Latest topics
» 07' ODP
by TxFutbal Today at 03:28 pm

» ODP and DA to merge?
by PLAY2FEET!! Today at 03:11 pm

» Mansfield Revolution SC 02G Haub is looking for 2 players
by mcmoyer Today at 01:40 pm

» LH Week 4
by soccertard Today at 01:21 pm

» Hi-Pod Pro For Sale
by RightWingDad Today at 12:50 pm

» FC Dallas 09G West Willett
by terps37 Today at 10:55 am

» Liverpool 09 girls FLYNN
by LP_Elite Today at 10:02 am

» ODP training locations?
by Sillyparentsitsjustsoccer Today at 08:49 am

» Lake Highlands - Week 4 - Games of the week
by greaterisHe Today at 08:43 am

» Game of the Week:
by SickofSilliness Today at 07:13 am

» 09 Girls Teams - THE ROCK (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Yesterday at 01:56 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 20/09/17, 09:15 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 20/09/17, 09:14 pm

» Dallas International Girls Cup 2018 - Play Against Top Teams
by MikeStebbins 20/09/17, 05:01 pm

» Dallas International Girls Cup 2018 - Play Against Top Teams
by MikeStebbins 20/09/17, 05:00 pm

» FC Frisco Storm 04G - 1 to 2 Players
by FriscoStorm04G 20/09/17, 03:59 pm

» LP Elite looking for players
by LP_Elite 20/09/17, 02:33 pm

» LP Elite looking for players
by LP_Elite 20/09/17, 02:32 pm

» Coming soon!
by LP_Elite 20/09/17, 02:19 pm

» Twisted Parenting
by TxFutbal 20/09/17, 01:30 pm

» Solar 11G Evans - Looking for players
by alw8585 20/09/17, 12:43 pm

» Lake Highlands - Week 3
by BigErn 20/09/17, 12:43 pm

» FBR09 Rankings September 18th, 2017
by ProDallas 20/09/17, 10:16 am

» Sting Weigelt 10/11 Looking for players
by sting08 20/09/17, 09:47 am

» Sting Academy Kit #14 - YS ($75 obo)
by soccer&lotsmoresoccer 20/09/17, 08:54 am

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11346 registered users
The newest registered user is natdogg11

Our users have posted a total of 162900 messages in 20458 subjects

04 AP Team Selections

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by purezen on 23/05/16, 10:14 am

Agreed. Several of those teams listed as playing 04 will be in 03

purezen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 142
Join date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by Dec2020 on 23/05/16, 12:14 pm

Can anyone help clear things up for me? Try not to be too sarcastic with replies. I'm just trying to figure this out. So.... If you have 04 teams with byes and 05 teams with byes, all these teams with byes have the option to play 04 as long as players are AP. What if you have too many byes for a division or maybe that's impossible? One more quest, if there is a new LH Jr ENCL division, what happens to the D1 bye given to a team that is retaining many players which will now be a Jr ENCL?

Dec2020
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 40
Points : 1019
Join date : 2015-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by dreadpirateroberts on 23/05/16, 12:48 pm

Dec2020 wrote:Can anyone help clear things up for me? Try not to be too sarcastic with replies. I'm just trying to figure this out.  So.... If you have 04 teams with byes and 05 teams with byes, all these teams with byes have the option to play 04 as long as players are AP. What if you have too many byes for a division or maybe that's impossible? One more quest, if there is a new LH Jr ENCL division, what happens to the D1 bye given to a team that is retaining many players which will now be a Jr ENCL?

The Lake Highlands website discusses the byes- essentially there is a deadline (may have just passed) by when each club must state it's intention to play as 04 or 05 or whatevever. After receiving those the league will attempt to sort it out. But the clubs can choose which way to go.
To also be considered- with all the turnover, some teams won't return 50% of their original roster so technically their bye is subject to the league regarding divisional placement.

dreadpirateroberts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 144
Points : 1747
Join date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by SD69 on 23/05/16, 03:36 pm

I would hope the league would give considerable leeway regarding the 50% rule this year. Lots of players moving around mid-club due to AP.
avatar
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1333
Points : 3193
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by thunderlipz on 23/05/16, 04:27 pm

I think there is some confusion on the LH PDL league. From what I understand this league is being made available to the Texas conference ECNL clubs only, but has nothing to do with ECNL or Jr ECNL at all. My sources have told me that PDL will pretty much be Scrimmages between the Texas conference ECNL clubs, no keeping standing or scores. If this is the case? I don't really see how this is beneficial at all. Seems like a money grab to me. Who wants to pay all the travel and hotel and expenses just to scrimmage other teams? ECNL is the most competitive environment in youth soccer, how does this prepare any player for ECNL?

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 184
Points : 2356
Join date : 2011-10-17

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by Kessinger on 23/05/16, 05:09 pm

So, if I understand this correctly, Rush (#1 '05) and Liverpool (#4 '04) won't be included in the '04 LH PDL?

Kessinger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 15
Points : 1097
Join date : 2014-10-05

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by thunderlipz on 23/05/16, 05:17 pm

Kessinger wrote:So, if I understand this correctly, Rush (#1 '05) and Liverpool (#4 '04) won't be included in the '04 LH PDL?
Yes, That is correct.

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 184
Points : 2356
Join date : 2011-10-17

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by BigErn on 23/05/16, 11:25 pm

thunderlipz wrote:I think there is some confusion on the LH PDL league. From what I understand this league is being made available to the Texas conference ECNL clubs only, but has nothing to do with ECNL or Jr ECNL at all. My sources have told me that PDL will pretty much be Scrimmages between the Texas conference ECNL clubs, no keeping standing or scores. If this is the case? I don't really see how this is beneficial at all. Seems like a money grab to me. Who wants to pay all the travel and hotel and expenses just to scrimmage other teams? ECNL is the most competitive environment in youth soccer, how does this prepare any player for ECNL?
 

You're right that this isn't an ECNL program, but not sure why you question it being beneficial or mention money grab/hotel/travel? This program is beneficial because those teams will be playing against primarily top competition week in and out.  It's comprised of only the five ECNL Clubs in D/FW with two teams per club allowed -- US Club so rosters are fluid ... great prep for the year prior to true ECNL.

BigErn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 362
Points : 1482
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by thunderlipz on 24/05/16, 12:16 am

BigErn wrote:
thunderlipz wrote:I think there is some confusion on the LH PDL league. From what I understand this league is being made available to the Texas conference ECNL clubs only, but has nothing to do with ECNL or Jr ECNL at all. My sources have told me that PDL will pretty much be Scrimmages between the Texas conference ECNL clubs, no keeping standing or scores. If this is the case? I don't really see how this is beneficial at all. Seems like a money grab to me. Who wants to pay all the travel and hotel and expenses just to scrimmage other teams? ECNL is the most competitive environment in youth soccer, how does this prepare any player for ECNL?
 

You're right that this isn't an ECNL program, but not sure why you question it being beneficial or mention money grab/hotel/travel? This program is beneficial because those teams will be playing against primarily top competition week in and out.  It's comprised of only the five ECNL Clubs in D/FW with two teams per club allowed -- US Club so rosters are fluid ... great prep for the year prior to true ECNL.
I don't know, just seems a lot cheaper to set up scrimmages with local clubs or older teams within your own club. Those are free right? also, I don't know why you think this is going to involve the best players from these clubs? That seems like a big assumption IMO. Oh and a lot of the best players in NTX won't be involved because they don't play for one of these 5 clubs.

Also, how does playing non competitive games with no standings and no scores prepare any player for ECNL? Does ECNL keep scores and standings? Seems like polar opposites from ECNL outside of the only teams being invited being ECNL clubs. I do question LH motives for creating such a league. #momoney$$$

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 184
Points : 2356
Join date : 2011-10-17

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by TatonkaBurger on 24/05/16, 08:23 am

I think thunderlipz is on to something here.  I am having a hard time understanding the earth shattering premise behind this new league.  Sure, it is exclusive... but what else?  I have a hard time believing that each of the five ECNL clubs will field 2 very competitive teams in certain age groups.  Heck I have a hard time believing one of the clubs will even have 1 competitive team in some age groups.
avatar
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1099
Points : 2868
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by BigErn on 24/05/16, 08:33 am

thunderlipz --

After the past three weeks or so of AP workouts at the top five, you can bet that the top talent from each of these clubs will be playing on the top two teams in each new AP group. And you can also bet that the majority of the top talent from non ECNL clubs have now positioned themselves on top teams at these clubs and will continue to do so going forward ... just the nature of the beast. Lots of movement the past couple of weeks.

We're not naive enough to think that even though no standings are kept, the games won't be fiercely competitive with every participant, coach and player knowing the score of each game are we? LH was dying ... if they didn't make this move, they'd be Plano in a matter of years.

BigErn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 362
Points : 1482
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by jogobonito06 on 24/05/16, 08:37 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:I think thunderlipz is on to something here.  I am having a hard time understanding the earth shattering premise behind this new league.  Sure, it is exclusive... but what else?  I have a hard time believing that each of the five ECNL clubs will field 2 very competitive teams in certain age groups.  Heck I have a hard time believing one of the clubs will even have 1 competitive team in some age groups.

Not sure why its only in soccer that not keeping score is seen as a key to "development"? We seem to "develop" pretty good football, basketball, volleyball, softball and baseball players in leagues that keep score. Heck, kids keep score on the playground.

The argument that things like winning League and State Cup, etc. is only for water-cooler parents is nonsense. Ask a player.

That said, the merger of Kicks-Feet is the first shoe to drop and will start a trend for the top players to migrate this direction.
avatar
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 267
Points : 1334
Join date : 2014-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by adufresne on 24/05/16, 08:40 am

Just because you don't play for an ECNL club, doesn't mean you can't play with one of the teams in this league. DL will be sanctioned by US and not NTX. Your player is not bound by her contract in this format.

__________________________________________________
"You cant win the Kentucky Derby unless you're on a thoroughbred."

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 241
Points : 1539
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by thunderlipz on 24/05/16, 09:29 am

BigErn wrote:thunderlipz --

After the past three weeks or so of AP workouts at the top five, you can bet that the top talent from each of these clubs will be playing on the top two teams in each new AP group.  And you can also bet that the majority of the top talent from non ECNL clubs have now positioned themselves on top teams at these clubs and will continue to do so going forward ... just the nature of the beast.  Lots of movement the past couple of weeks.

We're not naive enough to think that even though no standings are kept, the games won't be fiercely competitive with every participant, coach and player knowing the score of each game are we?  LH was dying ... if they didn't make this move, they'd be Plano in a matter of years.
Your clearly very naive. 2 of the top 5 won't even be involved in this. LP Elite and Dallas Rush? Like most parents I'm sure you will be reporting scores and chattering about who beat who, that doesn't mean this will be competitive at all. Somebody call BWG cause we are going to need a PDL ranking system!!!!

Why would LH be like Plano? What makes you think this?

People putting stock in leagues like this are kidding themselves. IMO, this is collusion at its finest and LH has said we favor the big 5 here in NTX.

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 184
Points : 2356
Join date : 2011-10-17

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by Can_I_Kick_It? on 24/05/16, 10:33 am

So will the big 5's top team play in the PDL and D1?

Can_I_Kick_It?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Points : 515
Join date : 2016-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by thunderlipz on 24/05/16, 10:53 am

I do not think that will be the case. I believe PDL will be used to get D2 & D3 players extra touches and that is the way it should be approached. JR ECNL events is where you will see the top players from the Big 5 competing. That is where all the visibility will be.

However, here in NTX we seem to have an abundance of coaches, I would consider talent assemblers, not real legitimate soccer coaches!! Most of theses guys & gals recruit top talent, then build a name and reputation based on that. It is my experience and belief that most of the actual coaches that can teach the game are coaching either at an independent club or are in or have been in the ECNL ranks. It's interesting in the AP 04 landscape right now because some of these coaches that can actually teach the game are throwing their hat in the game in preparation for ECNL next year. I think they understand that it will be extremely hard to squeeze 2 years into the next year for majority of the girls that want to play ECNL. Depending on how coaches use PDL, I think will determine whether some coaches get exposed for who they really are or prove that they can actually coach at a high level or not.

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 184
Points : 2356
Join date : 2011-10-17

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by BigErn on 24/05/16, 11:55 am

C'mon now lipz -- surely you're better than this ...

LP Elite is playing 03 next year and, very sadly, will likely be a shell of what they were due to player loss. Dallas Rush (a team I know and love) should be fine playing up in LH D1 AP 04 against mostly 3rd teams, but unfortunately wouldn't likely be very competitive against any of the top teams at ECNL clubs in the age group based on recent results and stacking of new rosters (i.e. Rush loses by an embarrassing number to Solar 05 which has recently been beaten handily by top squads like FCD).

It seems you adamantly oppose this fact, but LH is dying due to a number of factors ...

Top talent and coaches are naturally being drawn to ECNL clubs and this will continue to be the case. ECNL clubs have/will be forming "2nd" teams identified as "composite". Additionally, ECNL is now starting at younger ages (as young as U8) and you'll see these groups begin to form in NTX soon. This year, the ECNL and ECNL composite will make up the first and second tier. As I'm sure you've heard, next year with the introduction of USSF DA, there will be 3 top tiers of young ladies competing outside of LH for AP 04 age group and up, and potentially as young as AP 07.

And BTW -- Have a look at my number of posts ... not much of a chatterer.

BigErn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 362
Points : 1482
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by JonSneauxTargaryen on 24/05/16, 12:05 pm

Whats so beneficial about the PDL if the training regimen from the coach isn't any different?

A bunch of words in a title to make parents feel their kid is apart of something important. Thats pretty clever but really it isnt.

__________________________________________________
"When enough people make false promises words stop meaning anything and then there are no more answers only better and better lies" --Jon Snow/Aegon VII Targaryen
avatar
JonSneauxTargaryen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 214
Points : 1078
Join date : 2015-05-13
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by Can_I_Kick_It? on 24/05/16, 12:07 pm

So what about DTS? Last I checked they were still a top team across three different age groups. If GA is not involved in the PDL I can't see him letting them cherry pick his teams apart.

Can_I_Kick_It?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Points : 515
Join date : 2016-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by BigErn on 24/05/16, 12:23 pm

GA is involved.

BigErn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 362
Points : 1482
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 on 24/05/16, 12:27 pm

Can_I_Kick_It? wrote:So what about DTS? Last I checked they were still a top team across three different age groups. If GA is not involved in the PDL I can't see him letting them cherry pick his teams apart.
Guess you missed these GA:
http://www.txsoccer.net/t30892-dts-04ap-u13-lh-jr-developmental-league

Solar CP and JA as well:
http://www.txsoccer.net/t30246-solar-chelsea-lh-jdl-pre-ecnl-04g-ap-training-schedule
avatar
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1692
Points : 4682
Join date : 2010-09-07
Location : Next to a Grill cooking something good

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by thunderlipz on 24/05/16, 12:33 pm

FriscoSoccer2004 wrote:
Can_I_Kick_It? wrote:So what about DTS? Last I checked they were still a top team across three different age groups. If GA is not involved in the PDL I can't see him letting them cherry pick his teams apart.
Guess you missed these GA:
http://www.txsoccer.net/t30892-dts-04ap-u13-lh-jr-developmental-league

Solar CP and JA as well:
http://www.txsoccer.net/t30246-solar-chelsea-lh-jdl-pre-ecnl-04g-ap-training-schedule
Please explain what JR Development league is? Does this LH new league have anything to do with ECNL directly?

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 184
Points : 2356
Join date : 2011-10-17

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 24/05/16, 12:53 pm

BigErn wrote:C'mon now lipz -- surely you're better than this ...

LP Elite is playing 03 next year and, very sadly, will likely be a shell of what they were due to player loss.  Dallas Rush (a team I know and love) should be fine playing up in LH D1 AP 04 against mostly 3rd teams, but unfortunately wouldn't likely be very competitive against any of the top teams at ECNL clubs in the age group based on recent results and stacking of new rosters (i.e. Rush loses by an embarrassing number to Solar 05 which has recently been beaten handily by top squads like FCD).  

It seems you adamantly oppose this fact, but LH is dying due to a number of factors ...

Top talent and coaches are naturally being drawn to ECNL clubs and this will continue to be the case.  ECNL clubs have/will be forming "2nd" teams identified as "composite".  Additionally, ECNL is now starting at younger ages (as young as U8) and you'll see these groups begin to form in NTX soon.  This year, the ECNL and ECNL composite will make up the first and second tier.  As I'm sure you've heard, next year with the introduction of USSF DA, there will be 3 top tiers of young ladies competing outside of LH for AP 04 age group and up, and potentially as young as AP 07.  

And BTW -- Have a look at my number of posts ... not much of a chatterer.

Ring the bell and count them out is the whispering I'm hearing.. I like it when a plan comes together..
avatar
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 840
Points : 2917
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by Can_I_Kick_It? on 24/05/16, 02:56 pm

So what will happens to the 2nd tier teams after U13 will they revert back to Classic League? If so, will they have to re-qualify or will they steal bye from another team within the club that earns a D1 bye? Do they stay secluded playing in a meaningless backup ECNL division within LH?

Can_I_Kick_It?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Points : 515
Join date : 2016-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by BigErn on 24/05/16, 03:55 pm

Can_I_Kick_It? wrote:So what will happens to the 2nd tier teams after U13 will they revert back to Classic League? If so, will they have to re-qualify or will they steal bye from another team within the club that earns a D1 bye? Do they stay secluded playing in a meaningless backup ECNL division within LH?

They'll compete in the ECNL Composite league. Similar to top tier ECNL, they will participate in ECNL regional league + tournament play. You could look at it as an "ECNL D2".

For those ECNL composite teams at FCD and Solar next year (17/18) ... The majority of the ladies playing on the composite squads will then serve as the top tier ECNL sides, while most of the participants on the first teams will make up/be competing for USSF DA spots.

BigErn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 362
Points : 1482
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 AP Team Selections

Post by jogobonito06 on 24/05/16, 03:58 pm

Rut ro....Big Ern let the cat out of the bag.....LOL
avatar
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 267
Points : 1334
Join date : 2014-10-30

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum