» Sting Kit For Sale AS
by 8701tx Yesterday at 02:32 pm

» Sports Organization Management Software Jevin Dan Ptak TX
by KeeperCommander Yesterday at 01:12 pm

» Dallas Texans 08 JDL Tryout Schedule
by Dtsoccer8 Yesterday at 12:51 pm

» FC Dallas 02G Black is looking
by FCD02GBLACK Yesterday at 12:13 pm

» Hello Plano Labor Day Tournament... Is anybody in there?
by dadof3 18/08/17, 10:48 pm

» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr 18/08/17, 12:42 pm

» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr 18/08/17, 12:41 pm

» 01 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 18/08/17, 12:15 pm

» Equal Playing Time For Players ?
by KeeperCommander 18/08/17, 10:28 am

» TOURNAMENT: U90C Labor Day Open - Sept 1-4
by U90C 18/08/17, 09:56 am

» 09 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 18/08/17, 09:35 am

» FBR 09G April 30th 2017
by FBR07G 18/08/17, 09:07 am

» BMS Friday Soccer Skills Sessions
by psaldivar 18/08/17, 08:57 am

» Adidas Germantown Invitational
by db10 18/08/17, 08:20 am

» 07 LH QT
by 7WhiskeyPapa 17/08/17, 08:19 pm

» FDSP Training Program 2017/2018
by cityfutsal 17/08/17, 07:45 pm

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 17/08/17, 03:56 pm

» 09 Girls Team looking for players - Sting Mendoza - Dallas
by dorn993678 17/08/17, 02:47 pm

» 99 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 17/08/17, 01:09 pm

» Looking to scrimmage 8/19
by LittleFeet10 17/08/17, 12:19 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11289 registered users
The newest registered user is sleighphillips

Our users have posted a total of 161576 messages in 20308 subjects

UPDATED-NEW DAY/TIME--Solar '03 Grado D1 LH Open practices

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: UPDATED-NEW DAY/TIME--Solar '03 Grado D1 LH Open practices

Post by #luvtowatchherplay on 17/05/17, 04:26 pm

ElClassico wrote:
#luvtowatchherplay wrote:
ElClassico wrote:So team is looking for some "key players" yet the girls collectively decided to remain together in D1...fair enough.

Then why do you need additional players in key positions? We're those girls not part of the collective? Not part of the core girls who have played together from 4th grade? We're they just ancillary outsiders?

We need additional players because we only had a 15 man roster this year and we believe every position/player on the field is "key"!  
So you're looking for 3 bench players...thanks for clearing things up.

We don't have "bench players"..sure, we have players that play more than others, but everyone plays.  As I said in my original post, Grado is a development minded coach and as such, he develops and plays all his players. If not, how will they get better?

#luvtowatchherplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 17/05/17, 04:40 pm

mixitup wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
mixitup wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
#luvtowatchherplay wrote:I appreciate the comments on the post, as it keeps this post at the top of the thread!  Let's keep it going..what can I say that will keep people posting...let's see..We will finish in the top of D1 next year and much like we did in DGIC, hold our own against ECNL teams when presented with opportunities to play them.  That should do it! Discuss.....

I'll keep it going for you.. Because keeping the post at the top doesn't necessarily equate to more players. How about setting up a scrimmage with LPE. We need to prep for Regionals in NC.  Its all good and fun..

I can't imagine that LPE will last.  Half of the parent's will pull their DD to play for a club that offers the opportunity to play at the next level.  I might be wrong though.

So you think lpe kids are going to try out for grado?

No.  I don't know what the LPE players are going to do.  Within their club they are playing at the highest level they can.  Eventually, some of the parents will expect their DD to play at the next level.  Unfortunately, they will have to look outside of LP to do so...thus, possibly the end of a good run.  

I luv it when the plans comes together.. Still waiting for the scrimmage invite.. Regardless if LPE girls have played at the highest level within the club, and have to look outside of the club for other options, Im sure Grado girls will have to do the same, you think? Make you go hmm!
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mixitup on 17/05/17, 04:40 pm

ElClassico wrote:
mixitup wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
#luvtowatchherplay wrote:I appreciate the comments on the post, as it keeps this post at the top of the thread!  Let's keep it going..what can I say that will keep people posting...let's see..We will finish in the top of D1 next year and much like we did in DGIC, hold our own against ECNL teams when presented with opportunities to play them.  That should do it! Discuss.....

I'll keep it going for you.. Because keeping the post at the top doesn't necessarily equate to more players. How about setting up a scrimmage with LPE. We need to prep for Regionals in NC.  Its all good and fun..

I can't imagine that LPE will last.  Half of the parent's will pull their DD to play for a club that offers the opportunity to play at the next level.  I might be wrong though.
Year 6 of "end of LPE talk"

Well, how long are they willing to dominate D1 and not play at a higher level other than in tournaments? At least Grado is positioned to play tougher competition next year in D1. I would think that LPE would grow tired of the same old song and dance.

mixitup
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 17/05/17, 04:48 pm

As long as they can and want until someone knocks them of the hill. Grado moving up to D1 will be a breath of fresh air..
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NTSDAD on 17/05/17, 04:52 pm

Sorry, Late to the party... maybe just maybe the Grado girls (and parents) decided all the money spent on travel for ECNL and DA is better invested in their college funds.... Wink

As for LPE scrimmage - lets see what we can do, good chance to look at the players who have been contacting us.

NTSDAD
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 17/05/17, 05:24 pm

BigboyBentley wrote:Zizou trash talks on all the age groups he's a real downer bah hum bug...I'm going to start calling him little boy scrooge

Lol, if trash talk. I mean truth hurts then little boy scrooge it is.

Zizou
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 17/05/17, 05:28 pm

This is why I love this forum...parents of a team who spent half the year beating up on D3 and relegated teams call out a team who's been at the top of D1 since the beginning, won the Champions league, won the SPL, won the state cup, and won pretty much every thing else they've been in.

Should add some drama to LH at least.
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley on 17/05/17, 05:44 pm

Everybody can't be king of the mountain little boy Scrooge. Everybody wants to be champs.

Quit crying and go sell your BS somewhere else.
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTSDAD on 17/05/17, 05:48 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot - this is the place for "coaches" and those who claim to know everything to bash other teams.

NTSDAD
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack on 17/05/17, 08:50 pm

Hey they had a great year and the kids and coach should enjoy. Don't know why el cucumber has such an issue. Shitzou is shitzou.
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mixitup on 17/05/17, 09:28 pm

ElClassico wrote:This is why I love this forum...parents of a team who spent half the year beating up on D3 and relegated teams call out a team who's been at the top of D1 since the beginning, won the Champions league, won the SPL, won the state cup, and won pretty much every thing else they've been in.

Here's the deal...nobody is taking any credit away from LPE. Get over yourself. For some odd reason you can't seem to handle it when Grado gets a little praise. You immediately negate their abilities. I wouldn't call going 19-0 beating up on teams. I'd call it good soccer. They scored 70+ goals and only allowed 3...all season! It is almost as if you have a personal grudge against the coach and therefore feel the need to put down their accomplishments. I find it very sad that you have that much interest in trying to discredit them.

mixitup
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack on 17/05/17, 09:37 pm

mixitup wrote:
ElClassico wrote:This is why I love this forum...parents of a team who spent half the year beating up on D3 and relegated teams call out a team who's been at the top of D1 since the beginning, won the Champions league, won the SPL, won the state cup, and won pretty much every thing else they've been in.

Here's the deal...nobody is taking any credit away from LPE.  Get over yourself.  For some odd reason you can't seem to handle it when Grado gets a little praise.  You immediately negate their abilities.  I wouldn't call going 19-0 beating up on teams.  I'd call it good soccer.  They scored 70+ goals and only allowed 3...all season!    It is almost as if you have a personal grudge against the coach and therefore feel the need to put down their accomplishments.  I find it very sad that you have that much interest in trying to discredit them.  

Most of the real d-3 teams were in the bottom of d-1. lol! el cucumber is bringing his dd out next week so be nice.
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 17/05/17, 09:50 pm

mixitup wrote:

Here's the deal...nobody is taking any credit away from LPE.  Get over yourself.  For some odd reason you can't seem to handle it when Grado gets a little praise.  You immediately negate their abilities.  I wouldn't call going 19-0 beating up on teams.  I'd call it good soccer.  They scored 70+ goals and only allowed 3...all season!    It is almost as if you have a personal grudge against the coach and therefore feel the need to put down their accomplishments.  I find it very sad that you have that much interest in trying to discredit them.  

I have no issue with the coach nor the team. I hear he's a pretty good coach, many of his teams do well. I just find it funny when a team finds success and people immediately start boasting about how good they are. If you want to start calling out teams that have been there and done that you need to expect questions and doubts...Rather than claiming who they can beat, how they can stay with ECNL teams, how they'll be on top of D1 why not do it over a season first? Maybe with 5 or so posts you haven't seen that this happens every year and magically something happens to humble those who boast. Prove me wrong and I will be the first to congratulate the team.
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 17/05/17, 09:50 pm

soccerjack wrote:
mixitup wrote:

Most of the real d-3 teams were in the bottom of d-1. lol!  el cucumber is  bringing  his dd out next week so be nice.

Daughter? Nah I just come on here for the conversation Laughing
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTSDAD on 17/05/17, 10:19 pm

So the real reason you get offended so easily is your dog in the fight is another team...hmmm.

Seriously, why do you care who boasts about what?!? Sounds like we all agree on several things; this is old news, LHGCL is watered down (they did that to themselves FYI), Grado is a good coach, team wasn't picked apart by DA or ECNL status draw and you are the self appointed forum boasting police. Good times.

As far as LPE awesome job, congratulations on winning State, good luck at Regionals. I am sure the girls have worked very hard and they deserve to enjoy the state title - sending them luck as they represent North Texas Soccer.

NTSDAD
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 17/05/17, 10:27 pm

NTSDAD wrote:So the real reason you get offended so easily is your dog in the fight is another team...hmmm.

Seriously, why do you care who boasts about what?!? Sounds like we all agree on several things; this is old news, LHGCL is watered down (they did that to themselves FYI), Grado is a good coach, team wasn't picked apart by DA or ECNL status draw and you are the self appointed forum boasting police. Good times.

As far as LPE awesome job, congratulations on winning State, good luck at Regionals. I am sure the girls have worked very hard and they deserve to enjoy the state title - sending them luck as they represent North Texas Soccer.  

I guess my question is why would a parent come on here and start hyping their team and comparing them not only to a higher division but the top teams in said division? If you're actually that good simply let their play speak for itself.
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 on 17/05/17, 10:32 pm

All this makes me think back to Fergie's "Noisy Neighbors" quote. (I assume some will understand)

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTSDAD on 17/05/17, 10:34 pm

Again who cares??? If a parent thinks their team is all that - why do you care? Let them think what they want - maybe they are right maybe they are wrong. So what. It will play itself out regardless of their opinion and yours. Just sayin.

NTSDAD
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 on 17/05/17, 10:39 pm

Just my .02 but hyping your team on this insane forum never goes unchallenged. This is a soft one...go search out stuff from a year or two ago. Or better, start calling out DTS.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTSDAD on 17/05/17, 10:58 pm

lol touche

NTSDAD
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleansheets on 17/05/17, 11:01 pm

Awww hell, don't say DTS. That's like in the old Three Stooges episode when they said, "Niagara Falls". Anyway that ship sailed just like LPE is going to come July.

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 on 17/05/17, 11:05 pm

Slowly I turned....

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack on 17/05/17, 11:32 pm

ElClassico wrote:
NTSDAD wrote:So the real reason you get offended so easily is your dog in the fight is another team...hmmm.

I guess my question is why would a parent come on here and start hyping their team and comparing them not only to a higher division but the top teams in said division? If you're actually that good simply let their play speak for itself.

Omg! No dog in any of this stupidity...but the top 5 in d-2 would hammer the bottom 4-5 in d-1 because of gifted byes. Who cares age pure whatever. Take your dd to the next vacated d-1 spot and see what happens. Is what it is.
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 17/05/17, 11:55 pm

Please show where these D2 teams "hammered" bottom D1 teams consistently. Competed with them, won a few lost a few, sure....It's always been like that. Each year there are upsets and surprises in a tournament here and there but to lay down a blanket statement is just false.
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks on 18/05/17, 12:26 am

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
mixitup wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
mixitup wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:

So you think lpe kids are going to try out for grado?

No.  I don't know what the LPE players are going to do.  Within their club they are playing at the highest level they can.  Eventually, some of the parents will expect their DD to play at the next level.  Unfortunately, they will have to look outside of LP to do so...thus, possibly the end of a good run.  

I luv it when the plans comes together.. Still waiting for the scrimmage invite.. Regardless if LPE girls have played at the highest level within the club, and have to look outside of the club for other options, Im sure Grado girls will have to do the same, you think? Make you go hmm!
I'm guessing you'd rather have that scrimmage before your best players move to DA at Solar, FCD or Texans?
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 18/05/17, 08:22 am

CBTeamworks wrote:
I'm guessing you'd rather have that scrimmage before your best players move to DA at Solar, FCD or Texans?

You should ask yourself when will it be best for Grado to have this scrimmage? Last I checked Regionals starts June 23-29th.. The Grado parents think highly of their team, which they should.. Wouldn't you want the best "Challenge For Them"..
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum