Latest topics
Here were go again - Games CancellationToday at 10:59 amDeltaTauChi
07 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Today at 09:53 amU90C
10 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Today at 09:51 amU90C
06 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Today at 09:48 amU90C
Individual based private training in McKinneyToday at 06:45 amStriker06B
TOURNAMENT: VETERAN HEROES CUP - Nov 9-11, 2018Yesterday at 05:22 pmU90C
TOURNAMENT: LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP - Nov. 16-18, 2018Yesterday at 05:21 pmU90C
TOURNAMENT: UPPER 90 CHALLENGE - Nov. 30-Dec. 2, 2018Yesterday at 05:19 pmU90C
TOURNAMENT: ROUND ROCK OPEN - AUSTIN - Dec. 7-9, 2018Yesterday at 05:17 pmU90C
TOURNAMENT: THE ROCK - AUSTIN - Nov. 9-11, 2018Yesterday at 05:11 pmU90C
03 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 04:56 pmU90C
DD Preparing for College Recruitment Yesterday at 03:46 pmDeltaTauChi
FBR09 Rankings October 4th, 2018Yesterday at 03:04 pmsoccergodntx
08 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 02:38 pmU90C
04 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Yesterday at 11:30 amU90C
04 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 11:28 amU90C
05 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 10:13 amU90C
09 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 10:12 amU90C
08 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 10:10 amU90C
10 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 10:08 amU90C
09 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Yesterday at 10:04 amU90C
08 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Yesterday at 10:02 amU90C
05 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Yesterday at 10:00 amU90C
is the High School level for girls just as bad as the boys?Yesterday at 09:26 amLefty
National Youth Soccer Rankings Yesterday at 08:04 amTahoe08SoccerMom
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12699 registered users
The newest registered user is JLee74

Our users have posted a total of 182722 messages in 24269 subjects

LHGCL QT

Go down

LHGCL QT

Post by sleestack on 25/07/16, 09:20 am

Congrats to the 4 teams who qualified this weekend...

Bracket A: Liverpool Raisbeck
Bracket B: SRFC (I think...wild pool with a 3-way tie)
Bracket C: Sparta FC
Bracket D: Dallas Texans White

Those four teams should compete well with the four existing teams in D3 with byes. Two more spots open next weekend...good luck to the 8 teams competing for those spots. Favorites coming out of next weekend? NTX Celtic, FCD WTX, and Americas FC...maybe?

sleestack
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 45
Points : 1974
Join date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL QT

Post by purplefrog on 25/07/16, 09:30 am

sleestack wrote:Congrats to the 4 teams who qualified this weekend...

Bracket A:  Liverpool Raisbeck
Bracket B:  SRFC (I think...wild pool with a 3-way tie)
Bracket C:  Sparta FC
Bracket D:  Dallas Texans White

Those four teams should compete well with the four existing teams in D3 with byes.  Two more spots open next weekend...good luck to the 8 teams competing for those spots.  Favorites coming out of next weekend?  NTX Celtic, FCD WTX, and Americas FC...maybe?

Yes, Bracket B looked wild.  Looks like SRFC pulled it out based on goal differential tie-breaker
avatar
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Points : 1619
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL QT

Post by CBTeamworks on 25/07/16, 10:35 am

purplefrog wrote:
sleestack wrote:Congrats to the 4 teams who qualified this weekend...

Bracket A:  Liverpool Raisbeck
Bracket B:  SRFC (I think...wild pool with a 3-way tie)
Bracket C:  Sparta FC
Bracket D:  Dallas Texans White

Those four teams should compete well with the four existing teams in D3 with byes.  Two more spots open next weekend...good luck to the 8 teams competing for those spots.  Favorites coming out of next weekend?  NTX Celtic, FCD WTX, and Americas FC...maybe?

Yes, Bracket B looked wild.  Looks like SRFC pulled it out based on goal differential tie-breaker
Yep, AYSES Gold had a goal diff of +1 vs SRFC +2. If AYSES Gold allows one fewer goals the next tie breaker is total goals scored which AYSES Gold had the advantage 5 goals vs SRFC 3. Nice job by AYSES Gold as they try again next weekend.
avatar
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 361
Points : 2295
Join date : 2013-08-12

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL QT

Post by purplefrog on 25/07/16, 11:35 am

CBTeamworks wrote:
purplefrog wrote:
sleestack wrote:Congrats to the 4 teams who qualified this weekend...

Bracket A:  Liverpool Raisbeck
Bracket B:  SRFC (I think...wild pool with a 3-way tie)
Bracket C:  Sparta FC
Bracket D:  Dallas Texans White

Those four teams should compete well with the four existing teams in D3 with byes.  Two more spots open next weekend...good luck to the 8 teams competing for those spots.  Favorites coming out of next weekend?  NTX Celtic, FCD WTX, and Americas FC...maybe?

Yes, Bracket B looked wild.  Looks like SRFC pulled it out based on goal differential tie-breaker
Yep, AYSES Gold had a goal diff of +1 vs SRFC +2. If AYSES Gold allows one fewer goals the next tie breaker is total goals scored which AYSES Gold had the advantage 5 goals vs SRFC 3. Nice job by AYSES Gold as they try again next weekend.

Someone from Ayses Gold told me that SRFC tied their game up with them in the last 2 min on Friday.  Im sure it was heart-breaking for Ayses to look back and see how close they were to getting in.  But you have to give kudos to SRFC too for their resiliency
avatar
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Points : 1619
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL QT

Post by CBTeamworks on 25/07/16, 11:38 am

purplefrog wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:
purplefrog wrote:
sleestack wrote:Congrats to the 4 teams who qualified this weekend...

Bracket A:  Liverpool Raisbeck
Bracket B:  SRFC (I think...wild pool with a 3-way tie)
Bracket C:  Sparta FC
Bracket D:  Dallas Texans White

Those four teams should compete well with the four existing teams in D3 with byes.  Two more spots open next weekend...good luck to the 8 teams competing for those spots.  Favorites coming out of next weekend?  NTX Celtic, FCD WTX, and Americas FC...maybe?

Yes, Bracket B looked wild.  Looks like SRFC pulled it out based on goal differential tie-breaker
Yep, AYSES Gold had a goal diff of +1 vs SRFC +2. If AYSES Gold allows one fewer goals the next tie breaker is total goals scored which AYSES Gold had the advantage 5 goals vs SRFC 3. Nice job by AYSES Gold as they try again next weekend.

Someone from Ayses Gold told me that SRFC tied their game up with them in the last 2 min on Friday.  Im sure it was heart-breaking for Ayses to look back and see how close they were to getting in.  But you have to give kudos to SRFC too for their resiliency
Good point on the resiliency of SRFC. I just thought it was a greater feat by AYSES Gold since they played PPIL D2 last year vs LHGCL D3 for SRFC. AYSES Gold was also one goal away from qualifying last year if I recall correctly. Nice job both teams.
avatar
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 361
Points : 2295
Join date : 2013-08-12

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL QT

Post by RocketDog on 25/07/16, 12:49 pm

Watched this game Friday pm. Great showing by ayses gold and they led until the last 10 minutes. Srfc scrappy and know how to close the deal, in spite of losing players and absence of key contributors. Good luck to ayses gold this next weekend.
avatar
RocketDog
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 40
Points : 2158
Join date : 2013-01-05

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL QT

Post by canaryman on 25/07/16, 01:25 pm

RocketDog wrote:Watched this game Friday pm. Great showing by ayses gold and they led until the last 10 minutes. Srfc scrappy and know how to close the deal, in spite of losing players and absence of key contributors. Good luck to ayses gold this next weekend.

Thanks RocketDog. Yes, we did have key contributors out at each game this weekend (sickness/personal), but we were happy with how our girls rallied around each other. I do want to give big compliments to both Ayses Gold and CDA. Both of those teams are tough, physical, athletic teams and I wouldn't be surprised to see both of them do very well next weekend. Good luck to them!

canaryman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 116
Points : 2298
Join date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL QT

Post by sleestack on 26/07/16, 10:11 am

The 2nd weekend brackets and schedule are set. Games on Sat-Sun only...

Bracket X:
Ayses Gold
FCD WTX
Longview FC
Rockwall

Bracket Y:
Americas FC
CDA
NTX Celtic
Solar Jensen

Predictions?

I think both will be very hard fought...Bracket X is a tossup between Ayses and FCD WTX, and I think there are three teams that are legitimate threats to win Bracket Y.

Give me FCD WTX and NTX Celtic to qualify.

sleestack
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 45
Points : 1974
Join date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL QT

Post by mlwfrisco on 26/07/16, 11:04 am

I'll take FCD WTX and CDA to qualify.

mlwfrisco
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 82
Points : 1950
Join date : 2013-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL QT

Post by purplefrog on 26/07/16, 01:46 pm

Where exactly is FCD WTX out of? I was wondering how long of a drive they are making every weekend.
avatar
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Points : 1619
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL QT

Post by tigerdad on 26/07/16, 01:53 pm

I heard Midland is home base for FCD WTX.
avatar
tigerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 165
Points : 2762
Join date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL QT

Post by SocDad on 26/07/16, 01:54 pm

purplefrog wrote:Where exactly is FCD WTX out of?  I was wondering how long of a drive they are making every weekend.

Midland, TX

And here's my prediction: FCD WTX & CDA
avatar
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Posts : 321
Points : 2429
Join date : 2013-02-14
Location : In the Hamster wheel

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL QT

Post by purplefrog on 26/07/16, 02:28 pm

Wow. That is one hell of a drive for those girls to make every weekend.

My prediction:

FCD ETX (Longview FC) and CDA
avatar
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Points : 1619
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL QT

Post by mlwfrisco on 26/07/16, 02:32 pm

Plano let them travel every other weekend and play Saturday and Sunday. Would LH do this as well if they qualify?

mlwfrisco
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 82
Points : 1950
Join date : 2013-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL QT

Post by Wannabe on 26/07/16, 02:38 pm

mlwfrisco wrote:Plano let them travel every other weekend and play Saturday and Sunday. Would LH do this as well if they qualify?

Yes. At least they have for their 3 sister teams that played LHGCL last year (U14, U17, U18).

__________________________________________________
Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr Pepper, and make it quick. I'm in a god-damn hurry.
avatar
Wannabe
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 68
Points : 982
Join date : 2016-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL QT

Post by outtacontrol on 26/07/16, 03:51 pm

purplefrog wrote:Wow.  That is one hell of a drive for those girls to make every weekend.

My prediction:

FCD ETX (Longview FC) and CDA

LH will schedule them two games per weekend. Most likely every other weekend. That is what they did for Lubbock Cruz Azul as well.
avatar
outtacontrol
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 18
Points : 1321
Join date : 2015-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL QT

Post by purplefrog on 27/07/16, 10:13 am

It appears that LH re-seeded the teams based on the amount of points earned in round 1.
avatar
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Points : 1619
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL QT

Post by sleestack on 01/08/16, 08:08 am

sleestack wrote:Predictions?

Give me FCD WTX and NTX Celtic to qualify.

Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding!!!

sleestack
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 45
Points : 1974
Join date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum