Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Log in

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 12496 registered users
The newest registered user is Ntxdad1

Our users have posted a total of 179447 messages in 23782 subjects

State Cup 2017

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by Foxysoccermom on Mon 17 Apr - 19:23

Ohhh now I get it. You're saying feet people sure are "defensive" like one dimensional, like parking the bus. Was getting worried. You were turning into like robo go...repeating the same thing over and over. Creepin me out man!

Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 535
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by TwistAndShout on Mon 17 Apr - 20:09

I'm just thinking out loud here but since Solar is taking a team to DA and basically shredding their ECNL team, doesn't that mean there will be a BUNCH of openings in the ECNL team even after the "merger"? I mean, Grado has some pretty big, strong, gifted 8th graders in that bunch that ANY ECNL team would covet. I can't imagine players that are that good would balk at that kind of opportunity... Go straight from D2 onto an ECNL team? I mean dang, that's a hard one to pass up I would think... DA is creating quite the stir and if Grado can keep that team from being pilfered I'll be VERY impressed.

TwistAndShout
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 58
Points : 897
Join date : 2016-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by go99 on Mon 17 Apr - 21:28

Foxysoccermom wrote:Ohhh now I get it. You're saying feet people sure are "defensive" like one dimensional, like parking the bus. Was getting worried. You were turning into like robo go...repeating the same thing over and over. Creepin me out man!
Hello? Is this thing on? Thanks for coming out. I'll be here all week. Make sure you tip your waitresses
avatar
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2884
Points : 5965
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by KeeperCommander on Mon 17 Apr - 22:17

I think someone forgot to tell these newbies not to poke the bear.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1634
Points : 3417
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by Foxysoccermom on Mon 17 Apr - 22:23

Who you callin a newbie?
avatar
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 535
Points : 1098
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by KeeperCommander on Mon 17 Apr - 22:26

Anyone who doesn't have the sense to not but heads with Go.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1634
Points : 3417
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by Foxysoccermom on Mon 17 Apr - 23:21

KeeperCommander wrote:Anyone who doesn't have the sense to not but heads with Go.

Go is a butthead and he knows it.
avatar
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 535
Points : 1098
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by KeeperCommander on Mon 17 Apr - 23:23

Who isn't?

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1634
Points : 3417
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by adufresne on Tue 18 Apr - 6:50

go99 wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:Ohhh now I get it. You're saying feet people sure are "defensive" like one dimensional, like parking the bus. Was getting worried. You were turning into like robo go...repeating the same thing over and over. Creepin me out man!
Hello? Is this thing on? Thanks for coming out. I'll be here all week. Make sure you tip your waitresses


If you're gonna be here all week, could you come up with some original material? I know you've been waiting for years to say that we suck. That's alright. Embrace the hate. Its been a long time coming.

__________________________________________________
"You cant win the Kentucky Derby unless you're on a thoroughbred."

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 247
Points : 1845
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by KeeperCommander on Tue 18 Apr - 7:20

Foxysoccermom wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:Anyone who doesn't have the sense to not but heads with Go.

Go is a butthead and he knows it.
Your first response was more Foxy than this one by the way.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1634
Points : 3417
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by sleestack on Fri 5 May - 12:43

https://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=58907&Gender=Girls&Age=14

Goes down this weekend...anyone have predictions? I guess chalk would probably be...

Bracket A: LP Elite
Bracket B: DT South
Bracket C: DT Patterson
Wildcard: Up for grabs

Anyone see the top-3 getting upset?

sleestack
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 44
Points : 1884
Join date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by SD69 on Fri 5 May - 12:50

Think DTS/Grado match will be good one. Again, all depends on guest players.
avatar
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1357
Points : 3520
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on Fri 5 May - 14:25

Texans ECNL team play Sunday at 9:00am ..
Texans LH team play Sunday at 10:00am vs. Grado ..

Hmm..
avatar
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 866
Points : 3248
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by db10 on Sun 7 May - 14:58

Watched 2 matches today...

Sting was no match for LPE. Outplayed in all aspects of the game.

and

DTS v. Grado. Grado is big and "physical" but could not break down DTS. DTS used the counter pretty effectively and the back line for Grado broke down. Issue I had is how much Grado players and coach complained about the officiating. Seemed like they got really flustered not being able to beat up on a team and have them fold. Will be interesting when they move to a watered down D1 next year. I notice they tied DT Red as well so I'm not so sure their expected top 5 D1 status is quite deserved just yet.

__________________________________________________
"Behind every kick of the ball there has to be a thought" - Dennis Bergkamp
avatar
db10
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 374
Points : 2427
Join date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by sleestack on Sun 7 May - 15:51

DTS apparently was missing 6-7 players from the ECNL match. ONE ECNL player returned for the 2nd half of the Grado game & scored 2 goals. Grado, if they stay intact, will compete in D1, because every other team will be watered down.

sleestack
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 44
Points : 1884
Join date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by Cleansheets on Sun 7 May - 16:19

I for one will be glad when DA puts this dual rostering nonsense to rest.

__________________________________________________
Life is like playing goalkeeper, blink and the most important thing is past you.
avatar
Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1109
Points : 3203
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : ...is everything

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by ElClassico on Sun 7 May - 16:39

Solar complaining about opponents using ECNL players... Razz
avatar
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 360
Points : 1906
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by soccerjack on Sun 7 May - 16:40

I'm hopeful that DA will also put a stop to global warming.
avatar
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 985
Points : 2481
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by Cleansheets on Sun 7 May - 16:46

Trump already has...it's huuuuuuuuuuuuuge

__________________________________________________
Life is like playing goalkeeper, blink and the most important thing is past you.
avatar
Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1109
Points : 3203
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : ...is everything

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by NTSDAD on Sun 7 May - 18:54

Grado parent here - Team played great with the loads of injuries - tied 1 and lost 1. Yes, Texans brought in a difference maker that arrived at 1/2 time - that girl is a great player - Good for her! Crappy part was she jumped the fence, was wearing her ECNL uniform and wasn't checked in properly - that is worth complaining about. Comment about counter-attack - glad you recognized Grado was all over them and they could only catch them on the counter Laughing

FYI - we had ECNL players rostered to this event that we choose not to use - 2 of them are national team players. Decided to play on our own, our team has several strong players but also some holes - injuries do not help that. But our coach wanted them to win or lose with their own team.

Still wondering why this is even a topic? Who the *$!@ cares if we play in D1 or move some players to ECNL - unless of course you are willing to pay my daughters club dues - lmao - then we can talk!

NTSDAD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 16
Points : 1111
Join date : 2015-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by soccerjack on Sun 7 May - 19:15

NTSDAD wrote:Grado parent here - Team played great with the loads of injuries - tied 1 and lost 1. Yes, Texans brought in a difference maker that arrived at 1/2 time - that girl is a great player - Good for her! Crappy part was she jumped the fence, was wearing her ECNL uniform and wasn't checked in properly - that is worth complaining about. Comment about counter-attack - glad you recognized Grado was all over them and they could only catch them on the counter Laughing

FYI - we had ECNL players rostered to this event that we choose not to use - 2 of them are national team players. Decided to play on our own, our team has several strong players but also some holes - injuries do not help that. But our coach wanted them to win or lose with their own team.

Still wondering why this is even a topic? Who the *$!@ cares if we play in D1 or move some players to ECNL - unless of course you are willing to pay my daughters club dues - lmao - then we can talk!



I think the problem is several people complimented the team and it's success, so several other people feel the need to tear them down for no apparent reason. Kind of funny how that works.
avatar
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 985
Points : 2481
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by Cleansheets on Sun 7 May - 19:36

I have made it known through several posts that I am a big fan of Solar Grado. I personally think they are a good team and deserve a shot in D1. With that being said I am also a Texan ECNL parent.

I have voiced my disdain for dual rostering several times. I do not agree with how it is abused to bring ringers down. If you bring a player up that needs a look at the ECNL level that's something entirely different. I think ECNL starters have no business dropping down to play in LHGCL. That's just my opinion.

__________________________________________________
Life is like playing goalkeeper, blink and the most important thing is past you.
avatar
Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1109
Points : 3203
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : ...is everything

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by At the game on Sun 7 May - 19:39

What if the DTS girl was originally signed with DTS? Then plays with The ECNL team when the games do not conflict. because if I'm not mistaken she played with DTS in the International Cup while the other ECNL players played with the ECNL team.

At the game
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 18
Points : 822
Join date : 2016-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by soccerjack on Sun 7 May - 19:43

At the game wrote:What if the DTS girl was originally signed with DTS?  Then plays with The ECNL team when the games do not conflict.   because if I'm not mistaken she played with DTS in the International Cup while the other ECNL players played with the ECNL team.

I suppose consistently doing it makes it better. lol!
avatar
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 985
Points : 2481
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by At the game on Sun 7 May - 19:47

soccerjack wrote:
At the game wrote:What if the DTS girl was originally signed with DTS?  Then plays with The ECNL team when the games do not conflict.   because if I'm not mistaken she played with DTS in the International Cup while the other ECNL players played with the ECNL team.

I suppose consistently doing it makes it better. lol!


Both teams were in the International Cup.... she played with DTS=her team

At the game
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 18
Points : 822
Join date : 2016-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2017

Post by Cleansheets on Sun 7 May - 19:49

Yes you are correct on that. Her situation is unique in that respect. However, she should have been signed with ECNL. Phenomenal player who is clearly ECNL caliber.

__________________________________________________
Life is like playing goalkeeper, blink and the most important thing is past you.
avatar
Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1109
Points : 3203
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : ...is everything

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum