North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Games of the Week (Apr. 8th & 9th) Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Games of the Week (Apr. 8th & 9th)

Go down

Games of the Week (Apr. 8th & 9th) Empty Games of the Week (Apr. 8th & 9th)

Post by greaterisHe 05/04/17, 08:46 am

The Lake Highland season ends this weekend with a few questions that still need to be answered. 
1) Can Dallas Texans - Central and/or FCD White enter DI for next year?
2) Who will be the last three teams?
3) Who will be promoted from DIII? 

Saturday April 8th:
STING EAST 05G GRAY vs SOLAR CHELSEA 05G BYARS
Byars has a two tough games remaining to strengthen their position.  The point differential between these two teams is one point.  This game means more to Byars than Gray because of strength of remaining schedule. 

FC DALLAS YOUTH 05G NORTH WHITE vs STING WEST 05G
Sting West has secured their DI spot for next year while FCD White must win out to have any chance to enter DI. 

DALLAS TEXANS CENTRAL DALLAS TEXANS 05G CENTRAL - Z vs FEVER UNITED 05G PENN
Dallas Texans must get over the Fever hurdle (i.e. a win) and get help from other teams to enter DI. 

LIVERPOOL 05 GIRLS REDKNAPP (F: INFINITY) - LD vs BELLATORES FC 05G BEWLEY
Can Bella pull out a win to stay out of the bottom three? 

Sunday April 9th:
See comments above for must wins.

greaterisHe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Games of the Week (Apr. 8th & 9th) Empty Re: Games of the Week (Apr. 8th & 9th)

Post by My Money Pit 05/04/17, 10:57 am

It's nice to see that there are plenty of impactful games at this point in the season at all levels (Adds to the atmosphere). I think the larger question looming is how much pressure will parents be putting on their DD's to win these games to make sure they "move up/don't get relegated?"
My Money Pit
My Money Pit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 05/04/17, 02:03 pm

My Money Pit wrote:It's nice to see that there are plenty of impactful games at this point in the season at all levels (Adds to the atmosphere). I think the larger question looming is how much pressure will parents be putting on their DD's to win these games to make sure they "move up/don't get relegated?"
You are right, it would be so much better if they just told them to bag for the year because it shouldn't matter and it isn't important. That teaches them an even more important life lesson, huh.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by My Money Pit 07/04/17, 10:13 am

[quote="KeeperCommander"][quote="My Money Pit"]It's nice to see that there are plenty of impactful games at this point in the season at all levels (Adds to the atmosphere). I think the larger question looming is how much pressure will parents be putting on their DD's to win these games to make sure they "move up/don't get relegated?"[/quote]
You are right, it would be so much better if they just told them to bag for the year because it shouldn't matter and it isn't important.  That teaches them an even more important life lesson, huh.[/quote]

KC, where did I say anything about tanking, last time I check there wasn't a lottery draft for the teams relegated out of LH...(would be an interesting concept though). I can't speak for all 11 & 12 y/o's but last time I checked they don't know about standings and placement/relegation unless their parents tell them about it. Most girls are out there to play and have "fun," and really have no concept of what is going on around them. All of the stuff that happens in the leagues/clubs/associations is all perpetuated by adults. If you want to add extra pressure to your DD that is already dealing with having to live up to your expectations, then be my guest. That is completely within your right as a parent. Mine will just show up to play another game and all that is expected of her is that she gives her max effort.

...Steps off soapbox...
My Money Pit
My Money Pit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wazup 07/04/17, 12:36 pm

My Money Pit wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
My Money Pit wrote:It's nice to see that there are plenty of impactful games at this point in the season at all levels (Adds to the atmosphere). I think the larger question looming is how much pressure will parents be putting on their DD's to win these games to make sure they "move up/don't get relegated?"
You are right, it would be so much better if they just told them to bag for the year because it shouldn't matter and it isn't important.  That teaches them an even more important life lesson, huh.

KC, where did I say anything about tanking, last time I check there wasn't a lottery draft for the teams relegated out of LH...(would be an interesting concept though). I can't speak for all 11 & 12 y/o's but last time I checked they don't know about standings and placement/relegation unless their parents tell them about it. Most girls are out there to play and have "fun," and really have no concept of what is going on around them. All of the stuff that happens in the leagues/clubs/associations is all perpetuated by adults. If you want to add extra pressure to your DD that is already dealing with having to live up to your expectations, then be my guest. That is completely within your right as a parent. Mine will just show up to play another game and all that is expected of her is that she gives her max effort.

...Steps off soapbox...

you keep thinking that

I hear the purple ponies are looking for next season

wazup
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 07/04/17, 12:56 pm

My Money Pit wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
You are right, it would be so much better if they just told them to bag for the year because it shouldn't matter and it isn't important.  That teaches them an even more important life lesson, huh.

...Steps off soapbox...
Well first, you said "put pressure on" so the exact opposite of that is tank, however I said bag it so I digress. We will chalk that one up to an English discrepancy and go on.
Even at this age the girls have a very real knowledge of what is going on and happening around them. You would be surprised to know what they understand. That being said the stuff as you call it does come very heavily from the adult side. Too much? Probably so but it has become that way.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 07/04/17, 04:06 pm

At what point did this board become a shit show EVERY time anyone posts anything about any subject?

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 07/04/17, 05:25 pm

About a year ago. You must have been on spring break.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lewi9 07/04/17, 06:15 pm

Any upsets or surprises coming this weekend? Anyone think Gray has a chance vs. Byars? Looks like D3 is all but settled with Marshall and Powers 1 and 2 locked. D2/D3 and D3 relagation have some games to resolve.
lewi9
lewi9
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 07/04/17, 06:18 pm

lewi9 wrote:Any upsets or surprises coming this weekend? Anyone think Gray has a chance vs. Byars? Looks like D3 is all but settled with Marshall and Powers 1 and 2 locked. D2/D3 and D3 relagation have some games to resolve.
Most should become very clear after Sat games.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 617soccer 08/04/17, 10:24 pm

"Any upsets or surprises coming this weekend? Anyone think Gray has a chance vs. Byars? Looks like D3 is all but settled with Marshall and Powers 1 and 2 locked. D2/D3 and D3 relagation have some games to resolve."

Powers is not locked in with a loss today... plus Covey still has 2 games to go. Should be some good games tomorrow with Covey needing a win to slide into 2nd or FC Powers needing a win to hold on to 2nd, FC East and Mutiny fighting for 5th place to avoid summer qualifications.

617soccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by lewi9 08/04/17, 11:13 pm

Yes, my mistake on the D3 standings. Big Win for Texans Central over Fever today too! Big day for Solar with Haylock and Byars locking up D1 spots! Also Sting West seems to have righted the ship with another win today over FCD White.
lewi9
lewi9
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum