North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

07 Movement Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

07 Movement

Go down

07 Movement Empty 07 Movement

Post by Cleatsup10 20/04/17, 01:15 am

Wow Salazar is in the process of having a team and BF went from having two teams maybe down to none. Hearing that two more teams are also being heavy recruited....this 07 group is a mess. Players and coaches just need to be honest or be loyal.

Cleatsup10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

07 Movement Empty Re: 07 Movement

Post by Soccerfamtx 20/04/17, 07:19 am

This is a big year so I'm sure parents want to be sure that the team they choose is a good fit.  Can my coach get my kid to the next level? What is the path at the club? Is the style of play that has evolved suitable for my kid? What is the end game for my kid? I applaud folks for doing their homework. There are a lot of good coaches and players out there.  I've been through this before with my older kids and this year is no different.  Coaches are more sophisticated and so are players and parents. Parents, keep doing your homework.  This is about what's best for your kid.  Everyone has until the end of June to make a decision.  Ask questions. Talk to other parents. Feel things out.  Make sure it's the right fit.  It doesn't get any easier from here should your kid decide to pursue ECNL or DA.  This is about what's best for you and not what the rumor mill would have you to believe. Just my two cents from a battle scarred soccer vet.

Soccerfamtx
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Justbecause2016 20/04/17, 07:24 am

Cleatsup10 wrote:Wow Salazar is in the process of having a team and BF went from having two teams maybe down to none.  Hearing that two more teams are also being heavy recruited....this 07 group is a mess.  Players and coaches just need to be honest or be loyal.

Loyalty doesn't win championships. Maybe the coach is being honest and you don't like what you are hearing????

J/k but coaching is a buisness so be careful and do your homework. Making sure your DD is happy and still having fun as she grows is the most important thing.

Justbecause2016
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by notmysunglasses 20/04/17, 08:59 am

Justbecause2016 wrote:
Cleatsup10 wrote:Wow Salazar is in the process of having a team and BF went from having two teams maybe down to none.  Hearing that two more teams are also being heavy recruited....this 07 group is a mess.  Players and coaches just need to be honest or be loyal.

Loyalty doesn't win championships. Maybe the coach is being honest and you don't like what you are hearing????

J/k  but coaching is a buisness so be careful and do your homework. Making sure your DD is happy and still having fun as she grows is the most important thing.

I'm just going to sit here and eat my popcorn while you win your "championships". Wait, what championships? Surf Cup? You can't even beat the top local club.

notmysunglasses
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Getalife07 20/04/17, 09:25 am

Oh, every age group is a mess right before select. Been through the pre-select drama for seven years now. What people don't realize is that the teams who just stick together and focus on playing soccer rather than focus on playing chess fare far better in the long run. Look around you-if you are on a team with players and parents who are constantly looking for the "next best thing," you will get burned the next time a new coach pops his head up and tries to build a new "instant empire" on the sand instead of allowing for a foundation built on stone. Chemistry often trumps individual talent. Best advice from a vet: stay loyal and be patient.

Getalife07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCSoccerMom11 20/04/17, 10:43 am

Getalife07 wrote:Chemistry often trumps individual talent. Best advice from a vet: stay loyal and be patient.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven  Agreed.  Though, most people have ants in their pants and are so worried about grass being greener... they just can't wait to get over to the latest and greatest.  It takes a while for a team to bond and to bond with their coach.  As long as my DD is growing as a player, I plan on staying put so that she learns what loyalty looks like.  (Now, just need to make sure our coach is on the same page... but that is a different story!)

FCSoccerMom11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LeftybutGoodie 20/04/17, 01:02 pm

FCSoccerMom11 wrote:
Getalife07 wrote:Chemistry often trumps individual talent. Best advice from a vet: stay loyal and be patient.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven  Agreed.  Though, most people have ants in their pants and are so worried about grass being greener... they just can't wait to get over to the latest and greatest.  It takes a while for a team to bond and to bond with their coach.  As long as my DD is growing as a player, I plan on staying put so that she learns what loyalty looks like.  (Now, just need to make sure our coach is on the same page... but that is a different story!)

That's the key...Does loyalty even exist from a coach? All coaches are trying to get the next best talent, which helps them to recruit more talent. As soon as the next best player comes along, i'm sure the coaches will promise him/her the moon, which means someone has to suffer.

Best Recommendation i've received: Do what's best for your daughter (which coach/team motivates her, increases her confidence, develops her strenghts and weaknesses, has good team dynamics, etc).
LeftybutGoodie
LeftybutGoodie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Getalife07 20/04/17, 02:28 pm

"That's the key...Does loyalty even exist from a coach? All coaches are trying to get the next best talent, which helps them to recruit more talent. As soon as the next best player comes along, i'm sure the coaches will promise him/her the moon, which means someone has to suffer."

Kids, particularly at this age, develop at different paces. Some may have a period of rapid development while another reaches a plateau. As teams grow and evolve over time, of course there will be times when players are no longer able to keep up with the overall pace of the team and may see reduced play time or even be released. And that is hard--SO hard--to watch your child sitting on the bench, as you know it is hurting both their confidence and their individual development. A coach's job is to strike the balance of doing what is best for the team as a whole while still working to develop the individual players, and sometimes coaches do have to make difficult decisions around rostering for the greater good.

However, that is a separate issue than what is being discussed here. In this instance, there are pockets of kids from top teams who are key players on those teams who are choosing to leave not because their coaches weren't loyal or weren't valuing/utilizing them, but because they are on yet another journey for greener grass. THAT is what creates an unstable situation. And while it is undoubtedly incredibly fun for the coach to suddenly find himself with a roster of elite talent, the coach will inevitably find that he is just a pitstop along the grass hunt.

None of this is unique to our age group. None of this is unique to North Texas. it is just the nature of the beast. It is up to the parents to decide whether they value roster stability and chemistry higher or lower than they value having their DD's alongside what they view as the top talent in the age group, however brief that union may be. There is no right or wrong answer to that--different strokes for different folks.

But we could all stand to take fewer pot shots at coaches, players and teams, both on and off the forum. The journey is a long one, and things tend to come full circle, so may wanna keep those bridges intact.

Getalife07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by melashbrew 20/04/17, 02:39 pm

Getalife07 wrote:Oh, every age group is a mess right before select. Been through the pre-select drama for seven years now. What people don't realize is that the teams who just stick together and focus on playing soccer rather than focus on playing chess fare far better in the long run. Look around you-if you are on a team with players and parents who are constantly looking for the "next best thing," you will get burned the next time a new coach pops his head up and tries to build a new "instant empire" on the sand instead of allowing for a foundation built on stone. Chemistry often trumps individual talent. Best advice from a vet: stay loyal and be patient.
Perfectly stated!!

melashbrew
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Let’sJustAllGoRec 20/04/17, 02:42 pm

I am going to move my DD to whichever team has a parent tunnel at the end and snowcones!

Let’sJustAllGoRec
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hetlevenisvoetbal 20/04/17, 03:03 pm

Right now he (Salazar) is whats new, he has a good 07 boys team but doesn't have the skins on the wall to prove that he belongs or can out coach the big guys.

Let's say he gets into the mix and tries to play against the big boys such as Flanagan, Adames, Diaz (Sting West, not in the 07 Age group), JM (Kicks); he may not last long because the moment they sense he is down they are going to strip him of his team. Just because he got some kids from Kicks doesn't mean he can hang with the Big Dogs.

I wish him success but let's let him earn it before you all try to drink the Koolaid and start breaking up your teams to run to him.

hetlevenisvoetbal
hetlevenisvoetbal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by planogirl 21/04/17, 12:05 am

hetlevenisvoetbal wrote:Right now he (Salazar) is whats new, he has a good 07 boys team but doesn't have the skins on the wall to prove that he belongs or can out coach the big guys.

Let's say he gets into the mix and tries to play against the big boys such as Flanagan, Adames, Diaz (Sting West, not in the 07 Age group), JM (Kicks); he may not last long because the moment they sense he is down they are going to strip him of his team. Just because he got some kids from Kicks doesn't mean he can hang with the Big Dogs.

Saw the new Salazar girls playing tonight at RSC, they are really good, probably the only team that can compete with the current Solar 07.

Heard from their parents that 4~5 top players from Flannagen, 4~5 top players from Kicks, and more girls coming.

Interesting to see another strong team forming.

planogirl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 07soccerdad 21/04/17, 05:35 am

Ah Planogirl - Thanks so much for the lol this morning, I really needed it!

07soccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerfamtx 21/04/17, 06:57 am

A lot of those players always play indoors together and will remain with their current teams. That's how rumors get started.

Soccerfamtx
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleatsup10 21/04/17, 08:08 am

That's awesome Planogirl. Clearly your child plays for KS. He is a great guy! Heard lots of things.....some of the ones for KS also still looking. Why is that?

Cleatsup10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleatsup10 21/04/17, 08:09 am

Always rumors.....

Cleatsup10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down