Latest topics
» Beat the Heat Tournament (Edmond, OK)
by 030409SOCCERDAD Today at 12:39 pm

» 08 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 10:41 am

» U7 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 10:40 am

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 10:39 am

» 06 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 10:38 am

» TOURNAMENT: U90C Labor Day Open - Sept 1-4
by U90C Today at 10:37 am

» Solar 08 Cavalle - Flower Mound
by FMSolar Today at 09:54 am

» Turf Cup 3v3 Tournament - August 19th & 20th
by Soccer08 Today at 08:03 am

» Need a Keeper - RedHots FC 05G
by RH05G Yesterday at 10:16 pm

» 8'x24' Flat Double-Sided Training Goals Plus Cart
by JustaSport Yesterday at 08:54 pm

» schedules Lake highlands classic league
by Soccermomma2017 Yesterday at 08:45 pm

» Schedule for Lakehighlands Girls 07
by Soccermomma2017 Yesterday at 08:26 pm

» Tatu's Sting 00' & 01' ECNL Open Tryout Schedule
by Zizou Yesterday at 12:02 pm

» Sting 2011 Shepard
by skills Yesterday at 11:37 am

» Trophy Hunting?
by Onlychild Yesterday at 11:10 am

» Sting Academy Kit #23 - Youth Medium/Small
by s@ccerm@m Yesterday at 10:39 am

» FS: NWT FC Dallas Jerseys
by mcbeal42 Yesterday at 10:32 am

» Sting Kit For Sale AS
by 8701tx 19/08/17, 02:32 pm

» Sports Organization Management Software Jevin Dan Ptak TX
by KeeperCommander 19/08/17, 01:12 pm

» Dallas Texans 08 JDL Tryout Schedule
by Dtsoccer8 19/08/17, 12:51 pm

» FC Dallas 02G Black is looking
by FCD02GBLACK 19/08/17, 12:13 pm

» Hello Plano Labor Day Tournament... Is anybody in there?
by dadof3 18/08/17, 10:48 pm

» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr 18/08/17, 12:42 pm

» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr 18/08/17, 12:41 pm

» 01 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 18/08/17, 12:15 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11290 registered users
The newest registered user is Igamez7924

Our users have posted a total of 161591 messages in 20311 subjects

LHGCL COMBINES DII and DIII

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LHGCL COMBINES DII and DIII

Post by Xtreme on 18/08/16, 09:44 pm

Lake Highlands is combining the divisions...

I assume it is to allow a team that fell into DIII the opportunity to play for promotion to DI if they are good enough.

Xtreme
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL COMBINES DII and DIII

Post by SickofSilliness on 19/08/16, 08:14 am

Why not just eliminate all divisions?

Whatever "logic" was used to move to 2 divisions would apply to eliminating all divisions.

Quite honestly, it's time for LHGCL to be abolished . . . or at least abolish their rules and bylaws - they regularly deviate from them (without explanation) and they have become the joke of NTX soccer.

MISSION STATEMENT / PREAMBLE / DISCLAIMER

Lake Highlands Girls Classic League is a non-profit female soccer league offering a playing environment focused on the highest level of competition to inspire the development of collegiate, national, and international level soccer players. The league is committed to maintaining excellence in soccer while instilling the values of sportsmanship and fair play.

The highest level of competition and excellence is maintained by limiting admission to the top echelon of the league.

lol!

SickofSilliness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hodor on 19/08/16, 09:40 am

Hodor is not happy with LHGCL. Poor communication- allowing rumor and innuendo to fill void. Lack of leadership. But instead of bashing them- Hodor suggests volunteering for them! Help the situation- don't just complain.
Hodor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofSilliness on 19/08/16, 10:45 am

That's the best answer available?  If you don't like it - don't call out the poor communication and lack of leadership, go volunteer.

Teams are paying for a product - they should expect a certain level service without being told "if you don't like it, do it yourself."

This "volunteer organization" takes in over $700k per year - for fields and . . . ? insurance? patches?  maybe the starting point is asking them to open their books?

But hey -

if you don't like the GM car you paid for, don't complain, go to work for GM!
if you don't like the concert you paid for, don't complain, join a band!

SickofSilliness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by purplefrog on 19/08/16, 11:08 am

Xtreme wrote:Lake Highlands is combining the divisions...

I assume it is to allow a team that fell into DIII the opportunity to play for promotion to DI if they are good enough.

I think LH realized there wasn't very much of a gap between the D2 and D3 teams. I'm assuming that they realized several teams (i.e. FCD Black) that were just "handed" D2 byes and really probably should have been in D3. Also, there has been a ton of player movement within the big clubs with ECNL, players moving up to other teams to fill gaps, etc. I'd be willing to bet a good number of the team's personnel is quite a bit different than the team's personnel that earned the bye. My guess is that all that was causing the teams to whine and cry and LH just decided to combine and be done with it.

purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofSilliness on 19/08/16, 11:40 am

I don't disagree - but as I said above -

Whatever "logic" was used to move to 2 divisions would apply to eliminating all divisions.

Brand new teams "handed" D1 byes. Players moving out to ECNL, JDL, composite, other clubs / teams. Plenty of D1 teams who should probably be in D2 (or Plano?).

the other point being - "my guess" is a result of a complete lack of communication

SickofSilliness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 on 19/08/16, 12:07 pm

I understand the issue with new rosters but why does it apply to only D2 and D3? Why not have all teams go through QT again if you can't figure out whose who?

This all being said the last 2 years had to be a nightmare for them.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by El Padrino on 19/08/16, 12:26 pm

In fairness to LHGCL, the age pure decision from US Soccer threw everybody for a loop. I agree that their communication should be better and more timely.

That being said, I know just chasing down my daughter's schedule keeps me busy; organizing the hundreds of teams they have and therefore thousands of games must be a nightmare.

I agree with what they have done even though it is not ideal. One can build an argument that there is not a huge gap between D2 and D3 teams. However the top D2 teams should have it easy with the bottom D3 teams. So if you then combined all 3 divisions, bottom D3 teams would get massacred by the top D1 teams.

I don't think that the D1 teams will have changed all that much, unless a team got raided by ECNL or a team popped in with a bye. Either way, that will settle out by the end of the season for both groups. I believe their plan is to go back to the 3 divisions for next year.

Just my 2 cents.

El Padrino
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Teufel Hunden on 19/08/16, 12:30 pm

Normal player movement due to ECNL eligible age group - U14, add AP impacting all age groups and to top it off, add Champions and JDL leagues (yet to exist). CHL draining remaining talent pool from LH in older age groups and JDL draining talent pool from lower age groups...result is an expected very poor quality at LH. That is why they need to combine DII and DIII. PPL, and APL....sorry, those leagues just got a tad worse.......expensive REC Select at its finest ....ah, let's not forget the injection of DA in 2017, which will create some player movement as well.

Whether we like it or not, whether we accept it or not, LH, with very few exceptions will be a shadow of itself this year and possibly longer.
Teufel Hunden
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 on 19/08/16, 02:09 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:I don't disagree - but as I said above -

Brand new teams "handed" D1 byes.  Players moving out to ECNL, JDL, composite, other clubs / teams.  Plenty of D1 teams who should probably be in D2 (or Plano?).

the other point being - "my guess" is a result of a complete lack of communication
Don't disagree with your premise, but how would they ever be able to squeeze another 9 or 10 games per team into the season.
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty on 20/08/16, 08:28 am

SickofSilliness wrote:That's the best answer available?  If you don't like it - don't call out the poor communication and lack of leadership, go volunteer.

Teams are paying for a product - they should expect a certain level service without being told "if you don't like it, do it yourself."

This "volunteer organization" takes in over $700k per year - for fields and . . . ? insurance? patches?  maybe the starting point is asking them to open their books?

But hey -

if you don't like the GM car you paid for, don't complain, go to work for GM!
if you don't like the concert you paid for, don't complain, join a band!

How much deep thinking do you expect from a simpleton.

Lefty
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hodor on 20/08/16, 08:51 am

Hodor
Hodor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack on 20/08/16, 11:23 am

lol!
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleansheets on 20/08/16, 01:46 pm

El Padrino wrote:In fairness to LHGCL, the age pure decision from US Soccer threw everybody for a loop.  I agree that their communication should be better and more timely.  

That being said, I know just chasing down my daughter's schedule keeps me busy; organizing the hundreds of teams they have and therefore thousands of games must be a nightmare.

I agree with what they have done even though it is not ideal.  One can build an argument that there is not a huge gap between D2 and D3 teams.  However the top D2 teams should have it easy with the bottom D3 teams.   So if you then combined all 3 divisions, bottom D3 teams would get massacred by the top D1 teams.  

I don't think that the D1 teams will have changed all that much, unless a team got raided by ECNL or a team popped in with a bye.  Either way,  that will settle out by the end of the season for both groups.  I believe their plan is to go back to the 3 divisions for next year.  

Just my 2 cents.

ECNL didn't just raid teams, it picked some to the bones.

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nolanryan on 20/08/16, 03:55 pm

My daughter's team is in D2 of the 01 group, but should be D3 if there was one.  My understanding on that one was that there were more 01 and 02 (who moved up) teams with byes than what the normal division would hold, so they just created a jumbo division and things will shake themselves out for the 17-18 seasons.  Somewhat surprised with the idea but it does present the opportunity to go and try play a good season and finish in the upper half.  I wonder if the same thing happened with the 03's?  That list of teams with byes originally had 3 divisions, but something may have happened (teams moving off to play Champions League, etc).  The age pure issue did make a mess of things though.
nolanryan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 20/08/16, 05:22 pm

Maybe it's time for a changing of the guard. A group that understands now what a local league should look like instead of holding on to its old glory that has faded. A complete overhaul of some sort.

Zizou
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar on 20/08/16, 07:32 pm

Zizou wrote:Maybe it's time for a changing of the guard. A group that understands now what a local league should look like instead of holding on to its old glory that has faded. A complete overhaul of some sort.

I have thought about that for years but I am just one of the crazy ones out there I hear.
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack on 20/08/16, 07:59 pm

They have a lot of issues.....but I think the biggest mistake they made was giving into the bigs with things like cpp and clubs keeping byes. They allowed themselves to be watered down by giving in. The reality is they gave a competitive advantage to a few and everyone knows it. Now the bigs are going after them with the jdl and composite silliness, which have nothing to do with development or teaching kids fair competition. It's about money. They could have survived had they not backed down for short term gain.
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty on 20/08/16, 08:29 pm

Like it or not, the reality is that LH really has no stature and decision making ability relative to the larger clubs.

With all the changes over the last 4-5 years they just serve an administrative function for the large clubs at this point. Field maintenance, scheduling, refs, etc.

The minute that they stop doing the larger clubs bidding, the big clubs form their own league and LH is out of business.

Lefty
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack on 21/08/16, 08:41 am

Lefty wrote:Like it or not, the reality is that LH really has no stature and decision making ability relative to the larger clubs.

With all the changes over the last 4-5 years they just serve an administrative function for the large clubs at this point.  Field maintenance, scheduling, refs, etc.

The minute that they stop doing the larger clubs bidding, the big clubs form their own league and LH is out of business.

I agree with your point...what I was saying is they jumped in bed with a group that wants them out period. I think going it alone and doing it right at least would have given them a fighting chance.
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 21/08/16, 09:02 am

Nah, they never had a chance. You could see this coming 5years ago.

Last edited by Zizou on 21/08/16, 09:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Zizou
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 21/08/16, 09:04 am

I could probably pull up a post where I specially stated that the large clubs would create their own leagues. This was about 2 years ago. Eliminating LHGCL and crushing the independent clubs.

Zizou
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by OLJW on 21/08/16, 09:51 am

Who has the rights to the fields?  I assume that LHGCL contracts with UTD, City of Lewisville etc., for those rights. What are the terms of those contracts? 1 yr, 5 yr, 10yr?  

The bigs can start their own league, but they need fields. I'd be very surprised if they'd use their own fields.

I have zero problem with ATHLETIC COMPETION. You bring your team and you get what you earn. The US Soccer World has morphed into a finicial battle, where those with the most money are dictating conditions to everyone else. Poaching of players, Coaches & whole teams has become epidemic. Good players, Coaches & teams are being excluded from the right to compete at the level that they have earned......the choice becomes, join us or whither. That tactic is anti-competition. The leadership in NTX is extremely weak......and they are beholden to those with the money.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 21/08/16, 10:16 am

Easier for USSoccer to dictate to a few big clubs than 100's of little ones. And in a free market is anyone really poaching players and coaches? if the independent club is so good they should be able to retain talent, no?
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by abc000 on 21/08/16, 10:23 am

I just want to see my kid's schedule!!! LHGCL, JDL, ChL, whatever....

Maybe Arlington is the premier league. They at least have a week or 2 of schedules out!

abc000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum