2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» NCAA Women's Soccer Championships Today!
by Spolar Today at 09:10 am

» Parent brawl
by Zizou Today at 08:47 am

» Thanksgiving Mini-Camp - EPT & Full Circle Futbol
by fcdallas06west Today at 12:47 am

» Liverpool Red White & Blue Cup
by Liverpool Tournaments Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Liverpool Red White & Blue Cup
by Liverpool Tournaments Yesterday at 11:35 pm

» No More BW!
by RightWingDad Yesterday at 10:50 pm

» New To Area
by McKinneyLocal Yesterday at 03:15 pm

» D'Feeters 08 JDL (Colón)
by pingo99 Yesterday at 11:44 am

» ISO Dallas Texans L/S Black Game Jerseys ****NEED ASAP****
by justsayin02 Yesterday at 11:06 am

» DA Composite
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 06:48 am

» Showcase tips requested
by Wildone 17/11/17, 08:38 pm

» FBR09 Rankings November 6th, 2017
by ProphAC 17/11/17, 07:50 pm

» NEW Texas Spirit 09 - Clark @ Pit Plano!
by acst 17/11/17, 04:07 pm

» Will ECNL survive?
by greaterisHe 17/11/17, 04:04 pm

» 04 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:22 pm

» 09 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:21 pm

» 05 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:15 pm

» What will be medicine mans next move??
by KeeperCommander 17/11/17, 01:24 pm

» 03 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:45 am

» 05 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:44 am

» TOURNAMENT: UPPER 90 CHALLENGE - December 1-3, 2017
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:42 am

» 04 Girls Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 17/11/17, 09:35 am

» DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking
by KeeperCommander 17/11/17, 08:22 am

» Dallas International Girls Cup 2018
by Jugglemaster 17/11/17, 12:45 am

» U10 Girls / 2008 Girls Team Needed for Saturday and Sunday
by CDA SOCCER 16/11/17, 09:59 pm

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11433 registered users
The newest registered user is Liverpool Tournaments

Our users have posted a total of 165418 messages in 20813 subjects

04G North Texas Rankings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

04G North Texas Rankings

Post by CrazySoccerParent on 15/08/16, 02:36 pm

Now that the dust has settled from the Age Pure bomb in North Texas, and we are smack in the middle of warm up Tournaments, with League Play just a few weeks away, I figure it is time to spread the word that a 04 Girls North Texas Rankings is in the works.

The rankings spreadsheet will calculate rankings based off strength of schedule and margin of victory and leverage the Excel Solver Macro to do all the work to best match the team ranking to past results.  Aka, the spreadsheet will be 100% results driven, no human poll or outside input.

Game history will include games starting with King Tut and I will do my best to exclude games played versus non-North Texas Teams as well as games played up vs 03 teams.  It is not an easy task to enter all the game data, so if you suspect a mistake or you think a game or tournament was missed just send me a PM and I will take care of it.  

The 1st official ranking will be release ~August 22nd as I should have a decent number of games of history by that point.  But obviously the more games we get the closer the rankings will get to something reasonable.

And yes I will need some help getting results from some leagues... hint, hint!
avatar
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Points : 600
Join date : 2016-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 04G North Texas Rankings

Post by Guest on 15/08/16, 06:23 pm

04GRankings wrote:Now that the dust has settled from the Age Pure bomb in North Texas, and we are smack in the middle of warm up Tournaments, with League Play just a few weeks away, I figure it is time to spread the word that a 04 Girls North Texas Rankings is in the works.

The rankings spreadsheet will calculate rankings based off strength of schedule and margin of victory and leverage the Excel Solver Macro to do all the work to best match the team ranking to past results.  Aka, the spreadsheet will be 100% results driven, no human poll or outside input.

Game history will include games starting with King Tut and I will do my best to exclude games played versus non-North Texas Teams as well as games played up vs 03 teams.  It is not an easy task to enter all the game data, so if you suspect a mistake or you think a game or tournament was missed just send me a PM and I will take care of it.  

The 1st official ranking will be release ~August 22nd as I should have a decent number of games of history by that point.  But obviously the more games we get the closer the rankings will get to something reasonable.

And yes I will need some help getting results from some leagues... hint, hint!

If you have no "outside input", then how will you assess strength of schedule?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 04G North Texas Rankings

Post by CrazySoccerParent on 15/08/16, 08:12 pm

SOS is the summation of all the opponents SRS divided by the number of games played, it will make more since once the 1st ranking comes out.
avatar
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Points : 600
Join date : 2016-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 04G North Texas Rankings

Post by Guest on 15/08/16, 11:45 pm

OK. It will be interesting to see how long it takes your system to properly calibrate SoS, given that there likely will be much less crossover play between teams from different leagues/divisions than there was back in the academy days.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 04G North Texas Rankings

Post by JonSneauxTargaryen on 16/08/16, 07:47 pm

Rankings....didn't matter then (although you couldn't tell me that) and doesn't matter now.


__________________________________________________
"When enough people make false promises words stop meaning anything and then there are no more answers only better and better lies" --Jon Snow/Aegon VII Targaryen
avatar
JonSneauxTargaryen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 248
Points : 1170
Join date : 2015-05-13
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: 04G North Texas Rankings

Post by Hodor on 17/08/16, 12:44 pm

How will you out perform youth soccer rankings. What's the point of this? You must be a non JDL team parent trying to justify your team's standing.

Good luck
avatar
Hodor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 28
Points : 570
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 04G North Texas Rankings

Post by VultureVic on 17/08/16, 02:39 pm

Hodor gonna be sad when he finds out jdl has no fields or refs and the great soccer Robery worked.

VultureVic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 161
Points : 1108
Join date : 2015-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 04G North Texas Rankings

Post by NoSpinZone on 17/08/16, 03:26 pm

VultureVic wrote:Hodor gonna be sad when he finds out jdl has no fields or refs and the great soccer Robery worked.

Parents of teams that qualified will be sad(probably more mad) when an influx of JDL girls take over D1, and their little Mia will be on the pine.

I love that Coaches/TMs/Players had to agree to the rules of the league when there aren't any rules written. Great stuff!!

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 211
Points : 1647
Join date : 2013-12-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 04G North Texas Rankings

Post by TatonkaBurger on 18/08/16, 08:51 am

These rankings are necessary because JDL teams are not allowed to keep score or keep track of what wins/losses/draws.  Believe me, I snuck in to the bunker and got a good glimpse of the triple secret rules and regulations that no one knows exist.  I may or may not have been able to snap some pictures with my spy pen camera. Wink
avatar
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1110
Points : 2937
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: 04G North Texas Rankings

Post by 5050Ball on 18/08/16, 09:55 am

So JDL teams can't keep score because US Soccer is concerned about the development of those players.

But every other league can keep score because US Soccer doesn't care about those kid's development?

avatar
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 157
Points : 1056
Join date : 2015-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: 04G North Texas Rankings

Post by Guest on 18/08/16, 10:59 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:These rankings are necessary because JDL teams are not allowed to keep score or keep track of what wins/losses/draws.  Believe me, I snuck in to the bunker and got a good glimpse of the triple secret rules and regulations that no one knows exist.  I may or may not have been able to snap some pictures with my spy pen camera.  Wink

Somehow I doubt that there will be no score or tracking of wins and losses..... lol

It may not be published on an official site, but you can bet someone will document it somewhere! No way the coaches and parents will let an opportunity to go by to promote their teams/kids - if for nothing more than bragging rights.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 04G North Texas Rankings

Post by CrazySoccerParent on 18/08/16, 11:58 am

Well that came full circle.  Good luck to those playing this weekend, hopefully the rain holds off. 1st Ranking comes out Monday
avatar
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Points : 600
Join date : 2016-08-15

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum