Latest topics
Real Colorado leaving Girls DA27/03/20, 07:39 pm918soccer
YNT Mini-Camp27/03/20, 10:48 amNoSpinZone
U90C eSports Tournaments24/03/20, 07:19 pmU90C
United GoalkeepingUSA; WE CARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH24/03/20, 05:58 amunitedgoalkeepingusa
United GoalkeepingUSA,WE CARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH!!24/03/20, 05:54 amunitedgoalkeepingusa
TP Supplies19/03/20, 07:40 pmBENDMEOVER
What Happened At The NTX Celtic Game?18/03/20, 01:52 pmCATX
Coronavirus Thread18/03/20, 10:08 amBig Ern
Remove the SPAM17/03/20, 08:06 pmBig Ern
Rayos 07 Martinez10/03/20, 11:29 pmgarcia2235
Skills Training in Dallas TX10/03/20, 04:00 pmcityfutsal
Skills Training in Richardson TX10/03/20, 03:58 pmcityfutsal
Richardson TX Training Camps10/03/20, 03:52 pmcityfutsal
FCD DA vs Solar DA '0510/03/20, 01:22 pmmykidsmom
Impact FC 06G Bertelsen/Roster Additions09/03/20, 06:49 pmImpactRoyal
Renegades 12G North - Blanton 08/03/20, 10:23 pmtareyncarol
Spring Break Camps Start Next Week!06/03/20, 05:02 pmcityfutsal
A FREE Pick-Up Party Just For You (3/8/20)06/03/20, 04:58 pmcityfutsal
6v6 Soccer Leagues @ City Sports Park06/03/20, 04:53 pmcityfutsal
4v4 Soccer Leagues @ City Sports Park06/03/20, 04:50 pmcityfutsal
Renegades 2010G Open Trainings06/03/20, 03:55 pmRenegades Soccer Club
Renegades 2010G Open Trainings06/03/20, 03:55 pmRenegades Soccer Club
Summer team changes05/03/20, 01:59 pmMpereztx10
RISE8 FC 07 looking to add a few players to roster 05/03/20, 10:34 amCccrushers
06 GK Looking To Guest Play In Dallas Cup - April 5-12, 202004/03/20, 05:59 pmkahakugk
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14150 registered users
The newest registered user is SoccerBasics

Our users have posted a total of 196158 messages in 27796 subjects

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by thefly1 on 19/07/16, 04:36 pm

Shake_and_Bake wrote:Not seeing the Kounas thing, although the name does stick with you.  They  won a Silver B bracket primarily because Solar White only played three games and they played four.  Never going to win a pool at qualifying.

Liverpool with only 2 teams in qualifying?  Highest ranked team is Raisbeck, which I don't know much about.  It's been a while since LP was this invisible at qualifying.      

And Fever Stephen got 4th in silver b and they moved up to 15th. It will be interesting for sure.

thefly1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Join date : 2013-08-09

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by Bodhisattva on 20/07/16, 11:54 am

I'd like to say "settle it on the field" with established teams, but all these JDLs and bigger clubs have on duel rosters for the sake of qualifying. Frozen rosters should be established by King Tut through the LHGCL season. Duel rosters contradict true rankings and even true games because no one ever knows who is stacking players any given Saturday or Sunday. IMHO.

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 363
Points : 2021
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by Guest on 20/07/16, 12:57 pm

Bracket A - Solar Blue
Bracket B - DTS
Bracket C - DT Glotzbach
Bracket D - Solar Byars
Bracket E - D'Feeters Colon
Bracket F - FCD Red
Bracket G - LP Raisbeck
Bracket H - FCD East
Bracket I - Defeeters Hollis
Bracket J - Kounas

Fever Phiri
Tx Spirit Monk

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by 06Southgirl on 20/07/16, 01:54 pm

Bodhisattva wrote:I'd like to say "settle it on the field" with established teams, but all these JDLs and bigger clubs have on duel rosters for the sake of qualifying. Frozen rosters should be established by King Tut through the LHGCL season. Duel rosters contradict true rankings and even true games because no one ever knows who is stacking players any given Saturday or Sunday. IMHO.

What you may see this season is clubs that have a team in LH that have room on their roster adding players to their roster from their clubs JDL team.  Since JDL will be US Club those players aren't on a North Texas roster unless that team is also doing LH.  So technically those players (once added to the North Texas roster) are members on both teams if they are rostered on a JDL team and a LH team.

For JDL teams you may see players invited from their clubs sister teams to play in JDL games if there is room on that roster.  I have heard the term pool of players used many times.  A more flexible roster.    It will be interesting to watch and learn this year.  Just wish the written rules were released for all to see.  If I have missed a link to those please correct me and provide me the link !!
06Southgirl
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Posts : 442
Points : 2662
Join date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by SD69 on 20/07/16, 02:09 pm

I'm still not entirely convinced that these JDL and Champion's Leagues aren't "vapor leagues". It would be nice if LH would post something, anything, regarding their existence on their website.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1365
Points : 4148
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by wittymgr on 21/07/16, 08:55 am

Why don't you ask your coach or DOC which teams they have selected (JDL) or have been invited (CL) to play in these events?
SD69 wrote:I'm still not entirely convinced that these JDL and Champion's Leagues aren't "vapor leagues". It would be nice if LH would post something, anything, regarding their existence on their website.
wittymgr
wittymgr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 302
Points : 4324
Join date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by SD69 on 21/07/16, 09:08 am

Already know about our team. Would just like to know what other teams are there and what rules are different. Will they be more aligned with ECNL rules or Classic. LH should already have this info.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1365
Points : 4148
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by AtThePitch on 21/07/16, 09:09 am

Full ECNL rules starting at U12. Including the lovely limited substitutions rule... GASP! HAHA
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 709
Points : 3779
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by LittleFireball on 21/07/16, 08:57 pm

Wow.... Some interesting early results from qualifier.

LittleFireball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Points : 1684
Join date : 2015-09-17

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by Guest on 22/07/16, 10:13 am

LittleFireball wrote:Wow.... Some interesting early results from qualifier.

I said a few weeks back this may have been the most inaccurate FBR rankings and LH seeding for a variety of reasons primarily AP and JDL. With that being said, it looks like last night was very competitive based on the scores. Most of the top teams play tonight. We will see if that trend continues.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by Zizou on 22/07/16, 12:17 pm

AtThePitch wrote:Full ECNL rules starting at U12. Including the lovely limited substitutions rule... GASP! HAHA

7 subs a half no re-entry in the half. Is more than enough subs for a game. Watching qualifiying matches so far I have not seen that many subs used in a half yet.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 4874
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad on 22/07/16, 01:06 pm

Zizou wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:Full ECNL rules starting at U12. Including the lovely limited substitutions rule... GASP! HAHA

7 subs a half no re-entry in the half. Is more than enough subs for a game. Watching qualifying matches so far I have not seen that many subs used in a half yet.

The no re-entry is tougher than the max subs for this age.  Unless you have 16 kids for 9v9, you will not have 7 subs with no re-entry
For a "development league", is it in the best interest of development for no "re-entry"?  A player may need to come off for a few minutes for coaching, but they cannot re-enter the game for that half to apply their coaching?  That doesn't seem like development

I don't really like it for my 01 daughter in ECNL games, but for a U11 development league, no re-entry seems like a horrible rule.

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 133
Points : 3736
Join date : 2010-05-19

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by Blues Fan on 22/07/16, 01:18 pm

U11's won't have the re-entry rule, it's my understanding that starts with the U12s.
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 2552
Join date : 2013-09-16

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by Zizou on 22/07/16, 01:25 pm

anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:
Zizou wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:Full ECNL rules starting at U12. Including the lovely limited substitutions rule... GASP! HAHA

7 subs a half no re-entry in the half. Is more than enough subs for a game. Watching qualifying matches so far I have not seen that many subs used in a half yet.

The no re-entry is tougher than the max subs for this age.  Unless you have 16 kids for 9v9, you will not have 7 subs with no re-entry
For a "development league", is it in the best interest of development for no "re-entry"?  A player may need to come off for a few minutes for coaching, but they cannot re-enter the game for that half to apply their coaching?  That doesn't seem like development

I don't really like it for my 01 daughter in ECNL games, but for a U11 development league, no re-entry seems like a horrible rule.

Players need to problem solve during the game. Not Coaches! Coaches are given three or more hours a week to coach. Please have them sit down and shut up! Pulling players in and out of the game to talk with them means your coach is not doing his job during the week. Have a note pad, make notes, design sessions around problems and work with the player in training to solve them. That's development.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 4874
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by Zizou on 22/07/16, 01:30 pm

To many coaches with players on a string like little puppets.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 4874
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by Guest on 22/07/16, 02:34 pm

Don't coaches pretty much yell instructions from the sidelines anyway...?! HA!
Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by Diesel26 on 22/07/16, 07:33 pm

Zizou wrote:
anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:
Zizou wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:Full ECNL rules starting at U12. Including the lovely limited substitutions rule... GASP! HAHA

7 subs a half no re-entry in the half. Is more than enough subs for a game. Watching qualifying matches so far I have not seen that many subs used in a half yet.

The no re-entry is tougher than the max subs for this age.  Unless you have 16 kids for 9v9, you will not have 7 subs with no re-entry
For a "development league", is it in the best interest of development for no "re-entry"?  A player may need to come off for a few minutes for coaching, but they cannot re-enter the game for that half to apply their coaching?  That doesn't seem like development

I don't really like it for my 01 daughter in ECNL games, but for a U11 development league, no re-entry seems like a horrible rule.

Players need to problem solve during the game. Not Coaches! Coaches are given three or more hours a week to coach. Please have them sit down and shut up! Pulling players in and out of the game to talk with them means your coach is not doing his job during the week. Have a note pad, make notes, design sessions around problems and work with the player in training to solve them. That's development.

Aren't we talking about 9 and 10 year olds? Seems like a very strong opinion for such young players.

Diesel26
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Points : 1417
Join date : 2016-05-31

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by SD69 on 22/07/16, 07:45 pm

Zizou wrote:To many coaches with players on a string like little puppets.
Joystick coaches.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1365
Points : 4148
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by Zizou on 22/07/16, 08:22 pm

Diesel26 wrote:
Zizou wrote:
anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:
Zizou wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:Full ECNL rules starting at U12. Including the lovely limited substitutions rule... GASP! HAHA

7 subs a half no re-entry in the half. Is more than enough subs for a game. Watching qualifying matches so far I have not seen that many subs used in a half yet.

The no re-entry is tougher than the max subs for this age.  Unless you have 16 kids for 9v9, you will not have 7 subs with no re-entry
For a "development league", is it in the best interest of development for no "re-entry"?  A player may need to come off for a few minutes for coaching, but they cannot re-enter the game for that half to apply their coaching?  That doesn't seem like development

I don't really like it for my 01 daughter in ECNL games, but for a U11 development league, no re-entry seems like a horrible rule.

Players need to problem solve during the game. Not Coaches! Coaches are given three or more hours a week to coach. Please have them sit down and shut up! Pulling players in and out of the game to talk with them means your coach is not doing his job during the week. Have a note pad, make notes, design sessions around problems and work with the player in training to solve them. That's development.

Aren't we talking about 9 and 10 year olds?  Seems like a very strong opinion for such young players.


That thought process right their is why we are so far behind in our development of creative young players.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 4874
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by FauxSoccerGod on 24/07/16, 05:52 pm

I have a newcomer question...with the FBR ending, where can you keep up with the various 06 rankings as the teams compete throughout the next year? Thanks!

FauxSoccerGod
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 2
Points : 2515
Join date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by Guest on 24/07/16, 07:13 pm

Shake_and_Bake wrote:
LittleFireball wrote:Wow.... Some interesting early results from qualifier.

I said a few weeks back this may have been the most inaccurate FBR rankings and LH seeding for a variety of reasons primarily AP and JDL.  With that being said, it looks like last night was very competitive based on the scores.  Most of the top teams play tonight.  We will see if that trend continues.    

Well, if I'm reading things correctly, FBR predicted 8 out of 10 week 1 bracket winners correctly, or 80%, which is dead on it's historical average from the '01's-'05's.

A couple of surprises in week 1, but there always is.  We'll see how everything plays out after next week...

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 _01_0510

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by Guest on 24/07/16, 07:15 pm

neildfaux wrote:I have a newcomer question...with the FBR ending, where can you keep up with the various 06 rankings as the teams compete throughout the next year?  Thanks!

In the past, it was simply looking at the LHGCL standings. This year, with JDL... Question

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by FBR06G on 24/07/16, 07:21 pm

Can't wait to see final results compared to previous years. This year was the year of change for sure!!!! Congrats to all the teams who advanced to D1 this weekend. The heat was overwhelming. All players deserve a pat on the back for enduring that! Good luck to all teams coming back next weekend.
FBR06G
FBR06G
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 375
Points : 2504
Join date : 2015-02-27
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by Boot_It_Long on 24/07/16, 08:40 pm

Anyone know when they will post the brackets for round 2?
Boot_It_Long
Boot_It_Long
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 67
Points : 1598
Join date : 2016-03-09

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by Guest on 24/07/16, 10:50 pm

06southgirl wrote:My predictions for 12 that move on to D1

Bracket A - Solar Blue
Bracket B - DTS
Bracket C - DT Glotzbach
Bracket D - Fever and Solar Byars
Bracket E - D'Feters Colon
Bracket F - FCD Red
Bracket G - LP Raisbeck
Bracket H - FCD East and Kicks Perette
Bracket I - Solar Nazier
Bracket J - Texas Spirit North

Looks like you nailed it southgirl...minus the two runners-up.

That was some really brutal heat this weekend. Congrats to all the qualifiers!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by Bodhisattva on 25/07/16, 08:02 am

Yes, congrats to all the qualifiers and to all the girls for enduring the hot temps.

Glad to see Fever handle Solar Black/Red/Blue/Etc. Guess the Soccer Gods don't agree with stacking rosters either. How do the parents and kids of the normal Byars squad feel when they get to the biggest stage only to lose playing time to Solar Red GK, Forwards etc?

Also, LHGCL had three different line markings on some fields and some of the worst officiating I've ever witnessed. My first qualifier experience was very underwhelming.

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 363
Points : 2021
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 2 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum