North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

NTX Soccer...Whats Up? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

NTX Soccer...Whats Up?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NTX Soccer...Whats Up? - Page 2 Empty Re: NTX Soccer...Whats Up?

Post by TatonkaBurger 09/12/16, 02:48 pm

Zizou wrote:Sho nuff might be on to something here.

It is a great point.  But it still doesn't explain why there are no NTX DDs on the team.

I watched the WVU vs UNC womens semifinal a couple of weeks back and almost turned it off several times.  It was ugly soccer with very little possession and incredibly poor passing.  There are several 04 teams that I watch regularly who play a much better style than those 2 NCAA college teams did.  

Maybe the problem is with the entire program, from top to bottom.  Now I understand why we ad to go age pure and why DA is coming to rescue us all.

TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 09/12/16, 03:01 pm

The USWNT direct style of play makes total sense. Very easy style to coach and most athletic players can be interchangeable within the system.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeStretch 09/12/16, 06:25 pm

Nothing wrong with direct play. Best clubs in the world have moved on from tiki taka posession just for the sake of knocking it around. USSF  is trying to copy japan when the world is already moving on from that style, and we dont have the player demographic forcing us to play that style anyway.

USSF is suffering from an identity crisis. They are NOT picking the biggest or most athletic players anymore...that is cliche myth still parroted by people who arent paying close attention. They are trying to pick technical players, but they seem to prioritize individual skill over vision and soccer iq.  NTX has plenty players who can help the national level if a more capable regime replaces the ellis/heinrichs/snow/carr/french coaching tree. Mexico youth national teams outplay USYNT with players passed over by USSF.

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 09/12/16, 08:17 pm

My DD has played against in showcases and national title tournaments. Those girls we recognize are pretty athletic and gifted players.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/12/16, 08:53 pm

I hear the two NTX players cited in this thread are among the fastest in their respective agegroups.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/12/16, 08:56 pm

HomeStretch wrote:Mexico youth national teams outplay USYNT with players passed over by USSF.

This is worth bumping.

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeStretch 09/12/16, 09:18 pm

Zizou wrote:My DD has played against in showcases and national title tournaments. Those girls we recognize are pretty athletic and gifted players.

Undeniably gifted. Not all of them are athletic. Growing # nations now have YNT more athletic than we're currently putting on the field. In our quest to become more technical, we've almost become anti-athlete. North Korea made our u20s look painfully slow. Our midfield gets bossed at just about every level from WNT on down. Technically skilled and athletically dominant dont have to be mutually exclusive....most US development tracks assume one negates the other, thus athletically dominant us midfielders are unicorns. When is last time you watched a us youth  game and the most dominant athlete on the field spent any time at ctr mid?   There are players in our nation, even some in ntx, that should shine once ussf coaches decide it makes more sense to deploy a style capitalizing on our strengths, and our culture,  than it does trying to copy the likes of japan.

What we're doing now clearly isn't the right direction.

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 09/12/16, 11:33 pm

So what we're saying is that we are not developing talented nor athletic players anymore and to make it worse there is a huge conspiracy keeping NTX girls from the national team?

Last edited by ElClassico on 10/12/16, 08:58 am; edited 1 time in total
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/12/16, 07:38 am

HomeStretch wrote: Technically skilled and athletically dominant dont have to be mutually exclusive....most US development tracks assume one negates the other, thus athletically dominant us midfielders are unicorns. When is last time you watched a us youth  game and the most dominant athlete on the field spent any time at ctr mid?

You are my leader.

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 08/01/17, 09:27 pm

I found this recent post on Big Soccer Forum and as it applies to N TX I thought i would see what you all thought if this poster who says he is a NTX HS soccer coach is telling it as it is.

england66
england66
Member+
staffstaff said: ↑
I have not seen so called 'fitness training' with no soccer balls in sight anywhere in my area (not most, but none), however it is possible that some of the fraudulent British coaches that played some sort of semi-pro football holding a Scottish County football physical education coaching certificate might be running their sessions like that since they don't know any better…. wouldn’t surprise me.

It is rampant in North Texas ECNL clubs, regardless of the nationality of the coaches....whether they be Iranian, Serbian, American, Argentinian, Brazilian or British....It is to the point that many parents consider this 'normal' as 'normal' as the constant ear bashing, negative, verbal, and emotional abuse they heap on the girls/young women under their care.....The parents consider this behavior 'normal' as it is all they have ever been exposed to.

I coach at a local High School and have mentioned this tid bit before....A few years ago my A.D. called me into his office and said "I've had my first parental complaint about you"......"You are not yelling and screaming at the girls during the games so therefore you are not 'coaching' them"....we both laughed our asses off.....The same dad called me directly a few hours later and told me "You need to run the girls more, they have to do laps"......I mentioned our record to that point...played 9....won 8...drawn 1....lost 0.....and told him " If your daughter wants to run laps then go for it....on her own time....I am not wasting valuable practice time doing stuff that has no relevance to what goes on in a game"....and that was the end of that....

North Texas ECNL is a joke....the reason not a single women from this area has represented the United States in either a world cup or Olympics in over 18 years....

Dec 8, 2016
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 08/01/17, 09:56 pm

TulsaFootballDad wrote:I found this recent post on Big Soccer Forum and as it applies to N TX I thought i would see what you all thought if this poster who says he is a NTX HS soccer coach is telling it as it is.

england66
england66
Member+
staffstaff said: ↑
I have not seen so called 'fitness training' with no soccer balls in sight anywhere in my area (not most, but none), however it is possible that some of the fraudulent British coaches that played some sort of semi-pro football holding a Scottish County football physical education coaching certificate might be running their sessions like that since they don't know any better…. wouldn’t surprise me.

It is rampant in North Texas ECNL clubs, regardless of the nationality of the coaches....whether they be Iranian, Serbian, American, Argentinian, Brazilian or British....It is to the point that many parents consider this 'normal' as 'normal' as the constant ear bashing, negative, verbal, and emotional abuse they heap on the girls/young women under their care.....The parents consider this behavior 'normal' as it is all they have ever been exposed to.

I coach at a local High School and have mentioned this tid bit before....A few years ago my A.D. called me into his office and said "I've had my first parental complaint about you"......"You are not yelling and screaming at the girls during the games so therefore you are not 'coaching' them"....we both laughed our asses off.....The same dad called me directly a few hours later and told me "You need to run the girls more, they have to do laps"......I mentioned our record to that point...played 9....won 8...drawn 1....lost 0.....and told him " If your daughter wants to run laps then go for it....on her own time....I am not wasting valuable practice time doing stuff that has no relevance to what goes on in a game"....and that was the end of that....

North Texas ECNL is a joke....the reason not a single women from this area has represented the United States in either a world cup or Olympics in over 18 years....

Dec 8, 2016

Or not ...

http://youthsoccerrankings.us/

Last updated: Sun 8 Jan 2017 6:00 PM MST

Rank Team Score
1 STING SC DALLAS ECNL (TXN) 37.75
2 SOLAR SC CHELSEA ECNL (TXN) 37.43
3 SAN DIEGO SURF SC ECNL (CAS) 37.34
4 CHARLOTTE SA ECNL (NC) 37.30
5 ECLIPSE SELECT SC ECNL (IL) 37.25
6 FC DALLAS ECNL (TXN) 36.90
7 DALLAS TEXANS ECNL (TXN) 36.82
8 MICHIGAN HAWKS ECNL (MI) 36.70
9 ARSENAL FC ECNL (CAS) 36.66
10 PLAYERS DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY ECNL (NJ) 36.62

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by newbiefornow 09/01/17, 10:28 am

Take a look at the results from the ECNL show case in Florida. NTX did pretty well against the rest of the country.

I can only speak from personal experience but it's with a couple of clubs. The coaches have been very professional and invested in the development of the kids to the best of their ability. I would not be a fan of anyone belittling and berating kids as a regular tactic. With a couple of exceptions I haven't seen it. There are different styles but shouters tend not to be in the top clubs.  It also depends on the person and the relationship with the team. Some quiet ones generate more anxiety than the loud ones.

SAQ and other conditioning is necessary (my non-professional opinion) at the highest levels but generally happens outside of the focused Soccer practice times. Futsal is also useful for ball handling in tight space with a faster game speed. When GDA moves to four practices a week it will be hard to fit all of that in but perhaps there will be an adjustment of content to allow for it. Meantime many Soccer athletes I know have a second sport they're in to or play in High School.

Anybody working in the High School environment especially for women's sports has my respect and admiration. Sounds like you're committed and have a clear vision. Thank you.

newbiefornow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2