2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Thanksgiving Mini-Camp - EPT & Full Circle Futbol
by fcdallas06west Today at 12:47 am

» Liverpool Red White & Blue Cup
by Liverpool Tournaments Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Liverpool Red White & Blue Cup
by Liverpool Tournaments Yesterday at 11:35 pm

» No More BW!
by RightWingDad Yesterday at 10:50 pm

» Parent brawl
by Zizou Yesterday at 07:04 pm

» New To Area
by McKinneyLocal Yesterday at 03:15 pm

» D'Feeters 08 JDL (Colón)
by pingo99 Yesterday at 11:44 am

» ISO Dallas Texans L/S Black Game Jerseys ****NEED ASAP****
by justsayin02 Yesterday at 11:06 am

» DA Composite
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 06:48 am

» Showcase tips requested
by Wildone 17/11/17, 08:38 pm

» FBR09 Rankings November 6th, 2017
by ProphAC 17/11/17, 07:50 pm

» NEW Texas Spirit 09 - Clark @ Pit Plano!
by acst 17/11/17, 04:07 pm

» Will ECNL survive?
by greaterisHe 17/11/17, 04:04 pm

» 04 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:22 pm

» 09 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:21 pm

» 05 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:15 pm

» What will be medicine mans next move??
by KeeperCommander 17/11/17, 01:24 pm

» 03 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:45 am

» 05 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:44 am

» TOURNAMENT: UPPER 90 CHALLENGE - December 1-3, 2017
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:42 am

» 04 Girls Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 17/11/17, 09:35 am

» DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking
by KeeperCommander 17/11/17, 08:22 am

» Dallas International Girls Cup 2018
by Jugglemaster 17/11/17, 12:45 am

» U10 Girls / 2008 Girls Team Needed for Saturday and Sunday
by CDA SOCCER 16/11/17, 09:59 pm

» Juggling
by Jugglemaster 16/11/17, 05:55 pm

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11433 registered users
The newest registered user is Liverpool Tournaments

Our users have posted a total of 165415 messages in 20812 subjects

A good game to see

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A good game to see

Post by Gunners on 01/03/17, 01:36 pm

Historically speaking, that player (and team for that matter) is a singular local outlier.

That kind of exception happens almost exclusively in places without local big clubs (ECNL etc).

Gunners
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1275
Join date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: A good game to see

Post by Guest on 01/03/17, 02:05 pm

Gunners wrote:Historically speaking, that player (and team for that matter) is a singular local outlier.

That kind of exception happens almost exclusively in places without local big clubs (ECNL etc).

My key point being that even though the player came from an "outlier" club/team, that player still got significant national exposure against top national competition because of the team that she played for.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A good game to see

Post by Guest on 01/03/17, 02:14 pm

BW where does the NTC play in that scenario vs. the results of playing on a team that is nationally renowned?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A good game to see

Post by Guest on 01/03/17, 02:33 pm

I have no clue (which shouldn't be a surprise many on this forum)...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A good game to see

Post by PowerKick on 01/03/17, 02:39 pm

bwgophers wrote:
My key point being that even though the player came from an "outlier" club/team, that player still got significant national exposure against top national competition because of the team that she played for.  

"To play against top competition to improve and develop" is overrated too much.

We see this kind of outliers all the time from any age group, on the other hand there are many top players in top teams competing on top level got eliminated every year.

Kicks 01 and Sam are good examples of these outliers we all know. On the international level, North Korea is another example who comes from nowhere and suddenly claimed world champs 2 years in a row.


PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 131
Points : 1220
Join date : 2014-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: A good game to see

Post by Guest on 01/03/17, 03:00 pm

PowerKick wrote:
"To play against top competition to improve and develop" is overrated too much.

Ummm...  nevermind. scratch

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A good game to see

Post by KeeperCommander on 01/03/17, 03:11 pm

bwgophers wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
"To play against top competition to improve and develop" is overrated too much.

Ummm...  nevermind.  scratch
It doesn't happen often. Actually never, but I don't even know what to say to that.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1314
Points : 2846
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: A good game to see

Post by KeeperCommander on 01/03/17, 03:16 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Gunners wrote:Historically speaking, that player (and team for that matter) is a singular local outlier.

That kind of exception happens almost exclusively in places without local big clubs (ECNL etc).

My key point being that even though the player came from an "outlier" club/team, that player still got significant national exposure against top national competition because of the team that she played for.  
I am more with BW on this. Kicks may be an outlier club because it isn't a big club but a player that gets national exposure by rule can not be. That would be a player that made it from an unknown team without the spotlight.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1314
Points : 2846
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: A good game to see

Post by ForReal on 01/03/17, 03:29 pm

Funny that this whole thread started about a LH U13 game.

ForReal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 420
Points : 2446
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: A good game to see

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 02/03/17, 10:10 am

Play.
Get Scholarship.
Get Credentials.
Enjoy watching and critiquing National Team.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 98
Points : 1241
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: A good game to see

Post by ricnbontx on 02/03/17, 02:41 pm

For players that play in DA beginning next year, am I right that they cannot play for their high school teams? If so, that seems like it creates a really hard decision for some players. Perhaps I am wrong. Just now learning the girls soccer landscape so forgive me. Will the pool of DA players water down the talent on high school teams as well? Seems like it would big time.
avatar
ricnbontx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 33
Points : 1366
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: A good game to see

Post by Guest on 03/03/17, 06:39 am

ricnbontx wrote:For players that play in DA beginning next year, am I right that they cannot play for their high school teams? If so, that seems like it creates a really hard decision for some players.  Perhaps I am wrong.  Just now learning the girls soccer landscape so forgive me.  Will the pool of DA players water down the talent on high school teams as well?  Seems like it would big time.

This is the information we were given by our club last week (Note: we were also told none of this is set in stone yet, and could change before August).

Players will not be allowed to participate in DA and HS simultaneously.  If a DA player wants to play HS, they will need to drop out of DA training/competition to play HS.  So technically a player could go back and forth and do both, but practically speaking, it won't happen.  The clubs will strongly discourage it as they do not want to deal with the roster issues it would create (i.e. give up your DA roster spot to play HS, no guarantee that you will get it back once HS is over...)

Also, current DA plan is to allow each club a maximum total combined pool of 43 DA players across the U16-U19 age groups (HS years).  So, 4 NTX DA clubs x 43 HS age players per club = 172 total HS age players max from DFW.  HS will definitely lose some of it's "game changers", but, by my rough count, there's somewhere around 150-200 4A-6A + TAPPS HS's in DFW, with an average varsity roster of ~20 players = 3000-4000 total Varsity HS girls' soccer players, so the overall quality of HS school soccer won't change too much.  Although it will be interesting to see what it does to the perennially strong HS programs like SLC, Ursuline, Highland Park, Plano ISD, Lewisville ISD, Allen, McKinney ISD, Frisco ISD, etc... where they may likely lose multiple players to DA.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A good game to see

Post by Cam203030 on 03/03/17, 08:55 am

And again all the teams will look different again this year SHM with players trying out for the DA players who didn't make the DA will be trying out for ECNL the players who didn't make the ECNL will most likely be playing at LH with all the good players playing in the DA or ECNL how good will LH games are going to be also how competitive would it be now
avatar
Cam203030
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 79
Points : 551
Join date : 2016-08-08

Back to top Go down

Re: A good game to see

Post by RightWingDad on 03/03/17, 12:20 pm

Cam203030 wrote:And again all the teams will look different again this year SHM with players trying out for the DA players who didn't make the DA will be trying out for ECNL the players who didn't make the ECNL will most likely be playing at LH with all the good players playing in the DA or ECNL how good will LH games are going to be also how competitive would it be now

In a general since you are probably right. LH and PPL will suffer somewhat. However my bet is that it will open up opportunities on LH and PPL teams for kids to get more play time. From that you will definitely find a hand full of players that will take advantage of that. With a lot of hard work and the right coach they can make a D1 college team w/o ECNL or DA. It won't be gobs of players, but most certainly there is opportunities for more girls to succeed.

I know a coach from a small indy club who placed a freshman starter last years team at the University of Texas.

More opportunity = more options for those who grab hold of it. Good luck to them all, DA, ECNL and all the rest.
avatar
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 597
Points : 2650
Join date : 2012-06-15
Location : Dangerously close to the touch line

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum