Latest topics
Out of ControlToday at 10:30 pmForReal
JCL Weekly Marquee MatchupsToday at 07:53 pmNtxDad101
Recommended Trainers for 1:1 or Small Group SessionsToday at 05:52 pmZizou
TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMSToday at 04:47 pmschmuck
06 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Today at 02:24 pmU90C
08 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Today at 01:20 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Today at 01:18 pmU90C
TOURNAMENT: UPPER 90 CHALLENGE - Nov. 30-Dec. 2, 2018Today at 12:23 pmU90C
2010’s U90 League Challenge Cup schedule is out!!Today at 11:09 ampsaldivar
Dallas Texans Scarfone 10G welcomes...(are you interested?)Today at 09:59 amTrustTheProcess
Signing DayToday at 09:46 amDeltaTauChi
03 DT Fall Festival Yesterday at 11:50 pmDramafree
VIDEO 1 - GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - REGISTER NOWYesterday at 08:28 pmChuck D
TEXAS WINTER CLASSIC - REGISTER NOWYesterday at 05:44 pmmusaisaya
04 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Yesterday at 04:39 pmU90C
11 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 02:30 pmU90C
07 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 02:29 pmU90C
05 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 02:28 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 02:28 pmU90C
06 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 02:27 pmU90C
04 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 02:25 pmU90C
10 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 02:24 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Yesterday at 02:23 pmU90C
05 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Yesterday at 02:22 pmU90C
06 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Yesterday at 02:21 pmU90C
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12733 registered users
The newest registered user is Dramafree

Our users have posted a total of 183577 messages in 24423 subjects

Wednesday Night Lights - D1 Games

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Choose the team who can stay awake the longest!

16% 16% 
[ 15 ]
4% 4% 
[ 4 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
14% 14% 
[ 13 ]
3% 3% 
[ 3 ]
3% 3% 
[ 3 ]
9% 9% 
[ 9 ]
9% 9% 
[ 9 ]
1% 1% 
[ 1 ]
8% 8% 
[ 8 ]
8% 8% 
[ 8 ]
3% 3% 
[ 3 ]
10% 10% 
[ 10 ]
6% 6% 
[ 6 ]
4% 4% 
[ 4 ]
 
Total Votes : 96

Re: Wednesday Night Lights - D1 Games

Post by InaB on 11/11/15, 09:42 pm

Final SC 3 Brown 3

InaB
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 2148
Join date : 2010-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night Lights - D1 Games

Post by Punisher on 11/11/15, 09:54 pm

FCD 4
Solar Elite 3

Sting F 1
Andro. 1
avatar
Punisher
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 141
Points : 3591
Join date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night Lights - D1 Games

Post by backofthenet on 11/11/15, 10:36 pm

Look at those results.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 378
Points : 2506
Join date : 2013-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night Lights - D1 Games

Post by InaB on 11/11/15, 10:58 pm

Well Cinderella moments for sure
avatar
InaB
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 2148
Points : 6756
Join date : 2010-02-03
Age : 72
Location : Oh Al!

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night Lights - D1 Games

Post by Packrabbit on 11/11/15, 11:46 pm

maggiemae wrote:I think we've already seen what happens when the CPP/Dual rostered players are unable to play...

Historically Solar Chelsea Elite has been a strong team which is why it was shocking to see them resort to such unsporting antics.  Parker has been playing this game ever since they landed in D1 so it isn't surprising, just more of a continued disappointment. The coaches should have a little faith in their girls since both of these teams can & should stand on their own. Now Solar Hopkins history shows a team that struggled to stay in D1 and probably would be struggling still without the help from their ECNL ringers. I was privileged to see a couple of minutes of their game on Sunday against Sting Pat.   Both on & off the field it wasn't the same team faced Andro the week before. Even the parents recognized it as was shown in the cheers of relief when Solar scored on a last minute penelty. The final score 1-0.  Of course in that game they did not have the use of their ECNL national team goalie (by the way she is pretty amazing). I assume that for the Andro game the regular goalie was injured because she never saw the field.   Throw in a stellar ECNL defender and you've locked up the defense. Now for offense and the only goal...nah, I'll skip it.

However, these aren't the only three teams who hedge their bets.  Dad-0-3, fess up.  Haven't you used a superstar lately? Sting W? Sting F?  

So, here are my predictions for this evening.        
Three solid wins for Solar Elite, Andro & Brown. Two ties- Aztecs/Dallas Texans & Sting West/Sting P

Please commence the defense/justification of Superstars in pivotal matches. Let me help.
1. It's OK, they really are on the team, just look at the roster
2. All the other clubs are doing it so we have to
3. We have injuries and our bench isn't that deep
4. Because we can, we will
5. If you just look at it from a business perspective...
6. It's all about player development.  More touches are always a good thing.

Sadly, club sting has made such a mockery of CPP, they would numerically dominate LH next year, if FCD, solar and DTX stand by their principles. If Solar, FCD doesn't respond a couple of weeks ago as they had, there's a real possibly of Solar Elite and Andro being being the only non-sting teams not in the playoffs.

__________________________________________________
Forum Politeness Disclaimer 2.0:
Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
.
avatar
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 522
Points : 2971
Join date : 2012-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night Lights - D1 Games

Post by Gunners on 12/11/15, 07:45 am

I dont have much of an issue with the whole CPP thing, but I do have to question a club/coach who brings in two ECNL players (one is National team player btw) to play a LHGCL game two days prior to a national event. Four games in five days at this age/level is ridiculous.

__________________________________________________
I got 99 problems but the pitch ain't one
avatar
Gunners
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1292
Points : 4816
Join date : 2009-05-04
Location : Looking for The Situation

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night Lights - D1 Games

Post by tex_gator on 12/11/15, 09:26 am

Either the coaches are trying to make a name for themselves, or the club is insisting the coaches use their ECNL players to show themselves in a good light. Driven by the almighty $$$$.

When asked to play for their DI brother, are the ECNL players asked to play or required to play? Do they want to play? Do their parents want them to play?

How often is too often to play? Professionals typically play once a week. Colleges typically a couple times a week? So continuing that trend HS age should play 4 times a week? More development opportunities for our DD's, isn't that what we all want?

tex_gator
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 40
Points : 3224
Join date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night Lights - D1 Games

Post by sportsnerd on 12/11/15, 11:22 am

Gunners wrote:I dont have much of an issue with the whole CPP thing, but I do have to question a club/coach who brings in two ECNL players (one is National team player btw) to play a LHGCL game two days prior to a national event. Four games in five days at this age/level is ridiculous.

I dont follow D1 as close as some so i am little behind, but could we put the names with these teams so the rest of the peanut gallery knows who to dogcuss about abusing CPP....

sportsnerd
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 151
Points : 2463
Join date : 2012-10-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night Lights - D1 Games

Post by soccer222 on 12/11/15, 01:17 pm

sportsnerd wrote:
Gunners wrote:I dont have much of an issue with the whole CPP thing, but I do have to question a club/coach who brings in two ECNL players (one is National team player btw) to play a LHGCL game two days prior to a national event. Four games in five days at this age/level is ridiculous.

I dont follow D1 as close as some so i am little behind, but could we put the names with these teams so the rest of the peanut gallery knows who to dogcuss about abusing CPP....

I watched the FC Dallas / Solar Chelsea Elite game and it was obvious that Solar was using their ECNL ringers.  In fact I am pretty sure that all 3 goals were scored by the same ECNL forward - for sure she scored 2.  Bottom line is that I also have to question a coach/club who has to constantly use ECNL players to boost their team's position in LHGCL.  I am pretty sure that these ECNL girls are already committed to big D1 schools, so what really is the point in risking injury in a lowly LHGCL game, especially when there is a big ECNL tournament in AZ this weekend?

It was a good game - both teams played hard and clean - and the refs did a good job (even though one Solar Goal was called off by the linesman and then reinstated by the head ref - FC Dallas goalie had possession and the play was dead but the solar player knocked the ball into the net.  At least that is how I saw it but I will admit that I may be a little biased - haha).  

Just a note - FC Dallas 00G has not used CPP or ECNL players this entire season and we have had some major injuries.  Really proud of this team, the coach and the players - class act all the way around - and this was a good hard fought win.  Go FC Dallas!

soccer222
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Points : 3110
Join date : 2010-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night Lights - D1 Games

Post by Packrabbit on 13/11/15, 12:58 pm

soccer222 wrote:
sportsnerd wrote:
Gunners wrote:I dont have much of an issue with the whole CPP thing, but I do have to question a club/coach who brings in two ECNL players (one is National team player btw) to play a LHGCL game two days prior to a national event. Four games in five days at this age/level is ridiculous.

I dont follow D1 as close as some so i am little behind, but could we put the names with these teams so the rest of the peanut gallery knows who to dogcuss about abusing CPP....

I watched the FC Dallas / Solar Chelsea Elite game and it was obvious that Solar was using their ECNL ringers.  In fact I am pretty sure that all 3 goals were scored by the same ECNL forward - for sure she scored 2.  Bottom line is that I also have to question a coach/club who has to constantly use ECNL players to boost their team's position in LHGCL.  I am pretty sure that these ECNL girls are already committed to big D1 schools, so what really is the point in risking injury in a lowly LHGCL game, especially when there is a big ECNL tournament in AZ this weekend?

It was a good game - both teams played hard and clean - and the refs did a good job (even though one Solar Goal was called off by the linesman and then reinstated by the head ref - FC Dallas goalie had possession and the play was dead but the solar player knocked the ball into the net.  At least that is how I saw it but I will admit that I may be a little biased - haha).  

Just a note - FC Dallas 00G has not used CPP or ECNL players this entire season and we have had some major injuries.  Really proud of this team, the coach and the players - class act all the way around - and this was a good hard fought win.  Go FC Dallas!
222, No apologies for home team bias is allowed! In fact, it should be encouraged!

Way to rock & roll FCD! Anyone paying attention could see that team Improving every week  at the end of last season... those young ladies have really stepped it up this season and are playing superbly.

Congrats to the team and parents (coaches don't get credit, unless of course, the team loses.)

__________________________________________________
Forum Politeness Disclaimer 2.0:
Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
.
avatar
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 522
Points : 2971
Join date : 2012-12-12

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum