2017/2018 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Michael Johnson Training Reviews
by TxFutbal Today at 06:22 pm

» Any feedback on the FCD Elite summer camp?
by TxFutbal Today at 06:18 pm

» Triumph 08 Bell (North FW, Roanoke, Keller)
by Hmeleven Today at 04:18 pm

» Bye Felicia
by Medicine Man Today at 01:52 pm

» What Compettitive league is the best?
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 10:53 pm

» Dallas Texans Williams / 2009 Open Sessions:
by oddsquad Yesterday at 09:45 pm

» Dallas Texans Williams / 2008 Open Sessions:
by oddsquad Yesterday at 09:39 pm

» SPFCTX 09 G - SEDEH
by SPFCSoberano Yesterday at 09:20 pm

» SPTXFC 02G - SEDEH - LHCL
by SPFCSoberano Yesterday at 09:14 pm

» Texans 07G Red North- Mays
by Ozil_fan Yesterday at 09:04 pm

» SPTXFC 10G SEDEH
by SPFCSoberano Yesterday at 08:41 pm

» Teams in/around Prosper?
by SPFCSoberano Yesterday at 08:39 pm

» SPFCTX 08 G BERACOCHEA
by SPFCSoberano Yesterday at 08:35 pm

» SPTXFC 04G - SEDEH
by SPFCSoberano Yesterday at 08:32 pm

» SPFCTX 02G SEDEH - LHCL D3
by SPFCSoberano Yesterday at 08:27 pm

» SPTXFC 01G SEDEH - LHCL D2
by SPFCSoberano Yesterday at 08:25 pm

» SPTXFC- 00’s G SEDEH - LHCL D2
by SPFCSoberano Yesterday at 08:19 pm

» Open Practice This Week Sting Dallas 08 Parker
by Sting Dallas 08 Parker Yesterday at 06:02 pm

» Dallas Texans 08g Scarfone
by Goes-2-11 Yesterday at 04:58 pm

» Coppell FC Informational Session
by CoppellFC Yesterday at 03:52 pm

» Playoffs coming...
by jogobonito06 Yesterday at 03:17 pm

» Need GK for Showcase
by soccermom13 Yesterday at 09:54 am

» Sting Dallas 2012G Forming!
by psaldivar Yesterday at 06:42 am

» NTX Celtic FC Fernie 03's!
by NTX Celtic FC 20/04/18, 08:33 pm

» Keeper looking for teams to practice with
by bridgetesquivel@gmail.com 20/04/18, 08:27 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11700 registered users
The newest registered user is Ozil_fan

Our users have posted a total of 170966 messages in 21474 subjects

Club Management

Go down

Club Management

Post by ForReal on 03/04/17, 10:30 am

Curious what everyone thinks.  We pick our teams based on coach first, but with all the changes in the soccer world, club management has become increasingly more important.  What club do you think has the best management?  Best vision?  Best communication?  Best suited to adapt to the ever-changing world of youth soccer?  My questions aren't about financial backing, strength of player pool, etc.  I'm interested in the actual decision makers at the clubs and how the vision, or lack thereof, are communicated and implemented.  And while this topic is largely aimed at the Big 4, I'd be curious to hear thoughts about the larger clubs outside of the Big 4 as well.

ForReal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Club Management

Post by db10 on 03/04/17, 10:35 am

By "management, vision, and communication" do you mean sending you your invoice each month? Other than that I'd love to hear about how clubs are communication their visions... Laughing

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity on 03/04/17, 10:56 am

db10 wrote:By "management, vision, and communication" do you mean sending you your invoice each month? Other than that I'd love to hear about how clubs are communication their visions... Laughing

Lol.  Some don't even do that correctly.

Vision??!?  Communication??!?

Some don't communicate to their coaches, how do you expect them to communicate to their players?

It is now April - how many of the clubs have set their coaching staff for DA, ECNL, etc., for next season?  Maybe it's early - but players are looking now and tryouts begin in a month or less.

Jack is always on here talking about these clubs as a business.  I don't disagree - but most businesses have a 1-year, 2-year, 5-year and 10-year plan.  Most of the clubs don't appear to be being run by people with any real business knowledge.  Can any of the Big 4 articulate their 5 year plan?

Maybe the plan is just "Sign up as many kids as possible.  Hire any warm body to coach them (regardless of license, experience, or the number of clubs they have left in the past 5 years).  Play soccer."

If your plan is just grow big, make money . . . I guess that is working for some.

If your plan is to recruit the next generation of soccer players . . . well then I guess all you need is a name and a recruiter.

If your plan is to develop the next generation of soccer players, let me give you a clue.  One or 2 good coaches in an age group isn't going to cut it.  E licenses doesn't cut it.  Hiring some guy who has been at 4 clubs in 5 years isn't the answer.  
Looking for independent teams/clubs who have excelled to fill your byes each year with outside teams isn't going to do it.

When was the last time your club asked you about their product?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 on 03/04/17, 11:18 am

You don't need a business plan with a captive audience. If you're an 03 next year you'll have a D1 choice of Solar, Texans, Sting or 3 teams that will probably end up with one of those clubs. Want "independent" in D2 and D3, you have 3-4 choices combined.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal on 04/04/17, 02:24 pm

Is anyone willing to support or at least be neutral about their club's management?

ForReal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 04/04/17, 03:43 pm

Nope,

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04/04/17, 06:06 pm

My DD's club management is awesome! All the other clubs suck...

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander on 05/04/17, 05:55 am

db10 wrote:By "management, vision, and communication" do you mean sending you your invoice each month? Other than that I'd love to hear about how clubs are communication their visions... Laughing
Ah TeamSnap, ice cream socials, and dues were $75 a month. Those were the days. Never to return again.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 05/04/17, 08:47 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
Ah TeamSnap, ice cream socials, and dues were $75 a month. Those were the days. Never to return again.
At least the coaches were licensed.
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by newbiefornow on 05/04/17, 09:24 am

ForReal wrote:Is anyone willing to support or at least be neutral about their club's management?

I have direct experience of two large Clubs that my DD has been a part of and is a part of.  I have great respect for the Club management in both. They're running a business and need to be mindful of the financials associated with running a club but within those parameters they provide a great service to the Women's and Girls Soccer community. They generally want to develop the Club in the long term interests of it's members and stakeholders. That sounds like corporate speak and it is but there are a lot of variables outside a clubs control and a lot of work to keep everything going. So Support :-)

newbiefornow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack on 05/04/17, 09:29 am

newbiefornow wrote:
ForReal wrote:Is anyone willing to support or at least be neutral about their club's management?

I have direct experience of two large Clubs that my DD has been a part of and is a part of.  I have great respect for the Club management in both. They're running a business and need to be mindful of the financials associated with running a club but within those parameters they provide a great service to the Women's and Girls Soccer community. They generally want to develop the Club in the long term interests of it's members and stakeholders. That sounds like corporate speak and it is but there are a lot of variables outside a clubs control and a lot of work to keep everything going. So Support :-)

You must live in socal. Very Happy
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by wazup on 05/04/17, 09:30 am

newbiefornow wrote:

Ok - let's play NAME THAT CLUB

Funny thing is - I wonder if anyone here can actually name the clubs you are talking about

wazup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 05/04/17, 10:00 am

newbiefornow wrote:

And I've just seen a rainbow unicorn on the Tollway.
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack on 05/04/17, 10:03 am

ElClassico wrote:
newbiefornow wrote:

And I've just seen a rainbow unicorn on the Tollway.

No kidding....I just hit the damn thing...really messed up my car.
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity on 05/04/17, 04:11 pm

ForReal wrote:Curious what everyone thinks.  We pick our teams based on coach first, but with all the changes in the soccer world, club management has become increasingly more important.  What club do you think has the best management?  Best vision?  Best communication?  Best suited to adapt to the ever-changing world of youth soccer?  My questions aren't about financial backing, strength of player pool, etc.  I'm interested in the actual decision makers at the clubs and how the vision, or lack thereof, are communicated and implemented.  And while this topic is largely aimed at the Big 4, I'd be curious to hear thoughts about the larger clubs outside of the Big 4 as well.

You think D'Feeters communicated the Rush ECNL move to their current 04 team?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone on 05/04/17, 04:16 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:
ForReal wrote:Curious what everyone thinks.  We pick our teams based on coach first, but with all the changes in the soccer world, club management has become increasingly more important.  What club do you think has the best management?  Best vision?  Best communication?  Best suited to adapt to the ever-changing world of youth soccer?  My questions aren't about financial backing, strength of player pool, etc.  I'm interested in the actual decision makers at the clubs and how the vision, or lack thereof, are communicated and implemented.  And while this topic is largely aimed at the Big 4, I'd be curious to hear thoughts about the larger clubs outside of the Big 4 as well.

Just posted it twice didn't they? Communication at its finest! I'm sure they will have a chance to try out just like everyone else.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad75033 on 05/04/17, 04:21 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:

Riiiiight. lol!

That being said, good vision to add some well-needed core to their ECNL teams.

Now hopefully they have some plans to fill the 03 holes.

SoccerDad75033
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum