North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

05 JDL - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

05 JDL

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

05 JDL - Page 4 Empty Re: 05 JDL

Post by Buddy Israel 18/09/16, 12:23 pm

ColtMcVince wrote:a bunch of grown men (I'm assuming) making fun of 11 year old soccer.  What is your real problem with JDL?  My daughter is on a JDL team.  Yesterday, she had a real game.  They played on a grass field which had goals, she wore a uniform, they even had refs (crazy huh)!   Just as I did last year while watching her play D1 LH games, I cheered when the team did good, moaned and groaned when they didn't.  I also left the game fully aware of the outcome.  Just bc it's not posted on the internet somewhere doesn't make it any less of a league than what you are chasing after. guess how many times my daughter has approached me and said "dad, let's pull up those standings and see how we are doing."   Zero.  Why?  Because she doesn't care and I bet most 11 yr olds out there don't care.   Just don't get all of you weirdos who are talking trash about a league you clearly aren't a part of.
So why did you feel the need to report the scores?
When my kid scrimmages yes she knows who won, but you are correct she doesn't know or care who has won the most scrimmages.

Buddy Israel
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 18/09/16, 12:25 pm

Huh?

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 18/09/16, 02:01 pm

I posted the scores b/c someone earlier in the thread asked for them.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 18/09/16, 02:08 pm

Buddy Israel wrote:
ColtMcVince wrote:a bunch of grown men (I'm assuming) making fun of 11 year old soccer.  What is your real problem with JDL?  My daughter is on a JDL team.  Yesterday, she had a real game.  They played on a grass field which had goals, she wore a uniform, they even had refs (crazy huh)!   Just as I did last year while watching her play D1 LH games, I cheered when the team did good, moaned and groaned when they didn't.  I also left the game fully aware of the outcome.  Just bc it's not posted on the internet somewhere doesn't make it any less of a league than what you are chasing after. guess how many times my daughter has approached me and said "dad, let's pull up those standings and see how we are doing."   Zero.  Why?  Because she doesn't care and I bet most 11 yr olds out there don't care.   Just don't get all of you weirdos who are talking trash about a league you clearly aren't a part of.
So why did you feel the need to report the scores?
When my kid scrimmages yes she knows who won, but you are correct she doesn't know or care who has won the most scrimmages.

Do tell how your game in Lake Highlands (i'm assuming) was any different than the game my daughter played. Other than the obvious that we do not have a website that tracks who won or lost. Will your daughter win a medal at the end of the season or something?

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Saul Goodman 18/09/16, 02:23 pm

ColtMcVince wrote:I posted the scores b/c someone earlier in the thread asked for them.

Thanks for posting the scores.  If you didn't I wouldn't know which teams are developing and which are not.  Laughing

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 18/09/16, 03:25 pm

He posted the scores because they should be posted. If he didn't care he would not have known scores from 3 different games. Really? Come on.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 18/09/16, 03:31 pm

really not as big of a conspiracy as you make it out to be. Bumped in to a friend who's daughter played in the game immediately before ours who told me their score. Then had another friend who told me the score of their game which was immediately after ours. This is why I don't know the other score b/c i don't know anyone on those 2 other teams...

You guys are funny. Bitch about scores not being posted then bitch about the guy that post the scores for you after someone asked for them. Sorry for trying to do you a solid.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 18/09/16, 04:06 pm

I don't understand why people take things so literally. The scores aren't going to be kept on gotsoccer and affect rankings.  

Not keeping score in weekly games makes it like club soccer. It makes the games more about  development and developing.  Then when teams play in tournaments they can see what they really are .  I personally think it's a good idea.

The only rankings it affects is our conversations like these. I saw many girls play different positions than what they are best at. It was kind of refreshing.

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.
I Don't Really Give A Shit!

Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8#t=48
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 18/09/16, 04:11 pm

Lyin Ted wrote:I don't understand why people take things so literally. The scores aren't going to be kept on gotsoccer and affect rankings.  

Not keeping score in weekly games makes it like club soccer. It makes the games more about  development and developing.  Then when teams play in tournaments they can see what they really are .  I personally think it's a good idea.

The only rankings it affects is our conversations like these. I saw many girls play different positions than what they are best at. It was kind of refreshing.
Changing the league or league name is not the answer. You want that type of atmosphere? Great. We all do. You will have to change the club concept. If they are making them win to keep jobs then that is what you change. Then you can switch positions or do whatever to gain the proper development. Otherwise you are just pissing into the wind.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 18/09/16, 04:35 pm

Not the answer for what? I just don't get what you think you are accomplishing that we aren't. Your DD had 2 practices this week and maybe some side work the same as mind and then played a game on Saturday, same as mine. The ONLY difference is that the score was not posted to the internet.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 18/09/16, 05:08 pm

the independents could easily create their own exclusive league. Then they could boast their league developes players best and challenge the top clubs for superiority as they develope players. JDIL lol.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 18/09/16, 05:17 pm

05girls wrote:Not the answer for what? I just don't get what you think you are accomplishing that we aren't. Your DD had 2 practices this week and maybe some side work the same as mind and then played a game on Saturday, same as mine. The ONLY difference is that the score was not posted to the internet.
Who said anything about accomplishing more. I didn't. It is however absurd to think that killing the score in a league that has around 3 top teams and the rest are around average or a touch higher to be the answer to the problem.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Draper 18/09/16, 05:23 pm

JDL team contracts signed 7/1 by players and parents explicitly stated that scores would only be shared with those that knew the secret handshake. A violation of this rule would have significant consequences for those players and parents who do not understand that their club demands development secrets be held under wraps.

JDL coaches do not want Toto pulling back the curtain....
Don Draper
Don Draper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/09/16, 05:56 pm

Good thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 18/09/16, 09:06 pm

I could say who I think is better or whatever but it would be BS.

What I saw this weekend was teams moving players around. That could of been happening because of the age pure thing and new teams / players or because of JDL.

I know that I did not see girls playing there normal positions and that could change in a couple of weeks.

I can tell you is DTS 05 has 2 or 3 girls that are difference makers and they are the one to beat. Everyone else is playing / developing for the 2nd spot at this time. It's only good for all NTX teams to face them. I saw that back team in Primetime AP05 and was impressed. Not sure why those 2/3 girls are not playing in 04.

Not sure if it's good for DTS 05 or those 2/3 girls.

I am glad that they are in 05 and that's good for my DD.

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.

Ted

Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeStretch 19/09/16, 08:03 am

Zizou wrote:the independents could easily create their own exclusive league. Then they could boast their league developes players best and challenge the top clubs for superiority as they develope players. JDIL lol.

Or they can play in open leagues and prove development doesn't require exclusivity whenever they run into the bigs in a tournament....ya know... make the case with their play instead of their marketing budget.

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 19/09/16, 08:47 am

Lyin Ted wrote:I could say who I think is better or whatever but it would be BS.

What I saw this weekend was teams moving players around. That could of been happening because of the age pure thing and new teams / players or because of JDL.

I know that I did not see girls playing there normal positions and that could change in a couple of weeks.

So why did it take the creation of JDL or any other league for that matter, for coaches to start teaching kids to be soccer players and not just positional players? Are coaches that afraid of losing or upsetting parents?
Just throwing these questions out there for discussion. Not trying to debate JDL.

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/09/16, 09:06 am

HomeStretch wrote:
Zizou wrote:the independents could easily create their own exclusive league. Then they could boast their league developes players best and challenge the top clubs for superiority as they develope players. JDIL lol.

Or they can play in open leagues and prove development doesn't require exclusivity whenever they run into the bigs in a tournament....ya know... make the case with their play instead of their marketing budget.

Well that's not going to happen in our life time. So try beating them in their own game. It seems most who come on this board feel they can do it just as good as the bigs, then start doing it.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/09/16, 09:08 am

HomeStretch wrote:

The bigs made their mark through what once was considered the top league in the country. LHGCL, it's seem this league for many years has been a open league.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 19/09/16, 09:28 am

SWINGIT!! wrote:
Lyin Ted wrote:I could say who I think is better or whatever but it would be BS.

So why did it take the creation of JDL or any other league for that matter, for coaches to start teaching kids to be soccer players and not just positional players? Are coaches that afraid of losing or upsetting parents?
Just throwing these questions out there for discussion.  Not trying to debate JDL.

Yes, by the way great question.

Unfortunately we are a country of entitled parents in the sports and education world.

I read a very interesting article this weekend about how other countries respect their teachers more than we do. Which ultimately ends up in better educated students. I would imagine those same parents that are barking at the teachers have kids playing soccer as well.

Ted

Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 19/09/16, 09:31 am

Lyin Ted wrote:
SWINGIT!! wrote:

Just throwing these questions out there for discussion.  Not trying to debate JDL.

Yes, by the way great question.

Unfortunately we are a country of entitled parents in the sports and education world.

I read a very interesting article this weekend about how other countries respect their teachers more than we do. Which ultimately ends up in better educated students. I would imagine those same parents that are barking at the teachers have kids playing soccer as well.
I am sure there are some but I don't know very many entitled parents. I do know a large sum of entitled kids and young adults.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 19/09/16, 10:00 am

Let's not be pragmatic or rational when answering this question, let's be honest. What is the #1 goal of most coaches, teams and parents in north Texas? I would argue without hesitation that it is qualifying for D1. So that being what it is, what if there are 10 spots available and you fall somewhere inthe 11-20 ranks, how are you going to achieve that goal? Constantly trying to blast it up the the blazing fast forward you have? Maybe pack it in on defense so you can get some points out of a tie? Take that goal away in JDL. Perhaps some coaches will still do the above; however it's no longer socially expected

Last season in LH we played Andromeda Haylock who was overheard constantly yelling at his players to kick the ball as far out of bounds as they could in order to waste time. Why was he doing this if he was trying to develop players?

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 19/09/16, 10:05 am

05girls wrote:Let's not be pragmatic or rational when answering this question, let's be honest. What is the #1 goal of most coaches, teams and parents in north Texas? I would argue without hesitation that it is qualifying for D1. So that being what it is, what if there are 10 spots available and you fall somewhere inthe 11-20 ranks, how are you going to achieve that goal? Constantly trying to blast it up the the blazing fast forward you have? Maybe pack it in on defense so you can get some points out of a tie? Take that goal away in JDL. Perhaps some coaches will still do the above; however it's no longer socially expected

Last season in LH we played Andromeda Haylock who was overheard constantly yelling at his players to kick the ball as far out of bounds as they could in order to waste time. Why was he doing this if he was trying to develop players?
A by-product of development is winning. So is kicking down the field to your blazing fast forward. One will stick with you and become a cornerstone of your team the other will not help much past U13 against better teams.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 19/09/16, 10:10 am

Exactly, you just said it. Appease the best player so they will stay and be a cornerstone while all the players in the middle watching the ball fly over their head never touch the ball and never develop. Who cares about them anyway? You are exactly correct.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 19/09/16, 10:27 am

+1

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccersheep 19/09/16, 11:24 am

This kick ball style of play is teaching players how to trap, volley and head the ball in air.  That is development.  Coaches teaching them the right way may never be able to build these high flying players.  Happy Monday.

05girls wrote:Exactly, you just said it.  Appease the best player so they will stay and be a cornerstone while all the players in the middle watching the ball fly over their head never touch the ball and never develop.  Who cares about them anyway?  You are exactly correct.  

Soccersheep
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum