Latest topics
» Lake Highlands - Week 4 - Games of the week
by Zizou Today at 07:54 pm

» D'Feeters 06G - [Aranha]
by DNWGS Today at 06:14 pm

» FBR09 Rankings September 18th, 2017
by ProphAC Today at 04:57 pm

» Game of the week 04
by Scoot7 Today at 01:33 pm

» Dallas Texans 09 Garcia - Ft Worth Division
by bingbing79 Today at 12:06 pm

» Dallas Texans 08 Garcia - Ft Worth Division
by bingbing79 Today at 12:05 pm

» 2011 Girl looking to join lake Dallas area
by Hattrik62 Today at 09:00 am

» D3 LH Team Looking For A Couple Of Players
by revs00 Today at 08:56 am

» Texas Spurs 10' Girls Blanton
by tareyncarol Today at 07:33 am

» Texas Spurs 09 Girls Blanton
by tareyncarol Today at 07:32 am

» Texas Spurs 08 Girls Blanton
by tareyncarol Today at 07:31 am

» Looking for players
by MFCCoach Yesterday at 08:19 am

» Looking for players
by MFCCoach Yesterday at 08:17 am

» Game of the Week:
by bird04 Yesterday at 01:03 am

» ODP and DA to merge?
by RightWingDad 22/09/17, 10:20 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 22/09/17, 08:18 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 22/09/17, 08:18 pm

» FC Dallas 08G Martin
by Adschwein 22/09/17, 05:04 pm

» LH Week 4
by jogobonito06 22/09/17, 04:16 pm

» 07' ODP
by TxFutbal 22/09/17, 03:28 pm

» Mansfield Revolution SC 02G Haub is looking for 2 players
by mcmoyer 22/09/17, 01:40 pm

» Hi-Pod Pro For Sale
by RightWingDad 22/09/17, 12:50 pm

» FC Dallas 09G West Willett
by terps37 22/09/17, 10:55 am

» Liverpool 09 girls FLYNN
by LP_Elite 22/09/17, 10:02 am

» ODP training locations?
by Sillyparentsitsjustsoccer 22/09/17, 08:49 am

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11349 registered users
The newest registered user is soccermom712

Our users have posted a total of 162934 messages in 20466 subjects

04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by dreadpirateroberts on 24/03/17, 04:53 pm

So TBhrger/Bud- tell me where in NTX better soccer is being played? D1? Arlington? Ur sheep ranch?

dreadpirateroberts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 144
Join date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by Foxysoccermom on 24/03/17, 05:13 pm

dreadpirateroberts wrote:So TBhrger/Bud- tell me where in NTX better soccer is being played?  D1?  Arlington? Ur sheep ranch?

You sound kind of like a ewe...so I would suggest fcd and jdl, that's probably the best place to get mounted.

Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 297
Points : 550
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by Zizou on 24/03/17, 07:18 pm

All these negative comments are identical to when ECNL came on line. If i cannot have or I'm not apart of it's easier to bash and criticize. It boils down to if you think what your doing is best for your DD then carry on, but to criticize those who want more through change and posssibly forward thinking.

Zizou
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1763
Points : 3248
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by Foxysoccermom on 24/03/17, 08:07 pm

Zizou wrote:All these negative comments are identical to when ECNL came on line. If i cannot have or I'm not apart of it's easier to bash and criticize. It boils down to if you think what your doing is best for your DD then carry on, but to criticize those who want more through change and posssibly forward thinking.

I wasn't really criticizing anyone...just pointing out where a ewe in heat could go to get mounted.


Last edited by Foxysoccermom on 24/03/17, 09:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 297
Points : 550
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 24/03/17, 08:28 pm

"an" ewe dammit!!

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 96
Points : 1184
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by Foxysoccermom on 24/03/17, 09:50 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:"an" ewe dammit!!

Ikr...why is it that sheep and deer only get one name to be used as both singular and plural? But a goose gets a whole different spelling for plural form i.e....geese. Then you get into a ewe, which common sense tells you, that you should go with an "an" before but you can't because it sounds grammatically incorrect, but it's correct. I mean wtf. What's the deal with sheep and deer? Why did they get screwed by the English language?

You following me big e? This is interesting stuff.

Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 297
Points : 550
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by wazup on 24/03/17, 09:58 pm

BigErn wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
dreadpirateroberts wrote:I find it fascinating that after what, 8 months, those excluded from JDL continue to use the same glib jabs (no score, doesn't count, meaningless) to knock the league where with the possible exception of one team that should be included and perhaps one not, all the top teams in DFW compete.  I mean this is sour grapes run amuck!  Come watch a match- the soccer is outstanding and the young ladies competing sure feel like it counts/ matters as do their coaches and clubs.
If you want to pick on JDL at least say something with merit like it's damn far away!

The soccer is outstanding?  Maybe between 4 or 5 of the 9 teams.

The funniest part of all of this is that uppity JDL snobs think that anybody who "bashes" the league has a DD on a team that was excluded from JDL.  But most of the people on here who bash it are actually on teams that ARE included in JDL and aren't going to let someone tell us that keeping scores and standings is not good for development.  The subbing rules and the ability to play multiple positions and to not be afraid to lose a game...   Rolling Eyes

Sorry bud but we are not all sheep like you.

Funniest part huh TBurger?

In the spirit of what you just spewed ^ ...

Most of the posters defending JDL have kids that play on the 4 teams you referenced above.  And we "aren't going to let someone tell us that" participating in a league in which we get to compete against more consistently high level competition is somehow bad for development.  We "aren't going to let someone tell us that" being able to experiment with unorthodox tactical formations to intentionally put our team in difficult situations to prepare them for future DA/ECNL matches that count isn't good for them.  We "aren't going to let someone tell us that" playing our kids in multiple positions positions on the field in order create discomfort and increase IQ is a negative.  

Please excuse the run on here, but Holy Jeez TBurger -- Given that you're at the 'Addict' level with over 1k posts, I'd figure you'd have enough soccer knowledge in the bean by now to realize this, and understand that we obviously know that many of you consistent detractors of JDL (and most all of youth soccer in NTX) have kids playing on those teams that are being bashed by our kid's teams.

I hope this doesn't come across as too harsh "Bud".

So - just to be clear - most of the posters who love JDL are on the top 4 teams, and most posters not seeing much of a difference from having a LH D1 are not.  Ummm, besides you little pee pee and the dead pirate, I dont see many lining up embracing JDL this year.

Yes, we all understand your coach was too stupid to mix it up in DI - or your team sucked so bad when the girls were out of their regular position that you were afraid your team would be relegated - which was it?  Because plenty of teams playing LH last year (and this)  were moving girls around in different positions. O M G - it happens in PPL too!!!

And you rant on the word development?  Its because THAT'S WHAT THE COACHES SOLD.  I know your English skills are limited, but that is what most of these coaches TOLD people - we will better be able to focus on long term development in practice and games without the risk of relegation.  See - it's that stinking word you hate - used by coaches - DEVELOPMENT.

So - let me make it simple - if you tell someone you are selling them a Mr. Goodbar, and it ends up not having nuts, then when they say "Hey, this is just like a Hersheys" you can't tell them to quit dwelling on the nuts.

So - let's make it clear for everyone.

JDL is here to stay
so is DA
everyone can have their own opinion as to the "value" this year
You like JDL
many don't see much difference
others have coaches who are able to move players around that are NOT JDL teams
most don't give a shit

Now stop being such a douche!

wazup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 85
Points : 270
Join date : 2017-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by Foxysoccermom on 24/03/17, 10:13 pm

wazup wrote:
BigErn wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
dreadpirateroberts wrote:I find it fascinating that after what, 8 months, those excluded from JDL continue to use the same glib jabs (no score, doesn't count, meaningless) to knock the league where with the possible exception of one team that should be included and perhaps one not, all the top teams in DFW compete.  I mean this is sour grapes run amuck!  Come watch a match- the soccer is outstanding and the young ladies competing sure feel like it counts/ matters as do their coaches and clubs.
If you want to pick on JDL at least say something with merit like it's damn far away!

The soccer is outstanding?  Maybe between 4 or 5 of the 9 teams.

The funniest part of all of this is that uppity JDL snobs think that anybody who "bashes" the league has a DD on a team that was excluded from JDL.  But most of the people on here who bash it are actually on teams that ARE included in JDL and aren't going to let someone tell us that keeping scores and standings is not good for development.  The subbing rules and the ability to play multiple positions and to not be afraid to lose a game...   Rolling Eyes

Sorry bud but we are not all sheep like you.

Funniest part huh TBurger?

In the spirit of what you just spewed ^ ...

Most of the posters defending JDL have kids that play on the 4 teams you referenced above.  And we "aren't going to let someone tell us that" participating in a league in which we get to compete against more consistently high level competition is somehow bad for development.  We "aren't going to let someone tell us that" being able to experiment with unorthodox tactical formations to intentionally put our team in difficult situations to prepare them for future DA/ECNL matches that count isn't good for them.  We "aren't going to let someone tell us that" playing our kids in multiple positions positions on the field in order create discomfort and increase IQ is a negative.  

Please excuse the run on here, but Holy Jeez TBurger -- Given that you're at the 'Addict' level with over 1k posts, I'd figure you'd have enough soccer knowledge in the bean by now to realize this, and understand that we obviously know that many of you consistent detractors of JDL (and most all of youth soccer in NTX) have kids playing on those teams that are being bashed by our kid's teams.

I hope this doesn't come across as too harsh "Bud".

So - just to be clear - most of the posters who love JDL are on the top 4 teams, and most posters not seeing much of a difference from having a LH D1 are not.  Ummm, besides you little pee pee and the dead pirate, I dont see many lining up embracing JDL this year.

Yes, we all understand your coach was too stupid to mix it up in DI - or your team sucked so bad when the girls were out of their regular position that you were afraid your team would be relegated - which was it?  Because plenty of teams playing LH last year (and this)  were moving girls around in different positions.  O M G - it happens in PPL too!!!

And you rant on the word development?  Its because THAT'S WHAT THE COACHES SOLD.  I know your English skills are limited, but that is what most of these coaches TOLD people - we will better be able to focus on long term development in practice and games without the risk of relegation.  See - it's that stinking word you hate - used by coaches - DEVELOPMENT.

So - let me make it simple - if you tell someone you are selling them a Mr. Goodbar, and it ends up not having nuts, then when they say "Hey, this is just like a Hersheys" you can't tell them to quit dwelling on the nuts.

So - let's make it clear for everyone.

JDL is here to stay
so is DA
everyone can have their own opinion as to the "value" this year
You like JDL
many don't see much difference
others have coaches who are able to move players around that are NOT JDL teams
most don't give a shit

Now stop being such a douche!


Sometimes you feel like a nut.....YOU....sometimes you don't...... jdl got nuts! Lh don't!

Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 297
Points : 550
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by Foxysoccermom on 24/03/17, 10:46 pm

This is good stuff people. I'm learning so much...keep it going. Teach me more big e.

Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 297
Points : 550
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by BigErn on 25/03/17, 01:19 am

wazup wrote:
BigErn wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
dreadpirateroberts wrote:I find it fascinating that after what, 8 months, those excluded from JDL continue to use the same glib jabs (no score, doesn't count, meaningless) to knock the league where with the possible exception of one team that should be included and perhaps one not, all the top teams in DFW compete.  I mean this is sour grapes run amuck!  Come watch a match- the soccer is outstanding and the young ladies competing sure feel like it counts/ matters as do their coaches and clubs.
If you want to pick on JDL at least say something with merit like it's damn far away!

The soccer is outstanding?  Maybe between 4 or 5 of the 9 teams.

The funniest part of all of this is that uppity JDL snobs think that anybody who "bashes" the league has a DD on a team that was excluded from JDL.  But most of the people on here who bash it are actually on teams that ARE included in JDL and aren't going to let someone tell us that keeping scores and standings is not good for development.  The subbing rules and the ability to play multiple positions and to not be afraid to lose a game...   Rolling Eyes

Sorry bud but we are not all sheep like you.

Funniest part huh TBurger?

In the spirit of what you just spewed ^ ...

Most of the posters defending JDL have kids that play on the 4 teams you referenced above.  And we "aren't going to let someone tell us that" participating in a league in which we get to compete against more consistently high level competition is somehow bad for development.  We "aren't going to let someone tell us that" being able to experiment with unorthodox tactical formations to intentionally put our team in difficult situations to prepare them for future DA/ECNL matches that count isn't good for them.  We "aren't going to let someone tell us that" playing our kids in multiple positions positions on the field in order create discomfort and increase IQ is a negative.  

Please excuse the run on here, but Holy Jeez TBurger -- Given that you're at the 'Addict' level with over 1k posts, I'd figure you'd have enough soccer knowledge in the bean by now to realize this, and understand that we obviously know that many of you consistent detractors of JDL (and most all of youth soccer in NTX) have kids playing on those teams that are being bashed by our kid's teams.

I hope this doesn't come across as too harsh "Bud".

Looks like you got a little rattled and felt like you had to change your name to reply.  Sorry about that, but no worries, I got ya --

So - just to be clear - most of the posters who love JDL are on the top 4 teams, and most posters not seeing much of a difference from having a LH D1 are not.  Ummm, besides you little pee pee and the dead pirate, I dont see many lining up embracing JDL this year.  

Absolutely ... I think it'd be very accurate to say that those that have had a positive experience at JDL are from the stronger teams -- just common sense.  I wouldn't know about the others that aren't seeing a difference, although it is peculiar that one couldn't see a difference simply by looking at the teams that are participating vs those that aren't. You're stating the obvious that many aren't embracing it ... I wouldn't either if I were you.

Yes, we all understand your coach was too stupid to mix it up in DI - or your team sucked so bad when the girls were out of their regular position that you were afraid your team would be relegated - which was it?  Because plenty of teams playing LH last year (and this)  were moving girls around in different positions.  O M G - it happens in PPL too!!!  

This is good stuff ^.  You know who my kid plays for ... to call our coach stupid makes you look like the imbecile (especially since you have no knowledge of how LHGCL handled the delivery of JDL).  Our girls wouldn't know the meaning of relegation.  And what is the PPL I keep seeing mentioned?

And you rant on the word development?  Its because THAT'S WHAT THE COACHES SOLD.  I know your English skills are limited, but that is what most of these coaches TOLD people - we will better be able to focus on long term development in practice and games without the risk of relegation.  See - it's that stinking word you hate - used by coaches - DEVELOPMENT.

You're not going to believe me, but I am sincerely sorry that you and your daughter seem to have been lied to by a coach.  I love the word development of course because I am a coach, and have made my living in the sport.  I know the ins and outs of club marketing and what coaches say.  In the case of JDL, most were given 'fluid' information and were simply made to be the messenger.  It's amusing that many of you believe that these coaches intentionally lied to bait you and your daughter to come over.  If that was the case, they wouldn't have used a start up unknown as the bait.  I can tell you that zero of the families on my daughters team or anyone I know on the top four were "sold" on anything ... Once again -- it seems like that contention comes from the have nots Sad

So - let me make it simple - if you tell someone you are selling them a Mr. Goodbar, and it ends up not having nuts, then when they say "Hey, this is just like a Hersheys" you can't tell them to quit dwelling on the nuts.

Maybe my "English skills are limited", but it seems that you made it more complex ... just can't find the relevance to your argument in this one.

So - let's make it clear for everyone.

JDL is here to stay (50-50)
so is DA (absolutely)
everyone can have their own opinion as to the "value" this year (common sense)
You like JDL (not as much as you might think ... just enjoy pointing out the truth to those that don't know)
many don't see much difference (understandable)
others have coaches who are able to move players around that are NOT JDL teams (again ... common sense)
most don't give a shit (these are the have nots I mentioned)

Now stop being such a douche!

It seems that anyone providing objective thought based on actual knowledge on this forum really irritates those of you that more often use it for unproductive (for the rest of us) venting of frustration ... that sucks.

BigErn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 362
Points : 1485
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by wazup on 25/03/17, 06:53 am

No, ultimately it's just because you are a condescending ass

wazup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 85
Points : 270
Join date : 2017-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by wazup on 25/03/17, 07:19 am

BigErn wrote:
wazup wrote:
BigErn wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
dreadpirateroberts wrote:I find it fascinating that after what, 8 months, those excluded from JDL continue to use the same glib jabs (no score, doesn't count, meaningless) to knock the league where with the possible exception of one team that should be included and perhaps one not, all the top teams in DFW compete.  I mean this is sour grapes run amuck!  Come watch a match- the soccer is outstanding and the young ladies competing sure feel like it counts/ matters as do their coaches and clubs.
If you want to pick on JDL at least say something with merit like it's damn far away!

The soccer is outstanding?  Maybe between 4 or 5 of the 9 teams.

The funniest part of all of this is that uppity JDL snobs think that anybody who "bashes" the league has a DD on a team that was excluded from JDL.  But most of the people on here who bash it are actually on teams that ARE included in JDL and aren't going to let someone tell us that keeping scores and standings is not good for development.  The subbing rules and the ability to play multiple positions and to not be afraid to lose a game...   Rolling Eyes

Sorry bud but we are not all sheep like you.

Funniest part huh TBurger?

In the spirit of what you just spewed ^ ...

Most of the posters defending JDL have kids that play on the 4 teams you referenced above.  And we "aren't going to let someone tell us that" participating in a league in which we get to compete against more consistently high level competition is somehow bad for development.  We "aren't going to let someone tell us that" being able to experiment with unorthodox tactical formations to intentionally put our team in difficult situations to prepare them for future DA/ECNL matches that count isn't good for them.  We "aren't going to let someone tell us that" playing our kids in multiple positions positions on the field in order create discomfort and increase IQ is a negative.  

Please excuse the run on here, but Holy Jeez TBurger -- Given that you're at the 'Addict' level with over 1k posts, I'd figure you'd have enough soccer knowledge in the bean by now to realize this, and understand that we obviously know that many of you consistent detractors of JDL (and most all of youth soccer in NTX) have kids playing on those teams that are being bashed by our kid's teams.

I hope this doesn't come across as too harsh "Bud".

Looks like you got a little rattled and felt like you had to change your name to reply.  Sorry about that, but no worries, I got ya --

So - just to be clear - most of the posters who love JDL are on the top 4 teams, and most posters not seeing much of a difference from having a LH D1 are not.  Ummm, besides you little pee pee and the dead pirate, I dont see many lining up embracing JDL this year.  

Absolutely ... I think it'd be very accurate to say that those that have had a positive experience at JDL are from the stronger teams -- just common sense.  I wouldn't know about the others that aren't seeing a difference, although it is peculiar that one couldn't see a difference simply by looking at the teams that are participating vs those that aren't. You're stating the obvious that many aren't embracing it ... I wouldn't either if I were you.

Yes, we all understand your coach was too stupid to mix it up in DI - or your team sucked so bad when the girls were out of their regular position that you were afraid your team would be relegated - which was it?  Because plenty of teams playing LH last year (and this)  were moving girls around in different positions.  O M G - it happens in PPL too!!!  

This is good stuff ^.  You know who my kid plays for ... to call our coach stupid makes you look like the imbecile (especially since you have no knowledge of how LHGCL handled the delivery of JDL).  Our girls wouldn't know the meaning of relegation.  And what is the PPL I keep seeing mentioned?

And you rant on the word development?  Its because THAT'S WHAT THE COACHES SOLD.  I know your English skills are limited, but that is what most of these coaches TOLD people - we will better be able to focus on long term development in practice and games without the risk of relegation.  See - it's that stinking word you hate - used by coaches - DEVELOPMENT.

You're not going to believe me, but I am sincerely sorry that you and your daughter seem to have been lied to by a coach.  I love the word development of course because I am a coach, and have made my living in the sport.  I know the ins and outs of club marketing and what coaches say.  In the case of JDL, most were given 'fluid' information and were simply made to be the messenger.  It's amusing that many of you believe that these coaches intentionally lied to bait you and your daughter to come over.  If that was the case, they wouldn't have used a start up unknown as the bait.  I can tell you that zero of the families on my daughters team or anyone I know on the top four were "sold" on anything ... Once again -- it seems like that contention comes from the have nots Sad

So - let me make it simple - if you tell someone you are selling them a Mr. Goodbar, and it ends up not having nuts, then when they say "Hey, this is just like a Hersheys" you can't tell them to quit dwelling on the nuts.

Maybe my "English skills are limited", but it seems that you made it more complex ... just can't find the relevance to your argument in this one.

So - let's make it clear for everyone.

JDL is here to stay (50-50)
so is DA (absolutely)
everyone can have their own opinion as to the "value" this year (common sense)
You like JDL (not as much as you might think ... just enjoy pointing out the truth to those that don't know)
many don't see much difference (understandable)
others have coaches who are able to move players around that are NOT JDL teams (again ... common sense)
most don't give a shit (these are the have nots I mentioned)

Now stop being such a douche!

It seems that anyone providing objective thought based on actual knowledge on this forum really irritates those of you that more often use it for unproductive (for the rest of us) venting of frustration ... that sucks.

So then why are you always on here talking about the fact that JDL created the ability for coaches to move players around.  If your team (and the top 4) is so good you didn't need to remove relegation from the mix to move players around - why are you constantly using it as one of the driving forces behind JDL?  Other coaches within and outside JDL move players around all the time.

And yes - the opportunity to focus on "development without relegation" argument that I know you hate was sold BY COACHES AT YOUR CLUB as one of the positive benefits of JDL.

So we can agree to disagree - you can mock the "development" comments not made by your coach, but made by those representing your club, and plenty of coaches with the risk of relegation move players.  

But the primary reason of JDL as an engine of larger clubs was the consolidation of talent at an earlier age, and as a result, more $$$ delivered to support these clubs.  Now I know you hate talking money, and I know you are pretty dense on this so let me help you.  No one here ever said an individual team would make more money due to JDL - that straw man you raised was simply stupid, and honestly beneath you.  In the past, the big clubs sold "the future of ECNL if you play with our club" to the U-littles.  Problem was, that was simply too far away for the littlest ones to have as much drawing power.  So by creating JDL based on CLUBS and not team QUALITY, the ECNL clubs could sell that to the U-littles as something that would impact them much sooner than ECNL, and guaranteed to their club.  The more they could sell their JDL "elite league" to unsuspecting parents, the more kids they draw at earlier ages.  The more you draw, the more $$ that comes thru the door - and if you don't think that more players coming to the club increases its revenue, then you are dumber than I thought.

JDL is gonna be around ... Permanently.

wazup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 85
Points : 270
Join date : 2017-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by CrazySoccerParent on 25/03/17, 07:56 pm

Has happy hour ended at the bar. When does it start on the forum. Laughing
avatar
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 132
Points : 538
Join date : 2016-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by Foxysoccermom on 25/03/17, 11:21 pm

Give it a few. Big boy has a hood buzz going now, but big e is probably not back from the cedar springs bar just yet.

Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 297
Points : 550
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by Poacher on 26/03/17, 11:50 am

Wow that seems to be in poor taste even for you, Toxicmom/dad. Easy, you might just alienate the entire forum.
avatar
Poacher
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 19
Points : 253
Join date : 2017-02-03
Location : Flower Mound

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by Foxysoccermom on 26/03/17, 03:08 pm

Excellent.

Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 297
Points : 550
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by TatonkaBurger on 28/03/17, 04:29 pm

Come on Big Ern, nothing you say is going to scare anyone away from this forum or make them change their username.  You have mentioned maybe once or twice that you are a coach so you are obviously the expert.  But in the end it is all just your opinion.  I have my opinions about NTX soccer and JDL and express them on this forum.  

I loved the idea of JDL when it started.  The best way for the best players in NTX to continue to improve and develop is to play each other week in and week out.  Making standings and winning less important to open the way for an emphasis on development is all great in theory.  But, in NTX where it is all about winning and always has been, and because of the politics within the clubs, the big 4/5 could not deliver on what they attempted to create.  The power play to get all of the best players to move to those clubs did not work.  Only your beloved FC Dallas can boast of assembling 2 really good teams.  The others cannot. Texans chose a much weaker second team and D'Feeters did not even have a second team.  So the big clubs failed to create an elite league even before it got started.  

And that made the emphasis on no standings, no scores reported and the alleged freedom to move around players formationally and tactically that much more ridiculous.  Tell me, did LW experiment with where his girls played and what formation he used when you played and lost to DT South 2-0 over the weekend or does that only occur when you play one of the weaker teams and can win 7-0?  My guess is the latter.  

I have spent 43 years of my life playing, watching, coaching (rec), and now cheering at soccer games.  I am no expert but in my humble opinion, the league did not deliver on what it was supposed to be.  I say that not because my DD is not part of the league, not because she is on the best team in JDL, not because she is on the worst team in JDL, not because she scores 80% of the goals on her team, and not because she only sees 10 minutes a half.  I say that because that is what I see.  I hope the 05s and 06s can fix it next year because it has failed their age groups too.  In a few years, maybe the league will actually look like what was intended.  We can only hope.

I am a part of the NTX soccer community and this forum is for us to express opinions.  To say that JDL is the greatest league around is not true.  Is there a better league around?  Of course not but that does not cover up its shortcomings nor should they be ignored.  And to claim that the only people who complain about it or criticize it do it because they are not in it or are on a JDL bad team is not true.  It was a great idea but it didnt' deliver.  

So that is my beef.  It is not jealousy.  It is not because I like one club over the others.  It is also not a pity party.  My DD will be fine no matter what happens with JDL.  The good news for the 04s is that we only have one year of it.
avatar
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1099
Points : 2871
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by Foxysoccermom on 28/03/17, 05:55 pm

Big e is like niedermeyer from animal house, Newman from Seinfeld, Ned Flanders from the simpsons....

Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 297
Points : 550
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by wazup on 28/03/17, 06:04 pm

enema from Fleet

wazup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 85
Points : 270
Join date : 2017-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by FCsoccer1 on 29/03/17, 02:15 pm

Happy Bday Big Ern
avatar
FCsoccer1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 286
Points : 2549
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by BigErn on 29/03/17, 03:16 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:Come on Big Ern, nothing you say is going to scare anyone away from this forum or make them change their username.  You have mentioned maybe once or twice that you are a coach so you are obviously the expert.  But in the end it is all just your opinion.  I have my opinions about NTX soccer and JDL and express them on this forum.  

Gosh I hope I haven't scared anyone.  Go back and have a look -- I do a decent job of providing very little opinion ... mostly concrete and objective for informational purpose.

I loved the idea of JDL when it started.  The best way for the best players in NTX to continue to improve and develop is to play each other week in and week out.  Making standings and winning less important to open the way for an emphasis on development is all great in theory.  But, in NTX where it is all about winning and always has been, and because of the politics within the clubs, the big 4/5 could not deliver on what they attempted to create.  The power play to get all of the best players to move to those clubs did not work.  Only your beloved FC Dallas can boast of assembling 2 really good teams.  The others cannot. Texans chose a much weaker second team and D'Feeters did not even have a second team.  So the big clubs failed to create an elite league even before it got started.  

For the most part I couldn't agree more ... first year of JDL has been marginal at best.  I imagine that this is the case for most start up leagues in their first year.  As I mentioned many times before, some of the clubs and coaches did not and have not bought in.  If it does survive, I'd bet LHGCL will improve the league in the long run.  While I do like FCD and love our coach, I'm a fan of other clubs and many coaches outside of FCD ... have kids at Solar as well.

And that made the emphasis on no standings, no scores reported and the alleged freedom to move around players formationally and tactically that much more ridiculous.  Tell me, did LW experiment with where his girls played and what formation he used when you played and lost to DT South 2-0 over the weekend or does that only occur when you play one of the weaker teams and can win 7-0?  My guess is the latter.  

As I've mentioned, the JDL's allure is more than just the movement of players -- it's playing higher level competition more consistently ... this is not an opinion.  And yes ... LW absolutely had players moving around in different positions last weekend -- even brought in a few Blue players which got a lot of time.  DTS is a fine team but we allowed some chances that we normally do not due to this movement.

I have spent 43 years of my life playing, watching, coaching (rec), and now cheering at soccer games.  I am no expert but in my humble opinion, the league did not deliver on what it was supposed to be.  I say that not because my DD is not part of the league, not because she is on the best team in JDL, not because she is on the worst team in JDL, not because she scores 80% of the goals on her team, and not because she only sees 10 minutes a half.  I say that because that is what I see.  I hope the 05s and 06s can fix it next year because it has failed their age groups too.  In a few years, maybe the league will actually look like what was intended.  We can only hope.

Yessir!  Really need Texans to embrace the league a bit more.

I am a part of the NTX soccer community and this forum is for us to express opinions.  To say that JDL is the greatest league around is not true.  Is there a better league around?  Of course not but that does not cover up its shortcomings nor should they be ignored.  And to claim that the only people who complain about it or criticize it do it because they are not in it or are on a JDL bad team is not true.  It was a great idea but it didnt' deliver.  

Again ... couldn't agree more.

So that is my beef.  It is not jealousy.  It is not because I like one club over the others.  It is also not a pity party.  My DD will be fine no matter what happens with JDL.  The good news for the 04s is that we only have one year of it.

I'm hoping that the beef wasn't with me as I've consistently agreed with most all of what you've had to say Sir --

BigErn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 362
Points : 1485
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by Mijo on 29/03/17, 03:34 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:I am no expert but in my humble opinion, the league did not deliver on what it was supposed to be.

The league delivered.  It's the parents and coaches who did not deliver. I don't believe its the league director who is on here posting scores.  Once scores started being requested on the forum, the coaches had no choice but to go back to the ol play to win system.  That's to debate if it even changed at all during those first few games, which then goes back to the coaches playing for wins and not development.
avatar
Mijo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 31
Points : 218
Join date : 2017-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by SickofSilliness on 29/03/17, 03:43 pm

Mijo wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:I am no expert but in my humble opinion, the league did not deliver on what it was supposed to be.

The league delivered.  It's the parents and coaches who did not deliver. I don't believe its the league director who is on here posting scores.  Once scores started being requested on the forum, the coaches had no choice but to go back to the ol play to win system.  That's to debate if it even changed at all during those first few games, which then goes back to the coaches playing for wins and not development.

One of the stupidest posts I have seen on this board.  Ever.

To think that JDL coaches' decisions were driven by someone posting scores to this board . . .  lol!

SickofSilliness
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 524
Points : 1746
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by Mijo on 29/03/17, 03:45 pm

I guess you stopped reading after that... finish reading...

That's to debate if it even changed at all during those first few games, which then goes back to the coaches playing for wins and not development.
avatar
Mijo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 31
Points : 218
Join date : 2017-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by Zizou on 29/03/17, 03:47 pm

Damn, I did not think this board had that much power over coaching and coaching decision.

Zizou
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1763
Points : 3248
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Girls JDL game scores for March 18th

Post by Zizou on 29/03/17, 03:48 pm

Well I guess if your coach is on the board and reading the board it would.

Zizou
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1763
Points : 3248
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum