North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

05 JDL - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

05 JDL

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

05 JDL - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 JDL

Post by KeeperCommander 30/08/16, 03:41 pm

tpitty wrote:And 3 of those have been a part of the boys program for quite a while, and one is the top boys academy in the nation. So, they should know absolutely nothing about what a league should look like for development.
I must have missed the press release naming FCD, Sting and Texans as being girls DA clubs.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 30/08/16, 03:45 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

It seems to me that if Kicks wanted in JDL badly enough, and if D'Feeters wanted Kicks in JDL badly enough, that this loophole could be fairly easily worked around via some additional paperwork.

I don't pretend to know the bylaws and the ways in which they could make it work, but your statement above might be the bigger issue.
It goes to why would they want to lose what is at stake just to play with a few good teams.

What is at stake?
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 30/08/16, 03:50 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
tpitty wrote:And 3 of those have been a part of the boys program for quite a while, and one is the top boys academy in the nation. So, they should know absolutely nothing about what a league should look like for development.
I must have missed the press release naming FCD, Sting and Texans as being girls DA clubs.
Actually do not know why this was brought up anyway. It wasn't my point. My point was when DA becomes relevant then JDL will become less relevant. At that point playing against these teams will be important.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 4-4-2 30/08/16, 03:56 pm

$$$, player sharing , could be 100 other conspiracies.
Highly entertaining!

5050Ball wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

It seems to me that if Kicks wanted in JDL badly enough, and if D'Feeters wanted Kicks in JDL badly enough, that this loophole could be fairly easily worked around via some additional paperwork.

I don't pretend to know the bylaws and the ways in which they could make it work, but your statement above might be the bigger issue.
It goes to why would they want to lose what is at stake just to play with a few good teams.

What is at stake?

4-4-2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 30/08/16, 04:00 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Actually do not know why this was brought up anyway. It wasn't my point. My point was when DA becomes relevant then JDL will become less relevant. At that point playing against these teams will be important.

Doesn't DA start at U14/15?  If so, how does JDL become less relevant?  If anything, one might argue that it becomes more relevant for identification purposes.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 30/08/16, 04:40 pm

ForReal wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Doesn't DA start at U14/15?  If so, how does JDL become less relevant?  If anything, one might argue that it becomes more relevant for identification purposes.
U14. How does JDL do that any better than a league with all the top talent in it

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 30/08/16, 04:50 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

U14. How does JDL do that any better than a league with all the top talent in it

I'm not suggesting it does or it will, but one might argue that it at least allows the upper-level coaches in the club to see more of their girls play on a regular basis against consistently high levels of competition (as opposed to some lopsided LH matches that are on different fields at the same time).  Jury is out on JDL.  I'm not a believer that it's a significant upgrade or benefit.  So, don't throw me into the "JDL Lover" camp.

But you said DA was going to make JDL less relevant.  I just said that I don't think DA impacts JDL as it doesn't start to U14.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 30/08/16, 04:58 pm

ForReal wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

I'm not suggesting it does or it will, but one might argue that it at least allows the upper-level coaches in the club to see more of their girls play on a regular basis against consistently high levels of competition (as opposed to some lopsided LH matches that are on different fields at the same time).  Jury is out on JDL.  I'm not a believer that it's a significant upgrade or benefit.  So, don't throw me into the "JDL Lover" camp.

But you said DA was going to make JDL less relevant.  I just said that I don't think DA impacts JDL as it doesn't start to U14.
This year especially, LH looks to be very up and down as far as playing level so you have me there. However I think JDL will be just the same. Unless teams like Parsons or FCD Blue prove to be strong. I heard they may be weaker. Just a rumor.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 30/08/16, 05:27 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

This year especially, LH looks to be very up and down as far as playing level so you have me there. However I think JDL will be just the same. Unless teams like Parsons or FCD Blue prove to be strong. I heard they may be weaker. Just a rumor.

Wouldn't know, but even if true, the JDL teams are still playing very competitive games 75% of the time. You can't say that for LH any year of a Supergroup and more so this year and into the foreseeable future.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 30/08/16, 06:04 pm

ForReal wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Wouldn't know, but even if true, the JDL teams are still playing very competitive games 75% of the time.  You can't say that for LH any year of a Supergroup and more so this year and into the foreseeable future.
No neither one is elite 100% through and through. Without one or the other, all top teams would be playing against one another all year. Not just in a few tourneys.
"JDL Lover" that is a good one.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/08/16, 12:35 pm

Should have just left LHGCL the way it was and scheduled scrimmages for "no score or records"... HA!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 31/08/16, 02:35 pm

skiberdad wrote:Should have just left LHGCL the way it was and scheduled scrimmages for "no score or records"... HA!

They did.  The only difference is they called those "no score, no records" scrimmages a fancy name, JDL, and some teams went for fancy name rather than real games at LHGCL.  Smart teams are doing both.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 31/08/16, 09:59 pm

This whole year is a wash. None of us know anything other than JDL is the better teams and there are a few others that are (Fever, Kicks and Liverpool Elite) just as good.

My prediction is next year we will see more dominance in JDL. This year will be a lot of parity. My eye test of the 05 JDL goes like this. All tiers even and no particular order.

Tier 1
DTS 05 JDL

Tier 2
Solar Pulp JDL
Solar Colvin JDL
Sting Black JDL
FCD Red JDL

Tier 3
FCD Blue JDL
DTC JDL
Sing Central JDL

Honorable D1LH in order
Liverpool Elite
Kicks Select
Fever

FYI. Any D1LH team sharing with JDL players. I am not putting as top LH teams.

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.
I Don't Really Give A Shit!

Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8#t=48
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 01/09/16, 08:09 am

I wouldn't say JDL is the better teams yet. Next year perhaps.  2-3 really good teams, just like LH has.

Top 5- no particular order
DTS
SOLAR COLVIN
KICKS SELECT
LIVERPOOL
SOLAR PULP

Next 4 - in no order
FCD RED
FEVER
KICKS JM
STING BLACK - maybe, who knows. Haven't seen  or heard of them playing in last 3 months.
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakedad 01/09/16, 12:57 pm

Sure - lets play the rank game.  It's fun to see how well you did once the season is over. Don't get sideways if your kid is on one of these teams. I'm just taking a shot in the dark from things i've heard and have been able to see.

Tier 1:
DTS - 7-0-0 GF16 GA3
Sting Black - 5-1-1 GF20 GA8

Tier 2:
Solar Pulp - 4-1-2 GF12 GA6
FC Dallas Red - 4-2-1 GF6 GA5
Solar Colvin - 3-3-1 GF5 GA8

Tier 3:
Sting Central JDL - 2-3-2 GF3 GA 7
FC Dallas Blue - 1-4-2 GF5 GA 10

If they were playing JDL, these teams would be in Tier 2:
Kicks JM
Liverpool
Fever

Oh yeah, not keeping score, so doesn't matter anyway.
Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/09/16, 01:08 pm

05DD wrote:I wouldn't say JDL is the better teams yet. Next year perhaps.  2-3 really good teams, just like LH has.

DTS
SOLAR COLVIN
KICKS SELECT
LIVERPOOL
SOLAR PULP

Next 4 - in no order
FCD RED
FEVER
KICKS JM
STING BLACK - maybe, who knows. Haven't seen  or heard of them playing in last 3 months.

3/10 > 3/20

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 01/09/16, 01:09 pm

Lakedad wrote:Sure - lets play the rank game.  It's fun to see how well you did once the season is over.  Don't get sideways if your kid is on one of these teams.  I'm just taking a shot in the dark from things i've heard and have been able to see.

Tier 1:
DTS - 7-0-0 GF16 GA3
Sting Black - 5-1-1 GF20 GA8

Tier 2:
Solar Pulp - 4-1-2 GF12 GA6
FC Dallas Red - 4-2-1 GF6 GA5
Solar Colvin - 3-3-1 GF5 GA8

Tier 3:
Sting Central JDL - 2-3-2 GF3 GA 7
FC Dallas Blue - 1-4-2 GF5 GA 10

If they were playing JDL, these teams would be in Tier 2:
Kicks JM
Liverpool
Fever

Oh yeah, not keeping score, so doesn't matter anyway.
I sure would think that Sting would be in the top tier, but with them not playing in anything lately who knows. After Plano Labor Day maybe a few more questions will have been answered about the other teams. Maybe DTS makes a strong case in the 05 division or maybe someone else. Really who knows.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMaven 05/09/16, 01:43 pm

soccerphun wrote:Can anyone confirm that Sting Higgy beat FCD Red Baker 5-0 in a recent scrimmage?  Fact or Fiction?

Uhhhh no not quite...it was 2-1 final FCD and they played 35 minute halves with Sting scoring their goal with just a couple of minutes left in the game.
TheMaven
TheMaven
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccersheep 05/09/16, 05:30 pm

Interesting results at Plano Labor Day Tmet. There were a few hard fought games this weekend.
DTS coming from behind winning 3-1 in the finals. Two beautiful volleys on set plays.
Fcd red hanging on to a 1-0 win over kicks select in semis.
Kicks select made a great comeback to tie 2-2 vs Liverpool elite in bracket stage and almost got a W if not for the last minute missed pk by the most talented 06 forward in 05 soccer.
Just my opinion : Kicks JM and Bellatorres registering in completely wrong brackets.
05DD wrote:I wouldn't say JDL is the better teams yet. Next year perhaps.  2-3 really good teams, just like LH has.

DTS
SOLAR COLVIN
KICKS SELECT
LIVERPOOL
SOLAR PULP

Next 4 - in no order
FCD RED
FEVER
KICKS JM

Soccersheep
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 05/09/16, 07:28 pm

D Bag Dad's Stay Quite wrote:This whole year is a wash. None of us know anything other than JDL is the better teams and there are a few others that are (Fever, Kicks and Liverpool Elite) just as good.

My prediction is next year we will see more dominance in JDL. This year will be a lot of parity. My eye test of the 05 JDL goes like this. All tiers even and no particular order.

Tier 1
DTS 05 JDL

Tier 2
Solar Pulp JDL
Solar Colvin JDL
Sting Black JDL
FCD Red JDL

Tier 3
FCD Blue JDL
DTC JDL
Sing Central JDL

Honorable D1LH in order
Liverpool Elite
Kicks Select
Fever

Looks like my tiers are pretty close after this weekends results. Should be an interesting year. Congrats DTS05!

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.
I Don't Really Give A Shit!

Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8#t=48
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 05/09/16, 08:26 pm

D Bag Dad's Stay Quite wrote:
D Bag Dad's Stay Quite wrote:This whole year is a wash. None of us know anything other than JDL is the better teams and there are a few others that are (Fever, Kicks and Liverpool Elite) just as good.

Tier 1
DTS 05 JDL

Tier 2
Solar Pulp JDL
Solar Colvin JDL
Sting Black JDL
FCD Red JDL

Tier 3
FCD Blue JDL
DTC JDL
Sing Central JDL

Honorable D1LH in order
Liverpool Elite
Kicks Select
Fever

Looks like my tiers are pretty close after this weekends results. Should be an interesting year. Congrats DTS05!
No surprise DTS won this in my opinion. By the looks of it no team in the div even came close to beating them.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 05/09/16, 08:54 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:

Tier 1
DTS 05 JDL

Tier 2
Solar Pulp JDL
Solar Colvin JDL
Sting Black JDL
FCD Red JDL

Tier 3
FCD Blue JDL
DTC JDL
Sing Central JDL

Honorable D1LH in order
Liverpool Elite
Kicks Select
Fever

No surprise DTS won this in my opinion. By the looks of it no team in the div even came close to beating them.

Until the Solar teams and Sting  Higgy show up, who knows.  DTS is an incredibly talented team with size, skill, and speed.  Not just dump and chase.  Not sure if anyone can consistently beat them in this age group (maybe 1-2 out of 10 someone surprises them). Minus the finals result, FCD Red made a big statement this weekend. Would be good if at least Kicks Selecao were in JDL. Selecao would certainly be in the mix for top 5. Kicks JM is talented just young and small. DT Central and FCD Blue have a tough road ahead. Liverpool would compete well in JDL as well. Next year, more teams join JDL and I'd expect Liverpool and Selecao to be two of them.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark-horse 06/09/16, 09:13 am

Hilarious statements "Kicks JM is talented just young and small. DT Central and FCD Blue have a tough road ahead"

[/quote]
ForReal wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Tier 1
DTS 05 JDL

Tier 2
Solar Pulp JDL
Solar Colvin JDL
Sting Black JDL
FCD Red JDL

Tier 3
FCD Blue JDL
DTC JDL
Sing Central JDL

Honorable D1LH in order
Liverpool Elite
Kicks Select
Fever

Until the Solar teams and Sting  Higgy show up, who knows.  DTS is an incredibly talented team with size, skill, and speed.  Not just dump and chase.  Not sure if anyone can consistently beat them in this age group (maybe 1-2 out of 10 someone surprises them). Minus the finals result, FCD Red made a big statement this weekend. Would be good if at least Kicks Selecao were in JDL. Selecao would certainly be in the mix for top 5. Kicks JM is talented just young and small. DT Central and FCD Blue have a tough road ahead. Liverpool would compete well in JDL as well. Next year, more teams join JDL and I'd expect Liverpool and Selecao to be two of them.

Dark-horse
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 06/09/16, 12:04 pm

Yeah, why all the hate on FCD JDL blue? You may ultimately be right but all they did this weekend was win a 16 team tournament filled with D1 teams giving up 1 goal along the way. They are not FCD's top team and will struggle with the likes of DTS, but let's not write them off for dead just yet.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark-horse 06/09/16, 12:42 pm

Hate is coming from a few JDL wannabe parents that just realized how competitive JDL league will be this year. This thread is a joke 05 JDL

ColtMcVince wrote:Yeah, why all the hate on FCD JDL blue?  You may ultimately be right but all they did this weekend was win a 16 team tournament filled with D1 teams giving up 1 goal along the way.   They are not FCD's top team and will struggle with the likes of DTS, but let's not write them off for dead just yet.  

Last edited by Dark-horse on 06/09/16, 01:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Freakin smart phone)

Dark-horse
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 06/09/16, 01:14 pm

ForReal wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Tier 1
DTS 05 JDL

Tier 2
Solar Pulp JDL
Solar Colvin JDL
Sting Black JDL
FCD Red JDL

Tier 3
FCD Blue JDL
DTC JDL
Sing Central JDL

Honorable D1LH in order
Liverpool Elite
Kicks Select
Fever

Based on what?

The JDL "powers" have no interest in other clubs joining their league.

Simply put, if you aren't an ECNL club, you won't be invited to the party.

If the goal were to have the best competition, then LP and Selecao would already be invited and participating this year.

Since the goal is to consolidate any talent as early as possible among the 5 ECNL clubs . . .

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum