is that crossroad.
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrenalinetx on 25/09/15, 11:51 am

we need a popcorn Emoticons

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo_Momma on 25/09/15, 12:24 pm

RightWingDad wrote:
Barca wrote:
jsullivan81 wrote:
RightWingDad wrote:
str8facts wrote:
RightWingDad wrote:

In my best tribute to Yogi..."I never said any of the thing in my posts that I said".

OK, the Texans did upgrade their attacking 1/3rd over the summer as noted by their early tournament success. I also stand by my comments as to a possible 5-6 finish this year, injuries aside....and I know they have had some, like many teams out there including ours.

Is RS a little more defensive minded than some/most....maybe. While my dd never played in a defensive position she never felt he wanted her to sit back in the 18 yard box and defend. Yes, he always wanted her to fight for the 50/50 ball, and get back and help out defensively if needed. But we never sat back and just defended hoping to earn a nil-nil draw.

If any of you have ever listened to him during warmups, at practice or during games his mantra has always been "Quicker, stronger, harder, faster" in relation to quick decision making, stronger passes with pace, etc. He is a possession guy, with slight defensive leanings. If he only intended to park the bus, sit back and defend and earn scoreless draws....I doubt he'd be coaching for the Texans for very long. Like his style or not, if you look across his 04, 03 and 01 teams...collectively they are always in the D1 range. I know many a coach who'd be thankful to have a team or teams like that. You could argue that it's a formula that has achieved success. Of course, I'm sure it does not hurt being The Dallas Texans. Just like OU or A&M (would have added UT...but there's room for debate on that one this year) the Texans will attract top talent just because.

My DD learned a ton while there, got better and made good friends. No regrets and it's why we're a family that are fans-from-afar...except of course when we play them Wink

Best of luck to all the hard working DD's. Those who persevere and work hard will find opportunities as many of their peers drop the beautiful game for other pursuits. U13/14 is that crossroad.

I would take issue with much of this. First of all, RS SHOULD HAVE top teams! If you have been assigned as head coach of the Texans top team in any age group - plus have that beautiful facility - you SHOULD BE drawing the top talent and dominating! That isn't happening.

Secondly, while RS may preach possession in practices, that is certainly not the product being placed on the field at weekends. Whenever I have watched an RS team, the ball seems to be rushed to the forwards, regularly missing the midfield. I am not saying this style is better or worse, just that we really need to be a bit more accurate in portrayal and characterization.
Lobo_Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad on 25/09/15, 12:33 pm

Lobo, I know a handful of solid coaches around who don't have top teams on FCD, Sting or elsewhere. Just because you are a ECNL club does not mean that you will always dominate the field of play.

I had a friend who was a huge Aggie fan in the early Johnny Football days. He once told me that A&M will dominate the SEC for at least a decade.

I suppose each to their own opinion however. You are certainly entitled to yours.
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel on 25/09/15, 01:06 pm

I had the pleasure of watching this game while waiting on my DD's game to start. I didn't see Texans packing the box. What I did see was the Texans packing the center. I saw the left/right mids come more in to the center, rather than being on the outside. Why? Well the obvious reason is Solar's #23. Additionally, #23 had very little help in this game like she does in many others. It almost appeared this game was on her shoulders. Every ball she took in to the 18 she was on her own. Nobody crashing, nobody to cross the ball to. Texans had 2 forwards parked about midfield, ready for the ball, but Solar defense was too quick.

I believe if Solar played the outside to inside game, the score would have been very different as it would have forced Texans to move the mids back to the outside. However, if #23 is your only threat up the middle the whole game, well, some teams will defend it. When #23 gets help from her left & right mids, they easily prove why they are the top team.

Lastly, much respect to the Texans keeper. I'm not a keeper parent, but I can enjoy watching her play each game. Her communication, knowledge of the game and her lack of hesitation to be aggressive is fun to watch.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref on 25/09/15, 02:27 pm

Why even worry about playing possession? It's pretty useless unless EVERYONE on team has a good first touch. You might as well just bypass the midfield and not worry about it until you can recruit the players able to play that style.

Just keep in mind the famous saying,"If you win it, they will come." Smile

Texan keeper: A++ (extra plus is for her dad)

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad on 25/09/15, 02:38 pm

Coach, I don't think very many U13 kiddos have a consistent and excellent first touch just yet. A few, not many. However I don't think you give up on teaching them the right way...regardless of how it's executed.
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref on 25/09/15, 02:47 pm

You're right RWD. I was just being facetious. Smile

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad on 25/09/15, 02:49 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:You're right RWD. I was just being facetious. Smile

Sorry, I'm a bit slow today...suffering from allergies and having to get out and mow here shortly. Ugh!
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca on 25/09/15, 03:28 pm

RightWingDad wrote:

Sorry, I'm a bit slow today...suffering from allergies and having to get out and mow here shortly. Ugh!
Great! A bromance reunion of Woodstock proportions!!
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref on 25/09/15, 03:36 pm

Barca wrote:
RightWingDad wrote:

You're my boy Blue! I mean Barca!

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca on 25/09/15, 03:42 pm

Love it!!
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad on 25/09/15, 07:22 pm

Barca wrote:
RightWingDad wrote:

In a few years I may be wearing one of Kramer's Manziers, but definitely not into bromances. No how, no way.
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 on 25/09/15, 08:10 pm

Oy vey
Can we get back to 03 prognosticating
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by kadro on 25/09/15, 08:40 pm

Who was it that tracked standings last year?

kadro
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchfit on 25/09/15, 08:40 pm

Book please!

Pitchfit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchfit on 25/09/15, 08:42 pm

Out on I limb I believe........To answer Kadros question.

Last edited by Pitchfit on 25/09/15, 08:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Error)

Pitchfit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca on 25/09/15, 11:26 pm

Pitchfit wrote:Out on I limb I believe........To answer Kadros question.
That is correct. He may be drowning in his sorrows with Da Bears current standings. drunken
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum