North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Fully Funded Girls DA Teams coming soon? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Fully Funded Girls DA Teams coming soon?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fully Funded Girls DA Teams coming soon? Empty Fully Funded Girls DA Teams coming soon?

Post by HomeStretch 11/10/16, 09:09 pm

Where socal leads...others usually follow.

http://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2016/10/11/la-galaxy-launch-girls-academy-teams?autoplay=true

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Fully Funded Girls DA Teams coming soon? Empty Re: Fully Funded Girls DA Teams coming soon?

Post by Guest 12/10/16, 07:11 am

FCD, you are on the clock.

Back to top Go down

Fully Funded Girls DA Teams coming soon? Empty Re: Fully Funded Girls DA Teams coming soon?

Post by ForReal 12/10/16, 09:14 am

That's an excellent start, but is DA going to be immediately hampered if only some clubs are fully-funded?  If FCD does it and no other local clubs do, won't the best generally flock to FCD (provided geography or some other factor don't outweigh a free ride)?  That might be great from a training perspective (iron sharpens iron), but is it best for the DA model?  If a DD is not good enough to get on a fully-funded (and presumably strongest team), is it worth the sacrifice that DA requires?Thoughts?

And here's a new press release: http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2016/10/11/21/05/161011-girls-development-academy-adds-four-additional-clubs-regional-divisions-inaugural-season

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/10/16, 10:20 am

wow. fully funded...

that goes against everything that NTX is all about... lol

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 12/10/16, 10:31 am

DA won't be hampered at all. The affluent parents that try and buy their way onto teams will be hampered. When it is free, all the top players, no matter the income, will be able to compete.
"Won't the best flock to FCD?"-- It is an MLS club for boys, and soon to be for girls. The best are already flocking there. That will only be magnified.
Sacrifice: now there is a big question. 4 days a week of training plus games on Sat or Sun, limits the social life of 15/16 and 17/18's. Speaking to girls, that could be a HUGE factor. Will girls, as boys do, be willing to give up High School sports, and social events for a shot at US national team/professional soccer/college soccer. Especially when ECNL can already give them both the high school experience and college exposure. (and USWNT exposure for now)

Skiberdad: fully funded DA programs are typical on the boys side. (minus Solar)

Last edited by tpitty on 12/10/16, 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/10/16, 10:33 am

I know it's that way for boys, but the money gouging on the girls' side is legendary.

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 12/10/16, 10:35 am

skiberdad wrote:I know it's that way for boys, but the money gouging on the girls' side is legendary.
How is a typical Lake Highlands team cost different from the boys side typical Classic league cost? Where is the money gouging specific to the girls side?

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/10/16, 10:47 am

You were talking about DA. I was talking about ECNL (which was previously the highest level of competition). So in comparison, that is a vast difference in price to play at the top level available for girls. Especially, when you roster 20+ kids and we know very well number 17-20+ won't see the field for any significant period of time, yet it still costs the same. In fact, many who pay the ECNL fees don't even make the travel team. DA doesn't cost anything for boys from top to bottom of roster. That's what I was pointing out. I applaud and love that DA is coming to the girls' side. It probably doesn't apply to the one kid I have left that is of age, but I still applaud it.

But to expand the point, the cost to play on a team that plays in Plano/Arlington is the same as the cost for a team that plays in LHGCL. How is that not gouging? How is rostering 16-18 players to a D2 Plano club and charging the same fees as a D1 LHGCL club appropriate? Have you watched those Plano games? lol I mean, it's hard to watch. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for kids playing appropriate level competition, and of course, I know that the level will vary. My point is you shouldn't be charging the same $3k-4k in fees. And further, parents shouldn't be willing to pay it. There are clubs that do tier their fees, but those tend to be the indies.

That may not be true for every club, but it certainly is for the big ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/10/16, 10:50 am

oh and that's not even counting the weird hybrid leagues that charge a ton of money and aren't even ECNL.... (Composite, Champions, Premier, etc etc etc)

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 12/10/16, 10:57 am

Skibe, I hate to break it to you but  I have watched a couple of games in both JDL and LHGCL D1 where I have thought to myself, wow these parents are paying the same thing that I am.  It was hard to watch.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/10/16, 10:59 am

dude. you won't get any argument from me on that point either. I was simply making a LHGCL D1 in general point vs Plano.

I completely agree that not all LHGCL D1 teams are equal...lol

My central point remains. Fees should tiered.

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 12/10/16, 11:01 am

Its all parent demand brother. It isn't gouging because they are willing to pay for the service, league, jersey name.
All these clubs are doing is giving different outlets for parents to pay to play.

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/10/16, 11:04 am

I also agree it's because the parents are willing to pay....lol.

It's still gouging....but I suppose that's semantics zha!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/10/16, 11:05 am

tpitty wrote: The best are already flocking there. That will only be magnified.

I must have missed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 12/10/16, 11:22 am

Not surprised.

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 12/10/16, 11:37 am

tpitty wrote:DA won't be hampered at all. The affluent parents that try and buy their way onto teams will be hampered. When it is free, all the top players, no matter the income, will be able to compete.
"Won't the best flock to FCD?"-- It is an MLS club for boys, and soon to be for girls. The best are already flocking there. That will only be magnified.
Sacrifice: now there is a big question. 4 days a week of training plus games on Sat or Sun, limits the social life of 15/16 and 17/18's. Speaking to girls, that could be a HUGE factor. Will girls, as boys do, be willing to give up High School sports, and social events for a shot at US national team/professional soccer/college soccer. Especially when ECNL can already give them both the high school experience and college exposure. (and USWNT exposure for now)

That wasn't my question.  My question is what if it is not free for everyone?  Are you going to end up with one super team in DA?  Is that what U.S. Soccer envisioned with the DA program?  Wouldn't it want all the top players and for them to be spread across all the clubs?

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 12/10/16, 12:11 pm

ForReal wrote:
tpitty wrote:DA won't be hampered at all. The affluent parents that try and buy their way onto teams will be hampered. When it is free, all the top players, no matter the income, will be able to compete.

That wasn't my question.  My question is what if it is not free for everyone?  Are you going to end up with one super team in DA?  Is that what U.S. Soccer envisioned with the DA program?  Wouldn't it want all the top players and for them to be spread across all the clubs?

no "super teams" until you can lock down the best 20 girls in texas. it is crazy that our National Scouts try and lock down top 23 girls/boys to represent 300 million people. there will always be competition regardless of the individual game results in DA

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4-4-2 12/10/16, 02:04 pm

Boys DA teams have a max roster of 25 - 30 kids for each age group. Two floating teams from this max roster. Two teams in each group play two games each weekend. Everyone gets substantial playtime. Girls DA clubs could follow the boys DA model. DA fees are much cheaper than the classic league D1 teams. There are several DA exclusive kids on boys side. Keepercommander , say something "stupid" just to respond to what I said.

skiberdad wrote:You were talking about DA. I was talking about ECNL (which was previously the highest level of competition). So in comparison, that is a vast difference in price to play at the top level available for girls. Especially, when you roster 20+ kids and we know very well number 17-20+ won't see the field for any significant period of time, yet it still costs the same. In fact, many who pay the ECNL fees don't even make the travel team. DA doesn't cost anything for boys from top to bottom of roster. That's what I was pointing out. I applaud and love that DA is coming to the girls' side. It probably doesn't apply to the one kid I have left that is of age, but I still applaud it.

But to expand the point, the cost to play on a team that plays in Plano/Arlington is the same as the cost for a team that plays in LHGCL. How is that not gouging? How is rostering 16-18 players to a D2 Plano club and charging the same fees as a D1 LHGCL club appropriate? Have you watched those Plano games? lol I mean, it's hard to watch. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for kids playing appropriate level competition, and of course, I know that the level will vary. My point is you shouldn't be charging the same $3k-4k in fees. And further, parents shouldn't be willing to pay it. There are clubs that do tier their fees, but those tend to be the indies.

4-4-2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 12/10/16, 02:12 pm

Sho'Nuff wrote:
tpitty wrote: The best are already flocking there. That will only be magnified.

I must have missed it.

cheers
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 12/10/16, 05:06 pm

4-4-2 wrote:Boys DA teams have a max roster of 25 - 30 kids for each age group. Two floating teams from this max roster. Two teams in each group play two games each weekend. Everyone gets substantial playtime. Girls DA clubs could follow the boys DA model. DA fees are much cheaper than the classic league D1 teams.   There are several DA exclusive kids on boys side.  Keepercommander , say something "stupid" just to respond  to what I said.

skiberdad wrote:You were talking about DA.  I was talking about ECNL (which was previously the highest level of competition).  So in comparison, that is a vast difference in price to play at the top level available for girls.  Especially, when you roster 20+ kids and we know very well number 17-20+ won't see the field for any significant period of time, yet it still costs the same.  In fact, many who pay the ECNL fees don't even make the travel team.  DA doesn't cost anything for boys from top to bottom of roster.  That's what I was pointing out.  I applaud and love that DA is coming to the girls' side.  It probably doesn't apply to the one kid I have left that is of age, but I still applaud it.

But to expand the point, the cost to play on a team that plays in Plano/Arlington is the same as the cost for a team that plays in LHGCL.  How is that not gouging?  How is rostering 16-18 players to a D2 Plano club and charging the same fees as a D1 LHGCL club appropriate?  Have you watched those Plano games?  lol  I mean, it's hard to watch.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm all for kids playing appropriate level competition, and of course, I know that the level will vary.  My point is you shouldn't be charging the same $3k-4k in fees.  And further, parents shouldn't be willing to pay it.  There are clubs that do tier their fees, but those tend to be the indies.

check your numbers and/or your sources. only at U12 do boys have two team playing two separate games in 9V9 soccer. U13DA, U14DA, U15 Pre-Academy, U16 DA and U18 DA have one team per club

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/10/16, 05:34 pm

ONLYASOCCERDAD wrote:
4-4-2 wrote:Boys DA teams have a max roster of 25 - 30 kids for each age group. Two floating teams from this max roster. Two teams in each group play two games each weekend. Everyone gets substantial playtime. Girls DA clubs could follow the boys DA model. DA fees are much cheaper than the classic league D1 teams.   There are several DA exclusive kids on boys side.  Keepercommander , say something "stupid" just to respond  to what I said.

skiberdad wrote:You were talking about DA.  I was talking about ECNL (which was previously the highest level of competition).  So in comparison, that is a vast difference in price to play at the top level available for girls.  Especially, when you roster 20+ kids and we know very well number 17-20+ won't see the field for any significant period of time, yet it still costs the same.  In fact, many who pay the ECNL fees don't even make the travel team.  DA doesn't cost anything for boys from top to bottom of roster.  That's what I was pointing out.  I applaud and love that DA is coming to the girls' side.  It probably doesn't apply to the one kid I have left that is of age, but I still applaud it.

But to expand the point, the cost to play on a team that plays in Plano/Arlington is the same as the cost for a team that plays in LHGCL.  How is that not gouging?  How is rostering 16-18 players to a D2 Plano club and charging the same fees as a D1 LHGCL club appropriate?  Have you watched those Plano games?  lol  I mean, it's hard to watch.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm all for kids playing appropriate level competition, and of course, I know that the level will vary.  My point is you shouldn't be charging the same $3k-4k in fees.  And further, parents shouldn't be willing to pay it.  There are clubs that do tier their fees, but those tend to be the indies.

check your numbers and/or your sources. only at U12 do boys have two team playing two separate games in 9V9 soccer. U13DA, U14DA, U15 Pre-Academy, U16 DA and U18 DA have one team per club

Why let something as trivial as facts get in the way... our Presidential candidates don't... affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 12/10/16, 08:49 pm

But those players that you consider 17-20+ will be rostered on a LH team too so they can get the touches and minutes.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 12/10/16, 08:56 pm

I already know I am going Hell!! So at this point its Go Big or Go Home!! I am drinking so don't push me Commie.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/16, 07:28 am

KeeperCommander wrote:

But those players that you consider 17-20+ will be rostered on a LH team too so they can get the touches and minutes.  

But they are paying ECNL prices. They're paying for exposure to college scouts etc etc. If the only field time they see if LHGCL, they get none of that. They might as well play LHGCL and pay those rates.

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 13/10/16, 08:13 am

skiberdad wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

But they are paying ECNL prices.  They're paying for exposure to college scouts etc etc.  If the only field time they see if LHGCL, they get none of that.  They might as well play LHGCL and pay those rates.
I see what you are saying. I think the vast majority see a great deal of playing time at the ECNL level, with those few that are constantly playing on a LH roster it prob comes down to whether or not they truly deserved to be on that team. They are prob very talented girls and might very well go on to play in college but for that specific team they were player #17-20+. I know parents who have a very talented kid want that kid to make the top team and play, but reality is very few get to. They may be talented but they may have to play for the #3 or #4 team in the area to get the playing time that one may deserve. Start for a lower team or sit on the higher team.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next