Latest topics
FBR09 Rankings October 4th, 2018Today at 12:22 pmAngelinaGoalee
04 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Today at 11:30 amU90C
04 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Today at 11:28 amU90C
05 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Today at 10:13 amU90C
09 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Today at 10:12 amU90C
08 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Today at 10:10 amU90C
10 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Today at 10:08 amU90C
09 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Today at 10:04 amU90C
08 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Today at 10:02 amU90C
05 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Today at 10:00 amU90C
DD Preparing for College Recruitment Today at 9:50 amPowerKick
is the High School level for girls just as bad as the boys?Today at 9:26 amLefty
National Youth Soccer Rankings Today at 8:04 amTahoe08SoccerMom
U14 Frontier DivisionYesterday at 10:32 pmSoccerSuckers
U17 MNT Roster for Four Nations TourneyYesterday at 12:57 pmMajorTom
Looking to join Winter 1 and Winter 2 Futsal Team Yesterday at 10:38 amMWallace777
Here were go again - Games CancellationSat Oct 13, 2018 8:47 pmSoccerSuckers
What happened to classic league relegation? Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:50 amko242
Some guy scores a goal...Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:45 amko242
Allegiance FC '07 Black MAKES HISTORYSat Oct 13, 2018 10:24 amZizou
Indoor FREE SOCCER FUN! Blue Sky Colony 3-4 PM Today!Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:54 am08BKeeperDad
Indoor FREE SOCCER FUN! Blue Sky Colony 3-4 PM Today!Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:51 am08BKeeperDad
08 boys friendly tournamentFri Oct 12, 2018 4:21 pmtornadoes
08 boys friendly tournamentFri Oct 12, 2018 4:08 pmtornadoes
JCL Weekly Marquee MatchupsFri Oct 12, 2018 3:34 pmCoterminous
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12698 registered users
The newest registered user is MWallace777

Our users have posted a total of 182706 messages in 24267 subjects

05 JDL

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by Buddy Israel on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:23 pm

ColtMcVince wrote:a bunch of grown men (I'm assuming) making fun of 11 year old soccer.  What is your real problem with JDL?  My daughter is on a JDL team.  Yesterday, she had a real game.  They played on a grass field which had goals, she wore a uniform, they even had refs (crazy huh)!   Just as I did last year while watching her play D1 LH games, I cheered when the team did good, moaned and groaned when they didn't.  I also left the game fully aware of the outcome.  Just bc it's not posted on the internet somewhere doesn't make it any less of a league than what you are chasing after. guess how many times my daughter has approached me and said "dad, let's pull up those standings and see how we are doing."   Zero.  Why?  Because she doesn't care and I bet most 11 yr olds out there don't care.   Just don't get all of you weirdos who are talking trash about a league you clearly aren't a part of.
So why did you feel the need to report the scores?
When my kid scrimmages yes she knows who won, but you are correct she doesn't know or care who has won the most scrimmages.

Buddy Israel
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 19
Join date : 2015-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by 05girls on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Huh?

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 143
Points : 1679
Join date : 2014-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by ColtMcVince on Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:01 pm

I posted the scores b/c someone earlier in the thread asked for them.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 169
Points : 2152
Join date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by ColtMcVince on Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:08 pm

Buddy Israel wrote:
ColtMcVince wrote:a bunch of grown men (I'm assuming) making fun of 11 year old soccer.  What is your real problem with JDL?  My daughter is on a JDL team.  Yesterday, she had a real game.  They played on a grass field which had goals, she wore a uniform, they even had refs (crazy huh)!   Just as I did last year while watching her play D1 LH games, I cheered when the team did good, moaned and groaned when they didn't.  I also left the game fully aware of the outcome.  Just bc it's not posted on the internet somewhere doesn't make it any less of a league than what you are chasing after. guess how many times my daughter has approached me and said "dad, let's pull up those standings and see how we are doing."   Zero.  Why?  Because she doesn't care and I bet most 11 yr olds out there don't care.   Just don't get all of you weirdos who are talking trash about a league you clearly aren't a part of.
So why did you feel the need to report the scores?
When my kid scrimmages yes she knows who won, but you are correct she doesn't know or care who has won the most scrimmages.

Do tell how your game in Lake Highlands (i'm assuming) was any different than the game my daughter played. Other than the obvious that we do not have a website that tracks who won or lost. Will your daughter win a medal at the end of the season or something?

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 169
Points : 2152
Join date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by Saul Goodman on Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:23 pm

ColtMcVince wrote:I posted the scores b/c someone earlier in the thread asked for them.

Thanks for posting the scores.  If you didn't I wouldn't know which teams are developing and which are not.  Laughing

__________________________________________________
It's All Good-Man
avatar
Saul Goodman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 48
Points : 1452
Join date : 2014-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by KeeperCommander on Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:25 pm

He posted the scores because they should be posted. If he didn't care he would not have known scores from 3 different games. Really? Come on.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1638
Points : 3509
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by ColtMcVince on Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:31 pm

really not as big of a conspiracy as you make it out to be. Bumped in to a friend who's daughter played in the game immediately before ours who told me their score. Then had another friend who told me the score of their game which was immediately after ours. This is why I don't know the other score b/c i don't know anyone on those 2 other teams...

You guys are funny. Bitch about scores not being posted then bitch about the guy that post the scores for you after someone asked for them. Sorry for trying to do you a solid.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 169
Points : 2152
Join date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by Lyin Ted on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:06 pm

I don't understand why people take things so literally. The scores aren't going to be kept on gotsoccer and affect rankings.  

Not keeping score in weekly games makes it like club soccer. It makes the games more about  development and developing.  Then when teams play in tournaments they can see what they really are .  I personally think it's a good idea.

The only rankings it affects is our conversations like these. I saw many girls play different positions than what they are best at. It was kind of refreshing.

__________________________________________________
Girls I Am Looking For 60% Effort, 4000% Of The Time!

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.
I Don't Really Give A Shit!

Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8#t=48
avatar
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 197
Points : 2232
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : DFW

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by KeeperCommander on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:11 pm

Lyin Ted wrote:I don't understand why people take things so literally. The scores aren't going to be kept on gotsoccer and affect rankings.  

Not keeping score in weekly games makes it like club soccer. It makes the games more about  development and developing.  Then when teams play in tournaments they can see what they really are .  I personally think it's a good idea.

The only rankings it affects is our conversations like these. I saw many girls play different positions than what they are best at. It was kind of refreshing.
Changing the league or league name is not the answer. You want that type of atmosphere? Great. We all do. You will have to change the club concept. If they are making them win to keep jobs then that is what you change. Then you can switch positions or do whatever to gain the proper development. Otherwise you are just pissing into the wind.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1638
Points : 3509
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by 05girls on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:35 pm

Not the answer for what? I just don't get what you think you are accomplishing that we aren't. Your DD had 2 practices this week and maybe some side work the same as mind and then played a game on Saturday, same as mine. The ONLY difference is that the score was not posted to the internet.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 143
Points : 1679
Join date : 2014-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by Zizou on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:08 pm

the independents could easily create their own exclusive league. Then they could boast their league developes players best and challenge the top clubs for superiority as they develope players. JDIL lol.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2333
Points : 4228
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by KeeperCommander on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:17 pm

05girls wrote:Not the answer for what? I just don't get what you think you are accomplishing that we aren't. Your DD had 2 practices this week and maybe some side work the same as mind and then played a game on Saturday, same as mine. The ONLY difference is that the score was not posted to the internet.
Who said anything about accomplishing more. I didn't. It is however absurd to think that killing the score in a league that has around 3 top teams and the rest are around average or a touch higher to be the answer to the problem.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1638
Points : 3509
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by Don Draper on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:23 pm

JDL team contracts signed 7/1 by players and parents explicitly stated that scores would only be shared with those that knew the secret handshake. A violation of this rule would have significant consequences for those players and parents who do not understand that their club demands development secrets be held under wraps.

JDL coaches do not want Toto pulling back the curtain....
avatar
Don Draper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 17
Points : 1218
Join date : 2015-07-06

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:56 pm

Good thread.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by Lyin Ted on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:06 pm

I could say who I think is better or whatever but it would be BS.

What I saw this weekend was teams moving players around. That could of been happening because of the age pure thing and new teams / players or because of JDL.

I know that I did not see girls playing there normal positions and that could change in a couple of weeks.

I can tell you is DTS 05 has 2 or 3 girls that are difference makers and they are the one to beat. Everyone else is playing / developing for the 2nd spot at this time. It's only good for all NTX teams to face them. I saw that back team in Primetime AP05 and was impressed. Not sure why those 2/3 girls are not playing in 04.

Not sure if it's good for DTS 05 or those 2/3 girls.

I am glad that they are in 05 and that's good for my DD.

__________________________________________________
Girls I Am Looking For 60% Effort, 4000% Of The Time!

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.
I Don't Really Give A Shit!

Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8#t=48
avatar
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 197
Points : 2232
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : DFW

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by HomeStretch on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:03 am

Zizou wrote:the independents could easily create their own exclusive league. Then they could boast their league developes players best and challenge the top clubs for superiority as they develope players. JDIL lol.

Or they can play in open leagues and prove development doesn't require exclusivity whenever they run into the bigs in a tournament....ya know... make the case with their play instead of their marketing budget.

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 120
Points : 885
Join date : 2016-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by PLAY2FEET!! on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:47 am

Lyin Ted wrote:I could say who I think is better or whatever but it would be BS.

What I saw this weekend was teams moving players around. That could of been happening because of the age pure thing and new teams / players or because of JDL.

I know that I did not see girls playing there normal positions and that could change in a couple of weeks.

So why did it take the creation of JDL or any other league for that matter, for coaches to start teaching kids to be soccer players and not just positional players? Are coaches that afraid of losing or upsetting parents?
Just throwing these questions out there for discussion. Not trying to debate JDL.

__________________________________________________
When everyone is super, no one will be!
Syndrome

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 508
Points : 3321
Join date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by Zizou on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:06 am

HomeStretch wrote:
Zizou wrote:the independents could easily create their own exclusive league. Then they could boast their league developes players best and challenge the top clubs for superiority as they develope players. JDIL lol.

Or they can play in open leagues and prove development doesn't require exclusivity whenever they run into the bigs in a tournament....ya know... make the case with their play instead of their marketing budget.

Well that's not going to happen in our life time. So try beating them in their own game. It seems most who come on this board feel they can do it just as good as the bigs, then start doing it.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2333
Points : 4228
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by Zizou on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:08 am

HomeStretch wrote:
Zizou wrote:the independents could easily create their own exclusive league. Then they could boast their league developes players best and challenge the top clubs for superiority as they develope players. JDIL lol.

Or they can play in open leagues and prove development doesn't require exclusivity whenever they run into the bigs in a tournament....ya know... make the case with their play instead of their marketing budget.

The bigs made their mark through what once was considered the top league in the country. LHGCL, it's seem this league for many years has been a open league.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2333
Points : 4228
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by Lyin Ted on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:28 am

SWINGIT!! wrote:
Lyin Ted wrote:I could say who I think is better or whatever but it would be BS.

What I saw this weekend was teams moving players around. That could of been happening because of the age pure thing and new teams / players or because of JDL.

I know that I did not see girls playing there normal positions and that could change in a couple of weeks.

So why did it take the creation of JDL or any other league for that matter, for coaches to start teaching kids to be soccer players and not just positional players? Are coaches that afraid of losing or upsetting parents?
Just throwing these questions out there for discussion.  Not trying to debate JDL.

Yes, by the way great question.

Unfortunately we are a country of entitled parents in the sports and education world.

I read a very interesting article this weekend about how other countries respect their teachers more than we do. Which ultimately ends up in better educated students. I would imagine those same parents that are barking at the teachers have kids playing soccer as well.

__________________________________________________
Girls I Am Looking For 60% Effort, 4000% Of The Time!

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.
I Don't Really Give A Shit!

Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8#t=48
avatar
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 197
Points : 2232
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : DFW

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by KeeperCommander on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:31 am

Lyin Ted wrote:
SWINGIT!! wrote:
Lyin Ted wrote:I could say who I think is better or whatever but it would be BS.

What I saw this weekend was teams moving players around. That could of been happening because of the age pure thing and new teams / players or because of JDL.

I know that I did not see girls playing there normal positions and that could change in a couple of weeks.

So why did it take the creation of JDL or any other league for that matter, for coaches to start teaching kids to be soccer players and not just positional players? Are coaches that afraid of losing or upsetting parents?
Just throwing these questions out there for discussion.  Not trying to debate JDL.

Yes, by the way great question.

Unfortunately we are a country of entitled parents in the sports and education world.

I read a very interesting article this weekend about how other countries respect their teachers more than we do. Which ultimately ends up in better educated students. I would imagine those same parents that are barking at the teachers have kids playing soccer as well.
I am sure there are some but I don't know very many entitled parents. I do know a large sum of entitled kids and young adults.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1638
Points : 3509
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by 05girls on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:00 am

Let's not be pragmatic or rational when answering this question, let's be honest. What is the #1 goal of most coaches, teams and parents in north Texas? I would argue without hesitation that it is qualifying for D1. So that being what it is, what if there are 10 spots available and you fall somewhere inthe 11-20 ranks, how are you going to achieve that goal? Constantly trying to blast it up the the blazing fast forward you have? Maybe pack it in on defense so you can get some points out of a tie? Take that goal away in JDL. Perhaps some coaches will still do the above; however it's no longer socially expected

Last season in LH we played Andromeda Haylock who was overheard constantly yelling at his players to kick the ball as far out of bounds as they could in order to waste time. Why was he doing this if he was trying to develop players?

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 143
Points : 1679
Join date : 2014-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by KeeperCommander on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:05 am

05girls wrote:Let's not be pragmatic or rational when answering this question, let's be honest. What is the #1 goal of most coaches, teams and parents in north Texas? I would argue without hesitation that it is qualifying for D1. So that being what it is, what if there are 10 spots available and you fall somewhere inthe 11-20 ranks, how are you going to achieve that goal? Constantly trying to blast it up the the blazing fast forward you have? Maybe pack it in on defense so you can get some points out of a tie? Take that goal away in JDL. Perhaps some coaches will still do the above; however it's no longer socially expected

Last season in LH we played Andromeda Haylock who was overheard constantly yelling at his players to kick the ball as far out of bounds as they could in order to waste time. Why was he doing this if he was trying to develop players?
A by-product of development is winning. So is kicking down the field to your blazing fast forward. One will stick with you and become a cornerstone of your team the other will not help much past U13 against better teams.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1638
Points : 3509
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by 05girls on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:10 am

Exactly, you just said it. Appease the best player so they will stay and be a cornerstone while all the players in the middle watching the ball fly over their head never touch the ball and never develop. Who cares about them anyway? You are exactly correct.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 143
Points : 1679
Join date : 2014-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by tpitty on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:27 am

+1


tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 423
Points : 3456
Join date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: 05 JDL

Post by Soccersheep on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:24 am

This kick ball style of play is teaching players how to trap, volley and head the ball in air.  That is development.  Coaches teaching them the right way may never be able to build these high flying players.  Happy Monday.

05girls wrote:Exactly, you just said it.  Appease the best player so they will stay and be a cornerstone while all the players in the middle watching the ball fly over their head never touch the ball and never develop.  Who cares about them anyway?  You are exactly correct.  

Soccersheep
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 28
Points : 1355
Join date : 2015-02-25

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum