Latest topics
FCD player backpackYesterday at 06:27 pmBadknees
Looking for ScrimmageYesterday at 04:31 pmNTXElite
Vegas CupYesterday at 02:35 pmsmugrr
THE WINTER "BREAK"Yesterday at 01:11 pmGameday 04 New
PIT+ League Elite Spring Registration now OPENYesterday at 01:00 pmNicoleJames
Vegas cup 2019Yesterday at 12:05 pmGolaso09
JCC Maccabi 2019 - U14 Boys NeededYesterday at 10:12 amFbm036
Solar09 Bardwell Lewisville/Flowermound LookingYesterday at 10:01 amTXEagles
Texas Winter Classic21/01/19, 09:29 pmBENDMEOVER
Solar EAST 09B Brown - looking for players21/01/19, 09:09 pmprestonmartha
Rachel Holden Back from Sweden and Wanting 10's!21/01/19, 06:35 pmNTX Celtic FC
Private Trainer needed 21/01/19, 05:33 pmSteamingBean
Solar 09G Angelone-Colvin Open practices21/01/19, 02:51 pmSolar09GColvin
DFW United 2010 Boys Team - Keller - Roanoke - Trophy Club21/01/19, 01:45 pmJuveFan
RENEGADES SOCCER CLUB DALLAS 21/01/19, 11:54 amRenegades Soccer Club
RENEGADES SOCCER CLUB DALLAS 21/01/19, 11:52 amRenegades Soccer Club
RENEGADES SOCCER CLUB DALLAS 21/01/19, 11:45 amRenegades Soccer Club
RENEGADES SOCCERS CLUB DALLAS21/01/19, 11:41 amRenegades Soccer Club
RENEGADES SOCCER CLUB DALLAS21/01/19, 11:32 amRenegades Soccer Club
RENEGADES SOCCER CLUB DALLAS21/01/19, 11:27 amRenegades Soccer Club
Frisco Fusion 09/10 Boys - Spring 2019!21/01/19, 09:35 amlonghorns24
Frisco Fusion 09/10 Boys - Spring 2019!21/01/19, 09:35 amlonghorns24
07 DA21/01/19, 01:22 amFiredup
Winter Cup 2019 The Colony 23rd- 27th January 20/01/19, 03:10 pmTriumph FC
Will a NTX HS team win State?20/01/19, 02:17 pmgoalkeeperdad
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12831 registered users
The newest registered user is Total10sports

Our users have posted a total of 184745 messages in 24739 subjects

Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Guest on 07/10/15, 08:35 am

Personally, I have a BONE to pick with all of this talk of THUGS, and the N word. At least Ina is trying to bring some HARMONY to all of this...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Vikarius_lee on 07/10/15, 08:37 am

Since this is an opinion piece. Allow Me to throw in mine. The 2000 team is a very diverse team. They come from diverse backgrounds. They care about playing to the best of their abilities. They also care about playing well for their teammates. They play hard. They're not as finesse as other teams. That's how a lot of teams play. We've all heard the term," Be first to the ball." Also," Run through it."
As far as the parents go, a lot of them do not have a soccer background. But they are passionate fans of their girls.
They are a good group and should be welcomed in Lake Highlands.
Just be ready for a good game.
Vikarius_lee
Vikarius_lee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 53
Points : 1356
Join date : 2015-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by ItsMeAgain on 07/10/15, 09:37 am

bwgophers wrote:Personally, I have a BONE to pick with all of this talk of THUGS, and the N word. At least Ina is trying to bring some HARMONY to all of this...

See you at the Crossroad . . .
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 200
Points : 1964
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Seven on 07/10/15, 10:06 am

it's the first of tha mooooonth
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 533
Points : 3974
Join date : 2010-01-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Storm Trooper on 07/10/15, 01:26 pm

I guess those that are playing tonight at Railroad Park can watch them to find out how they are.  But my guess is they will be on their best behavior tonight after this thread.  They play tonight at 8:15 v. Dallas Texans 00G Red, field 8.  cyclops
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 39
Points : 1421
Join date : 2015-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by backofthenet on 07/10/15, 02:12 pm

Troop, I concur.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 378
Points : 2575
Join date : 2013-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Vikarius_lee on 07/10/15, 02:20 pm

Texans Red will show them what good physical soccer looks like.
It'll be a great learning experience for the Lightn Ladies.
Vikarius_lee
Vikarius_lee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 53
Points : 1356
Join date : 2015-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by tarheel07 on 07/10/15, 06:55 pm

I hope they play hard like they always do. Funny how this only came up after they stomped Sting 4-1. Sounds like the real trash are the sore losers of that team. It's always funny to me that team from south plays hard it's dirty, north does it and it's just good physical soccer. I've seen plenty of games and minus a nasty foul or two that occurs in almost every game it all looks about the same.

tarheel07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 65
Points : 3541
Join date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Vikarius_lee on 07/10/15, 07:31 pm

Lol. I agree.
Vikarius_lee
Vikarius_lee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 53
Points : 1356
Join date : 2015-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Vikarius_lee on 07/10/15, 07:34 pm

Clarifying-
I agree that perception is not always reality.
Maybe go watch any boys high school game this winter and see that being physical is not dirty.
Vikarius_lee
Vikarius_lee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 53
Points : 1356
Join date : 2015-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by ElClassico on 07/10/15, 08:46 pm

So after reading this thread the team in question is either dirty or just unskilled and plays hard. But since they come from "diverse backgrounds" should be excused. And we wonder why NTX has the reputation of being big and physical but not very good. Honestly by 15 or 16 shouldn't you know how to play already?
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 360
Points : 2094
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by soccerjack on 07/10/15, 09:34 pm

ElClassico wrote:So after reading this thread the team in question is either dirty or just unskilled and plays hard. But since they come from "diverse backgrounds" should be excused. And we wonder why NTX has the reputation of being big and physical but not very good. Honestly by 15 or 16 shouldn't you know how to play already?

cheers
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 994
Points : 2678
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Lefty on 08/10/15, 06:51 am

Vikarius_lee wrote:  Since this is an opinion piece. Allow Me to throw in mine. The 2000 team is a very diverse team. What is the relevance? They come from diverse backgrounds.  Many teams do? They care about playing to the best of their abilities. As do most all teams? They also care about playing well for their teammates. As do most all teams  They play hard. That's not the issue, crossing the line and playing outside the rules is. They're not as finesse as other teams. Sounds like an excuse or rationalization for CHOSEN behavior in question. That's how a lot of teams play. Clearly an excuse for CHOSEN behavior in question.   We've all heard the term," Be first to the ball." Also," Run through it." Sounds like coach and parents encouraging them to CHOSE the behavior in question.
As far as the parents go, a lot of them do not have a soccer background. As is the case with most teams. But they are passionate fans of their girls. As are most all parents 
 They are a good group and should be welcomed in Lake Highlands. Finally your opinion.
Just be ready for a good game.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1062
Points : 4625
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by textigerfan on 08/10/15, 07:48 am

Lefty wrote:
Vikarius_lee wrote:  Since this is an opinion piece. Allow Me to throw in mine. The 2000 team is a very diverse team. What is the relevance? They come from diverse backgrounds.  Many teams do? They care about playing to the best of their abilities. As do most all teams? They also care about playing well for their teammates. As do most all teams  They play hard. That's not the issue, crossing the line and playing outside the rules is. They're not as finesse as other teams. Sounds like an excuse or rationalization for CHOSEN behavior in question. That's how a lot of teams play. Clearly an excuse for CHOSEN behavior in question.   We've all heard the term," Be first to the ball." Also," Run through it." Sounds like coach and parents encouraging them to CHOSE the behavior in question.
As far as the parents go, a lot of them do not have a soccer background. As is the case with most teams. But they are passionate fans of their girls. As are most all parents 
 They are a good group and should be welcomed in Lake Highlands. Finally your opinion.
Just be ready for a good game.

cheers

This is a description of a lot of teams in LH.  Very nice response Lefty.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 3741
Join date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Guest on 08/10/15, 07:52 am

tarheel07 wrote:I hope they play hard like they always do. Funny how this only came up after they stomped Sting 4-1. Sounds like the real trash are the sore losers of that team. It's always funny to me that team from south plays hard it's dirty, north does it and it's just good physical soccer. I've seen plenty of games and minus a nasty foul or two that occurs in almost every game it all looks about the same.


Makes sense.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by fliptc on 08/10/15, 09:40 am

I have not seen them play this year so cannot comment on dirty play, but until the refs actually take control of a game this will continue to come up.  There are several things that happen in the run of play that are fouls but get let go.  One AR in our game two weeks ago actually said to us on the side that "most girls at this age should be able to play through that". (it was hooking the arms or pulling the hips so they couldn't move right away ect...). Those are fouls and the fact that he even said that kinda proves that and it should be called. Some of the injuries that have occurred because the rough play has gone too far and not been stopped by the ref.  An example was last night one of our girls got fouled hard early and the ref just gave a foul. The same girl did almost the same thing a bit later and there was no call until he realized that our girl was not getting up.  A card should have been issued and it might have cut out that type of play. But what happened was he quit calling any of that and just called minor pushes on throw ins and about 12 handeling calls.  They allow the rough stuff early and it continues on throughout the entire game. Some teams are equipped for that but most are not.  Pull a card for persistent infringement and the games will open up and look better. The teams have no reason to fear cards as they are rarely shown so the rough stuff will continue.  Their first job is the welfare of our DD's.
fliptc
fliptc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 73
Points : 3061
Join date : 2011-01-22
Age : 45
Location : The Colony

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Storm Trooper on 08/10/15, 09:45 am

Did anyone get to watch their game last night?  Question
I know they lost 4-1.  Sad
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 39
Points : 1421
Join date : 2015-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by textigerfan on 08/10/15, 12:57 pm

Yes, it was 4-1 at half and no scoring second half. Lots of possession by DT Red.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 3741
Join date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Storm Trooper on 08/10/15, 01:09 pm

textigerfan wrote:Yes, it was 4-1 at half and no scoring second half.  Lots of possession by DT Red.  

So is there any merit to J-DAWG's claim that the TXL team are "Thugs"?  confused 
or is that something you didn't see last night?
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 39
Points : 1421
Join date : 2015-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by 2_cents_worth on 21/10/15, 10:52 pm

Anyone see the FCD Red / Lightning game last night? Heard from an FCD Red parent tonight at practice that there were a few cards pulled. Plenty of fouls away from the ball.
2_cents_worth
2_cents_worth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 65
Points : 1810
Join date : 2014-06-05
Location : Stuck on the DNT.

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Looking04 on 22/10/15, 08:02 am

Well, between the goalies dad and the other parents from the team who have posted here, we should get a good explanation.

But I'm not holding my breath.   Rolling Eyes

Looking04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 143
Points : 1634
Join date : 2015-01-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by sportsnerd on 22/10/15, 09:33 pm

My DD teams experience with them was that they may not be so much dirty as they are just unskilled and physical. One of them loves to slide tackle but she is always a step or two too slow and gets there after the ball is gone. Luckily on the first 3 our player was just able to step over her, but on the last one she took out our player but luckily no lasting injury... the amazing thing about this was there was never a foul called by the ref especially even after taking out the player the last time (which should have been a yellow card). there were some warnings but no foul... This player is big enough that when she really catches someone the wrong way she will do some damage. so for those that say LH is cracking down on this with more cards, i guess it just depends on the ref that night. I cant say they are dirty because that would imply intent and I dont have a clue what the intentions were... they do try and play more physical to try and neutralize the others teams advantages.

sportsnerd
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 151
Points : 2532
Join date : 2012-10-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Lefty on 23/10/15, 07:03 am

sportsnerd wrote:My DD teams experience with them was that they may not be so much dirty as they are just unskilled and physical. One of them loves to slide tackle but she is always a step or two too slow and gets there after the ball is gone. Luckily on the first 3 our player was just able to step over her, but on the last one she took out our player but luckily no lasting injury... the amazing thing about this was there was never a foul called by the ref especially even after taking out the player the last time (which should have been a yellow card). there were some warnings but no foul... This player is big enough that when she really catches someone the wrong way she will do some damage. so for those that say LH is cracking down on this with more cards, i guess it just depends on the ref that night. I cant say they are dirty because that would imply intent and I dont have a clue what the intentions were... they do try and play more physical to try and neutralize the others teams advantages.

I'm betting that a consistent yellow card for the first late, not dirty, unskilled, playing physical to neutralize the other teams advantage (skill) slide tackle, followed by a second yellow for the second one with a red card and an early trip home would help her break the habit.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1062
Points : 4625
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by InaB on 23/10/15, 07:07 am

Thanks for the post SN, and I agree Lefty. I think there are a lot of these instances that go unchallenged so players continue doing them.
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 2148
Points : 6825
Join date : 2010-02-03
Age : 73
Location : Oh Al!

Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by Guest on 23/10/15, 09:42 am

So now parents from the opposing team can be counted on to make unbiased, credible judgements on slide tackles against their own players? Don't know anything about this team, but this entire thread feels whiny and classless.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Beware of Thugs and White trash!

Post by sportsnerd on 23/10/15, 09:48 am

There's no judgement on slide tackle... did she get the ball... no ball gone way before she came in thats called late. Not hard to tell.  


Opinion was asked and opinion given. Take it for what it's worth. No whining, DD team won the game, came out injury free and moved on.

sportsnerd
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 151
Points : 2532
Join date : 2012-10-23

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum