Latest topics
» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr Today at 12:42 pm

» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr Today at 12:41 pm

» 01 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 12:15 pm

» Trophy Hunting?
by 7WhiskeyPapa Today at 12:08 pm

» Equal Playing Time For Players ?
by KeeperCommander Today at 10:28 am

» Hello Plano Labor Day Tournament... Is anybody in there?
by TxFutbal Today at 10:11 am

» TOURNAMENT: U90C Labor Day Open - Sept 1-4
by U90C Today at 09:56 am

» 09 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 09:35 am

» FBR 09G April 30th 2017
by FBR07G Today at 09:07 am

» BMS Friday Soccer Skills Sessions
by psaldivar Today at 08:57 am

» Adidas Germantown Invitational
by db10 Today at 08:20 am

» Tatu's Sting 00' & 01' ECNL Open Tryout Schedule
by Poacher Today at 08:00 am

» 07 LH QT
by 7WhiskeyPapa Yesterday at 08:19 pm

» FDSP Training Program 2017/2018
by cityfutsal Yesterday at 07:45 pm

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 03:56 pm

» 09 Girls Team looking for players - Sting Mendoza - Dallas
by dorn993678 Yesterday at 02:47 pm

» 99 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 01:09 pm

» Looking to scrimmage 8/19
by LittleFeet10 Yesterday at 12:19 pm

» 08 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 10:28 am

» FCD. #23 AM full kit +extra
by momofsoccergirls 16/08/17, 11:51 pm

» Schedule for Lakehighlands Girls 07
by TxFutbal 16/08/17, 10:07 pm

» Turf Cup 3v3 Needs 2005, 2008 & 2009 Teams for This Weekend
by mexgenius 16/08/17, 02:46 pm

» D'Feeters 2010 North Team Forming
by dfeeters10north 16/08/17, 12:13 pm

» Sports Organization Management Software Jevin Dan Ptak TX
by Foxysoccermom 16/08/17, 11:50 am

» Sting YXL game shorts - $15
by phantoms 16/08/17, 11:49 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11234 registered users
The newest registered user is eajustin

Our users have posted a total of 161556 messages in 20306 subjects

03 D1 Dual Rostering

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 03 D1 Dual Rostering

Post by Soapbox_mom on 31/10/16, 01:56 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
db10 wrote:Solar Grado WAS an 03 D1 team last year. They finished 11th in LH and I guess that's why there was a "bye issue" the team felt like they deserved a D1 bye because they decided to stay 03 and not move up with the others to 02.

If you check a bit you will see that the DT Central coach had the Mustangs 03 team from last year so the question would be how many players are from the older team versus the 04 team from last year. If they are the 04 girls then I wouldn't place them in D1 quite yet.

We need to remember that a number of the teams in D1 were slapped together late by their clubs after being raided for ECNL players. I think we'll see better performances in the spring once these girls get to gel a bit more. I'm not saying LPE is in trouble just that we may not see such lopsided games in the spring.

Last I recall LPE lost 10 players from last season. Makes you wonder how they will look when they gel, hmmm. Not sure what's being thought out there but LPE Coach must be doing something right..

My sources tell me that they are teaching avoid and evade. Next spring will be better...until it isn't. They just need to keep the dues coming in until they can figure it out. Or until the girls graduate hs.

Soapbox_mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 31/10/16, 02:13 pm

WhySeauxSerious wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
db10 wrote:Solar Grado WAS an 03 D1 team last year. They finished 11th in LH and I guess that's why there was a "bye issue" the team felt like they deserved a D1 bye because they decided to stay 03 and not move up with the others to 02.

If you check a bit you will see that the DT Central coach had the Mustangs 03 team from last year so the question would be how many players are from the older team versus the 04 team from last year. If they are the 04 girls then I wouldn't place them in D1 quite yet.

We need to remember that a number of the teams in D1 were slapped together late by their clubs after being raided for ECNL players. I think we'll see better performances in the spring once these girls get to gel a bit more. I'm not saying LPE is in trouble just that we may not see such lopsided games in the spring.

Last I recall LPE lost 10 players from last season. Makes you wonder how they will look when they gel, hmmm. Not sure what's being thought out there but Coach Flynn must be doing something right..

SOAP I know your defense mechanism has kicked in but honestly....this Wednesday is the statement game.... every other game yall have won, yall honestly "should" have won.

and if yall consider staying together next year....do you think things will be easier or harder...serious question?

Games against South have always been intense and I wouldn't expect anything less this Wed.  Having lost 10 players but also signing 10 new talented players gives any team hope.  With all the changes, you can't take anything for granted.  The girls prep everyday at practice like they're getting ready to play South, must be working..  Twisted Evil

I can speculate all day long how the leagues will look.  Feel like I'm being baited for the next question..

Last edited by Son_ofa_Pitch on 31/10/16, 05:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by WhySeauxSerious on 31/10/16, 02:56 pm

No further questions!!
I know who you do it all for and I can't knock you for that!!

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : 80 mph on President George "Dubya" Bush Turnpike...

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 31/10/16, 03:47 pm

sleestack wrote:Here is how I see the entire 03 LH pool.  I think Solar Grado belongs with the top-7 in D1...the bottom 3 in D1 probably don't belong there, and I think Texans (former Mustangs) and Sting Dunstan also probably deserve to be in the top-10.  The top-3 teams in D1 (Liverpool Elite, Texans-Patterson, Texans-South) are probably a notch ahead of everyone else.  Here's how I would group the entire 30 teams, with overall ranking #...

Group A:
1. LP-Elite
2. DT-Patterson
3. DT-South

Group B:
4. LP-Owen
5. Solar-Grado
6. DeFeeters
7. Sting-Khan
8. DT-Stark
9. DT-Bussey
10. Sting-Dunstan

Group C:
11. Solar-Llamas
12. Solar-Wells
13. Sparta
14. LP-Raisbeck
15. DT-White
16. FCD-WTX
17. NTX-Celtic

Group D:
18. Sting-Cuevas 03
19. FCD-Red
20. Sting-Angell
21. FCD-White
22. Texas Spirit
23. SRFC

Group E
24. Sting-Rojas
25. Dallas Kicks
26. FCD-Black
27. Sting Guerra
28. Texas Spirit North
29. LP-Hansen
30. Sting-Cuevas Royal    

Discuss....

You're giving WAY too much credit to Group C and you're moving the bottom of D1 down too far. Llamas tied Owen, FCD Red tied DT - Stark, Llamas beat d'Feet, Sting West beat FCD Red and Llamas by 1 goal...the same as they beat Owen. Yet Owen is at 4?

I also don't see any games head to head recently that tells me Grado, Bussey, or Dunstan deserve the rankings you gave them. Look at the tournaments and tell me who they have beaten that would place them next to D'Feet?

I know all the D2 / D3 parents see the scores in D1 and think wow that team lost by 5 goals to LPE I bet my team can beat them...but to quote a wise man "not so fast" your big win over ex PPL teams isn't quite impressing most if us just yet. I've seen a number of the D1 games and once you get past the the 4th place team things start to blur a bit. So until I see a head to head result that makes me believe otherwise my guess is something like this...

Group A:
1. LP-Elite
2. DT-Patterson
3. DT-South

Group B:
4. D'Feeters
5. LP-Owen

Group C:
6. Sting-Khan
7. DT-Stark
8. Solar-Llamas
9. Solar-Grado
10. DT-Bussey
11. Sting-Cuevas 03
12. FCD-Red
13. Sting-Dunstan
14. Solar-Wells

after that I have no clue...don't pay that much attention.
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 31/10/16, 04:27 pm

WhySeauxSerious wrote:No further questions!!
I know who you do it all for and I can't knock you for that!!

You're one of the few that understand.. Good looking out.
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie on 31/10/16, 04:38 pm

ElClassico wrote:
I also don't see any games head to head recently that tells me Grado, Bussey, or Dunstan deserve the rankings you gave them. Look at the tournaments and tell me who they have beaten that would place them next to D'Feet?

With exception of Texans Central beating Sting West in PLD final,
you won't find any recent D2/D1 'head to head'. Maybe that'll will change with the Texans Fall Fest
and Michael Brown Invitational.
Rookie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad on 31/10/16, 05:01 pm

Soapbox_mom wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:

Last I recall LPE lost 10 players from last season. Makes you wonder how they will look when they gel, hmmm. Not sure what's being thought out there but LPE Coach must be doing something right..

My sources tell me that they are teaching avoid and evade. Next spring will be better...until it isn't. They just need to keep the dues coming in until they can figure it out. Or until the girls graduate hs.

Avoid and evade, seriously? Avoid who and evade what? Your "sources" lack as much credibility as you do claiming to have them. As SOAP suggested above, scrimmaging would be a great option to gauge the teams' development. Assuming you are even with the Grado team, make that suggestion to your coach and let's see who avoids and evades. Heck, you can start at the bottom and work your way up so the team doesn't get in over their heads too quick.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapbox_mom on 31/10/16, 05:39 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
Soapbox_mom wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:

I wasn't talking about lp, I was talking about the other big club d-1

Avoid and evade, seriously? Avoid who and evade what? Your "sources" lack as much credibility as you do claiming to have them. As SOAP suggested above, scrimmaging would be a great option to gauge the teams' development. Assuming you are even with the Grado team, make that suggestion to your coach and let's see who avoids and evades. Heck, you can start at the bottom and work your way up so the team doesn't get in over their heads too quick.

I wasn't talking about lp, I was talking about the other d-1 big club teams. Lp will still whoop em all. Soap isn't being baited the rest of the d-1 dummies are.

Soapbox_mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapbox_mom on 31/10/16, 05:46 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
Soapbox_mom wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:

Avoid and evade, seriously? Avoid who and evade what? Your "sources" lack as much credibility as you do claiming to have them. As SOAP suggested above, scrimmaging would be a great option to gauge the teams' development. Assuming you are even with the Grado team, make that suggestion to your coach and let's see who avoids and evades. Heck, you can start at the bottom and work your way up so the team doesn't

get in over their heads too quick.

Who said I was with solar grado?  Main point I was making had nothing to do with lp. Just the fact that the bottom half of d-1 belonged in the bottom of d-2. Read the copy.

My other response was to the highlighted caption above...not directed at lp. Follow along big dummie jocolor

Soapbox_mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad on 31/10/16, 06:39 pm

How quickly you got off your high horse, err should I say soap box. It was your initial post that got this little sparring session started. Remember, the one where you said that the top 3 in D2 could beat every team in D1. You then backed off that by excluding Elite from your suggestion and are now backing off even further by excluding all but the bottom few from your suggestion..if you back off any further you're gonna back those vaunted D2 teams right back down into D2. Laughing  Now this big dummie could use some clarification as to who the avoid and evade comment was directed towards. Question But before you respond remember that line from Big Jake. Lol

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapbox_mom on 31/10/16, 08:46 pm

Glad to see you answered when called ... jocolor You're as bad as these kids that keep asking for candy....I have to tell them they cant have the big candy bar because that's for the kids that belong in d-1. So to recap: yes the top heck lets go with 3-4 teams in d-2 are better than all the teams in d-1 except possibly lp. lp #1, Texans strong throughout but can't beat solar grado, sting highly consisistent at being ok, feet bad hombre and fcd should probably just walk away from the 03 age group. The rest put em where you want. Happy Halloween. Bewhahaha.

Soapbox_mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 on 31/10/16, 09:40 pm

I thought Sparta was the best team in the age group, at least that's what I've been told on the forum for 2 years now.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapbox_mom on 31/10/16, 09:52 pm

Sparta is the top 03 team in burleson.

Soapbox_mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistAndShout on 31/10/16, 10:32 pm

Someone's not as smart as they think they are...

TwistAndShout
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistAndShout on 31/10/16, 10:36 pm

LPE has played everyone in D1 to this point I believe - would be interested in hearing their take on all the "other" D1 teams. Love to hear them actually talk about a team besides their own in a good light... can it be done? Now therein lies the biggest challenge.

TwistAndShout
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WhySeauxSerious on 01/11/16, 08:17 am

LP will give props but they are too often on the defensive. they are a easy target for trolls because of their "latest stint of adversity" they've been dealing with. They will win LH again this year unless something CRAZY happens. Even if they lost to DTS twice and beat everyone else again they should be ahead by 1 point. That would make 3 years in a row, and this year being a sort of consolation prize for previous years of success. But there is the notion that they could return next year to take on the D2 teams that are "supposedly" better than this years D1 teams.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : 80 mph on President George "Dubya" Bush Turnpike...

Back to top Go down

Post by sleestack on 01/11/16, 08:58 am

ElClassico wrote:
I know all the D2 / D3 parents see the scores in D1 and think wow that team lost by 5 goals to LPE I bet my team can beat them...but to quote a wise man "not so fast" your big win over ex PPL teams isn't quite impressing most if us just yet. I've seen a number of the D1 games and once you get past the the 4th place team things start to blur a bit. So until I see a head to head result that makes me believe otherwise my guess is something like this...

Group A:
1. LP-Elite
2. DT-Patterson
3. DT-South

Group B:
4. D'Feeters
5. LP-Owen

Group C:
6. Sting-Khan
7. DT-Stark
8. Solar-Llamas
9. Solar-Grado
10. DT-Bussey
11. Sting-Cuevas 03
12. FCD-Red
13. Sting-Dunstan
14. Solar-Wells

after that I have no clue...don't pay that much attention.

Your Top-14 really isn't all that different than mine...splitting hairs.  My two main points were...
1. Agree with Soap...bottom of D1 are not as good as top of D2, and
2. Disagree with Soap...Grado is a very good team and D1 worthy...BUT THEY ARE NOT BETTER THAN THE TOP OF D1.

On the 2nd point, it appears we agree.

sleestack
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by isawthelight on 01/11/16, 09:05 am

Sparta, seriously.....
isawthelight
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 on 01/11/16, 09:35 am

(My take on the top 3 with all respect given)

LPE - My DD's team has played LPE over the past 3 years. They are a very good team and are with no doubt the best in LH. Are they as good as previous years, maybe not, but only by a small margin. I think they'd be a mid table ECNL team right now, above D'Feet. They can shoot, shoot from anywhere and score. They are very good on the offensive side of the field and attack quickly. You are toast if your LB and RB aren't up to it and it's one of the reasons they can run the score up quickly. Defensively they are susceptible but you have to convert as they do recover and counter quickly.

DTS - Not the team they were last year. Still good but I think the scores in their games will be closer in the spring. Still fast, still physical...still a top team. Decent enough ball control. They have some top players that set the team above most of their competition.

Texans - They're from the school of coaching that the opponent can't hurt you if you've knocked them to the ground. They can shoot from distance and it helped them run up the score at Chinn Chapel against 2 lower table opponents. Other than that their games have been close. They play "direct soccer" from what I've seen and I can imagine their game vs. Owen looked like a tennis match with the midfielders watching the balls fly over. They has some good players as well that created some separation with the pack. However from what I've seen a heard their opponents never feel like they are out of the game.

Personally I take some of these scores with a grain of salt. Are the winning teams that much better or did the opposing group of 12 year old girls stop fighting at 3-0? I'd say LPE is that much better, DTS tires teams out, and the Texans simply can push the smaller teams around more.

....and yes Sparta, just ask them Razz

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapbox_mom on 01/11/16, 09:39 am

isawthelight wrote:Sparta, seriously.....

Choo choo

Soapbox_mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Andwhynot? on 01/11/16, 10:12 am

isawthelight wrote:Sparta, seriously.....

Andwhynot?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 01/11/16, 05:18 pm

I don't have a problem giving teams props but from my point of view, its hard at times when most of the game we are playing on the opposing team side of the field.. No disrespect to any teams we've played. I have seen talented players on every team so far this year and I do believe second half of the season will be more competitive.

To me (my opinion), it comes down to two things:
1.) Is the opposing 11 more talented than our 11
2.) Who makes the fewest mistakes.

We've had our share of defensive mistakes this year hence "Defensively they are susceptible".. LPE has played 40 games and has given up 15 goals in three LH seasons. I take a apprehensive approach (my dd is returning from injury) and she is one of the backbone on the defense.. She has a sense of pride to have clean sheets every game if possible.
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleansheets on 01/11/16, 05:46 pm

My ears are burning.

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistAndShout on 02/11/16, 10:07 am

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:I don't have a problem giving teams props but from my point of view, its hard at times when most of the game we are playing on the opposing team side of the field.. No disrespect to any teams we've played. I have seen talented players on every team so far this year and I do believe second half of the season will be more competitive.

To me (my opinion), it comes down to two things:
1.) Is the opposing 11 more talented than our 11
2.) Who makes the fewest mistakes.

We've had our share of defensive mistakes this year hence "Defensively they are susceptible".. LPE has played 40 games and has given up 15 goals in three LH seasons. I take a apprehensive approach (my dd is returning from injury) and she is one of the backbone on the defense.. She has a sense of pride to have clean sheets every game if possible.

See, that's not what I asked, what I asked was for you NOT to talk about your team... we get how good you are - we get that you've been consistently winning, yada, yada, yada...  not what I was talking about at all.  I was asking you to "assess" the talent in a positive manner - can you?  Someone already started a neat little list - in your humble opinion, not mentioning how GOOD your team is, how does that pan out in your mind?

Understanding that you probably know as little about Solar Grado as the rest of us... LOL

TwistAndShout
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 02/11/16, 10:41 am

You're asking a LPE parent to not only admit there are 11 other girls on the field besides theirs but to speak of them in a positive manner??? Good Lord, next thing you'll want is for DTS parents to quietly enjoy the game supporting the effort of all the girls playing.

If I were you I'd take SOAP's statement, "I have seen talented players on every team so far this year and I do believe second half of the season will be more competitive." as a huge complement to all those involved in D1

Razz Razz Razz
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistAndShout on 02/11/16, 10:47 am

ElClassico wrote:You're asking a LPE parent to not only admit there are 11 other girls on the field besides theirs but to speak of them in a positive manner??? Good Lord, next thing you'll want is for DTS parents to quietly enjoy the game supporting the effort of all the girls playing.

If I were you I'd take SOAP's statement, "I have seen talented players on every team so far this year and I do believe second half of the season will be more competitive." as a huge complement to all those involved in D1

Razz Razz Razz

Well SOAP likes to "scout" other teams so figured why not tap into that ultimate knowledge to see just how accurate that list "might" be cause I don't know that an LPE parent has the ability - considering the statement, that seems like more of a dig than a compliment to be honest.

TwistAndShout
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum