North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LHGCL COMBINES DII and DIII - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

LHGCL COMBINES DII and DIII

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

LHGCL COMBINES DII and DIII - Page 2 Empty Re: LHGCL COMBINES DII and DIII

Post by abc000 21/08/16, 10:23 am

I just want to see my kid's schedule!!! LHGCL, JDL, ChL, whatever....

Maybe Arlington is the premier league. They at least have a week or 2 of schedules out!

abc000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 21/08/16, 10:47 am

OLJW wrote:Who has the rights to the fields?  I assume that LHGCL contracts with UTD, City of Lewisville etc., for those rights. What are the terms of those contracts? 1 yr, 5 yr, 10yr?  

The bigs can start their own league, but they need fields. I'd be very surprised if they'd use their own fields.

I have zero problem with ATHLETIC COMPETION. You bring your team and you get what you earn. The US Soccer World has morphed into a finicial battle, where those with the most money are dictating conditions to everyone else. Poaching of players, Coaches & whole teams has become epidemic. Good players, Coaches & teams are being excluded from the right to compete at the level that they have earned......the choice becomes, join us or whither. That tactic is anti-competition. The leadership in NTX is extremely weak......and they are beholden to those with the money.
100% agree
LH began their own demise by allowing the big clubs to dictate how the league should be run. In less than 7 years it has gone from 1 of the most prestigious leagues in the country to 2-3 irrelevant organizations(LH,JDL,Champions League and whatever league they can think of next) It is past time for a new league in NTX, not run by clubs and revenue , but rather by someone interested in the game, the kids, and true competition.

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 21/08/16, 11:35 am

OLJW wrote:Who has the rights to the fields?  I assume that LHGCL contracts with UTD, City of Lewisville etc., for those rights. What are the terms of those contracts? 1 yr, 5 yr, 10yr?  

The bigs can start their own league, but they need fields. I'd be very surprised if they'd use their own fields.

I have zero problem with ATHLETIC COMPETION. You bring your team and you get what you earn. The US Soccer World has morphed into a finicial battle, where those with the most money are dictating conditions to everyone else. Poaching of players, Coaches & whole teams has become epidemic. Good players, Coaches & teams are being excluded from the right to compete at the level that they have earned......the choice becomes, join us or whither. That tactic is anti-competition. The leadership in NTX is extremely weak......and they are beholden to those with the money.

75% of LHGCL is made up of the big clubs. DA , ECNL , already formed leagues powered by the big clubs. Local exclusive league powered by the bigs starting to take shape. He who has the money will a can get fields. Fields are the least of their concerns.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 21/08/16, 11:37 am

SWINGIT!! wrote:

100% agree
LH began their own demise by allowing the big clubs to dictate how the league should be run. In less than 7 years it has gone from 1 of the most prestigious leagues in the country to 2-3 irrelevant organizations(LH,JDL,Champions League and whatever league they can think of next) It is past time for a new league in NTX, not run by clubs and revenue , but rather by someone interested in the game, the kids, and true competition.
Correct, with the mindset of working for the independents allowing them a place to showcase and grow.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 21/08/16, 11:07 pm

Zizou there just needs to be some thought throughout the process. When such a change takes place really thinking about the best for the kids and the program. With a year as crazy as this thought needed to be should they give out byes without really thinking about the process or would they be better off creating more qualifying spots and having folks go through the qualifying process. You look back historically and see how well has the given bye worked out within the system. The issue is in my humble opinion is the lack of really thinking through the process. I understand again it's not easy and the changes were significant. Just a little real thought could go a long way. And before folks say I am bitter not at all. But I do want more out of North Texas Soccer since it has so many wonderful players so trying to put out the best product and getting the levels right makes it a better place for all. Anyway here;s to hoping.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BurnOnYou 22/08/16, 12:15 pm

I'm in consensus.  I don't think the folks in LH give much thought to how things are done, usually appearing to me as though the path of least resistance was chosen as opposed to some consideration and effort being exerted.  
Maybe they are too long with the organization and just worn out from all the demands.
Maybe they are in fact just minions of the big clubs.  Maybe the complexities are beyond what they are capable of managing or what they want to invest their time in managing.
I don't know, but there is a noticeable difference in my observations between what was the governing body 6 plus years ago and what we have managing our girls' soccer experience(s) today.

BurnOnYou
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2