2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Thanksgiving Mini-Camp - EPT & Full Circle Futbol
by fcdallas06west Today at 12:47 am

» Liverpool Red White & Blue Cup
by Liverpool Tournaments Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Liverpool Red White & Blue Cup
by Liverpool Tournaments Yesterday at 11:35 pm

» No More BW!
by RightWingDad Yesterday at 10:50 pm

» Parent brawl
by Zizou Yesterday at 07:04 pm

» New To Area
by McKinneyLocal Yesterday at 03:15 pm

» D'Feeters 08 JDL (Colón)
by pingo99 Yesterday at 11:44 am

» ISO Dallas Texans L/S Black Game Jerseys ****NEED ASAP****
by justsayin02 Yesterday at 11:06 am

» DA Composite
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 06:48 am

» Showcase tips requested
by Wildone 17/11/17, 08:38 pm

» FBR09 Rankings November 6th, 2017
by ProphAC 17/11/17, 07:50 pm

» NEW Texas Spirit 09 - Clark @ Pit Plano!
by acst 17/11/17, 04:07 pm

» Will ECNL survive?
by greaterisHe 17/11/17, 04:04 pm

» 04 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:22 pm

» 09 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:21 pm

» 05 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:15 pm

» What will be medicine mans next move??
by KeeperCommander 17/11/17, 01:24 pm

» 03 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:45 am

» 05 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:44 am

» TOURNAMENT: UPPER 90 CHALLENGE - December 1-3, 2017
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:42 am

» 04 Girls Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 17/11/17, 09:35 am

» DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking
by KeeperCommander 17/11/17, 08:22 am

» Dallas International Girls Cup 2018
by Jugglemaster 17/11/17, 12:45 am

» U10 Girls / 2008 Girls Team Needed for Saturday and Sunday
by CDA SOCCER 16/11/17, 09:59 pm

» Juggling
by Jugglemaster 16/11/17, 05:55 pm

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11433 registered users
The newest registered user is Liverpool Tournaments

Our users have posted a total of 165415 messages in 20812 subjects

LHGCL vs JDL

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LHGCL vs JDL

Post by Cam203030 on 28/08/16, 08:04 pm

So what is JDL for what should i look at this league for... and how is this going to be better than playing in LHGCL
avatar
Cam203030
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 79
Points : 551
Join date : 2016-08-08

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by SkeetsG06 on 28/08/16, 09:04 pm

GREAT QUESTION!!!

WISH I KNEW THE ANSWER

SkeetsG06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 162
Points : 1364
Join date : 2014-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by Sho'Nuff on 28/08/16, 09:05 pm

JDL is about development.

__________________________________________________
The opinions expressed here are solely those of the author.  These comments are not intended to reflect the positions of a specific team, club, or coach.
avatar
Sho'Nuff
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1248
Points : 2809
Join date : 2013-10-22
Location : Muskogee, Oklahoma

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by SickofStupidity on 28/08/16, 09:07 pm

JDL is the attempt by ECNL clubs to lure players away from non-ECNL clubs with the promise of future opportunities in ECNL that other clubs can't provide.

To claim some type of "need" for a "developmental league" - why?  because these coaches can't develop players if score is being kept?

and yet - multiple JDL teams across age groups are playing in alternate leagues that DO keep score - apparently development doesn't happen in those games

mind you - not all coaches within these clubs are buying the nonsense the DOCs are selling

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 613
Points : 1894
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by ElClassico on 28/08/16, 09:13 pm

Sho'Nuff wrote:JDL is about development.

Then why did JDL coaches spend so much time recruiting outside of their clubs?

I tend to agree with SoS that its simply a ploy to stow talent by selling the parents on the same ol' "if they try hard they'll make ECNL"
avatar
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 359
Points : 1663
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by Cam203030 on 28/08/16, 09:29 pm

but also how does a player get better when there's no score keeping
avatar
Cam203030
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 79
Points : 551
Join date : 2016-08-08

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by Hodor on 28/08/16, 10:05 pm

Who said they weren't keeping score? They aren't going to be scrimmaging. Hodor was told they just won't have standings. Like a showcase.
avatar
Hodor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 28
Points : 570
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 28/08/16, 11:08 pm

It hasn't even started and by default it's better than LH. D2 teams who would have dropped from D2 have "inherited" D1 byes and are getting smacked around as expected because their generous club mates took off to JDL and champions league etc...

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 98
Points : 1241
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by Sho'Nuff on 29/08/16, 08:38 am

Will we get gotsoccer points in JDL?

__________________________________________________
The opinions expressed here are solely those of the author.  These comments are not intended to reflect the positions of a specific team, club, or coach.
avatar
Sho'Nuff
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1248
Points : 2809
Join date : 2013-10-22
Location : Muskogee, Oklahoma

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by 4-4-2 on 29/08/16, 09:17 am

Next 2-3 years will be interesting on how the LH competition shapes up due to DA in the horizon!

AngelinaGoalee wrote:It hasn't even started and by default it's better than LH. D2 teams who would have dropped from D2 have "inherited" D1 byes and are getting smacked around as expected because their generous club mates took off to JDL and champions league etc...

4-4-2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 30
Points : 503
Join date : 2016-08-02

Back to top Go down

Fire Away !!!

Post by TX Turf Burn 04 on 29/08/16, 10:27 am

Incorporating some info from other 04 JDL posts, as well as seeing some of them play in person, it seems to me that the perceived (A) teams from the Power 4 clubs, (DTS ADAMES), (STING DIAZ), (SOLAR PULP), (FCD WEDDLE RED)...in random order, are widely considered the top tier of 04 teams in NTX. (RUSH), is probably up there as well. The perceived (B) teams from each of those clubs as well as (LIVERPOOL) and (FCD PREMIER) are probably not far behind. The only other club with any stature (D'FEETERS) are a big question mark at best.  As far as the JDL vs LHCL, if all the teams listed playing each other week, in week out with the exception of a few is not a good thing then I don't know what is. And most of the others with the addition of a few Oklahoma teams will all play each other in several future tournaments.  It would be interesting to hear opinions from the long time contributors. Agree, Disagree?  Fire Away!!!
avatar
TX Turf Burn 04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 30
Points : 750
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by Cam203030 on 29/08/16, 10:54 am

i agree..... LHGCL D1 teams have to keep on performing in developing to keep the top spots in the D1 division.... so JDL will be for scrimmage
avatar
Cam203030
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 79
Points : 551
Join date : 2016-08-08

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by SickofStupidity on 29/08/16, 10:58 am

TX Turf Burn 04 wrote:Incorporating some info from other 04 JDL posts, as well as seeing some of them play in person, it seems to me that the perceived (A) teams from the Power 4 clubs, (DTS ADAMES), (STING DIAZ), (SOLAR PULP), (FCD WEDDLE RED)...in random order, are widely considered the top tier of 04 teams in NTX. (RUSH), is probably up there as well. The perceived (B) teams from each of those clubs as well as (LIVERPOOL) and (FCD PREMIER) are probably not far behind. The only other club with any stature (D'FEETERS) are a big question mark at best.  As far as the JDL vs LHCL, if all the teams listed playing each other week, in week out with the exception of a few is not a good thing then I don't know what is. And most of the others with the addition of a few Oklahoma teams will all play each other in several future tournaments.  It would be interesting to hear opinions from the long time contributors. Agree, Disagree?  Fire Away!!!

Probably not an unfair comment - but how does this differ from the old D1, D2, D3 structure?

no standings (or score?)- how does that promote "development"?  can anyone seriously say Adames or Pulp or any of these other coaches was not developing kids BECAUSE there were league standings?

you mention LP and FCD Premier - neither of them are a participant in the JDL scenario;  other successful and talented independents are shut out

JDL is not about "development" or "competitive play" - it's about ECNL clubs trying to monopolize talent (and $$) in NTX

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 613
Points : 1894
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by BigErn on 29/08/16, 11:47 am

SickofSilliness wrote:JDL is the attempt by ECNL clubs to lure players away from non-ECNL clubs with the promise of future opportunities in ECNL that other clubs can't provide.

To claim some type of "need" for a "developmental league" - why?  because these coaches can't develop players if score is being kept?

and yet - multiple JDL teams across age groups are playing in alternate leagues that DO keep score - apparently development doesn't happen in those games

mind you - not all coaches within these clubs are buying the nonsense the DOCs are selling

Speaking of Silliness ...

While I agree at JDL did and will continue to lure top talent from other clubs to the Big 5, the jest of the message is off.

Those girls that did make the jump to JDL sides this off season did indeed put themselves in better position to land an ECNL spot int he upcoming year, especially with those clubs that are adding DA next year. JDL has been in the works for awhile and was proposed to LH by the big boys at the Big 5 in an attempt to build potential ECNL pools of players prior to official selection, and set up more consistently high competition throughout the year. In addition, players will be introduced to the ECNL experience as matches are set up the same (benches and water station) plus the ECNL substitution rules will be in effect. The JDL Division is less about 'development' and more about 'prep'. Ripping it because of lack of score keeping, it having to be "sold" and the other nonsense I've been reading over the past couple months is outlandish.

The additions made by the Big 5 even after the hit from AP, were significant and unquestionably will water down LH. While there will be an argument that not every team participating in JDL is better than every team in D1, the majority of the top coaches, teams and individual players will be playing in JDL ... It's just the nature of the system now in place and will continue. And you won't see any of the top coaches (CP/LW)/teams playing in both JDL and D1 as they have a proper understanding of what it is for.

BigErn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 446
Points : 1624
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by SickofStupidity on 29/08/16, 12:00 pm

Guess you don't classify Gabe Adames as a "top coach"

I suppose that is why he consistently doesn't produce top teams Rolling Eyes

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 613
Points : 1894
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by BigErn on 29/08/16, 12:07 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:Guess you don't classify Gabe Adames as a "top coach"

I suppose that is why he consistently doesn't produce top teams Rolling Eyes

I'm sorry SoS, but I do not ...

Being a former coach and watching him and the players he's had with him for quite awhile, he hasn't shown that he develops talent at the same level of some others. He does however draw strong young talent, and I'd almost call him a great recruiter, but then you run into the logistics argument ... he owns the south -- where else is the best south side talent gonna go?

BigErn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 446
Points : 1624
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by SickofStupidity on 29/08/16, 02:07 pm

BigErn wrote:
SickofSilliness wrote:JDL is the attempt by ECNL clubs to lure players away from non-ECNL clubs with the promise of future opportunities in ECNL that other clubs can't provide.

To claim some type of "need" for a "developmental league" - why?  because these coaches can't develop players if score is being kept?

and yet - multiple JDL teams across age groups are playing in alternate leagues that DO keep score - apparently development doesn't happen in those games

mind you - not all coaches within these clubs are buying the nonsense the DOCs are selling

Speaking of Silliness ...

While I agree at JDL did and will continue to lure top talent from other clubs to the Big 5, the jest of the message is off.

Those girls that did make the jump to JDL sides this off season did indeed put themselves in better position to land an ECNL spot int he upcoming year, especially with those clubs that are adding DA next year.  JDL has been in the works for awhile and was proposed to LH by the big boys at the Big 5 in an attempt to build potential ECNL pools of players prior to official selection, and set up more consistently high competition throughout the year.  In addition, players will be introduced to the ECNL experience as matches are set up the same (benches and water station) plus the ECNL substitution rules will be in effect.  The JDL Division is less about 'development' and more about 'prep'.  Ripping it because of lack of score keeping, it having to be "sold" and the other nonsense I've been reading over the past couple months is outlandish.

The additions made by the Big 5 even after the hit from AP, were significant and unquestionably will water down LH.  While there will be an argument that not every team participating in JDL is better than every team in D1, the majority of the top coaches, teams and individual players will be playing in JDL ... It's just the nature of the system now in place and will continue.  And you won't see any of the top coaches (CP/LW)/teams playing in both JDL and D1 as they have a proper understanding of what it is for.  

So could you share the "proper" understanding of JDL?

You are saying the value is less in "development" (because, after all, that is what has been "sold") and more in "prep"?  

I use the terms "sold" and "development" because that, ultimately, is what happened (you could say "promoted") - that this league would allow coaches to focus on "development" because they would not have the pressures of standings and relegation.

You say that a JDL will give them the "ECNL experience" because they have benches and water stations . . . which we all know is key at 11. Rolling Eyes

If a goal at this age is maximizing touches (which I believe is one of the goals in delaying 11v11 until later), I'm not sure how limiting substitutions at 11 promotes this.

I have merely argued that JDL is not a tool for development, as much as it is a tool for clubs to consolidate talent as within the Big 5 as early as possible, thereby monopolizing players and ultimately $.  

You yourself recognize that LW and CP are "top coaches" - but it didn't take JDL for you to figure that out.  They have developed players for years and earned their reputations - even when they had to be ranked and were at risk of relegation.

You claim that these JDL coaches wouldn't play their teams in D1 because it is apparently contrary to the mission of JDL.  What in D1 is so contrary to that mission?  Does the same hold true for other leagues and/or non-Jr ECNL tournaments?

So - all sarcasm aside - seriously what does JDL bring to the table to benefit 11-yr old soccer players?   How is LW's approach so much different today than it was 6 months ago?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 613
Points : 1894
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by TatonkaBurger on 29/08/16, 02:20 pm

cheers
avatar
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1110
Points : 2937
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by Hodor on 29/08/16, 02:35 pm

Simply put JDL offers a more consistent level of play than D1. Week in and week out the games are more solid. That is the net result of the concentration of talent. That in turn leads to better development for the girls.
avatar
Hodor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 28
Points : 570
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by JonSneauxTargaryen on 29/08/16, 02:42 pm

"Supposed to"
Lets start a thread in regards to that very statement...
JDL is "supposed to" do what youth soccer has been "suppose to" do.
Will it happen, who's to say?
You can sacrifice development for some wins then you'll be trying to hustle "catch up development" through various training programs and feedback from various coaches who are deemed "good coaches."
Im glad I get a do over with my 6yr old. It will hopefully be smoother this time around.

But i had the same question as SoS somewhat earlier in the spring. What will be different in the game if the training is the same?
I mean you can take a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bull's @#$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?

not really the accurate analogy but i always wanted to use it!!



__________________________________________________
"When enough people make false promises words stop meaning anything and then there are no more answers only better and better lies" --Jon Snow/Aegon VII Targaryen
avatar
JonSneauxTargaryen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 248
Points : 1170
Join date : 2015-05-13
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by ElClassico on 29/08/16, 03:22 pm

Darn it, I totally forgot about the water station that changes everything.
avatar
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 359
Points : 1663
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by db10 on 29/08/16, 03:33 pm

Some moons ago my DD's former coach told of a story of how none of this really mattered because ECNL didn't start till the girls were 14. And how 9, 10, and 11 year olds are totally different than 14 and up due to body changes and the fact that all the girls would "even out physically"

Funny how that's all magically changed now that a few people saw extra $$$ buy lowering the ages for "elite" checkbooks, oh sorry players.

__________________________________________________
"Behind every kick of the ball there has to be a thought" - Dennis Bergkamp
avatar
db10
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 356
Points : 2166
Join date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by SickofStupidity on 29/08/16, 03:34 pm

Hodor wrote:Simply put JDL offers a more consistent level of play than D1.  Week in and week out the games are more solid.  That is the net result of the concentration of talent.  That in turn leads to better development for the girls.  

Before a single JDL game has even been scheduled. Evil or Very Mad

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 613
Points : 1894
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by BigErn on 29/08/16, 03:35 pm

So could you share the "proper" understanding of JDL?  You are saying the value is less in "development" (because, after all, that is what has been "sold") and more in "prep"?

Didn't say anything about the value, just that the division is
more prepatory that developmental.  Just my opinion.


I use the terms "sold" and "development" because that, ultimately, is what happened (you could say "promoted") - that this league would allow coaches to focus on "development" because they would not have the pressures of standings and relegation.

I know nothing of this and having directly been a part of the formation of a JDL team, wasn't 'sold' nor was the idea that the division would allow coaches to focus on development promoted.

You say that a JDL will give them the "ECNL experience" because they have benches and water stations . . . which we all know is key at 11.  If a goal at this age is maximizing touches (which I believe is one of the goals in delaying 11v11 until later), I'm not sure how limiting substitutions at 11 promotes this.

Agreed here.  I think JDL should be for U13 only, in which case, the ECNL experience is very beneficial.

I have merely argued that JDL is not a tool for development, as much as it is a tool for clubs to consolidate talent as within the Big 5 as early as possible, thereby monopolizing players and ultimately $.  

This is true, but for those in the know, is necessary.  The NTX competitive landscape is more watered down in comparison to other power regions (SoCal, CO, NJ) due to too many clubs/teams.  Could go on for awhile on this point, but it was made very evident just by looking at the USWNT U17 WC rosters that were just released ... no TX kids.  The numbers and talent are here, but those star players aren't able to maximize potential due to playing on teams surrounded by players that aren't close to their level, therefore aren't being recognized as often.  Consolidating the talent is a solution.

You yourself recognize that LW and CP are "top coaches" - but it didn't take JDL for you to figure that out.  They have developed players for years and earned their reputations - even when they had to be ranked and were at risk of relegation.  You claim that these JDL coaches wouldn't play their teams in D1 because it is apparently contrary to the mission of JDL.  What in D1 is so contrary to that mission?

Simple.  More matches, less quality (what playing in either LH D1 or both at once would be) is clearly opposite of the US Soccer developmental philosophy

So - all sarcasm aside - seriously what does JDL bring to the table to benefit 11-yr old soccer players?  

As I mentioned before, not much ... in my opinion, should be a focus for the top level talent in the U13 group.  This is the 04 forum correct?  Nobody on here should be referencing 06s.

How is LW's approach so much different today than it was 6 months ago?

I don't believe it is ... just that there is now a superior league play option for his 04 girls.

BigErn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 446
Points : 1624
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL vs JDL

Post by Sho'Nuff on 29/08/16, 03:44 pm

I think there are more 11-yr olds playing '04 than '06.

Carry on

__________________________________________________
The opinions expressed here are solely those of the author.  These comments are not intended to reflect the positions of a specific team, club, or coach.
avatar
Sho'Nuff
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1248
Points : 2809
Join date : 2013-10-22
Location : Muskogee, Oklahoma

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum