Solar East 03G Open ScrimmageToday at 07:05 pmMutiny_Simon
Liverpool 06B ECNL Open PracticesToday at 06:32 pmLFC-ECNL-06B
State CupToday at 06:14 pmOkieEnergyDad
Liverpool 07G Callahan Looking for playersToday at 06:10 pmwhanez
STING 01 ROYAL - LHGCL D2Today at 05:57 pmallsoccer
STING 03 Girls Larry - June open training Today at 05:55 pmallsoccer
Frisco Fusion 03G , adding a few more playersToday at 05:19 pmGWood
Dallas Texans 12G Lewisville Today at 05:19 pmTexans.Girls.Academy
SOLAR 03B De LEON - Open Tryouts (D1 & D2 Classic League)Today at 04:53 pmRiquelme Rises Yet Again
Dallas Kicks 05 Boys (Santos) D3 byeToday at 04:27 pmjvillarruel
Solar 06B East (Rockwall Area)Today at 04:22 pmsocroc
D’Feeters 00/01 Girls (Villarruel) D2, possibly D1 byeToday at 04:19 pmjvillarruel
Solar 06B East (Spear) Rockwall/Rowlett/Royse City/ForneyToday at 04:19 pmSoccerdod
AAoS 08 Boys Open Roster spotsToday at 04:07 pmVonvino1
AAoS 07 Boys looking for GKToday at 04:04 pmVonvino1
Dallas United - Lake Highlands (NE Dallas)Today at 04:03 pmcadenhead
Dallas United - Lake Highlands (NE Dallas)Today at 04:02 pmcadenhead
Dallas United - Lake Highlands (NE Dallas)Today at 04:01 pmcadenhead
Dallas United - Lake HighlandsToday at 04:00 pmcadenhead
Dallas United open training Dallas and Richardson locationsToday at 03:59 pmcadenhead
Stars and Stripes 07-Gold Looking for competitive playersToday at 03:11 pmStarsandStripes07
LFC 03 Shankly and Dalglish Open ScrimmageToday at 03:09 pm74soccermom
FBR09 Rankings June 20th, 2018Today at 03:05 pmEddyinmyyeti
Solar #14 Girls UniformToday at 03:03 pmMamaBear
Zenithfc08 few more players neededToday at 02:57 pmJyatsuk

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 12353 registered users
The newest registered user is Riquelme Rises Yet Again

Our users have posted a total of 177315 messages in 23195 subjects

04G North Texas Rankings

Go down

04G North Texas Rankings

Post by CrazySoccerParent on 15/08/16, 02:36 pm

Now that the dust has settled from the Age Pure bomb in North Texas, and we are smack in the middle of warm up Tournaments, with League Play just a few weeks away, I figure it is time to spread the word that a 04 Girls North Texas Rankings is in the works.

The rankings spreadsheet will calculate rankings based off strength of schedule and margin of victory and leverage the Excel Solver Macro to do all the work to best match the team ranking to past results.  Aka, the spreadsheet will be 100% results driven, no human poll or outside input.

Game history will include games starting with King Tut and I will do my best to exclude games played versus non-North Texas Teams as well as games played up vs 03 teams.  It is not an easy task to enter all the game data, so if you suspect a mistake or you think a game or tournament was missed just send me a PM and I will take care of it.  

The 1st official ranking will be release ~August 22nd as I should have a decent number of games of history by that point.  But obviously the more games we get the closer the rankings will get to something reasonable.

And yes I will need some help getting results from some leagues... hint, hint!
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: 04G North Texas Rankings

Post by Guest on 15/08/16, 06:23 pm

04GRankings wrote:Now that the dust has settled from the Age Pure bomb in North Texas, and we are smack in the middle of warm up Tournaments, with League Play just a few weeks away, I figure it is time to spread the word that a 04 Girls North Texas Rankings is in the works.

The rankings spreadsheet will calculate rankings based off strength of schedule and margin of victory and leverage the Excel Solver Macro to do all the work to best match the team ranking to past results.  Aka, the spreadsheet will be 100% results driven, no human poll or outside input.

Game history will include games starting with King Tut and I will do my best to exclude games played versus non-North Texas Teams as well as games played up vs 03 teams.  It is not an easy task to enter all the game data, so if you suspect a mistake or you think a game or tournament was missed just send me a PM and I will take care of it.  

The 1st official ranking will be release ~August 22nd as I should have a decent number of games of history by that point.  But obviously the more games we get the closer the rankings will get to something reasonable.

And yes I will need some help getting results from some leagues... hint, hint!

If you have no "outside input", then how will you assess strength of schedule?

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySoccerParent on 15/08/16, 08:12 pm

SOS is the summation of all the opponents SRS divided by the number of games played, it will make more since once the 1st ranking comes out.
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15/08/16, 11:45 pm

OK. It will be interesting to see how long it takes your system to properly calibrate SoS, given that there likely will be much less crossover play between teams from different leagues/divisions than there was back in the academy days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16/08/16, 07:47 pm

Rankings....didn't matter then (although you couldn't tell me that) and doesn't matter now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hodor on 17/08/16, 12:44 pm

How will you out perform youth soccer rankings. What's the point of this? You must be a non JDL team parent trying to justify your team's standing.

Good luck
Hodor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by VultureVic on 17/08/16, 02:39 pm

Hodor gonna be sad when he finds out jdl has no fields or refs and the great soccer Robery worked.

VultureVic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone on 17/08/16, 03:26 pm

VultureVic wrote:Hodor gonna be sad when he finds out jdl has no fields or refs and the great soccer Robery worked.

Parents of teams that qualified will be sad(probably more mad) when an influx of JDL girls take over D1, and their little Mia will be on the pine.

I love that Coaches/TMs/Players had to agree to the rules of the league when there aren't any rules written. Great stuff!!

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger on 18/08/16, 08:51 am

These rankings are necessary because JDL teams are not allowed to keep score or keep track of what wins/losses/draws.  Believe me, I snuck in to the bunker and got a good glimpse of the triple secret rules and regulations that no one knows exist.  I may or may not have been able to snap some pictures with my spy pen camera. Wink
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball on 18/08/16, 09:55 am

So JDL teams can't keep score because US Soccer is concerned about the development of those players.

But every other league can keep score because US Soccer doesn't care about those kid's development?

5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18/08/16, 10:59 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:These rankings are necessary because JDL teams are not allowed to keep score or keep track of what wins/losses/draws.  Believe me, I snuck in to the bunker and got a good glimpse of the triple secret rules and regulations that no one knows exist.  I may or may not have been able to snap some pictures with my spy pen camera.  Wink

Somehow I doubt that there will be no score or tracking of wins and losses..... lol

It may not be published on an official site, but you can bet someone will document it somewhere! No way the coaches and parents will let an opportunity to go by to promote their teams/kids - if for nothing more than bragging rights.

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySoccerParent on 18/08/16, 11:58 am

Well that came full circle.  Good luck to those playing this weekend, hopefully the rain holds off. 1st Ranking comes out Monday
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum