2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Blue Star Fields
by jogobonito06 Today at 09:40 am

» Quiet Forum
by Kenny_Powers Today at 12:52 am

» TOURNAMENT: GULF COAST OPEN - Gulf Shores Area - Jan 12-15
by U90C Yesterday at 03:24 pm

» FootyID Camp | Winter 2017
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 10:17 am

» Revolution FC 08G - Lee looking for 2 or 3 players
by Revolution_Girls FC 08/12/17, 04:22 pm

» FC Dallas-West '11's/'12's
by Honeybadger 08/12/17, 10:38 am

» STING DALLAS 2011G/2012G “Officially starting to build out o
by psaldivar 08/12/17, 09:41 am

» Tetra Brazil: Winter Futsal Camp (Dec 18-22)
by jondavies3 08/12/17, 07:58 am

» Sting North 08 Shepard
by skills 08/12/17, 07:57 am

» TX Alliance SC in Alliance-Keller Area looking to add player
by TXAllianceSoccer 07/12/17, 03:07 pm

» Solar 08 Cavalle - Flower Mound
by NTXSoccaDad 07/12/17, 02:51 pm

» TX Alliance SC in Alliance-Keller Area looking to add player
by TXAllianceSoccer 07/12/17, 02:50 pm

» TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC - REGISTRATION DEADLINE APPROACHING
by NTXSoccaDad 07/12/17, 02:46 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 07/12/17, 02:22 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 07/12/17, 02:22 pm

» CAMP IS FULL - GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP
by musaisaya 07/12/17, 01:58 pm

» FBR09 Rankings December 4th, 2017
by BigErn 07/12/17, 12:21 pm

» Futsal
by MFCCoach 07/12/17, 11:28 am

» Futsal
by MFCCoach 07/12/17, 11:27 am

» Fever United 05 Phiri NPL Open Session Sunday December 17th
by ChessNotCheckers 07/12/17, 12:07 am

» STING EAST FREE 1HR SKILLS SESSIONS STARTING DECEMBER 15th
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:28 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:23 pm

by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:22 pm

by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:21 pm

by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:15 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11458 registered users
The newest registered user is Boom2017

Our users have posted a total of 166035 messages in 20897 subjects

2017 LHGCL QT

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2017 LHGCL QT

Post by soccerjack on 03/07/17, 02:24 pm

Call it what it is....lh is like a box of chocolates after age pure and club byes. I'm sure several ppl teams could've beat the bottom two d-1 teams from last year.

soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks on 03/07/17, 02:42 pm

Blues Fan wrote:So are you talking about the 6 that got relegated or the bottom 5 of the 6 that maintained their bye and are in D3 this fall?
Prior to relegation as if they were playing against each other during the Spring 2017 season. Impossible to compare anything now since it's fruit basket upset but my QT list stands as a group of teams that stand an excellent chance of qualifying this year.
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander on 03/07/17, 04:32 pm

Top 3-5 in ppl can beat the relegation teams. Prob would end up being a 50/50 split if they played 10 times. Some more some less. I think this would happen in most divisions. It isn't about if it would happen though. It's about how much or often. Can ppl beat DI or II? It has happened enough I believe to say yes but it's pretty rare. Especially since a ppl team might borrow if they are playing in a tourney that requires a little something extra. So we are looking at apples and oranges here.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander on 03/07/17, 05:07 pm

ElClassico wrote:Most of the D3 teams don't have the "it girl" any more.  I've seen some of these D3 teams recently and one thing came to mind...

https://youtu.be/ocV5bGHdYag

BTW I'm not picking on these girls, I'll support every single one of them for the effort and dedication to become a better player. I also think there are some really good coaches that I'd be proud to coach my daughter...I'm simply pointing out what others have said, LH ain't what it used to be.
At the very least it isn't what it used to be. Not disagreeing with you there.
Style, speed of play, even coaching does seem to have a slight difference between the leagues or even the Divisions. Perhaps more than slight.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 03/07/17, 05:20 pm

where did my post go? Shocked
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 03/07/17, 05:22 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
ElClassico wrote:Most of the D3 teams don't have the "it girl" any more.  I've seen some of these D3 teams recently and one thing came to mind...

BTW I'm not picking on these girls, I'll support every single one of them for the effort and dedication to become a better player. I also think there are some really good coaches that I'd be proud to coach my daughter...I'm simply pointing out what others have said, LH ain't what it used to be.
Style, speed of play, even coaching does seem to have a slight difference between the leagues or even the Divisions. Perhaps more than slight.  

Sadly some of those D3 coaches are better than the D2 coaches clubs are running out there.
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander on 03/07/17, 09:05 pm

ElClassico wrote:where did my post go? Shocked
No clue. Thought you deleted it.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks on 04/07/17, 08:37 am

ElClassico wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Sadly some of those D3 coaches are better than the D2 coaches clubs are running out there.
They don't have a choice. It's a harder job to win with lesser players. It's more work to develop lesser players. The most typical weakness of D3 coaches (in any league) is in the area of recruiting. To be fair, recruiting is a catch-22. Easier to recruit if you win, easier to win if you recruit well. Reputation of winning and being in a top league drives recruiting.
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander on 04/07/17, 10:18 am

CBTeamworks wrote:
ElClassico wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

They don't have a choice. It's a harder job to win with lesser players. It's more work to develop lesser players. The most typical weakness of D3 coaches (in any league) is in the area of recruiting. To be fair, recruiting is a catch-22. Easier to recruit if you win, easier to win if you recruit well. Reputation of winning and being in a top league drives recruiting.
Easier to win if you are a better developer

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks on 04/07/17, 11:18 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:
ElClassico wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Easier to win if you are a better developer
Yep, that's the first step in how the reputation is gained. Develop, win, recruit, wash, rinse, repeat... But there are other factors that go into it as well. You can win quicker if you develop better athletes. This means you have to be able to evaluate athletic talent (assuming you have access to athletic talent). You also have to be able to put the right players in the right positions. Be able to teach a formation that can score efficiently and defend. If you have enough talent coming in you also have to be able to make the tough decisions for the team on when to turn a player loose from the team.

Cutting a player serves a couple of benefits. For the remaining members of the team it sends the message that nobody has a locked in spot which means that everybody has to work hard and compete each year. For the player that is cut it allows them to find a team where they can get more game time minutes to develop.
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigEnchilada on 05/07/17, 12:56 pm

its true - see Carey invitational final game
LH D1 Solar LLamas 1 vs Lady Aztecs PPL D1 3.
There are alot of LH teams that dont belong there. specifically Sting Teams. HTF does Sting Larry get in? off a bye? when they finished 7th in a jumbo division? Please, there are a lot better teams not able to use big club power and influence to get into LH and when those LH teams get their A@# handed to them by Plano or ASA teams, the chatter on this site is all excuses. Credit should be given to those teams that struggle and earn their way to LH, Dispointing to see teams move into those spots because their privileged.

How many QT spots available and what teams need to re qualify? Those spots opened because the team fell apart or moved on should be added to the QT.
BigEnchilada
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05/07/17, 01:35 pm

CBTeamworks wrote:
purplefrog wrote:
ElClassico wrote:at this point is there a difference between LH D3 and PPL?

Yes, there is a big difference between LH D3 and PPL.  I will admit there are a FEW PPL teams that can compete with a FEW LH D3 teams, but for the most part any LH D3 team would beat any PPL team.  Same with LH D2 and LH D3.  There are a few D3 that can compete with a few D2, but thats it.  Same with D1 and D2, etc.

Disagree that there's a big difference between LH D3 and PPIL D1. More than a few top PPIL team can beat LH D3 teams. Bottom 5 of LH D3 are on same level as top 5 of PPIL D1. Flip a coin on who wins. That's not a huge difference. That's very little difference.

Regarding QT we know that AYSES was a goal away in each of the last two years. Teams that have good chances of qualifying include (in no particular order):
-AYSES Gold
-America's FC
-Lady Aztecs
-FCD WTX Yoshinobu
-RFC Black
-FCD ETX Haskins
-CDA Trophy Club

All seven of those teams are as good or better than the bottom five of LH D3.

Based on the migration of talent this signing season, how many of these teams still exist or lost significant talent? I heard CDA still hasn't made, Ayses and America's FC lost a sizable amount of talent. It's going to be a down year for qualifying.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 05/07/17, 01:41 pm

Sting Larry = Sting North Angell
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander on 05/07/17, 01:45 pm

Sting Angell=D'feeters Angell

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 05/07/17, 02:03 pm

Good job D'Feeters!
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigEnchilada on 05/07/17, 02:17 pm

Teams looking? under 03
STING NORTH 03G's LARRY - LHGCL D3????
BigEnchilada
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks on 05/07/17, 02:54 pm

I think http://youthsoccerrankings.us/rankings/TXN/14/Girls/

does a fairly accurate job of ranking the teams. Subtract the ranking of one team from the other to get a predicted score. As you can see, there are a few LH D1 and many LH D2 teams that would have been an underdog to some of the PPIL or APL teams.

Regarding Solar Llamas losing to Aztecs. Aztecs area fine team but I would put a huge asterisk next to any games played in May and June due to the large number of guest players (tryouts) that are happening during that time frame.

LH D1
35.96 Liverpool Elite
35.28 Dallas Texans South Adames
32.84 Dallas Texans Patterson
33.02 D’Feeters
32.46 Liverpool Owen
32.64 Dallas Texans Red Stark
31.61 Solar Llamas
32.25 Sting West Khan
31.31 Sting Central Cuevas
30.72 FCD Red Williams

LH D2
33.97 Solar Grado
33.44 Dallas Texans Central Mustangs Bussey
32.72 Sting East Dunstan
32.71 FCD WTX Richardson
32.15 Sparta
31.60 Solar Wells
31.43 NTX Celtic Shirley
????? Dallas Texans White Patterson
31.40 TX Spirit
31.22 Liverpool Raisbeck
31.07 TX Spirit North
30.71 FCD Black
31.28 SRFC
31.58 Sting North Angell
30.89 FCD White
29.99 Sting Central Rojas
30.71 Liverpool Hansen
30.15 D’Feeters Dallas Kicks
30.28 Sting West Diaz
29.99 Sting Central Royal Cuevas

PPIL
31.45 America's FC
31.38 FCD ETX Haskins
30.98 Kernow Storm (Arlington Premier League)
30.11 Statik (Arlington Premier League)
30.84 RFC Black
30.68 FCD WTX Yoshinobu
30.67 Lady Aztecs
30.19 CDA Trophy Club
29.95 AYSES Gold
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AYSESPT on 05/07/17, 03:42 pm

Shake_and_Bake wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:
purplefrog wrote:

Yes, there is a big difference between LH D3 and PPL.  I will admit there are a FEW PPL teams that can compete with a FEW LH D3 teams, but for the most part any LH D3 team would beat any PPL team.  Same with LH D2 and LH D3.  There are a few D3 that can compete with a few D2, but thats it.  Same with D1 and D2, etc.

Disagree that there's a big difference between LH D3 and PPIL D1. More than a few top PPIL team can beat LH D3 teams. Bottom 5 of LH D3 are on same level as top 5 of PPIL D1. Flip a coin on who wins. That's not a huge difference. That's very little difference.

Regarding QT we know that AYSES was a goal away in each of the last two years. Teams that have good chances of qualifying include (in no particular order):
-AYSES Gold
-America's FC
-Lady Aztecs
-FCD WTX Yoshinobu
-RFC Black
-FCD ETX Haskins
-CDA Trophy Club

Based on the migration of talent this signing season, how many of these teams still exist or lost significant talent?  I heard CDA still hasn't made, Ayses and America's FC lost a sizable amount of talent.  It's going to be a down year for qualifying.

lol. We lost 2 players. one player who has given up soccer to focus on music and we lost one player to an ACL injury, who will return once healed. Not sure where you heard we had lost a sizeable amount of talent. We will be entering QT. Throwing out hearsay on a public forum can be damaging. So happy to set it straight.

AYSESPT
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by purplefrog on 06/07/17, 12:50 pm

CBTeamworks wrote:
purplefrog wrote:

-AYSES Gold
-America's FC
-Lady Aztecs
-FCD WTX Yoshinobu
-RFC Black
-FCD ETX Haskins
-CDA Trophy Club

lol!
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigEnchilada on 09/07/17, 07:45 pm

So does anyone know what teams are playing the QT? What teams in LH D3 must requalify? How many spots open? I have seen 2 teams say they will attempt to qualify.
Kicks?
Defeeters west?
Are these the same team? Is the defeeters team the one that got caught cheating in Plano?
What about these teams, will they play the QT?
AYSES Gold
-America's FC
-Lady Aztecs
-FCD WTX Yoshinobu
-RFC Black
-FCD ETX Haskins
-CDA Trophy Club
BigEnchilada
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JE5 on 09/07/17, 08:05 pm

JE5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by purplefrog on 11/07/17, 10:59 am

Well, I guess there will definitely be some new teams in Lake Highlands. Surprisingly, not all the teams that were relegated are trying to re-qualify. I'm guessing the teams didn't make?? Sting Rojas, LP Hansen, Sting West and Sting Cuevas Royal not showing up on the applied team list
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharkey on 12/07/17, 03:05 pm

BIGENCHILADA wrote:its true - see Carey invitational final game
LH D1 Solar LLamas 1 vs Lady Aztecs PPL D1 3.

Solar Llamas played (and won) a LH game and drove directly over to play the Lady Aztecs (starting 15 min late due to drive time), they were spent and let the guest players get some time.

Sharkey
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigEnchilada on 12/07/17, 04:04 pm

Hmm... seems maybe llamas D1 played guests all the tournament or were really exhausted? 0-0 vs RFC, 2-0vs Bell, 2-0 vs FC Premier? One would think more separation between D1 and PPL teams. Guests are there to enhance the teams power.
Hohummm... anyway whats up with Sting? Seems Larry got a bye by moving into someones slot. Anyone know how many slots are open now? Last i heard were 4?
I say
Americas, Aztecs, FCD White, and Kernow make it in. Anyone else?
BigEnchilada
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico on 12/07/17, 04:23 pm

Larry took Angell's bye, but not his team from what I have heard.

The 4 that get in are an unknown. As said before which team retained the most players? Sounds like AYSES did so given that and their performance last year they'd be up there. FCD White retained most of their players from what I know, they'd probably be favorites I guess. Can we assume the "location" teams stayed together such as FCD ETX, Kernow, etc? Or the "in town" clubs such as Aztecs or Feet (Kicks). I think it's wide open honestly.
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mlwfrisco on 12/07/17, 04:25 pm

I'll predict CDA, FCD White, Americas, Lady Aztecs.

mlwfrisco
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum