We have 14150 registered users
The newest registered user is SoccerBasics

Our users have posted a total of 196165 messages in 27798 subjects

Birth Year Age Matrix update

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Birth Year Age Matrix update - Page 4 Empty Re: Birth Year Age Matrix update

Post by AtThePitch on 13/11/15, 10:42 am

You understand the promotion and relegation as used in the professional ranks is not exactly known for fostering an environment of development.

Perfect example... the EPL,  watch a match and count the number of English players on the pitch, on the bench, or even on the reserves side...

It's a stated known problem.  Richest league in the world and all the money is spent on finding and buying the better players from elsewhere.

Promotion and relegation is what fosters the known issues with this area.  Focus is on the W, not on the DEVELOPMENT of players.

Why, because the W brings the parents, with the parents comes the cash...

Can their be development and winning... of course there can be, but is usually not the case in this environment sadly.

AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch on 13/11/15, 12:52 pm

Here is my thoughts on a league of the future for NTX.

1. Calendar Year age based of course
2. ZERO promotion or relegation.
3. Register for the division you feel your team is at. Where they will be comptetitive and a coach can focus on the development of the player/team. Your Wins or Loses will impact you zero in the standings of the league.

Much like High School soccer. The colllege scouts rarely show up to watch one league game. They come out for the the showcase events.

League play is used to teach, develop, and grow. Showcase/Tournaments are used for competing/showcasing the talent.

I again reference Socal. Their league is open for registration. and they have a high number of tournaments over the year to pick and choose from.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13/11/15, 01:06 pm

Move to SoCal

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch on 13/11/15, 01:20 pm

Nah, I'll stay here just to keep making your day.

Have a good one!
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh on 13/11/15, 02:12 pm

AtThePitch wrote:Here is my thoughts on a league of the future for NTX.

1.  Calendar Year age based of course
2.  ZERO promotion or relegation.
3.  Register for the division you feel your team is at.  Where they will be comptetitive and a coach can focus on the development of the player/team.  Your Wins or Loses will impact you zero in the standings of the league.

Much like High School soccer.  The colllege scouts rarely show up to watch one league game.  They come out for the the showcase events.

League play is used to teach, develop, and grow.  Showcase/Tournaments are used for competing/showcasing the talent.

I again reference Socal.  Their league is open for registration.  and they have a high number of tournaments over the year to pick and choose from.

This is what South Texas did this year with the USC league. The dozen or so biggest clubs in Houston, Austin, and San Antonio broke out from STYSA and formed their own league. For Houston teams, each age group has about 5 different divisions with 8-10 teams each. The DOCs place teams in whatever bracket they believe is appropriate. They'll adjust and rebracket for the spring.

There have been hiccups ironing out the wrinkles of starting a new league from scratch, but it's largely been a success. I'm sure it's also profitable for the clubs, too. The downside is obviously that the indy teams aren't invited. Many, however, simply affiliated themselves with a club that was accepted into the league, which solved that problem.

As a parent, my favorite part is that half the games are at "home." Rather than driving halfway across town every week, I only have to do it every other week.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum