North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DA, ECNL, LH Solution - Page 14 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

DA, ECNL, LH Solution - Page 14 Empty Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by db10 19/05/17, 03:10 pm

BigErn wrote:
db10 wrote:Big Ern...So you're saying college coaches are going to start ignoring ECNL and concentrate only on DA? Funny. Guess that should save parents time and money by not bothering to attend any NPL event such as the Jefferson Cup or the NPL showcases either...seems like a bit of an overstatement huh? So in your mind SEC colleges won't worry about girls from Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, S. Carolina, Kentucky, Arkansas, or Louisiana due to the lack of DA. That should be interesting...Bama, Auburn, S. Alabama, and Stamford not having players from their home state on the roster. Instead the coaches will busy themselves watching 3 teams from Atlanta play teams from Florida and then try to convince enough girls to travel 100's of miles to play for them. Geez I feel for the Memphis program.

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/college-impact-new/college-impact-2016/

Sorry, I call Shenanigans. College coaches are paid to find the best players out there to join their teams. None of them are going to put all their eggs in one basket.

Shenanigans huh?  One of my all time faves but not really relevant here db considering I'm not trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes ... simply stating an opinion.  

And yes ... not sure how funny it is, but I absolutely believe that going forward the high end D1 college programs will be choosing to spend their limited time and travel budgets at the DA Showcase events plus the few of the non DA sanctioned events that they approve.  As has been mentioned many times in many threads over the past few months, there are plenty of scholarships to be had at the lower level D1, D2 and under programs as well.  This is where I/we believe the ECNL and NPL events will be attended by more of those folks.

Oh...now it's the "high end" D1 programs. Anyone know the last ECNL tournament Anson Dorrance or Becky Burleigh attended?
Listen I don't deny the fact that attentions will be drawn to the DA but to say 95% is overkill. Do you think Sting would of bowed out of DA if they thought this? Do you think they made the choice in a vacuum? Do you think they might have solicited college coach's feedback before making the decision?

db10
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 19/05/17, 03:11 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:DA....Facebook
ECNL....Twitter
JDL....IG
LH....snapchat
Rec....Vine
If we are talking about 11-12 girls then the DA is IG and Snapchat. Now I know you don't have kids.

True that! I don't even know many millennials at my office who even use FB. Seems they are SC, IG and Vinmo.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 19/05/17, 03:14 pm

BigErn wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
BigErn wrote:
Gunners wrote:I never said they would choose ECNL instead of DA. I said they will attend them both.

Reading comprehension is your friend, embrace it.

Couldn't have teed up the ole 'Pot ... Kettle' any better Sir.

And it'd be super if you could explain how you're coming up with the following thoughts (italicized below) when those ECNL/JDL rosters + the majority of other top talent now make up the DA rosters at 05/04/03 ...

"What you have to understand is that 95% or more of the DA kids will be on a very similar level to the ECNL kids, therefore college coaches will still recruit from there."

"The talent pool in ECNL will remain equal to DA if not superior."
You are actually assuming all the talent lies just with the big 3.

How In ... The  ... Hell did ya come up with that malarkey KC?  And how it that at all relevant to mine and Gunners exchange here?

While it's certainly true that the majority of the talent in NTX is currently competing at the highest levels at the ECNL clubs, there are obviously pockets of talent here and there ... Most notable at LP, Kicks and Rush -- which as you know, have either been picked apart or are now at those clubs I mentioned.
So Rush, Kicks and LP have been picked apart? How did you come up with that malarkey!

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 19/05/17, 03:16 pm

Boys --

I know you're all excited, but let's take a deep breath and relax a bit.  Try taking a bit more time in reading these posts ... Maybe read the quoted posts I'm responding to all the way through before automatically disagreeing with them just because.  This way you might be able to utilize a bit more common sense ... K?  Alright then.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks 19/05/17, 03:18 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
BigErn wrote:
Gunners wrote:I never said they would choose ECNL instead of DA. I said they will attend them both.

And it'd be super if you could explain how you're coming up with the following thoughts (italicized below) when those ECNL/JDL rosters + the majority of other top talent now make up the DA rosters at 05/04/03 ...

"What you have to understand is that 95% or more of the DA kids will be on a very similar level to the ECNL kids, therefore college coaches will still recruit from there."

Agreed. You've got two other ECNL clubs that will feed the 3DA as well as other players from everywhere else. So saying that ECNL will be decimated is overstated. College coaches will go where the talent is and there is not a huge drop-off in NCAA quality talent in ECNL after DA starts.
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 19/05/17, 03:19 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
BigErn wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
BigErn wrote:

How In ... The  ... Hell did ya come up with that malarkey KC?  And how it that at all relevant to mine and Gunners exchange here?

While it's certainly true that the majority of the talent in NTX is currently competing at the highest levels at the ECNL clubs, there are obviously pockets of talent here and there ... Most notable at LP, Kicks and Rush -- which as you know, have either been picked apart or are now at those clubs I mentioned.
So Rush, Kicks and LP have been picked apart?  How did you come up with that malarkey!

Yep ... That, or they are no longer Rush and Kicks.

And if ya don't know this by now KC, then I just can't help you.  Happy Friday though --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 19/05/17, 03:21 pm

BigErn wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
BigErn wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
BigErn wrote:

So Rush, Kicks and LP have been picked apart?  How did you come up with that malarkey!

Yep ... That, or they are no longer Rush and Kicks.

And if ya don't know this by now KC, then I just can't help you.  Happy Friday though --
Now who isn't reading posts. Because Kicks Selecao 05 and Rush 04 decided to go to Feet you are saying their rosters were decimated? What sense does that make? Really?

Last edited by KeeperCommander on 19/05/17, 03:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 19/05/17, 03:30 pm

334 D1 schools...70 DA teams.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 19/05/17, 03:39 pm

The next serial killer defense will be the DA made me do it defense. I was never allowed to play basketball so I killed 22 people.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 19/05/17, 04:16 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:The next serial killer defense will be the DA made me do it defense.  I was never allowed to play basketball so I killed 22 people.

The DA made me do it!

When I joined I thought it would be different. Then I realized it was mostly the same coaches and kids...only I wasn't allowed to go to prom now. Once it all sunk in...i just went crazy and started killing people.

Da made me do it!
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/05/17, 04:37 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:I do believe coaches with limited budgets will choose to spend money attending a DA showcase, but will include an ECNL showcase in their region to attend. In most all situations unless a coach has a tip on an ECNL player they need to see will primarily spend money on DA showcases.
Ha! Do you really think someone with a limited budget is going to get a DA player!

Travel funds
Z if they are that limited then what DA player will consider them after all they are a DA player. Haven't all the 05 DA players signed with WV by now.

Early on in the recruiting process of players college coaches will work on landing the DA players. They will rely on viable coaches within the clubs for suggestions on other players in ECNL, LHGCL and make trips in to see league matches. My DD experienced ECNL at its greatest with 50+ d-1 coaches at showcase matches and the sideline littered with coaches during league games. It's hard to believe that ECNL will be able to uphold that standard with DA in full swing.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 19/05/17, 04:49 pm

Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:I do believe coaches with limited budgets will choose to spend money attending a DA showcase, but will include an ECNL showcase in their region to attend. In most all situations unless a coach has a tip on an ECNL player they need to see will primarily spend money on DA showcases.
Ha! Do you really think someone with a limited budget is going to get a DA player!

Travel funds
Z if they are that limited then what DA player will consider them after all they are a DA player. Haven't all the 05 DA players signed with WV by now.

Early on in the recruiting process of players college coaches will work on landing the DA players. They will rely on viable coaches within the clubs for suggestions on other players in ECNL, LHGCL and make trips in to see league matches. My DD experienced ECNL at its greatest with 50+ d-1 coaches at showcase matches and the sideline littered with coaches during league games. It's hard to believe that ECNL will be able to uphold that standard with DA in full swing.
Don't believe I or anyone else on the forum said that those numbers would remain the same. I do however remember seeing posts that only DA players would go to D1 schools because the coaches have limited budgets. Trust me when I say that plenty of ECNL girls will head off to D1 schools after graduation. Percentages like before? No. Then again I am not the one making the absurd claim on numbers. Good players can get lost and forgotten. Great players will be found no matter ECNL or DA.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 19/05/17, 04:54 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Travel funds

Don't believe I or anyone else on the forum said that those numbers would remain the same. I do however remember seeing posts that only DA players would go to D1 schools because the coaches have limited budgets. Trust me when I say that plenty of ECNL girls will head off to D1 schools after graduation. Percentages like before? No. Then again I am not the one making the absurd claim on numbers. Good players can get lost and forgotten. Great players will be found no matter ECNL or DA.

Or LH for that matter. Not in great numbers but it can and does happen.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/05/17, 04:54 pm

Lol, you have it figured out then. These conversations that we are having a very similiar to when ECNL came online. LHGCL will be just as strong or better. Well, that's not the case now is it. Unfortunately I think college coaches are similiar to players and parents. They like the new shinny thing.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 19/05/17, 04:58 pm

Everybody like new and shiny things. I have nothing by against DA. People just tend to make it out to be something that it has not yet been proven to be.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 19/05/17, 05:01 pm

Not disagreeing with you Z, but #24 freshman at UT last year played many years for Texas Spirit (a NON ECNL club). I believe she finished her last year or so on Texans but during the recruiting cycle was at a small Indy in LH.

Just saying, the right player, with hard work and dedication, attending the college ID camps etc, can get an opportunity. And in my world view (which most don't subscribe to) we and my DD ultimately are NOT in charge. Best to work hard, do your best, enjoy life and leave it to the ONE Who is in charge.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/05/17, 05:15 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:Everybody like new and shiny things. I have nothing by against DA. People just tend to make it out to be something that it has not yet been proven to be.

Agree, but a lot of people just like to fight over the outcome that will eventually happen. They know in their minds this is true but can't seam to grasp the reality of what it truly is and will become. Their is no dought that good players will be found but their are still a bunch out their that are not found.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 19/05/17, 05:20 pm

Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:Everybody like new and shiny things. I have nothing by against DA. People just tend to make it out to be something that it has not yet been proven to be.

Agree, but a lot of people just like to fight over the outcome that will eventually happen. They know in their minds this is true but can't seam to grasp the reality of what it truly is and will become. Their is no dought that good players will be found but their are still a bunch out their that are not found.
Not disagreeing with you on parts of that. With the exception of:
There*
doubt*
there*
there*

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy 19/05/17, 05:33 pm

RightWingDad wrote:Not disagreeing with you Z, but #24 freshman at UT last year played many years for Texas Spirit (a NON ECNL club). I believe she finished her last year or so on Texans but during the recruiting cycle was at a small Indy in LH.

Just saying, the right player, with hard work and dedication, attending the college ID camps etc, can get an opportunity. And in my world view (which most don't subscribe to) we and my DD ultimately are NOT in charge. Best to work hard, do your best, enjoy life and leave it to the ONE Who is in charge.

When did #24 commit to Texas? Before or after playing for Texans ECNL?

Big Daddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 19/05/17, 05:37 pm

We have a very myopic view. What seems like a big deal in Texas isn't the same in SoCal or NJ. If I'm a D1 coach in NJ I can jump in my car and see a hundred different clubs and high schools in 2 hours. I don't have to focus my attention on 3 DA clubs. Meanwhile if I'm the coach at UTEP I need to plan my time out really carefully.

We have always viewed ECNL as the be all end all as well. Meanwhile in other areas without 5 teams coaches, parents and players don't care that much. The same will happen with DA.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeStretch 19/05/17, 05:56 pm

Zizou wrote:Lol, you have it figured out then. These conversations that we are having a very similiar to when ECNL came online. LHGCL will be just as strong or better. Well, that's not the case now is it. Unfortunately I think college coaches are similiar to players and parents. They like the new shinny thing.

I remember when ECNL came online. None said LH would be as strong or better. Some claimed ECNL texas conference wouldnt be as competitive top to bottom as the PL structure ECNL replaced. I know in my kids age group the best team from OK, several of the better teams from STX and one of the top 3 in NTX were replaced by dfeeters and weaker ecnl teams from OK and STX. I think in hindsight with dallas teams except dfeeters dominating texas conf standings most every year...there is a case to be made that claim turned out to be mostly true.

Last edited by HomeStretch on 19/05/17, 07:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 19/05/17, 06:06 pm

HomeStretch wrote:
Zizou wrote:Lol, you have it figured out then. These conversations that we are having a very similiar to when ECNL came online. LHGCL will be just as strong or better. Well, that's not the case now is it. Unfortunately I think college coaches are similiar to players and parents. They like the new shinny thing.

I remember when ECNL came online. None said LH would be as strong as better. Some claimed ECNL texas conference wouldnt be as competitive top to bottom as the PL structure ECNL replaced. I know in my kids age group the best team from OK, several of the better teams from STX and one of the top 3 in NTX were replaced by dfeeters and weaker ecnl teams from OK and STX. I think in hindsight with dallas teams except dfeeters dominating texas conf standings most every year...there is a case to be made that claim turned out to be mostly true.

Ohh no you dinnit! Z was the trying to relax and you bad mouthed ecnl. A response must and will be made.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeStretch 19/05/17, 07:26 pm

Nah not bad mouthing ECNL. The league has been great for my kid. Undoubtedly would have been much harder for her to get looks in the old system. Just saying I dont see much evidence the league made NTX stronger

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/05/17, 07:57 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:

There*
doubt*
there*
there*
Grammar Nazi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/05/17, 08:01 pm

All I'm saying is we could go back to post three years ago and you would see zero difference in what is being said today. My DD and I have done it all LHGCL,ECNL, and well we are in the process of DA. The coaching is good the competition is great and we would not change the experience for nothing.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 19/05/17, 08:02 pm

Cleansheets wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:

There*
doubt*
there*
there*
Grammar Nazi.
Their just seamed too bee some badd grammar.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next