Latest topics
Coppell FC 09B Looking for Goalkeeper & 1 Field PlayerToday at 05:20 pmCoppellFC
Coppell FC 08B Williams Looking for 1-2 PlayersToday at 04:56 pmCoppellFC
And it begins!Today at 01:52 amBobsburger
Thoughts?Yesterday at 10:44 pma beautiful mind
12 Boys Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Jan 30-Feb 2, 2020)Yesterday at 04:28 pmU90C
05 Boys Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Jan 30-Feb 2, 2020)Yesterday at 04:27 pmU90C
07 Boys Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Jan 30-Feb 2, 2020)Yesterday at 04:21 pmU90C
10 Girls Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Jan 30-Feb 2, 2020)Yesterday at 04:20 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Jan 30-Feb 2, 2020)Yesterday at 04:19 pmU90C
09 Girls Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Jan 30-Feb 2, 2020)Yesterday at 04:18 pmU90C
06 Girls Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Jan 30-Feb 2, 2020)Yesterday at 04:16 pmU90C
BVB 2010 Premier Yesterday at 10:12 amClarkWGris
06 Boys Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Jan 30-Feb 2, 2020)Yesterday at 09:44 amU90C
11 Boys Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Jan 30-Feb 2, 2020)Yesterday at 09:43 amU90C
Winter Cup The Colony 24-26th Jan16/01/20, 05:53 pmTriumph FC
Winter Cup The Colony 24th-26th Jan16/01/20, 05:50 pmTriumph FC
Winter Cup The Colony 24th-26th Jan16/01/20, 05:48 pmTriumph FC
Winter Cup The Colony 24th-26th Jan16/01/20, 05:47 pmTriumph FC
Winter Cup The Colony 24th-26th Jan16/01/20, 05:45 pmTriumph FC
ISO Texans Youth Academy Kits16/01/20, 09:59 amTexansMochel
Dallas Cosmos 09G 16/01/20, 08:22 amCosmic Niner
Sting kit #716/01/20, 06:54 amStingDefender08mom
Winter Cup The Colony 24th-26th Jan 15/01/20, 10:00 pmTriumph FC
Searching for an 05 Girls Team15/01/20, 09:17 pmTriumph FC
Winter Cup The Colony 24th-26th Jan15/01/20, 09:15 pmTriumph FC
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Pixel
Statistics
We have 14065 registered users
The newest registered user is ClarkWGris

Our users have posted a total of 195615 messages in 27695 subjects

Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Soccer Reeks on 05/10/15, 04:50 pm

If your daughter hasn't had the pleasure of playing vs Texas Lighting 00G Van Zandt, beware!
Had two families from two different teams tell me how dirty this team is so I started to pay attention.
In three matches, I know if eight (Cool injuries! Two kiddos carted off and one in a ambulance.

Not much skill on this team and don't loop them into a "good physical team", they are just plain dirty with a strong hint of white trash. This past weekend I could hear one of the gals yelling at the ref because she didn't get a call. When the ref ignored her she started screaming "the girl is a racist and called me the N word"

Parents were even worse as I was sitting next to them listening to them laugh at the injured players and yelling obscenities to opposing players. A real class act and the only thing missing was the single-wide and broken down washing machines.

just thankful my gal is an 01.......
Soccer Reeks
Soccer Reeks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 42
Points : 1635
Join date : 2015-09-17
Location : Arlington

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by KeeperMom01G on 05/10/15, 04:57 pm

Goodness! That was some harsh words there!
Yes, some of the girls on that team play dirty, but some don't.
This is a case where the coach needs to take ownership of controlling his team.
KeeperMom01G
KeeperMom01G
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Points : 1577
Join date : 2015-10-05

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by 00StingDad on 05/10/15, 05:32 pm

hahaha, love it!

We played them and lost. We already had 4 players out with injuries and lost two more starters in the game vs them.
00StingDad
00StingDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 34
Points : 2500
Join date : 2013-07-10

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Seven on 05/10/15, 09:44 pm

scratch

I am confused. How can a white trash girl be called the N-word
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 533
Points : 4335
Join date : 2010-01-11

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by EverlastingGobstopper on 06/10/15, 08:36 am

We watched one of their games for the same reason, we heard how dirty they play.  This is not a rumor.  They are very nasty on the field.
EverlastingGobstopper
EverlastingGobstopper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 11
Points : 2063
Join date : 2014-06-11

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by soccerkicks on 06/10/15, 09:49 am

Beware of Thugs and White trash! 1395b7e0a84bf1925d747b390d00b7ea

Thanks for the laugh this morning J-Dawg!  Opinions are like axxholes, everybody has one! Very Happy

soccerkicks
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 7
Points : 2554
Join date : 2013-02-14

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Looking04 on 06/10/15, 10:29 am

and where there is smoke . . .

basically, 3 votes for dirty

1 for some are dirty and some are not

and likely the GK dad who disagrees

Looking04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 143
Points : 1995
Join date : 2015-01-07

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by InaB on 06/10/15, 11:09 am

If you feel that a team is playing over the top physically, I would suggest you ask LH to have a Director (or two) attend a couple of games to watch how the team plays. I have seen it done before so I know that they can do this.

InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 2148
Points : 7186
Join date : 2010-02-03
Age : 74
Location : Oh Al!

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Guest on 06/10/15, 11:18 am

A team from Texas Lightning in LH? I want to attend their next game just see if the rumors of their existence are true.

I like to chase Bigfoot on the weekends, too.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Storm Trooper on 06/10/15, 12:14 pm

RunningWithScissors wrote:A team from Texas Lightning in LH? I want to attend their next game just see if the rumors of their existence are true.

I like to chase Bigfoot on the weekends, too.

LOL!  lol!
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 39
Points : 1782
Join date : 2015-06-05

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by 00scrmom on 06/10/15, 12:19 pm

Great suggestion InaB! They should judge for themselves because the deception of this post is rather disturbing. Case in point...The one that left in an ambulance was a TXL player not an opposing player and one of those two carted off was the TXL goalie but those facts must have been lost in translation. The subjectivity of physical play and dirty play is to be interpreted by the officials. So far there have been 2 yellow cards issued to 2 TXL players, and rightfully deserved because they put themselves in a bad position, one was an incidental trip trying to get the ball and the other was a tackle from behind. There have also been 2 yellows issued to players of opposing teams for similar incidents but I don't hear anyone calling those teams dirty. You know what is dirty to me....when an opposing player repeatedly and intentionally grabs a players wrist, which is braced due to injury, while trying to pull her back because she got beat. But that kind of stuff doesn't get seen or called or talked about. And lastly, if a player called another player the N word, which it did happen, doesn't that make them white trash because I thought only those kind of people used that word??

00scrmom
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 649
Points : 4210
Join date : 2010-08-01
Age : 50
Location : Wherever the pitch may be

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Looking04 on 06/10/15, 12:23 pm

00scrmom wrote:Great suggestion InaB! They should judge for themselves because the deception of this post is rather disturbing.  Case in point...The one that left in an ambulance was a TXL player not an opposing player and one of those two carted off was the TXL goalie but those facts must have been lost in translation.  The subjectivity of physical play and dirty play is to be interpreted by the officials. So far there have been 2 yellow cards issued to 2 TXL players, and rightfully deserved because they put themselves in a bad position, one was an incidental trip trying to get the ball and the other was a tackle from behind.  There have also been 2 yellows issued to players of opposing teams for similar incidents but I don't hear anyone calling those teams dirty.  You know what is dirty to me....when an opposing player repeatedly and intentionally grabs a players wrist, which is braced due to injury, while trying to pull her back because she got beat. But that kind of stuff doesn't get seen or called or talked about. And lastly, if a player called another player the N word, which it did happen, doesn't that make them white trash because I thought only those kind of people used that word??


I always love the yellow cards issued for the "incidental trip"

lol!

Looking04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 143
Points : 1995
Join date : 2015-01-07

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by soccerkicks on 06/10/15, 12:56 pm

jibjab2 wrote:
00scrmom wrote:Great suggestion InaB! They should judge for themselves because the deception of this post is rather disturbing.  Case in point...The one that left in an ambulance was a TXL player not an opposing player and one of those two carted off was the TXL goalie but those facts must have been lost in translation.  The subjectivity of physical play and dirty play is to be interpreted by the officials. So far there have been 2 yellow cards issued to 2 TXL players, and rightfully deserved because they put themselves in a bad position, one was an incidental trip trying to get the ball and the other was a tackle from behind.  There have also been 2 yellows issued to players of opposing teams for similar incidents but I don't hear anyone calling those teams dirty.  You know what is dirty to me....when an opposing player repeatedly and intentionally grabs a players wrist, which is braced due to injury, while trying to pull her back because she got beat. But that kind of stuff doesn't get seen or called or talked about. And lastly, if a player called another player the N word, which it did happen, doesn't that make them white trash because I thought only those kind of people used that word??


I always love the yellow cards issued for the "incidental trip"

lol!


Cards are usually issued after an "incident" normally after an "accident" a warning is issued. lol!

soccerkicks
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 7
Points : 2554
Join date : 2013-02-14

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Looking04 on 06/10/15, 01:15 pm

incidental (adj)


being likely to ensue as a chance or minor consequence

occurring merely by chance or without intention or calculation

not of prime or central importance


I have never seen a card issued for an "incidental" trip.  Heck, you rarely see a penalty called on an "incidental trip trying to get to the ball".

Looking04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 143
Points : 1995
Join date : 2015-01-07

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by soccerkicks on 06/10/15, 01:45 pm

Oh, I have seen it! Just depends on the ref and the day I guess?

soccerkicks
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 7
Points : 2554
Join date : 2013-02-14

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Soccer Reeks on 06/10/15, 02:31 pm

Leaked photo of Texas Lighting playing.....

Beware of Thugs and White trash! CarCrashesIntoBikeRace
Soccer Reeks
Soccer Reeks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 42
Points : 1635
Join date : 2015-09-17
Location : Arlington

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by rockindaddy on 06/10/15, 03:25 pm

How do you know your DD is getting old ? When this thread only has about 15 replies. On an 06 or 05 or 04 it would be at about 15 pages by now. But hey mine's a 99 and it wouldn't get one reply.
rockindaddy
rockindaddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 90
Points : 3922
Join date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by InaB on 06/10/15, 05:32 pm

Rockin, maybe it isn't so much that your DD is getting old, perhaps it is just the kind of post that is.  Cool  

I can only say that you all are talking about young ladies with feelings here. Some players do get rough and some coaches allow it. It used to be a lot worse, so I know things are improving from the days when a coach taught his players how to do extensive damage to Achilles tendons. Do we still need some clean up (across all leagues)? Yes. But I think wholesale name calling is not the way to handle things. As I said earlier, if you feel a team is playing way too rough then go to your LH Director and ask them to monitor games. They will do it.  They can talk to the coach. If that doesn't work, they can sanction the team.

And if you feel a team is behaving less than civilized, wouldn't it lend more credence to your argument if your behavior was above reproach? I know that using certain terms will definitely bring attention, but is it necessary? If your daughter was an entirely innocent player being lumped together with others who aren't wouldn't you be very upset? Can't we all try to be ladies and gentlemen on here. It's one thing to poke fun, it is another entirely to go to ugly name calling.

It's ok to be upset, heaven knows I have been a time or two. But use your adult professional voice.   Very Happy

Nothin but Love to you all
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 2148
Points : 7186
Join date : 2010-02-03
Age : 74
Location : Oh Al!

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Kmast00 on 06/10/15, 09:50 pm

Really InaB?!?!your post are so sappy

Kmast00
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 2
Points : 1569
Join date : 2015-10-06

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by InaB on 06/10/15, 10:25 pm

Thanks K! You are super duper sweet yourself. It is so wonderful to find such a kindred spirit. Hugs and kisses. Now see folks, K knows how to post like an adult!
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 2148
Points : 7186
Join date : 2010-02-03
Age : 74
Location : Oh Al!

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Kmast00 on 06/10/15, 10:44 pm

If there are teams that play dirty than I appreciate the heads up - each team can determine if the post is true but being aware prior to the game will set me up to be prepared! There will always be teams that play dirty as much as we hate it- I just want to kmow what my daughter may be up against and hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised at the end of the game with two teams who respect the support and the players:)

Kmast00
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 2
Points : 1569
Join date : 2015-10-06

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by InaB on 06/10/15, 11:04 pm

I would agree K, But there are ways to express and discuss than calling girls trash. That was my point. I was also serious about them asking for oversight from LH. Lake Highlands should step up if the games get ugly and the refs/coach do nothing. Peace out.
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 2148
Points : 7186
Join date : 2010-02-03
Age : 74
Location : Oh Al!

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Packrabbit on 07/10/15, 01:40 am

I always enjoy the posted observations from non-interested bystanders... The "don't have a dog in this hunt, but..."...

__________________________________________________
Forum Politeness Disclaimer 2.0:
Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
.
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 522
Points : 3401
Join date : 2012-12-12

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Looking04 on 07/10/15, 08:06 am

InaB wrote:Rockin, maybe it isn't so much that your DD is getting old, perhaps it is just the kind of post that is.  Cool  

I can only say that you all are talking about young ladies with feelings here. Some players do get rough and some coaches allow it. It used to be a lot worse, so I know things are improving from the days when a coach taught his players how to do extensive damage to Achilles tendons. Do we still need some clean up (across all leagues)? Yes. But I think wholesale name calling is not the way to handle things. As I said earlier, if you feel a team is playing way too rough then go to your LH Director and ask them to monitor games. They will do it.  They can talk to the coach. If that doesn't work, they can sanction the team.

And if you feel a team is behaving less than civilized, wouldn't it lend more credence to your argument if your behavior was above reproach? I know that using certain terms will definitely bring attention, but is it necessary? If your daughter was an entirely innocent player being lumped together with others who aren't wouldn't you be very upset? Can't we all try to be ladies and gentlemen on here. It's one thing to poke fun, it is another entirely to go to ugly name calling.

It's ok to be upset, heaven knows I have been a time or two. But use your adult professional voice.   Very Happy

Nothin but Love to you all


You are known by the company that you keep.

That being said - I think thug is ok.  It describes the type of play exhibited.

As for trash, that might have been over the top for the girls.  (though it sounds more like a reference to the parents)

Looking04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 143
Points : 1995
Join date : 2015-01-07

Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Guest on 07/10/15, 08:35 am

Personally, I have a BONE to pick with all of this talk of THUGS, and the N word. At least Ina is trying to bring some HARMONY to all of this...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Beware of Thugs and White trash! Empty Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum