Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Latest topics
Any pre pre-season predictions for Classic League this yearYesterday at 10:53 pmSoccerToneloc
Dad Just Figuring This OutYesterday at 09:39 pmNaturallytalented
Solar East 07 Boys Ackerson - LookingYesterday at 06:23 pmfactsmatter
Lady Aztecs FC 03G - Open SpotsYesterday at 05:12 pmLady Aztecs
Lady Aztecs FC 03G - Open SpotsYesterday at 04:55 pmLady Aztecs
03 Classic League D1Yesterday at 03:58 pmsprint
Interesting ArticleYesterday at 03:34 pmSoccerSuckers
Galaxy U-19 girls Arlington TxYesterday at 02:55 pmavandenbroeck
FBR July 16th 2018Yesterday at 01:45 pmTxFutbal
August preseason scrimmagesYesterday at 12:44 pm21forever
06 Girls Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)Yesterday at 12:15 pmU90C
Sting 02 D ParkerYesterday at 11:53 amscdp2018
Premier Cup August 10th - 12th Yesterday at 11:40 amSolar Soccer Club Events
King TUT Boys ( Too hot?)Yesterday at 11:22 amUncleof05AP
08 Boys Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)Yesterday at 10:42 amU90C
Read before posting Yesterday at 10:14 amNaturallytalented
09 Boys Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)Yesterday at 09:24 amU90C
07 Girls Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 31st-Sept 3)Yesterday at 09:11 amU90C
02 Girls Teams - SPORTS CAPITAL CLASSIC - AUSTIN (Aug 10-12)Yesterday at 09:09 amU90C
TOURNAMENT: SPORTS CAPITAL CLASSIC - AUSTIN - August 10-12Yesterday at 09:04 amU90C
FCD 08G Red Looking for PlayerYesterday at 08:37 amChristieK
FCD 08G Premier Looking for PlayerYesterday at 08:36 amChristieK
Sting 09 Asher Yesterday at 07:12 amDasher
FBR09 Rankings June 20th, 201817/07/18, 10:05 pmGloryDays
Looking for Keeper !17/07/18, 09:47 pmkscarfone77
Log in

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 12496 registered users
The newest registered user is Ntxdad1

Our users have posted a total of 179424 messages in 23778 subjects

'04 End of Season Approaching

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by ForReal on 28/04/16, 08:23 pm

How does Feet leave 05 D1 bye behind if 12-14 of their players are 04s? Doesn't it have to be 50% (or give or take a couple as LH probably has to be a bit flexible this year)? That 05AP team sure has struggled in Primetime. Maybe they keep bye but drop to D3?

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 514
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by Cleansheets on 28/04/16, 09:00 pm

go99 wrote:This reminds me of the saying "you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet" I like omelets, I mean who doesn't like a good omelet. Unless you are one of the eggs then omelets really suck. You guys can still choose not to be scrambled if you have the numbers

I prefer sunny side up.

__________________________________________________
Life is like playing goalkeeper, blink and the most important thing is past you.
avatar
Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1109
Points : 3203
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : ...is everything

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by ElClassico on 29/04/16, 11:02 am

Hard for any team to "keep the bye", especially since clubs do a pretty good job of convincing parents that ECNL bench for a 12 year old is something special.
avatar
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 360
Points : 1906
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by Shivas on 29/04/16, 11:36 am

But is that really what is "best for the organization"? It may make their teams more competitive next year, but will it serve the club long term? I'd argue it won't. As a parent with a daughter playing in LH, I would never go to an organization that treated kids that way. I'm sure Feet will survive without my daughter, and I realize North Texas soccer can be cutthroat; but this is beyond the pale in my view. Shame on them.

Shivas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 33
Points : 1640
Join date : 2014-03-09

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by jogobonito06 on 29/04/16, 11:50 am

isikzgez1 wrote:But is that really what is "best for the organization"?  It may make their teams more competitive next year, but will it serve the club long term?  I'd argue it won't.  As a parent with a daughter playing in LH, I would never go to an organization that treated kids that way.  I'm sure Feet will survive without my daughter, and I realize North Texas soccer can be cutthroat; but this is beyond the pale in my view.  Shame on them.

Don't really disagree at all. However, since LHGCL caved to the big clubs and let the clubs rather than the "team" keep the bye, you'd be hard-pressed to find a club that hasn't manipulated the system at the expense of the kids. Happens every year.

The clear message is the paying customer simply does not count and loyalty runs one way.

Most interesting is there is never any ill effect from these things. People rant and rave for awhile and then its forgotten. Because there are plenty more paying customers waiting to get in.....

avatar
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 331
Points : 1708
Join date : 2014-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by ElClassico on 29/04/16, 12:32 pm

isikzgez1 wrote:But is that really what is "best for the organization"?  It may make their teams more competitive next year, but will it serve the club long term?  I'd argue it won't.  As a parent with a daughter playing in LH, I would never go to an organization that treated kids that way.  I'm sure Feet will survive without my daughter, and I realize North Texas soccer can be cutthroat; but this is beyond the pale in my view.  Shame on them.

Is the club really interested in developing players or would they rather just fish for them using ECNL as bait?
avatar
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 360
Points : 1906
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by soccerjack on 29/04/16, 03:22 pm

ElClassico wrote:
isikzgez1 wrote:But is that really what is "best for the organization"?  It may make their teams more competitive next year, but will it serve the club long term?  I'd argue it won't.  As a parent with a daughter playing in LH, I would never go to an organization that treated kids that way.  I'm sure Feet will survive without my daughter, and I realize North Texas soccer can be cutthroat; but this is beyond the pale in my view.  Shame on them.

Is the club really interested in developing players or would they rather just fish for them using ECNL as bait?

Hasn't their jr ecnl team been a recruiting juggernaught? Or do the results take the shine off the "jr ecnl" moniker. I bet pulp can sort out who they should've kept. Shocked
avatar
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 985
Points : 2481
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by NoSpinZone on 29/04/16, 03:53 pm

soccerjack wrote:

Hasn't their jr ecnl team been a recruiting juggernaught?  Or do the results take the shine off the "jr ecnl" moniker. I bet pulp can sort out who they should've kept. Shocked

Maybe it will help his 6th place finish.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 316
Points : 2023
Join date : 2013-12-27

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by FCT2016 on 29/04/16, 04:18 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
soccerjack wrote:

Hasn't their jr ecnl team been a recruiting juggernaught?  Or do the results take the shine off the "jr ecnl" moniker. I bet pulp can sort out who they should've kept. Shocked

Maybe it will help his 6th place finish.

Everyone knows his 6th place finishing team will be in 03 Age Group. His 04 AP will be made up of his top 05 girls.

FCT2016
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 99
Points : 995
Join date : 2016-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by dreadpirateroberts on 29/04/16, 05:13 pm

This thread is entertaining.

dreadpirateroberts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 157
Points : 2060
Join date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by WisdomTeeth on 29/04/16, 09:59 pm

Solar has not had an 04 team of worth ever. Their last league game was an 0-6 blowout.
There are other clubs who have always had and are going to have far stronger 2004 squads next year.
avatar
WisdomTeeth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 77
Points : 1459
Join date : 2014-10-05

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by db10 on 30/04/16, 07:43 am

WisdomTeeth wrote:Solar has not had an 04 team of worth ever. Their last league game was an 0-6 blowout.
There are other clubs who have always had and are going to have far stronger 2004 squads next year.

I think there's one currently on top of U13 that was pretty good.

__________________________________________________
"Behind every kick of the ball there has to be a thought" - Dennis Bergkamp
avatar
db10
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 374
Points : 2427
Join date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by soccerchicken on 01/05/16, 07:51 am

So, Feet Black beats Sting Gutierrez 1-0 at State Cup (and ties 0-0 in league play).

Feet White beats Sting Gutierrez 1-0 last time they played.

Maybe a matchup between the 2 teams for all the glory?  Winner heads to ECNL, loser packs their bags?


Hmmm - in the past 2 months, Team "B" ties LHGCL teams ranked 10, 14, 15 and beats 13 1-0, while team "W" goes undefeated in D2, giving up only 3 goals (2 on direct kicks). Doesn't appear to be such a huge difference.

Reasonable to think one team has more than half their players selected for ECNL, while the other has none selected and more than half told to pack their bags?

So let's see it!!

(Plus, you could sell tickets to help cover the cost of new team uniforms for the losers!)


bock bock
avatar
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 168
Points : 1648
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by Cleansheets on 01/05/16, 08:19 am

It's about time you came out of the henhouse.

__________________________________________________
Life is like playing goalkeeper, blink and the most important thing is past you.
avatar
Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1109
Points : 3203
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : ...is everything

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by soccerjack on 01/05/16, 12:19 pm

soccerchicken wrote:So, Feet Black beats Sting Gutierrez 1-0 at State Cup (and ties 0-0 in league play).

Feet White beats Sting Gutierrez 1-0 last time they played.

Maybe a matchup between the 2 teams for all the glory?  Winner heads to ECNL, loser packs their bags?


Hmmm - in the past 2 months, Team "B" ties LHGCL teams ranked 10, 14, 15 and beats 13 1-0, while team "W" goes undefeated in D2, giving up only 3 goals (2 on direct kicks).  Doesn't appear to be such a huge difference.

Reasonable to think one team has more than half their players selected for ECNL, while the other has none selected and more than half told to pack their bags?

So let's see it!!

(Plus, you could sell tickets to help cover the cost of new team uniforms for the losers!)


bock bock

Lol. So what does the white team get if they win? To stay at the club that scorned them? They should play to keep their bye and take it where they want. Now that would be fun.
avatar
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 985
Points : 2481
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by ElClassico on 01/05/16, 12:31 pm

I think they've already proven they should keep their bye. But the winner take all scenario would be interesting and could help establish where the "gap" in D1 actually occurs. However we would never see such a blasphemous display in the JK kingdom.
avatar
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 360
Points : 1906
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by db10 on 02/05/16, 12:20 pm

Let's not get crazy...I don't think White is quite ready to steal the crown from black. But I will agree they improved a lot this spring...Kudos to the girls.

__________________________________________________
"Behind every kick of the ball there has to be a thought" - Dennis Bergkamp
avatar
db10
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 374
Points : 2427
Join date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by soccerchicken on 02/05/16, 12:44 pm

Instead of the Feet A team and B team (or the "B" team and "W" team), should they just be referred to a "A" and "A11A"?
avatar
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 168
Points : 1648
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by Lakedad on 02/05/16, 09:14 pm

If Feet makes current 05 group take D2 bye, then that team goes BOOM. Most have been there forever and the 2 parents I talked to said they wouldn't stay. Parent meeting on Wed to clear the air.
avatar
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 358
Points : 2461
Join date : 2012-10-21
Location : Lake today? I can't, my kid has soccer.

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by VultureVic on 02/05/16, 09:21 pm

Kaboom. Heard lw is looking for players. He understands common core math.

VultureVic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 194
Points : 1400
Join date : 2015-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by ForReal on 02/05/16, 09:28 pm

I can only imagine that Feet thinks it can leave its 05 bye behind for a new 05 team in D1. They're obviously entitled to leave the bye, but it shouldn't stay a D1 bye with so few 05s on that team (if any are even staying on the new 05 team). They'd be better off having the 05s who earned the D1 bye take it with them to 04 D1.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 514
Points : 2789
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by Lakedad on 02/05/16, 09:35 pm

FCT2016 wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
soccerjack wrote:

Hasn't their jr ecnl team been a recruiting juggernaught?  Or do the results take the shine off the "jr ecnl" moniker. I bet pulp can sort out who they should've kept. Shocked

Maybe it will help his 6th place finish.

Everyone knows his 6th place finishing team will be in 03 Age Group. His 04 AP will be made up of his top 05 girls.

Only 4 of the current 05 team have been asked back. All others have been told to look elsewhere.
avatar
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 358
Points : 2461
Join date : 2012-10-21
Location : Lake today? I can't, my kid has soccer.

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by Lakedad on 02/05/16, 09:39 pm

ForReal wrote:I can only imagine that Feet thinks it can leave its 05 bye behind for a new 05 team in D1. They're obviously entitled to leave the bye, but it shouldn't stay a D1 bye with so few 05s on that team (if any are even staying on the new 05 team).  They'd be better off having the 05s who earned the D1 bye take it with them to 04 D1.

If you love your daughter, you would stay away from Babek A. He will ruin your kid. Can't believe he's not been fired. 2 (TWO!) teams revolted to get him removed. Easily one of the worst coaches around for younger players.
avatar
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 358
Points : 2461
Join date : 2012-10-21
Location : Lake today? I can't, my kid has soccer.

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by sup? on 02/05/16, 09:44 pm

Lakedad wrote:If Feet makes current 05 group take D2 bye, then that team goes BOOM.  Most have been there forever and the 2 parents I talked to said they wouldn't stay.  Parent meeting on Wed to clear the air.

So, Feet 05 earned a D1 bye they can take to the 04 group

Feet is taking the White team bye and giving it to the 05 team - an 03 D2 bye.

Didn't this 05 team get beat up in Primetime 04AP?  and they think they are better than an 03 D2 bye?  LOL.  They must have been playing in the Real Cup when they thought about that.

Best answer from Feet - GET THE F OUT - Plenty of grateful 04AP players who would be excited to play in 03 D2, and probably fare better as well.

or better still - tell them to get the F out and reinstate the White team - grateful and competitive

sup?
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 7
Points : 855
Join date : 2016-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by adufresne on 02/05/16, 10:51 pm

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-----Albert Einstein

Certainly applies to this thread. It's unfortunate that a few of the White team girls are forced to move on. Been friends for years. Every team/club is realigning. D'feeters is no different. Player movement at this time of year is completely normal. It happens every year. Joey doesn't coach the White team. Babak doesn't coach the 05s anymore. I'm touched at the concern for the application of the Feet byes.

__________________________________________________
"You cant win the Kentucky Derby unless you're on a thoroughbred."

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 247
Points : 1845
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: '04 End of Season Approaching

Post by db10 on 03/05/16, 01:41 am

adufresne wrote:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
                                                   -----Albert Einstein

Certainly applies to this thread. It's unfortunate that a few of the White team girls are forced to move on. Been friends for years. Every team/club is realigning. D'feeters is no different.  Player movement at this time of year is completely normal. It happens every year. Joey doesn't coach the White team. Babak doesn't coach the 05s anymore. I'm touched at the concern for the application of the Feet byes.

I'm curious how many you think a few are because if I was a betting man I think only 5-7 move to D1. Not that more don't deserve it but by the time you combine everyone from multiple teams...

To me the big difference and why there seems to be agro is that most other clubs are, as you say, moving girls around but they're not moving them out of the club. Plus this a pretty good team as is stands who've been moving up and it's a shame that it would be blown up when really most of the parents just wanted the team to stay together and keep developing without the drama. Oh well, maybe if we were in another state or parallel universe where the girls and parents came first

...anyway the good thing is the girls are all pretty talented and should have no problem finding a spot. The toughest part now is keeping track of all the new practice uniforms...


__________________________________________________
"Behind every kick of the ball there has to be a thought" - Dennis Bergkamp
avatar
db10
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 374
Points : 2427
Join date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum