North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Is this the new "normal" Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Is this the new "normal"

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is this the new "normal" Empty Is this the new "normal"

Post by bassinyaface 27/10/15, 03:36 pm

Girls coming and going off teams, a new guest at every practice, even more rumors floating around practices and games about where "so and so" is going or what clubs they visited last week. Is this the new "normal"? If so, it stinks and I want out.

#GoKicks!
bassinyaface
bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Is this the new "normal" Empty Re: Is this the new "normal"

Post by NoSpinZone 27/10/15, 03:50 pm

Maybe everyone just needs to mind their own flipping business and worry about their own dd and not what "so and so" is doing. Perhaps?

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/10/15, 03:57 pm

Guessing this is your 1st rodeo?  Get used to it.  Once the kids hit select, this scenario gets repeated every May/June and will peak again at U14 when the first year of ECNL hits (or is it U15, or U16 now Question Question Question scratch scratch scratch ).

Last edited by bwgophers on 27/10/15, 03:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by bassinyaface 27/10/15, 03:58 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:Maybe everyone just needs to mind their own flipping business and worry about their own dd and not what "so and so" is doing. Perhaps?

So much drama lately, even more than usual. That is one solution NOSPINZONE, but we all know that will not happen.
bassinyaface
bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bassinyaface 27/10/15, 04:00 pm

bwgophers wrote:Guessing this is your 1st rodeo?  Get used to it.  Once the kids hit select, this scenario gets repeated every May/June and will peak again at U14 when the first year of ECNL hits.

Yes and no. Yes for soccer. Sillyness still..
bassinyaface
bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/10/15, 04:20 pm

I'm surprised that the younger squads are getting that many shoppers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bassinyaface 27/10/15, 04:25 pm

It seems that is occurring Sho'nuff

On a side note, I see you are still living on this site. Do you ever take a break?  Maybe this is the problem with this soccer world.  Parents have too much access to dive even deeper into a specific sport for the "sake" of their child- social media, blogs, private coaches, extra training, demanding child goes to professional games/college games, etc.  SMH

The world has gone crazy.
bassinyaface
bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/10/15, 04:33 pm

soocerdreamzhp wrote:Girls coming and going off teams, a new guest at every practice, even more rumors floating around practices and games about where "so and so" is going or what clubs they visited last week.  Is this the new "normal"?  If so, it stinks and I want out.

#GoKicks!

I reckon so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uwon't 27/10/15, 05:17 pm

Really sucks going from "I really want to develope your daughter" to "not sure how much playing time your daughter will have next season with all this talent coming out". Yeah, I got that call! But the "talent" coming out have uniforms from every ntx club and the coach really thinks they can be the one to appease the ntx "jumper".

Uwon't
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/10/15, 08:00 pm

Soccerdreamz, thanks!

Uwont, sorry to hear that. I know you were a supporter of the coach and club.

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 27/10/15, 09:10 pm

bwgophers wrote:Once the kids hit select, this scenario gets repeated every May/June

Or every May/June/October/December or whenever parents get unhappy and take their dd packin' #HereSignMyStinkin'Release
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by bassinyaface 28/10/15, 07:16 am

Your welcome Sho'. Glad you didn't take long to respond. Don't let your boss see you posting again or you will be back on written warning.

UWont. I have seen a few girls at age 8-9 wearing 6 different uniforms in their careers so far and vying for more still. Don't be that dad

bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 28/10/15, 08:12 am

These girls are in Academy. Parents should try and find the right fit for their kids now. The last thing you want to do is sign a contract only to be in a bad situation for an entire year.
And as far as gossip about who's doing what, that never ends. That's the direction this thread is heading in, is it not? Cool

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 28/10/15, 10:44 am

Agree, the gossip never stops.. it's just more prevalent now with the clusterf*ck those a-holes at USSF created.  Now, instead of debating which QB to start in your fantasy football league this week, everyone's turned into a conspiracy theorist.  

"Hey, hey.. don't look, but did you see those guys standing on the grassy knoll.  Yeah, the douche'rs wearing flip flops & a hoodie in late October like some out of town yuppies. They're spying.  Oh yeah, pretended to be talking about fantasy football when I walked by like I'm an idiot.  These amateurs couldn't make it more obvious.  And Dakota's Dad, you see him wearing pink.. again?  That's every week this month.  Why not just acknowledge the Pink Ponies offered them a scholarship?"

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 28/10/15, 11:52 am

lol!
Those Pink Pony scholarships don't come along too often.  Dakota better jump on that.

Once this whole, who's going select thing is figured out, I plan on taking my DD on a tour of all of the clubs to collect jerseys to make a quilt in remembrance of the good ol' academy days. Starting with the Ponies.

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint 28/10/15, 12:43 pm

[quote="SWINGIT!!"]lol!
Those Pink Pony scholarships don't come along too often.  Dakota better jump on that.

Once this whole, who's going select thing is figured out, I plan on taking my DD on a tour of all of the clubs to collect jerseys to make a quilt in remembrance of the good ol' academy days. Starting with the Ponies.[/quote]

slow down there folks. I am the coach of the Pink Ponies and we don't offer scholarships. Everyone pays their rec fees and gets 50% playing time. Most don't want to play by the 4th quarter but we try to coax them into the game.

We do have great snacks.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?eventid=48400&FieldID=0&applicationID=3102117&action=Go

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 28/10/15, 01:14 pm

soocerdreamzhp wrote:Girls coming and going off teams, a new guest at every practice, even more rumors floating around practices and games about where "so and so" is going or what clubs they visited last week.  Is this the new "normal"?  If so, it stinks and I want out.

#GoKicks!

The change to age pure and the jump to select have created more than the usual amount of movement this year and it looks like the big clubs are getting an early jump on evaluating and offering future opportunities to players to shore up their standings before the end of the current season.

If that is unsettling for you or your dd then you should consider a smaller club or maybe even a soccer break altogether. If that is too harsh of an option then perhaps play a season or two in the rec elite or rec leagues until the dust has settled.

In the Classic League (LHGCL) the rubber meets the road and performance and winning take a front seat to development and team friendships so if you are seeing drama, it's because there is a lot of it at the moment and you will have to navigate through it until final selection next year.

It's a rite of passage that we have all experienced, but I grant you that this year is probably worse than previous years because of the changes and options that have resulted from the introduction of the age pure system. cheers

#TheDallasTexans
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bassinyaface 29/10/15, 06:59 am

What smaller clubs or rec elite clubs would you recommend Soccer LURKER. I must know.

bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 29/10/15, 11:39 am

When you mentioned rec, I had to laugh at a distant memory.

Back in the day when my dd played rec (PSA) we always seemed to get beat by the Greenhill Hornets. Of course, no wonder. Right after our rec games the kids would peal off their Greenhill jersey to reveal their Solar, FCD or Texan academy jersey's as the sprinted off to their next game.

While we "hated" the dreaded hornets, they did have a fantastic coach who always displayed excellent sportsmanship. She even spent time praising and encouraging the kids on our team after every game. It was the silver lining in every loss to them.

RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by bassinyaface 29/10/15, 02:34 pm

Do you think that assists in development having your DD play Rec and Academy? Play easier competition to improve confidence and then play in a more challenging league to drive growth?

bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 29/10/15, 04:01 pm

soocerdreamzhp wrote:Do you think that assists in development having your DD play Rec and Academy?  Play easier competition to improve confidence and then play in a more challenging league to drive growth?

NOPE, but I do think that it's best to play soccer than not.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 29/10/15, 04:06 pm

soocerdreamzhp wrote:What smaller clubs or rec elite clubs would you recommend Soccer LURKER.  I must know.

HERE YOU GO!
http://events.gotsport.com/events/default.aspx?EventID=47747
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 29/10/15, 05:04 pm

RightWingDad wrote:When you mentioned rec, I had to laugh at a distant memory.

Back in the day when my dd played rec (PSA) we always seemed to get beat by the Greenhill Hornets. Of course, no wonder. Right after our rec games the kids would peal off their Greenhill jersey to reveal their Solar, FCD or Texan academy jersey's as the sprinted off to their next game.

While we "hated" the dreaded hornets, they did have a fantastic coach who always displayed excellent sportsmanship. She even spent time praising and encouraging the kids on our team after every game. It was the silver lining in every loss to them.

That is a great story and playing against those types of teams was a good motivator for my DD when she made the transition from rec to club soccer.

The rec players are usually less experienced with the club teams so there is a certain satisfaction associated with a tournament win or competitive challenge against teams composed mostly of rec elite or club players.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bassinyaface 30/10/15, 07:45 am

Thanks for the link Premiere. I look forward to the 45 min drive across town to play competitive rec.

bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bassinyaface 30/10/15, 07:47 am

Also, since it is raining today and my DD can not use her parachute for training purposes (tough to use indoors to work on her speed and power) and ideas on indoor speed and power exercises for soccer?

#Kicks

bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum