North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

State Cup Result Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

State Cup Result

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

State Cup Result Empty State Cup Result

Post by Packrabbit 01/05/16, 05:49 pm

State Cup got going this weekend... Interesting results thus far!

Brackets thru 2 matches...

Bracket A................. Pts.... W-L-D
Andromeda............ 16pts... 2-0-0
Liverpool Toshack--    1pts... 0-1-0
Sting Ferretti--------   0pts... 0-1-0
No surprise here,  Andro moving forward

Bracket B
DTX Red FTW------- 13pts... 1-0-1
Sting Parker-------- 12pts... 1-0-1
Sting Garrett--------  4pts... 0-1-1
Sting West----------- 4pts... 0-1-1
Interesting! Appears Red didn't show up to earn development!  A mad max cage match tomorrow, "2 men enter, one man leave!"...Cinderella DTX Red vs Sting Parker tomorrow!

Bracket C
Sting Brown---------20pts... 2-0-0
FCD-P -------------- 20pts... 2-0-0
FCUSA TX ----------  0pts... 0-2-0
Solar Hopkins ------  0pts... 0-2-0
Speaking of development... What happened to the 3rd place LHGCL team-- Solar Hopkins (0GF, 8GA) this weekend? I wonder if those solar ECNL matches scheduled for this weekend had an impact on Hopkins roster?  Shocked .. Naaaahhhh.

Who's moving forward?

Semi Finals
Semi-Finals A
Bracket A #1 vs Wildcard #1

Semi-Finals B
Bracket B #1 vs Bracket C #1

Final
Semi-Finals A Winner vs Semi-Finals B Winner

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

State Cup Result Empty Re: State Cup Result

Post by Vargueno 01/05/16, 08:18 pm

What happened to the 3rd place LHGCL team-- Solar Hopkins (0GF, 8GA) this weekend? I wonder if those solar ECNL matches scheduled for this weekend had an impact on Hopkins roster? Shocked .. Naaaahhhh.

Mr Rabbit,

Solar Hopkins was a last minute addition after the deadline as Elite pulled out. Our Coach opted out originally because we had 7 players attending College ID camps during the same time. The roster was a mixture of Elite and Hopkins players but many were missing this weekend.

As far as the whole ECNL roster goes we only used some of the players during three games during the Fall. We never had all of them at the same game. Our record was 1-1-1 with them and 8-1-1 without their assistance. We played many teams that used CPP players during more games than we had our own help.

Vargueno
Vargueno
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/05/16, 10:23 pm

I can not for the life of me, figure out why anyone would ever use an ECNL player in a non-ECNL event. I mean, it's been going on for several years now and so far, no ECNL player has ever had an impact on a game. I think NTX needs to run a few more clinics, on the identification of and proper use of, a ringer.

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 02/05/16, 07:39 am

In all seriousness, and this has been bashed around for years, can certainly see the benefit to the ECNL player that dual rosters...more touches, exposure, etc..  But, as far as the associated ECNL/LH teams, that practice has to be terribly disruptive at times.  Especially the LH team.  I guess "bench" players just get used to playing when the ECNL players are not around and the parents who pay the fees just accept it.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 02/05/16, 02:28 pm

Anyone know if North Texas has cancelled tonight?

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by goodsport 02/05/16, 02:36 pm

Not yet, hotline says we should know by 4pm.

goodsport
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by goodsport 02/05/16, 03:02 pm

Just updated games are on for tonight at both UTD and Richland.

goodsport
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom0399 02/05/16, 10:40 pm

Vargueno:
I have a question.  How can this be a last minute decision from Solar Hopkins?  Rosters were to be frozen on April 14th.  Was there a special consideration for this new mixture of teams?
soccermom0399
soccermom0399
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 03/05/16, 02:30 am

Heard tonight's game between Parker and DT Red was fabulous! Ended 0-0. From both sides that it was fast, end to end, hard-fought soccer...glad to hear that amongst the other stuff. Both teams came to play! Good luck to those who move on.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 03/05/16, 08:03 am

Dad, your assessment is correct. Very tight, hard fought, and really pretty clean game. Both teams had their chances. The teams left it on the field. Was a fun watch.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 05/05/16, 09:52 am

Semi Finals:
Andromeda vs FCD-P

DTX-Red FTW vs Sting Dallas

What's the good word on each of these teams?
I'm assuming all the teams have somewhat revised their rosters for State Cup... Or no?

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsnerd 05/05/16, 01:00 pm

For DTFW the only revision was a goalie as the original goalie is hurt and nursing a hip flexor injury. They picked up a CPP from a 00 player that had played with the team the year before but moved onto the 98 team for the season. other then that, this team is exactly as it has been all year.

sportsnerd
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 07/05/16, 05:48 pm

For those of you following along:
Semi-Finals
Andro 2 FCD-P 1
DTX 1 Sting Dallas 0 in OT

State Cup Finalist:
Andromeda vs DTX Red FTW

Both teams moving forward in the tournament.

Predictions & Prognostications?

Good Luck to both teams tomorrow!

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 07/05/16, 06:45 pm

From what I understand, both teams advance since Andro already got a spot from PL?? Is that right? Both good teams congrats to them for beating 2 other good teams.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 08/05/16, 07:13 pm

Heard that Andro won a hard fought game 1-0 on a great shot with about 10 minutes left...

Congrats to Andro for the win!
Congrats to DT Red for their strong second place.
I have been saying it this entire year, but DT Red is one of the best teams I have seen play this year. In addition to their victory in PLD, they won D2, and they have shown that they were extremely competitive with plenty of LH D1 teams throughout the year (especially in State Cup). No reason to hang your heads after this one ladies.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 08/05/16, 07:57 pm

Thanks Dad, was a great tourny run. Nothing easy at all for sure. It was a great shot that won it.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DrPepper 08/05/16, 08:13 pm

Well done Andro! A consistent, hard working team that dominated large portions of the match. Premier League Champions and now State Cup Champions!

DrPepper
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 09/05/16, 12:08 am

Well done Red Sting Killer! Here are your Props!

DTX Red FTW State Recap:
5 MP 2-1-2, 3GF, 1GA

Red definitely took care of business and won Sting Cup. I'm wondering if there were goal nets on the field when Red played Sting?
VS
Sting Garrett, 0-0
Sting West, 2-0
Sting Parker, 0-0
Sting Brown, 1-0 OT

Good Luck in Regionals!

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 09/05/16, 11:35 am

[quote="Packrabbit"]State Cup got going this weekend... Interesting results thus far!

Bracket C
Speaking of development... What happened to the 3rd place LHGCL team-- Solar Hopkins (0GF, 8GA) this weekend?  I wonder if those solar ECNL matches scheduled for this weekend had an impact on Hopkins roster?  Shocked .. Naaaahhhh, Solar Chelsea had a lot of girls (including my own dd who is recovering from ankle surgery) who were not able to play (and no, the ECNL matches didn't impact us as we were not planning on using the players.)

Thanks for Asking Pack.

Best of luck to the teams moving on. Very Happy
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IAKM 09/05/16, 11:52 am

DrPepper wrote:Well done Andro! A consistent, hard working team that dominated large portions of the match. Premier League Champions and now State Cup Champions!

It was a great game to watch. Congratulations to Andromeda 00 on a great tournament. Props to Texans goalie, she made several great saves in the finals. Good Luck to both teams at Regionals.

IAKM
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 09/05/16, 02:43 pm

Yeah. I in no way meant to diminish congrats to Andro...I really like that team. I just wanted to give props to a D2 that has proven (at least to me) that they can play with (and beat many of) the top teams in D1.

Andro was the favorite, and it is very difficult to go ahead and do what people expect even when you are as good as they are. Both teams...and frankly the other semifinalists deserve a pat on the back.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 10/05/16, 12:45 am

Vargueno wrote:What happened to the 3rd place LHGCL team-- Solar Hopkins (0GF, 8GA) this weekend? I wonder if those solar ECNL matches scheduled for this weekend had an impact on Hopkins roster?  Shocked .. Naaaahhhh.

Mr Rabbit,

Solar Hopkins was a last minute addition after the deadline as Elite pulled out. Our Coach opted out originally because we had 7 players attending College ID camps during the same time. The roster was a mixture of Elite and Hopkins players but many were missing this weekend.

As far as the whole ECNL roster goes we only used some of the players during three games during the Fall.

We never had all of them at the same game. Our record was 1-1-1 with them and 8-1-1 without their assistance. We played many teams that used CPP players during more games than we had our own help.
Please clarify: Solar Chelsea "only used SOME" and "never had ALL of them"...

What is the actual number of dual-rostered players and CPP that constitute "all" and "some"?
Is that <= than 4, 5?

InaB wrote:
Packrabbit wrote:State Cup got going this weekend... Interesting results thus far!

Bracket C
Speaking of development... What happened to the 3rd place LHGCL team-- Solar Hopkins (0GF, 8GA) this weekend?  I wonder if those solar ECNL matches scheduled for this weekend had an impact on Hopkins roster?  Shocked .. Naaaahhhh,

Solar Chelsea had a lot of girls (including my own dd who is recovering from ankle surgery) who were not able to play (and no, the ECNL matches didn't impact us as we were not planning on using the players.)

Thanks for Asking Pack.

Best of luck to the teams moving on. Very Happy
ImaB, sincerely hope your DD has a speedy recovery.  Ditto to those teams moving on!

Varg & ImaB:
The recent debate on the use of CPP and ECNL players has usually had two points view:
#1:  A player should play with the team it routinely trains with.  Sitting players who do train regularly with the team is not in the spirit of the rule.

#2: Adding a defender, midfielder and scorer here, and subtracting a weaker defender, midfielder there, doesn't make a difference.

Some facts to note:
*#1 Solar "Elite" LHGCL record: 13MP, 11-0-2, 46GF, 8GA
*#3 Solar "Chelsea" LHGCL record: 13MP, 9-2-2, 20GF, 9GA
*#3 Solar "Chelsea" State Cup record:  3MP, 0-3-0, 1GF, 10GA
*ECNL players, by rule, are not allowed to play or be rostered for more than one match per day.
*Solar ECNL had matches on 4/30 and 5/1.

Whether certain players were injured, attending ID camps or playing in an ECNL matches, one should assume the remaining players of combined LHGCL #1 Solar "Elite" and #3 Solar "Chelsea", should (IMO) have been more competitive than 3 Losses, 1GF, 10GA in 3 matches.

If we are intellectually honest, Solar "Chelsea" and Solar "Elite" has demonstrated that a scorer, defender and midfielder here and there, clearly does matter.

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 10/05/16, 08:41 am

Hi Pack, I do know better than to argue with you (especially when you are posting so late into the night) because you are worse than a dog hunting a (excuse the pun) rabbit in its warren. The State results were sad, but the team hadn't planned to play in the tournament exactly for the reasons stated. Not because we didn't have ECNL players. A lot of our starters were going to be gone for ID camps, or injuries.

We won our last two games of the season with our regular roster. They were hard fought games that could have gone either way. However, our girls played hard and won. We have come out on top in any number of tournaments this season. We have also not done as well in some tournaments.

I like you Pack as you can liven things up a lot on the board. That being said, I want to wish you a great day (and get some sleep).

With the changes to age pure happening, it is anyone's guess as to how teams will shake out this coming season. It is going to be very difficult for teams and players. I wish everyone the best of luck as we head toward July.

Peace out you Wascally Wabbit.

InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 12/05/16, 07:55 pm

InaB wrote:Hi Pack, I do know better than to argue with you (especially when you are posting so late into the night) because you are worse than a dog hunting a (excuse the pun) rabbit in its warren. The State results were sad, but the team hadn't planned to play in the tournament exactly for the reasons stated. Not because we didn't have ECNL players. A lot of our starters were going to be gone for ID camps, or injuries.

We won our last two games of the season with our regular roster. They were hard fought games that could have gone either way. However, our girls played hard and won. We have come out on top in any number of tournaments this season. We have also not done as well in some tournaments.

I like you Pack as you can liven things up a lot on the board. That being said, I want to wish you a great day (and get some sleep).

With the changes to age pure happening, it is anyone's guess as to how teams will shake out this coming season. It is going to be very difficult for teams and players. I wish everyone the best of luck as we head toward July.

Peace out you Wascally Wabbit.

InaB, my dearest sideline cocktail companion: We never argue! However, every Blue Moon we will vigorously dual wit and wisdom over relevant issues of the day! I do not doubt your or Vargueno's sincerity of pride in your team nor the two teams' players tenacity, skill and work ethic.

The Issue of the Day is whether you and Vargueno consider dual-rostered players apart of Solar Elite & Chelsea's above "regular rosters"?

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 13/05/16, 08:32 am

Well good morning pack. I can tell you this, that for the majority of our season (including tournaments) Solar C has played and invested time in our core team. On a couple of occasions, we used dual roster players, one game which we won and a couple which we lost. So, I wouldn't say that using them gave us much of an advantage, especially since we were playing teams who also added ECNL players to their rosters. (Which was why we used them.)

As to using them above our starters, no the coach did not play them above our team players time wise on the field.

Have a "hoppy" day. Very Happy
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next