2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Blue Star Fields
by jogobonito06 Today at 09:40 am

» Quiet Forum
by Kenny_Powers Today at 12:52 am

» TOURNAMENT: GULF COAST OPEN - Gulf Shores Area - Jan 12-15
by U90C Yesterday at 03:24 pm

» FootyID Camp | Winter 2017
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 10:17 am

» Revolution FC 08G - Lee looking for 2 or 3 players
by Revolution_Girls FC 08/12/17, 04:22 pm

» FC Dallas-West '11's/'12's
by Honeybadger 08/12/17, 10:38 am

» STING DALLAS 2011G/2012G “Officially starting to build out o
by psaldivar 08/12/17, 09:41 am

» Tetra Brazil: Winter Futsal Camp (Dec 18-22)
by jondavies3 08/12/17, 07:58 am

» Sting North 08 Shepard
by skills 08/12/17, 07:57 am

» TX Alliance SC in Alliance-Keller Area looking to add player
by TXAllianceSoccer 07/12/17, 03:07 pm

» Solar 08 Cavalle - Flower Mound
by NTXSoccaDad 07/12/17, 02:51 pm

» TX Alliance SC in Alliance-Keller Area looking to add player
by TXAllianceSoccer 07/12/17, 02:50 pm

» TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC - REGISTRATION DEADLINE APPROACHING
by NTXSoccaDad 07/12/17, 02:46 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 07/12/17, 02:22 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 07/12/17, 02:22 pm

» CAMP IS FULL - GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP
by musaisaya 07/12/17, 01:58 pm

» FBR09 Rankings December 4th, 2017
by BigErn 07/12/17, 12:21 pm

» Futsal
by MFCCoach 07/12/17, 11:28 am

» Futsal
by MFCCoach 07/12/17, 11:27 am

» Fever United 05 Phiri NPL Open Session Sunday December 17th
by ChessNotCheckers 07/12/17, 12:07 am

» STING EAST FREE 1HR SKILLS SESSIONS STARTING DECEMBER 15th
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:28 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:23 pm

by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:22 pm

by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:21 pm

by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:15 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11458 registered users
The newest registered user is Boom2017

Our users have posted a total of 166035 messages in 20897 subjects

2017/2018 Club Fees?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2017/2018 Club Fees?

Post by LeftSideRightSide on 14/05/17, 07:06 pm

Got a clue on costs for clubs? With the state cup now over at our age group, we start to look at our options now.

LeftSideRightSide
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/2018 Club Fees?

Post by TwistAndShout on 14/05/17, 07:15 pm

LeftSideRightSide wrote:Got a clue on costs for clubs? With the state cup now over at our age group, we start to look at our options now.

Completely depends on the Club and the level of play.

Most of the bigger clubs run anywhere from $2700 - $3000 not including the kits. Add in the kits and it's an additional $350 - $650 (sometimes more, sometimes less). If you go to one of the smaller clubs like Mutiny or TX Spirit it could be a little less but normally, once all is said and done, the costs will run around $2500 not including kits. Now, toss in ECNL or DA and costs could increase depending on dual roster or not, etc. etc.

Now, remember that's just base costs - this does not include the travel expenses your family could incur during the year for tournaments, dual rostering for ECNL, SRPL, etc. Overall costs could be in excess of $8,000 easily depending. I've heard craziness where some folks have spent over $10,000 with travel, etc.

So, as many have said many times, buyer beware. Make sure you're getting exactly what your kiddo needs and wants.

TwistAndShout
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 14/05/17, 07:59 pm

It's not all about the money. There are good values and bad values out there. You can easily pay $3k to $4k on a coach and club and you'll end up with $50 worth of development. Ask around, try to talk to parents on the team and off the team. Research why people are leaving or why a coach is "rebuilding". Is it because their players moved up or are they simply trying to recruit wins. Look at the coach's other teams, are they doing well? Have players remained for a while? Look at the club, is there cooperation between coaches and teams? Are facilities actually available. There's a certain big club out there that loves to show off their complex and then you find out your team practices on 1/8 of a field all year long. Does the club actually care about your DD's LH D3 team or are they just a money maker for the clubs DA and ECNL programs?
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistAndShout on 14/05/17, 08:29 pm

ElClassico wrote:It's not all about the money. There are good values and bad values out there. You can easily pay $3k to $4k on a coach and club and you'll end up with $50 worth of development. Ask around, try to talk to parents on the team and off the team. Research why people are leaving or why a coach is "rebuilding". Is it because their players moved up or are they simply trying to recruit wins. Look at the coach's other teams, are they doing well? Have players remained for a while? Look at the club, is there cooperation between coaches and teams? Are facilities actually available. There's a certain big club out there that loves to show off their complex and then you find out your team practices on 1/8 of a field all year long. Does the club actually care about your DD's LH D3 team or are they just a money maker for the clubs DA and ECNL programs?

Right on the head sir - hence the "Buyer Beware" disclaimer... research is the best and most important tool in your own arsenal. Costs DO NOT equate to the right fit for your family or your kiddo.

TwistAndShout
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bbgw on 10/06/17, 05:36 pm

Frisco Fusion 03G is much cheaper but you get more . Worth checking out . Much better and different feel then the big business clubs.

bbgwood@att.net

bbgw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack on 10/06/17, 05:59 pm

Lol. Put the phone down and walk away from the board. I would bet your team practices on a full field though.....unlike that other Frisco club.
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bbgw on 10/06/17, 06:43 pm

Ha, funny Jack. Actually we practice on 1/3 of a field. I'm not saying I'm the greatest coach or as good as a lot of these coaches but I work at it as hard or harder then they do and I bring some Great coaches in that are as good.

I do not get paid for this. That is why I am under half of what the other teams charge.  I do it form dtr who is not a superstar but she works as hard or harder then anyone else. I actually care about the kids on the team and have some Great parents. The girls work really hard and have really improved. They actually like it as I have had players come from upper teams where they are tired of the drama and not being able to do anything in school. I work with them on that and they really like playing again. Thee parents also love seeing their kids have fun again.
I'm not here for a pissing contest but if someone needs a change and wants their daughter to learn soccer but also enjoy her life its worth looking at.
Hope you have Great weekend and I
hope everyone gets on good team.

Frisco Fusion 03G

Last edited by bbgw on 13/06/17, 01:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

bbgw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad on 10/06/17, 08:54 pm

ElClassico wrote:Does the club actually care about your DD's LH D3 team

I'm not sure my dd has ever been on a team where we felt the club actually cared about the team, the player, or the family. 2 of the 4 teams are now DA clubs, two were independent. In all cases each team was a island with little to no support from DOC's or club management. The teams were all in LH across all divisions, 1, 2 and 3.

Just my perspective, but I'm betting ours is not a unique experience. I would hope ECNL and now DA would be different, for those families anyway.
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10/06/17, 10:58 pm

RightWingDad wrote:
ElClassico wrote:Does the club actually care about your DD's LH D3 team

I'm not sure my dd has ever been on a team where we felt the club actually cared about the team, the player, or the family. 2 of the 4 teams are now DA clubs, two were independent. In all cases each team was a island with little to no support from DOC's or club management. The teams were all in LH across all divisions, 1, 2 and 3.

Just my perspective, but I'm betting ours is not a unique experience. I would hope ECNL and now DA would be different, for those families anyway.

It's a shame to hear that's your experience RWD, but unfortunately, probably not that uncommon. I will say this (not directed at you RWD, but directed at the faceless forum masses), as a parent, it's your job to have your kid's best interest at the forefront, and if you expect or rely on a coach, or club, to do that, you will almost certainly end up disappointed, no matter what sport, or what part of the country you are in. If you think it's bad in club sports in NTX, just wait until you get to HS sports...

Now, with that said, I will also give a counter example. We are about to enter our 6th year with our DD's current club. The reason we have been there for 6 years is because we do feel that the club and her coaches have had her back over that time. Have we always agreed with every decision her club and coaches have made over the years? Nope. But as a whole, have they helped her continuously improve, and provided her with ample opportunity over time? Absolutely.

Now that we are in the recruiting cycle, are we seeing the benefit of playing for her club and her coaches who have proven track records at placing players in college programs? Yup. If a parent has objective and realistic assessment of their kid's ability, and matches that up with the right club, coach, and team, then it is certainly possible to have a positive experience in NTX soccer (or any NTX competitive sport for that matter...). We have.

I will say, that if your goal is to "feel the love" from your club, instead of just from your kid's coach, it does help tremendously to be on the #1 or #2 team in the age group for your club that practices out of the central location for that club. That's just a fact of life in NTX club soccer.

I will also say, that I'm sure there are many people who did not have a similar experience at our current club to what we've had. No club is perfect. Again, if you have objective and realistic expectations going in, do your research, and be a parent and act as your child's advocate, the likelihood that you and your DD will be happy with your experience increases exponentially...

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad on 11/06/17, 08:26 pm

Good points BW. While we've never had any "club" love (even though we did practice at Ross Stewart for a year) our coaches (with the exception of one) have been great, and our managers have all been decent to fantastic and the friendships made along the way have been very well worth it.

Maybe its just me, and really it's not all about the money (too many intangibles we enjoy for put a $ on it) but for a "customer" that pays $4-7K per year I sorta think the club management, maybe even the DOC should at least make you feel welcome and that they are glad you are part of the organization. Is it too much to ask that the DOC come out to see your team maybe once a season or attend a parent meeting? Is it too much to ask that age group coaches work a bit more together to develop the entire age group? Is it too much to ask that the club management support the manager/team when it comes to travel/tournaments by providing access to their vast historic knowledge having done this for maybe 30 or 40 years for some clubs? Maybe this happens, but I've never heard of it.

I just don't sense that there is any general concern for "customer service" in the club soccer scene. That's not why my dd plays (she's oblivious to all that), but it sure would be a nice aspect of the journey if that occurred.

Ok, back to my dreams ;-)
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum