» Sting Kit For Sale AS
by 8701tx Yesterday at 02:32 pm

» Sports Organization Management Software Jevin Dan Ptak TX
by KeeperCommander Yesterday at 01:12 pm

» Dallas Texans 08 JDL Tryout Schedule
by Dtsoccer8 Yesterday at 12:51 pm

» FC Dallas 02G Black is looking
by FCD02GBLACK Yesterday at 12:13 pm

» Hello Plano Labor Day Tournament... Is anybody in there?
by dadof3 18/08/17, 10:48 pm

» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr 18/08/17, 12:42 pm

» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr 18/08/17, 12:41 pm

» 01 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 18/08/17, 12:15 pm

» Equal Playing Time For Players ?
by KeeperCommander 18/08/17, 10:28 am

» TOURNAMENT: U90C Labor Day Open - Sept 1-4
by U90C 18/08/17, 09:56 am

» 09 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 18/08/17, 09:35 am

» FBR 09G April 30th 2017
by FBR07G 18/08/17, 09:07 am

» BMS Friday Soccer Skills Sessions
by psaldivar 18/08/17, 08:57 am

» Adidas Germantown Invitational
by db10 18/08/17, 08:20 am

» 07 LH QT
by 7WhiskeyPapa 17/08/17, 08:19 pm

» FDSP Training Program 2017/2018
by cityfutsal 17/08/17, 07:45 pm

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 17/08/17, 03:56 pm

» 09 Girls Team looking for players - Sting Mendoza - Dallas
by dorn993678 17/08/17, 02:47 pm

» 99 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 17/08/17, 01:09 pm

» Looking to scrimmage 8/19
by LittleFeet10 17/08/17, 12:19 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11289 registered users
The newest registered user is sleighphillips

Our users have posted a total of 161576 messages in 20308 subjects

UPDATED-NEW DAY/TIME--Solar '03 Grado D1 LH Open practices

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UPDATED-NEW DAY/TIME--Solar '03 Grado D1 LH Open practices

Post by #luvtowatchherplay on 15/05/17, 09:51 am

Beginning the week of May 22, we will practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-7:30 pm and most Saturdays (during try outs) at the Solar Training Facility in Allen located at 121 & Stacy in Allen.   

Please make sure to text our coach or manager if you are interested in your daughter coming to one of our sessions.

Coach-Charles Grado 214-566-0447

Team Manager-Jennifer Pivnick 214-454-5106

Solar Grado '03 just completed an undefeated season, 19-0, in LH D2 scoring 75 goals and allowing only 3 goals against.  We earned our promotion to LH D1 and are looking to add a few key players.  The majority of our players have played together since 2nd grade and for Charles Grado since 4th grade. While some players were offered the opportunity to tryout and move up to Composite/ECNL/DA, they have collectively chosen to stay and continue to play with this team and for this coach. This team respects and likes their coach and each other.  If you are looking for a true development minded coach who experiences very low turnover on all of his team's each year, this team might be a good fit for your DD.

Last edited by #luvtowatchherplay on 17/05/17, 03:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

#luvtowatchherplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATED-NEW DAY/TIME--Solar '03 Grado D1 LH Open practices

Post by mixitup on 17/05/17, 10:29 am

Should be some great soccer in D1 next year!

mixitup
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 17/05/17, 10:35 am

LHGCL , great soccer! Lol,

Zizou
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks on 17/05/17, 11:50 am

DA should water down some D1 teams. To what degree?Nobody knows. What we do know is that Grado's team will remain together and I'd guess that they probably get stronger. We could see Grado's 03's run the table in D1 and if they can pull it off they should be praised for the accomplishment.
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 17/05/17, 01:08 pm

"Run the table" and you wonder why people bash those who boast?

Just lost to DTS and tied DT Red.

Good enough to run the table but not one player is trying out for ECNL, DA, or CL?

Good enough to run the table and the coach isn't going to suggest strongly that his best players move onto an ECNL or DA team that will give them more exposure that a "watered down D1"?

Or is the plan simply to dual roster everyone?
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistAndShout on 17/05/17, 01:27 pm

ElClassico wrote:"Run the table" and you wonder why people bash those who boast?

Just lost to DTS and tied DT Red.

Good enough to run the table but not one player is trying out for ECNL, DA, or CL?

Good enough to run the table and the coach isn't going to suggest strongly that his best players move onto an ECNL or DA team that will give them more exposure that a "watered down D1"?

Or is the plan simply to dual roster everyone?

cheers

TwistAndShout
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleansheets on 17/05/17, 02:30 pm

Zizou wrote:LHGCL , great soccer! Lol,

Don't be rude.

Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 17/05/17, 02:54 pm

Cleansheets wrote:
Zizou wrote:LHGCL , great soccer! Lol,

Don't be rude.

Sad Sad

Zizou
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley on 17/05/17, 03:31 pm

Zizou trash talks on all the age groups he's a real downer bah hum bug...I'm going to start calling him little boy scrooge

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by #luvtowatchherplay on 17/05/17, 03:33 pm

I appreciate the comments on the post, as it keeps this post at the top of the thread!  Let's keep it going..what can I say that will keep people posting...let's see..We will finish in the top of D1 next year and much like we did in DGIC, hold our own against ECNL teams when presented with opportunities to play them.  That should do it! Discuss.....

#luvtowatchherplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 17/05/17, 03:49 pm

I'm not trying to bash the team, full respect to what they've accomplished. But I simply don't understand how on one hand there's boasting about sticking with ECNL teams yet on the other nobody is urging girls with ECNL talent to move up and get more exposure and competition. I fully understand loyalty to a coach that has a good reputation and obviously does a good job. However like my previous post shouldn't a D1 team in a club with DA, ECNL, and Composite be a stepping stone?
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 17/05/17, 04:00 pm

#luvtowatchherplay wrote:I appreciate the comments on the post, as it keeps this post at the top of the thread!  Let's keep it going..what can I say that will keep people posting...let's see..We will finish in the top of D1 next year and much like we did in DGIC, hold our own against ECNL teams when presented with opportunities to play them.  That should do it! Discuss.....

I'll keep it going for you.. Because keeping the post at the top doesn't necessarily equate to more players. How about setting up a scrimmage with LPE. We need to prep for Regionals in NC. Its all good and fun..
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by #luvtowatchherplay on 17/05/17, 04:01 pm

What's not to understand?  Our girls love each other and their coach and they want to play together. Just because you (and many others) think the players who were offered the opportunity to take that next step, should do it, means nothing to them. My daughter made the decision to stay.  I've lived my athletic dreams, it's about her living hers. She and the other players who stayed are happy and they are competitive and they will continue to improve, along with the rest of the team. I could not ask for anything more...other than the occasional eye rolling to stop!

#luvtowatchherplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mixitup on 17/05/17, 04:08 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
#luvtowatchherplay wrote:I appreciate the comments on the post, as it keeps this post at the top of the thread!  Let's keep it going..what can I say that will keep people posting...let's see..We will finish in the top of D1 next year and much like we did in DGIC, hold our own against ECNL teams when presented with opportunities to play them.  That should do it! Discuss.....

I'll keep it going for you.. Because keeping the post at the top doesn't necessarily equate to more players. How about setting up a scrimmage with LPE. We need to prep for Regionals in NC.  Its all good and fun..

I can't imagine that LPE will last.  Half of the parent's will pull their DD to play for a club that offers the opportunity to play at the next level.  I might be wrong though.

mixitup
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleansheets on 17/05/17, 04:11 pm

#luvtowatchherplay wrote:What's not to understand?  Our girls love each other and their coach and they want to play together. Just because you (and many others) think the players who were offered the opportunity to take that next step, should do it, means nothing to them. My daughter made the decision to stay.  I've lived my athletic dreams, it's about her living hers. She and the other players who stayed are happy and they are competitive and they will continue to improve, along with the rest of the team. I could not ask for anything more...other than the occasional eye rolling to stop!
I wouldn't hold my breath on that last one.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 17/05/17, 04:11 pm

So team is looking for some "key players" yet the girls collectively decided to remain together in D1...fair enough.

Then why do you need additional players in key positions? We're those girls not part of the collective? Not part of the core girls who have played together from 4th grade? We're they just ancillary outsiders?
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack on 17/05/17, 04:12 pm

mixitup wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:

I'll keep it going for you.. Because keeping the post at the top doesn't necessarily equate to more players. How about setting up a scrimmage with LPE. We need to prep for Regionals in NC.  Its all good and fun..

I can't imagine that LPE will last.  Half of the parent's will pull their DD to play for a club that offers the opportunity to play at the next level.  I might be wrong though.

So you think lpe kids are going to try out for grado?
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 17/05/17, 04:14 pm

mixitup wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:

Year 6 of "end of LPE talk"
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by #luvtowatchherplay on 17/05/17, 04:17 pm

ElClassico wrote:So team is looking for some "key players" yet the girls collectively decided to remain together in D1...fair enough.

Then why do you need additional players in key positions? We're those girls not part of the collective? Not part of the core girls who have played together from 4th grade? We're they just ancillary outsiders?

We need additional players because we only had a 15 man roster this year and we believe every position/player on the field is "key"!

#luvtowatchherplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mixitup on 17/05/17, 04:19 pm

soccerjack wrote:
mixitup wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:

No. I don't know what the LPE players are going to do. Within their club they are playing at the highest level they can. Eventually, some of the parents will expect their DD to play at the next level. Unfortunately, they will have to look outside of LP to do so...thus, possibly the end of a good run.

mixitup
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleansheets on 17/05/17, 04:21 pm

mixitup wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
mixitup wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:

No.  I don't know what the LPE players are going to do.  Within their club they are playing at the highest level they can.  Eventually, some of the parents will expect their DD to play at the next level.  Unfortunately, they will have to look outside of LP to do so...thus, possibly the end of a good run.  

The end of that run is closer than you think Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 17/05/17, 04:22 pm

#luvtowatchherplay wrote:
ElClassico wrote:So team is looking for some "key players" yet the girls collectively decided to remain together in D1...fair enough.

We need additional players because we only had a 15 man roster this year and we believe every position/player on the field is "key"!  
So you're looking for 3 bench players...thanks for clearing things up.
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by #luvtowatchherplay on 17/05/17, 04:23 pm

soccerjack wrote:
mixitup wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:

Great idea SoccerJack...any interested LPE parents/players, please see above for our training schedule!! Very Happy

#luvtowatchherplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleansheets on 17/05/17, 04:25 pm

Looks like your kid has a new home now El Cucumber.

Back to top Go down

Post by #luvtowatchherplay on 17/05/17, 04:26 pm

ElClassico wrote:
#luvtowatchherplay wrote:

So you're looking for 3 bench players...thanks for clearing things up.

We don't have "bench players"..sure, we have players that play more than others, but everyone plays.  As I said in my original post, Grado is a development minded coach and as such, he develops and plays all his players. If not, how will they get better?

#luvtowatchherplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum