2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» What a year
by Cam203030 Today at 04:39 pm

» TOURNAMENT: U90C SPRING KICKOFF - February 1-4, 2018
by U90C Today at 04:34 pm

» TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC - REGISTRATION DEADLINE APPROACHING
by musaisaya Today at 03:05 pm

» Quiet Forum
by Zizou Today at 01:49 pm

» FBR09 Rankings December 4th, 2017
by timmyh Yesterday at 04:12 pm

» Sting Dallas 2011 Weigelt
by sting08 Yesterday at 12:03 pm

» 09 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 11:43 am

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 09:13 am

» GIRLS DA and the HS CHOICE to Play
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 08:50 am

» Triumph 08g North FW, Keller, Roanoke
by Hmeleven Yesterday at 08:37 am

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 13/12/17, 04:26 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 13/12/17, 04:25 pm

» STING DALLAS 2011G/2012G “Officially starting to build out o
by psaldivar 13/12/17, 03:18 pm

» FootyID Camp | Winter 2017
by Footy Factory 13/12/17, 03:01 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 13/12/17, 03:00 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 13/12/17, 02:59 pm

» Longhorns 3v3 girls 00s
by Multivitamin 13/12/17, 02:31 pm

» TOURNAMENT: GULF COAST OPEN - Gulf Shores Area - Jan 13-14
by U90C 13/12/17, 09:39 am

» 08 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 13/12/17, 09:38 am

» 05 Girls Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 13/12/17, 09:37 am

» Shooters 2010 Looking to Add players
by Ericsal 13/12/17, 06:49 am

» Texas Spurs 10' Blanton
by tareyncarol 13/12/17, 01:36 am

» Texas Spurs 09 Blanton
by tareyncarol 13/12/17, 01:35 am

» Texas Spurs 08 Blanton
by tareyncarol 13/12/17, 01:34 am

» Solar 09G Covey-2 teams
by skipper 12/12/17, 10:50 pm

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11462 registered users
The newest registered user is FCTB

Our users have posted a total of 166102 messages in 20918 subjects

LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by Cleansheets on 21/03/17, 10:01 am

I feel Solar Grado has an excellent chance at not only making D1 but I"m going out on a limb and say middle pack possibly just outside the top three teams. If DA plays out like it is supposed to then the top three will have some major holes to fill.
Who are we kidding, Elite I'm sorry but your run is soon to come to an end. The last holdouts of the original group of that team are gone to greener pastures after this season.
The two Texan teams, well we all know that without their ECNL players they are mediocre at best. Now I'm not ruling out an exception here or there but not enough to make a difference.
There will be a huge draw from the top teams to the lower teams to try and reconsolidate their numbers this Spring.
I predict a huge upsurge in player movement.

Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1068
Join date : 2012-12-20

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by Cleansheets on 21/03/17, 10:12 am

Nature abhors a vacuum.

__________________________________________________
Life is like playing goalkeeper, blink and the most important thing is past you.
avatar
Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1068
Points : 2945
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : ...is everything

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 21/03/17, 10:16 am

Cleansheets wrote:I feel Solar Grado has an excellent chance at not only making D1 but I"m going out on a limb and say middle pack possibly just outside the top three teams. If DA plays out like it is supposed to then the top three will have some major holes to fill.
Who are we kidding, Elite I'm sorry but your run is soon to come to an end. The last holdouts of the original group of that team are gone to greener pastures after this season.
The two Texan teams, well we all know that without their ECNL players they are mediocre at best. Now I'm not ruling out an exception here or there but not enough to make a difference.
There will be a huge draw from the top teams to the lower teams to try and reconsolidate their numbers this Spring.
I predict a huge upsurge in player movement.

Ahh, the ole catch me if you can, sink or swim, throw the bait and wait comment..
avatar
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 843
Points : 3006
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by Soccahplayah on 21/03/17, 11:00 am

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
Soccahplayah wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:Lets say If the top 8 D1 teams return intact, I predict Solar Grado finishing around 7th or 8th. Unless I'm missed something.  From their history, I haven't seen they play top quality competition (any D1 teams).. Their true test will be Dallas International Girls Cup.. No disrespect to the team in anyway..

It is my opinion that they don't belong in D2.  16-0 allowing only 3 goals this whole year.  

They may belong in D1 for sure but that's D2/D3 completion they have been playing all season long. It makes a difference when you jump up a level of play.


Understood, but it is not like the overall talent in D1 is so far above D2(D3) that there is some sort of huge gap. Honestly, the bottom five in D1 are in WAY over their heads. Grado doesn't pull from any other teams to win games. I have noticed that they have bounced back and forth between D1 and D2 since qualifying for D1 originally. My bet is that next year they will be a top performer in D1 and remain there. ECNL?
avatar
Soccahplayah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Points : 329
Join date : 2017-02-06

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 21/03/17, 11:38 am

I disagree, bottom two but not five.. Sting Khan sitting at #8 is better than you think and I believe Grado will have a tough time beating them if that. Same goes with DT Red, Solar Llamas & LP Owen. Again, I'm referring if Grado was to play them this year in D1. I still see Grado sitting no higher than 6th or 7th.. Bottom half of D1.
avatar
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 843
Points : 3006
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by ElClassico on 21/03/17, 12:13 pm

OK, a bit of reality here.

1. Grado is not ECNL quality. They're an 03 team who stayed back rather than moving to 02 like most of the other teams. They're a good team but let's not get crazy. I agree with 6th or 7th. Also let's keep in mind the possibility of an entire ECNL team joining Solar group from Feet.

2. The bottom 1/2 of D1 isn't in over their head, they're just facing 3 teams that are better than the rest, play with ECNL players and probably need to be playing elsewhere. That's 6 games that the bottom teams have played out of 14, games that can become lopsided very quickly and kill any confidence that the girls may have. I've seen #4 play the bottom teams and they're better but they're not crushing them to the point that there's a huge gap.

3. Is the top half of D2 equivalent to the bottom of D1. Probably to a point. How much separation has there ever been between to bottom half of any division and the top of another? Is the bottom of the English Premier League that much better than the top of the second division? Given that does in make the parents of those teams happy? Are you that much closer to a scholarship?

Given ECNL, DA, etc...LH will be the rest of the girls. None of it will really matter. The real question is why we all sit around paying $4000 arguing of who the best team is in the 4th or 5th level division.
avatar
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 359
Points : 1690
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by Lefty on 21/03/17, 01:19 pm

Soccahplayah wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
Soccahplayah wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:Lets say If the top 8 D1 teams return intact, I predict Solar Grado finishing around 7th or 8th. Unless I'm missed something.  From their history, I haven't seen they play top quality competition (any D1 teams).. Their true test will be Dallas International Girls Cup.. No disrespect to the team in anyway..

It is my opinion that they don't belong in D2.  16-0 allowing only 3 goals this whole year.  

They may belong in D1 for sure but that's D2/D3 completion they have been playing all season long. It makes a difference when you jump up a level of play.


Understood, but it is not like the overall talent in D1 is so far above D2(D3) that there is some sort of huge gap.  Honestly, the bottom five in D1 are in WAY over their heads.  Grado doesn't pull from any other teams to win games.  I have noticed that they have bounced back and forth between D1 and D2 since qualifying for D1 originally.  My bet is that next year they will be a top performer in D1 and remain there.  ECNL?  

Crazy talk. Would not win or tie an ECNL game all year.

Lefty
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 940
Points : 4096
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by Foxysoccermom on 21/03/17, 01:28 pm

Lefty wrote:
Soccahplayah wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
Soccahplayah wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:Lets say If the top 8 D1 teams return intact, I predict Solar Grado finishing around 7th or 8th. Unless I'm missed something.  From their history, I haven't seen they play top quality competition (any D1 teams).. Their true test will be Dallas International Girls Cup.. No disrespect to the team in anyway..

It is my opinion that they don't belong in D2.  16-0 allowing only 3 goals this whole year.  

They may belong in D1 for sure but that's D2/D3 completion they have been playing all season long. It makes a difference when you jump up a level of play.


Understood, but it is not like the overall talent in D1 is so far above D2(D3) that there is some sort of huge gap.  Honestly, the bottom five in D1 are in WAY over their heads.  Grado doesn't pull from any other teams to win games.  I have noticed that they have bounced back and forth between D1 and D2 since qualifying for D1 originally.  My bet is that next year they will be a top performer in D1 and remain there.  ECNL?  

Crazy talk.  Would not win or tie an ECNL game all year.


Bet they win an ecnl game in April. Very Happy

Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 323
Points : 661
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by TwistAndShout on 22/03/17, 10:01 am

ElClassico wrote:OK, a bit of reality here.

1. Grado is not ECNL quality. They're an 03 team who stayed back rather than moving to 02 like most of the other teams. They're a good team but let's not get crazy. I agree with 6th or 7th. Also let's keep in mind the possibility of an entire ECNL team joining Solar group from Feet.

2. The bottom 1/2 of D1 isn't in over their head, they're just facing 3 teams that are better than the rest, play with ECNL players and probably need to be playing elsewhere. That's 6 games that the bottom teams have played out of 14, games that can become lopsided very quickly and kill any confidence that the girls may have. I've seen #4 play the bottom teams and they're better but they're not crushing them to the point that there's a huge gap.

3. Is the top half of D2 equivalent to the bottom of D1. Probably to a point. How much separation has there ever been between to bottom half of any division and the top of another? Is the bottom of the English Premier League that much better than the top of the second division? Given that does in make the parents of those teams happy? Are you that much closer to a scholarship?

Given ECNL, DA, etc...LH will be the rest of the girls. None of it will really matter. The real question is why we all sit around paying $4000 arguing of who the best team is in the 4th or 5th level division.

This is excellent - and some more reality is this: regardless of the dilution of players for each league, a child will (or should) migrate to the right level of play that fits their development. I've heard so many say that LH will be so diluted of REAL talent. No, the talent will just move to another level, as it should. Those players that stay behind either did not pick the right team to get to that next level and are stuck playing LH D1 (I can think of a single team here) OR the kid has no interest in blending with a bunch of other elite players and wants to show off their amazing skills at a lower level OR the team in question just likes to win matches so why go where they might not be one of the best anymore? So at the end of the day, players(parents) should leverage themselves(their DDs) with the level of play they (their DDs) are ready for and the competition should adjust as such at each level. Exclamation Question

FACTORS AT PLAY HERE: First, the introduction of new leagues, second, the introduction of Age Pure, third, the introduction of DA for Girls and last but not least, parents. Parents are the leading factor in where these kids play (99% the time). Most of this stuff won't actually shake itself out for another season or two in my opinion. Money is a factor as well in many cases - money spent today for money earned tomorrow. I found this to be an interesting article - there are a ton more but this is the one I read (reality check, party of one affraid ):

http://www.scholarshipstats.com/soccer.html

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN: It means, those that think their kid is the best since sliced bread (elite status player), should migrate toward clubs that offer a DA opportunity. The next level of developing elite players may fall back into ECNL(or some other mid-level elite league) and all the rest that are truly developing will fall into LH and be divvied up divisionaly. PPL becomes the rec capital of the world and rec ceases to exist (that may be a stretch but things certainly look to point in that direction) unless people realize there are just too many damn leagues and it's time to consolidate or drive out some of the leagues and stick with those that work for everyone (that being tongue in cheek, of course). The layers of this onion we call US Soccer is immense. confused

TwistAndShout
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 58
Points : 682
Join date : 2016-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by Soccahplayah on 27/03/17, 06:54 pm

Lefty wrote:
Soccahplayah wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
Soccahplayah wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:Lets say If the top 8 D1 teams return intact, I predict Solar Grado finishing around 7th or 8th. Unless I'm missed something.  From their history, I haven't seen they play top quality competition (any D1 teams).. Their true test will be Dallas International Girls Cup.. No disrespect to the team in anyway..

It is my opinion that they don't belong in D2.  16-0 allowing only 3 goals this whole year.  

They may belong in D1 for sure but that's D2/D3 completion they have been playing all season long. It makes a difference when you jump up a level of play.


Understood, but it is not like the overall talent in D1 is so far above D2(D3) that there is some sort of huge gap.  Honestly, the bottom five in D1 are in WAY over their heads.  Grado doesn't pull from any other teams to win games.  I have noticed that they have bounced back and forth between D1 and D2 since qualifying for D1 originally.  My bet is that next year they will be a top performer in D1 and remain there.  ECNL?  

Crazy talk.  Would not win or tie an ECNL game all year.


I completely disagree.  The core of the team is very strong and play smart soccer.  The bottom half of DI is in DI because of their club's ability to offer them a bye.  Not really a great story to tell if you didn't earn the DI spot.  Disagree with me all you want, but the fact is that the bottom 4-5 teams are in over their heads.  With two games left, Grado has already clinched a DI spot.  They might start DI in 7-10th place next season, but I bet they climb the ladder to a top 3 spot.
avatar
Soccahplayah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Points : 329
Join date : 2017-02-06

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by ElClassico on 27/03/17, 07:10 pm

Question, If they're so ready to make top 3 in D1 then why have they avoided playing D1 teams in tournaments?

I'm not knocking them, I've just heard it all before.
avatar
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 359
Points : 1690
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by TwistAndShout on 28/03/17, 09:04 am

ElClassico wrote:Question, If they're so ready to make top 3 in D1 then why have they avoided playing D1 teams in tournaments?

I'm not knocking them, I've just heard it all before.

Well my sources say they'll be playing ECNL teams very soon in the DIGC. Their flight is a stout one with DFEETERS ECNL, CHALLENGE ECNL and a team from Sweden. If they make it through the tournament with even ONE win might show who they are. I might go watch just to see what all the fuss is about.

TwistAndShout
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 58
Points : 682
Join date : 2016-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by Cleansheets on 28/03/17, 09:42 am

I'll second that. Grado has become my favorite sleeper. I would love for the giant to awaken during the D.I.G.C. I am going to catch one of their games. Let's see if they are truly ready.

__________________________________________________
Life is like playing goalkeeper, blink and the most important thing is past you.
avatar
Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1068
Points : 2945
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : ...is everything

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by Foxysoccermom on 28/03/17, 10:07 am

It will be interesting to see how one of the best lh teams does against the low end of ecnl.

Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 323
Points : 661
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by purplefrog on 28/03/17, 12:47 pm

Cleansheets wrote:I'll second that. Grado has become my favorite sleeper. I would love for the giant to awaken during the D.I.G.C. I am going to catch one of their games. Let's see if they are truly ready.

I've actually see Grado play, and I've seen some ECNL games. I will be surprised if they even keep the games close during the DIGC. They are a good team, but they are going to be in for an awakening when they go from playing D2 teams to ECNL level teams. I don't think they will be able to keep up with the speed of the game. Not because they don't have the talent...but because they just haven't ever played a game at that high of a level.
avatar
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 127
Points : 1294
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by Cleansheets on 28/03/17, 12:58 pm

You are absolutely right about that. The speed you see in ECNL games is crazy. I agree, there is a huge gap in play between ECNL and lets say middle of LH D1. It's not just the speed either. The individual ball control skills are impressive as well as how these girls work together to build an attack and move the ball down the field. It will be very hard for them, definately an eye opener for most of those girls. With that being said I do hope they do well though.

__________________________________________________
Life is like playing goalkeeper, blink and the most important thing is past you.
avatar
Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1068
Points : 2945
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : ...is everything

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by ElClassico on 28/03/17, 01:01 pm

This is Sparta!
avatar
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 359
Points : 1690
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by purplefrog on 28/03/17, 01:02 pm

Cleansheets wrote:You are absolutely right about that. The speed you see in ECNL games is crazy. I agree, there is a huge gap in play between ECNL and lets say middle of LH D1. It's not just the speed either. The individual ball control skills are impressive as well as how these girls work together to build an attack and move the ball down the field. It will be very hard for them, definately an eye opener for most of those girls. With that being said I do hope they do well though.

Yes. I wasn't just referring to the actual speed of the players...but just the speed of the game in general. How fast the team moves the ball, the timing of the runs, the spacing, etc. I think it will be a struggle for them defensively.
avatar
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 127
Points : 1294
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by Cleansheets on 28/03/17, 01:16 pm

Yes, I understood what you meant. I agree with that too.

__________________________________________________
Life is like playing goalkeeper, blink and the most important thing is past you.
avatar
Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1068
Points : 2945
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : ...is everything

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by db10 on 28/03/17, 04:32 pm

Every season there's a team who's parents swear they can beat all the D1 teams even though their sole barometer is a season playing lesser competition. Now for this first time we have claims of a D2 team being as good as ECNL teams. Rolling Eyes


__________________________________________________
"Behind every kick of the ball there has to be a thought" - Dennis Bergkamp
avatar
db10
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 357
Points : 2194
Join date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by SickofStupidity on 28/03/17, 05:33 pm

Cleansheets wrote:Nature abhors a vacuum.

So do cats.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 641
Points : 1949
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by Cleansheets on 28/03/17, 05:50 pm

So does my schnauzer.

__________________________________________________
Life is like playing goalkeeper, blink and the most important thing is past you.
avatar
Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1068
Points : 2945
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : ...is everything

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by soccerjack on 28/03/17, 05:57 pm

So does my wife.
avatar
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 934
Points : 2212
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by Cleansheets on 28/03/17, 06:28 pm


__________________________________________________
Life is like playing goalkeeper, blink and the most important thing is past you.
avatar
Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1068
Points : 2945
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : ...is everything

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by ddgonz22 on 30/03/17, 10:18 am

Razz
avatar
ddgonz22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 74
Points : 1693
Join date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Re: LHGCL predictions for Spring...relegation/promotion...D1/D2

Post by Soccahplayah on 13/04/17, 12:29 pm

Hmmmmm....Grado just beat Sweden and Sweden tied Defeeters yesterday. I heard from a Grado Dad that an LPE Dad told him that he predicts that Grado won't win a single game during Dallas Cup. I like gravy on my crow pie; not sure how the LPE Dad likes his. Haters gonna Hate!
avatar
Soccahplayah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Points : 329
Join date : 2017-02-06

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum