Latest topics
TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMSYesterday at 11:56 pmNtxsoccerfan08
Here were go again - Games CancellationYesterday at 08:07 pmMurderWasTheCase
Defunct Club?Yesterday at 03:42 pmSoccerSuckers
07 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 01:49 pmU90C
08 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 01:48 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 01:47 pmU90C
Liverpool 09 Flynn Yesterday at 01:42 pmLP_Elite
FALL '18 - SPRING '19 CLASSIC LEAGUE KICK-OFF by GamedayYesterday at 11:32 amGameday 04 New
06 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Yesterday at 10:06 amU90C
05 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 10:04 amU90C
13 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 10:04 amU90C
Solar 11g Barnes Open practicesYesterday at 09:19 amSportsmanship
Solar Mattice 09B - Soccer OpportunitiesYesterday at 09:03 amkmattice
Team DQ'ed from Lake Highlands D323/09/18, 10:25 pmcoachdom23
Crazyfeet 06/07 Girls - Looking for players23/09/18, 09:55 amsoccaloco
Crazyfeet 06/07 Girls - Looking for players23/09/18, 09:55 amsoccaloco
FREE Liverpool Street Soccer - FRIDAY NIGHTS - Two Locations23/09/18, 08:04 amSoccerSuckers
U12 DA Landscape22/09/18, 11:32 pmfactsmatter
Week 1 in D122/09/18, 09:09 amTexanDad37
Team Bye22/09/18, 08:32 am7WhiskeyPapa
Club Payments22/09/18, 03:22 amupper95
Solar Bag #11 for sale21/09/18, 02:56 pmsolar2009girls
06 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)21/09/18, 02:13 pmU90C
TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL21/09/18, 02:03 pmPelepelepele
Possible DA girl moving to Texas21/09/18, 01:05 pm06Southgirl
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12668 registered users
The newest registered user is Boogeyman#21

Our users have posted a total of 182075 messages in 24170 subjects

JDL was it good or bad

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

JDL was it good or bad

Post by ballin20 on 17/11/16, 12:31 am

So what did you think about the JDL league... I didn't like it at all it was a waste of money in time for me and way too far of a drive it was a good thing that we also stay in LH where the game really matters and trying to finish in first place is good enough for me but I don't see JDL League around for a long time
avatar
ballin20
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 6
Points : 917
Join date : 2016-03-27
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by Lakedad on 17/11/16, 07:38 am

The 4-5 parents i've talked to all agree the coaches didn't live up to the sales pitch. Kids didn't play at different positions and the subbing didn't change a whole lot.

Parents still keep score in their heads and always will.

But our coach seemed to try a few new things and was taking more risks to play out of the back and keep posession. Don't know that would happen in LH.

All in all - some good, some bad. It still needs some time to find it's niche.
avatar
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 358
Points : 2529
Join date : 2012-10-21
Location : Lake today? I can't, my kid has soccer.

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by Sho'Nuff on 17/11/16, 08:42 am

It seemed low-priority. Refs didn't show up on time to the 8a games. Some of the games were started without two linesman.

Not much concern about number of Fall JDL games. Spring will be busy or we will not get the promised number of games.

As far as different positions go, I am still a terrible person for wanting different positions in a scrimmage league. That's not on JDL though.



__________________________________________________
The opinions expressed here are solely those of the author.  These comments are not intended to reflect the positions of a specific team, club, or coach.
avatar
Sho'Nuff
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1248
Points : 3119
Join date : 2013-10-22
Location : Muskogee, Oklahoma

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by Guest on 17/11/16, 09:05 am

I dont really see a significant difference in the level of competition. JDL has about 4 good games to watch as well as Lake Highlands.

I do think the JDL concept had the best "intentions" but it realllly didnt materialize into what was being sold. NTX soccer shouldn't have been tampered with from '99-'05.

JDL could have been hand selected in addition to LH
or just had a LH D1 "Premium" division. I think they've actually created a mess.

FCD JDL Red
FCD JDL Blue
DTS
Rush
Solar Pulp
Solar Arnold
Sting Diaz
Sting G
FCD Blue
and 1 more team would have been enough to have good competition for 18 games and just tweak the game rules to be similar to the proposed JDL "ECNL" rules....those refs aren't paying enough attention in JDL anyway. I saw them sub kids in and out during the same half lol.

but oh well...I mean, look how far the all of the players in NTX have advanced in development this year so far!! that's invaluable!! right?!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by Guest on 17/11/16, 09:15 am

Question is....how and when will things level out?
Will it?
Probably not for '05's and up.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by Zizou on 17/11/16, 10:07 am

US soccer as a whole is trying to pull all the top players into select clubs.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2322
Points : 4197
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by Zizou on 17/11/16, 10:09 am

This is in effort for player across the nation to receive consistent training based on standards set by US soccer.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2322
Points : 4197
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by Zizou on 17/11/16, 10:14 am

I know this does not vote well for the independents, but for the last 10 years it's seem anyone with a city park or some land have seen they can make money selling soccer. Good for making money not good for developing players

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2322
Points : 4197
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by TatonkaBurger on 17/11/16, 02:20 pm

I look at JDL in terms of its impact.  The league itself has looked nothing different than LHGCL D1, which is what most people were touting as JDL's appeal.  Paraphrasing: You get away from weak competition and games that do nothing for development.  Well IMO, JDL has done nothing for that idea.  You have 2 top tier teams, 4 middle tier teams, and 3 bottom tier teams.  The top tier teams blow out the bottom tier teams, the middle tier teams kind of do too, but there are some competitive games between the middle and top tier teams.  Yea that looks and feels a whole lot like what happened in a 20 team super bracket for first year of select or what happened in the years following when it was 10 or 9 team brackets in LHGCL D1.

So the true impact has been the benefit felt by those 2 top tier teams and really only those 2 teams.  The summer craziness (you can debate who caused it) of the push to get into the Big 4/5 and this new "elite league" served to give us all Solar Pulpaneck and FCD JDL Red.  Each team was able to stock up on talent to separate themselves from the others - taking full advantage of the panic.  

As for the others:  
Dallas Texans South is banging on the door of the top tier.  They have a great team but because the roster was basically set in the spring, they did not receive the same benefit from the summer panic scramble.  Could they have gone after more talent?  Possibly.  But they chose loyalty and stayed intact.

Sting has 2 good teams.  There is something to be said for recruiting 2 separate teams that are competitive and not pushing an A and B team, but it has potentially cost them the ability to have a top tier team.  Were there fears that Sting would not get DA or that neither of the coaches could have actually gotten the talent to compete as a tier 1 team?  Possibly.

FC Dallas JDL Blue benefited by having a lot of girls from Liverpool stick it out even though their old coach stayed behind. They have a good team, lots of talent and belong in the middle tier.  Like the other middle tier teams, they can challenge the top 2 but will more than likely fall short each game.

The bottom tier is the bottom tier.  They do not have the talent to compete with the 6 teams above them.

So was JDL good or bad?  It has not lived up to the hype, that's for sure.  FC Dallas JDL Red will say it is great.  So will Solar Pulpaneck.  Will FC Dallas JDL Blue and Solar Arnold?  I bet the answer would be mixed.  DT South is basically an independent entity and they probably don't care.  They played both leagues anyway.  The others will probably have a mixed response too.  But there is no question to me who has really benefited.
avatar
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1174
Points : 3317
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by DIDI ALLDAY on 17/11/16, 02:33 pm

So on point Zizou It's a money thing
avatar
DIDI ALLDAY
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 80
Points : 862
Join date : 2016-08-08

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by Lakedad on 17/11/16, 02:34 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:I look at JDL in terms of its impact.  The league itself has looked nothing different than LHGCL D1, which is what most people were touting as JDL's appeal.  Paraphrasing: You get away from weak competition and games that do nothing for development.  Well IMO, JDL has done nothing for that idea.  You have 2 top tier teams, 4 middle tier teams, and 3 bottom tier teams.  The top tier teams blow out the bottom tier teams, the middle tier teams kind of do too, but there are some competitive games between the middle and top tier teams.  Yea that looks and feels a whole lot like what happened in a 20 team super bracket for first year of select or what happened in the years following when it was 10 or 9 team brackets in LHGCL D1.

So the true impact has been the benefit felt by those 2 top tier teams and really only those 2 teams.  The summer craziness (you can debate who caused it) of the push to get into the Big 4/5 and this new "elite league" served to give us all Solar Pulpaneck and FCD JDL Red.  Each team was able to stock up on talent to separate themselves from the others - taking full advantage of the panic.  


As for the others:  
Dallas Texans South is banging on the door of the top tier.  They have a great team but because the roster was basically set in the spring, they did not receive the same benefit from the summer panic scramble.  Could they have gone after more talent?  Possibly.  But they chose loyalty and stayed intact.

Sting has 2 good teams.  There is something to be said for recruiting 2 separate teams that are competitive and not pushing an A and B team, but it has potentially cost them the ability to have a top tier team.  Were there fears that Sting would not get DA or that neither of the coaches could have actually gotten the talent to compete as a tier 1 team?  Possibly.

FC Dallas JDL Blue benefited by having a lot of girls from Liverpool stick it out even though their old coach stayed behind. They have a good team, lots of talent and belong in the middle tier.  Like the other middle tier teams, they can challenge the top 2 but will more than likely fall short each game.

The bottom tier is the bottom tier.  They do not have the talent to compete with the 6 teams above them.

So was JDL good or bad?  It has not lived up to the hype, that's for sure.  FC Dallas JDL Red will say it is great.  So will Solar Pulpaneck.  Will FC Dallas JDL Blue and Solar Arnold?  I bet the answer would be mixed.  DT South is basically an independent entity and they probably don't care.  They played both leagues anyway.  The others will probably have a mixed response too.  But there is no question to me who has really benefited.

That's a pretty good run down. Funny how the 05's seem very similar with the excpetion of DTS being the king of the castle.  Red and Pulp seem to be runners up and the rest are well...the rest.  Limited teams and clubs, kinda disappointing for the 05 group as a whole and Pulp/Red got rained out.


Last edited by Lakedad on 17/11/16, 03:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : HAHA - i'm dumb)
avatar
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 358
Points : 2529
Join date : 2012-10-21
Location : Lake today? I can't, my kid has soccer.

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by ballin20 on 17/11/16, 04:34 pm

Top 5 team for me that i like to watch play
DTS
FCD JDL Red
Rush
Solar Pulp
Sting Diaz
Just hope to see all team's back in LH Where we didn't  have to wear about referees being late or not having any   referees at games time
avatar
ballin20
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 6
Points : 917
Join date : 2016-03-27
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by Guest on 17/11/16, 05:29 pm

Don't see that happening...
All the aforementioned teams with the exception of rush will most likely be sending girls to ECNL or DA. If those coaches keep a team in LH, they will likely be shells of their old selves. Can't see next year being much better than this year if not worse.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by Zizou on 17/11/16, 06:56 pm

Cam203030 wrote:So on point Zizou It's a money thing

That's what will be said by all the individuals that are against the big clubs. All clubs make money that why you see a new club popping up every week. US soccer wants control of the clubs, the money, and last but not least the single voice on how the top players should be developed. Not toms nor dick nor Harry's voice that thinks he knows the game.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2322
Points : 4197
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by 05DD on 17/11/16, 08:09 pm

Zizou wrote:
Cam203030 wrote:So on point Zizou It's a money thing

That's what will be said by all the individuals that are against the big clubs. All clubs make money that why you see a new club popping up every week. US soccer wants control of the clubs, the money, and last but not least the single voice on how the top players should be developed. Not toms nor dick nor Harry's voice that thinks he knows the game.
How does this in any way connect to JDL?
What am I missing here. JDL is an ECNL club thing. US Soccer totally different organization. And what makes US Soccer the authority on how to develop top players? Certainly not their track record. So that only leaves the $$ thing.
avatar
05DD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 74
Points : 2086
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by DIDI ALLDAY on 17/11/16, 09:39 pm

Ok ballin20 Out of those 5 teams who the Better team over all
DTS
FCD JDL Red
Rush
Solar Pulp
Sting Diaz
avatar
DIDI ALLDAY
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 80
Points : 862
Join date : 2016-08-08

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by ballin20 on 17/11/16, 09:49 pm

This is my opinion i will put them 1-5
DTS
RUSH
Sting Diaz
FCD JDL RED
Solar Pulp
avatar
ballin20
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 6
Points : 917
Join date : 2016-03-27
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by Zizou on 17/11/16, 10:13 pm

[quote="05DD"]
Zizou wrote:
Cam203030 wrote:So on point Zizou It's a money thing

That's what will be said by all the individuals that are against the big clubs. All clubs make money that why you see a new club popping up every week. US soccer wants control of the clubs, the money, and last but not least the single voice on how the top players should be developed. Not toms nor dick nor Harry's voice that thinks he knows the game.
How does this in any way connect to JDL?
What am I missing here. JDL is an ECNL club thing. US Soccer totally different organization. And what makes US Soccer the authority on how to develop top players? Certainly not their track record. So that only leaves the $$ thing.[/

JDL clubs that you speak of have all been excepted into to the girls development academy. DA is you top division, ECNL will be you second division, lake highlands will become third division and so in down the line. So I suppose you prefer the Tom , dick , and Harry approach?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2322
Points : 4197
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by Guest on 18/11/16, 08:02 am

LMMFAO....
You can tell ballin20 and Cam203030 are the same person.
posts 10 mins apart and in the exact same format. Even the avatars are similar.
Dont feel slighted by Tatonka's synopsis...yall def a top tier team.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by Downtoplaysoccer on 18/11/16, 08:35 am

My 2 cents...The JDL league would have been worth it if the Solar Pulp and FCD Red match would of played. I just hate Mother Nature intervened. It was gonna be a good one.
avatar
Downtoplaysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Points : 1576
Join date : 2014-06-27

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by Big Ern on 18/11/16, 09:01 am

^ Brilliant WhySeauxSerious and completely agreed Downtoplaysoccer

05DD wrote:
Zizou wrote:
Cam203030 wrote:So on point Zizou It's a money thing

That's what will be said by all the individuals that are against the big clubs. All clubs make money that why you see a new club popping up every week. US soccer wants control of the clubs, the money, and last but not least the single voice on how the top players should be developed. Not toms nor dick nor Harry's voice that thinks he knows the game.
How does this in any way connect to JDL?
What am I missing here. JDL is an ECNL club thing. US Soccer totally different organization. And what makes US Soccer the authority on how to develop top players? Certainly not their track record. So that only leaves the $$ thing.

05DD --

Please explain how JDL is a $$ thing ... It is the same cost for us as LHGCL. Who is collecting the extra $$ you speak of?

... and given that we've won 3 WCs and 4 Olympics golds, I'd say we're doing a decent job in developing top players.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 967
Points : 2489
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by Big Ern on 18/11/16, 09:08 am

ballin20 wrote:This is my opinion i will put them 1-5
DTS
RUSH
Sting Diaz
FCD JDL RED
Solar Pulp

Fun opinion ballin Smile

FCD Red outscored the three teams you have listed above em a combined 12-2 the last time they played them (since September) ... and Solar Pulp beat FCD Red (albeit slightly different squads since it was in June) the last time they played.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 967
Points : 2489
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by Guest on 18/11/16, 09:24 am

BigErn wrote:
ballin20 wrote:This is my opinion i will put them 1-5
DTS
RUSH
Sting Diaz
FCD JDL RED
Solar Pulp

Fun opinion ballin Smile

FCD Red outscored the three teams you have listed above em a combined 12-2 the last time they played them (since September) ... and Solar Pulp beat FCD Red (albeit slightly different squads since it was in June) the last time they played.

Opinions are opinions no doubt...
but listing Solar and FCD Red at the bottom is VERY transparent lol

May as well throw Solar Arnold in there above FCD Red while youre at it...
DTS tied them 1-1.....

but...as a Forum Veteran...nonsense always gets a little activity going on here.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by 05DD on 18/11/16, 10:40 am

BigErn wrote:^ Brilliant WhySeauxSerious and completely agreed Downtoplaysoccer

05DD wrote:
Zizou wrote:
Cam203030 wrote:So on point Zizou It's a money thing

That's what will be said by all the individuals that are against the big clubs. All clubs make money that why you see a new club popping up every week. US soccer wants control of the clubs, the money, and last but not least the single voice on how the top players should be developed. Not toms nor dick nor Harry's voice that thinks he knows the game.
How does this in any way connect to JDL?
What am I missing here. JDL is an ECNL club thing. US Soccer totally different organization. And what makes US Soccer the authority on how to develop top players? Certainly not their track record. So that only leaves the $$ thing.

05DD --

Please explain how JDL is a $$ thing ... It is the same cost for us as LHGCL.  Who is collecting the extra $$ you speak of?

... and given that we've won 3 WCs and 4 Olympics golds, I'd say we're doing a decent job in developing top players.
So you completely missed the point. The $$ thing was not in reference to JDL specifically,  although the same could be said there. Yes it is the same cost to us as LH, but with fewer games, larger rosters, same amount of practices and refs that don't show up. But the $$ comment was more towards US Soccer DA and ECNL. DA was done due to the amount of money ECNL is bringing in, and someone wants a piece of it. Nothing more.
And yes the US has the hardware, but do you watch the games or just read the scoreline and buy the jerseys? US TEAMS were being developed more by US soccer spending more money on training, identification,  etc than other countries. But the winds are shifting. Why aren't we seeing similar results on any of the U20's and below as the full WNT? If it were simply better development then why don't you see similar results on the men's side? DA for boys has been in place for several years now. Where are the fruits of that tree?
avatar
05DD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 74
Points : 2086
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL was it good or bad

Post by 05DD on 18/11/16, 10:44 am

Zizou wrote:
05DD wrote:
Zizou wrote:
Cam203030 wrote:So on point Zizou It's a money thing

That's what will be said by all the individuals that are against the big clubs. All clubs make money that why you see a new club popping up every week. US soccer wants control of the clubs, the money, and last but not least the single voice on how the top players should be developed. Not toms nor dick nor Harry's voice that thinks he knows the game.
How does this in any way connect to JDL?
What am I missing here. JDL is an ECNL club thing. US Soccer totally different organization. And what makes US Soccer the authority on how to develop top players? Certainly not their track record. So that only leaves the $$ thing.[/

JDL clubs that you speak of have all been excepted into to the girls development academy. DA is you top division, ECNL will be you second division, lake highlands will become third division and so in down the line. So I suppose you prefer the Tom , dick , and Harry approach?
For now, yes they are the same clubs. ECNL and DA. But let's just wait and see if that's how it truly plays out. But you are trying to make a connection between ECNL and US Soccer training that just isn't there yet if ever.
avatar
05DD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 74
Points : 2086
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum